ALTS and GS remain armed

I'm using the most current version on P3D 4.3.  I'm not having any problems with GS capturing, that's going very well.  I have noticed, however, that if I set an altitude to descend to and level off early (by selecting the ALT), that the ALTS annunciation remains armed when it should clear.  If I then capture the GS at this stage, the ALTS and GS both remain armed in white even though I'm descending properly.  I checked the manual on this, and it confirms the ALTS armed mode should have cleared.

• 3 months later...

According to the updater I have 1.2.2.0 installed.  Yesterday's flight was going perfectly with a descent altitude set of 5,000.  I decided to level off early at 5,500 by pushing the ALT button, and the GS captured just fine at that higher altitude.  As in other flights before, the ALTS and GS indicators remained white even though I was descending just fine through the final to landing.  I know that if I had leveled off at the 5,000 altitude set initially, that the GS would have gone green at capture.  I hope my explanation makes sense, and I'm a bit surprised others haven't mentioned this before.  

• Developer

I'm using 1.2.2.3 right now which can be obtained by enabling experimental updates in the Aerosoft Updater. I'm not exactly sure when, but I made a couple of changes on the AP indications. 1.2.2.3 might already fix it.

I updated to the 1.2.2.3 and just slewed up for a quick approach.  See the attached image, and you'll see the localizer and the glideslope have been captured, but the ALTS and GS still show armed.  I didn't use the MCDU for this, just dropped in the ILS frequency.

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived