Heathrow X : graphic bug on the runway

steph1975_fr

Hello Tim,

As there were so many files changed it was decided to build a complete new installer, so to update you need to redownload the file from your account at the shop.

Thanks, but the only link on my account at the shop is to the original download. I have re-downloaded and installed again. But I continue to see grey buildings at dawn/dusk/night in DX10.

Tim

Hello Tim,

Heathrow is not DX10 compatible so please turn it off.

Shaun

We're going round in circles here!

My original point was (and remains) that the Heathrow product OUGHT to be DX10 compatible: indeed, SP2 or Acceleration are said to be "requirements" for the product and there is no warning at the point of purchase that the product will NOT work with DX10.

So I'm sorry but really this is not just an "optional extra" which Aerosoft can choose not to provide. You have just got to get on and make Heathrow work with DX10. I dare say it is a chore but we all know it can be done: you've done it beautifully with Frankfurt for example.

Tim

Hello Tim,

The question about DX10 compatibility has been brought up many times recently.

DX10 is a Preview and from what I can gather there is no SDK for it nor does Microsoft Support it as yet.

I'm sorry to bang on about this, but this response still completely misses the point.

The Megascenery Frankfurt airport works properly with DX10, so do the add-on airports of many other publishers including the FlyTampa Hong Kong for example. The Heathrow airport is marketed and sold on the basis that it is compatible with - indeed "requires" - SP2 or Acceleration. There is no warning at the point of sale that it will only work if you "turn off" the DX10 preview. So there is no excuse for the grey buildings and the wonky runway markings: the developer should get on and fix them, simple as that.

Moreover, I was told in a support e-mail some time ago that this would fixed. It now seems clear that nothing is being done about it, which is why I have raised the subject again.

Hello Tim,

Some aircraft require that SP2 be installed for them to work, not purely for the fact that the DX10 "Preview" mode was added but that certain gauges were added. So just because it says its a requirement doesn't mean to say that it is because it should be this that or the other.

Heathrow is not DX10 compatible nor is there a requirement for it to be.

• Aerosoft
Hello Tim,

Some aircraft require that SP2 be installed for them to work, not purely for the fact that the DX10 "Preview" mode was added but that certain gauges were added. So just because it says its a requirement doesn't mean to say that it is because it should be this that or the other.

Heathrow is not DX10 compatible nor is there a requirement for it to be.

Aerosoft is not in the habit of stating what something is NOT compatible with. The list would be rather endless, right? When a product is compatible with DX10 this will always be stated clearly on the product page, but as MS neither supports the DX10 option nor documents is in any way we simply have no way of making sure if it works under all conditions. Some may work, some may not, it is more a question of luck then anything else. There are many parts of FSX that do not work in the DX10 preview because they are simply not implemented, some lights are the first that come to mind.

So I am sorry but I am closing this unfruitful discussion as there is not a lot we can do for each other. You insist we should force the developer to change it, we have no such intentions. We do not share your opinion that we SHOULD be compatible to the preview DX10 for reasons already stated. If you misinterpreted our product pages I am sorry and will discuss this with the web people. I doubt however that we'll be adding some disclaimer to every product page that things are not compatible with the DX10 preview. If you check with other vendors you will see that we are not the only one taking this point of view.