Complete powerloss mid light

BBoyJD10

Just during a flight Larnaca -> Gatwick we had a complete power outage suddenly (all engines off, screens blank) could not start APU or do anything. On latest update. Any advice?

• Aerosoft

And you are sure fuel system settings were okay?

At this moment we have no idea what could cause this. It seems we got at least three people who have seen it.If you ever found a way to recreate the issue we for sure we likwe to know.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We now had two more people who reported that issue and seen it solved with a fresh install of the sim.

Which is pretty darned easy to do with P3D! Just don't uninstall your addons!

• 2 weeks later...

I just experienced this issue today for the first time while on approach to KLAX at 3,000 ft. Power came back on while gliding after a few minutes and I was able to land. I’m not sure if any of my attempts to re-establish power helped or if it just came back on its own. My attempts included attempting to start APU even with all switches dark,turning on the starter switch, hitting Ctrl-M (an old trick from my FSX days with vendor a/c). I don’t believe it was fuel exhaustion, I took off from KSFO with enough reserve for a 2.5 hr flight - there were no warnings, just silence and a dark instrument panel.  I am on latest airbus version, and Prepar3D v4.3.

Mike DelFranco.

10 minutes ago, MDFMike said:

I just experienced this issue today for the first time while on approach to KLAX at 3,000 ft. Power came back on while gliding after a few minutes and I was able to land. I’m not sure if any of my attempts to re-establish power helped or if it just came back on its own. My attempts included attempting to start APU even with all switches dark,turning on the starter switch, hitting Ctrl-M (an old trick from my FSX days with vendor a/c). I don’t believe it was fuel exhaustion, I took off from KSFO with enough reserve for a 2.5 hr flight - there were no warnings, just silence and a dark instrument panel.  I am on latest airbus version, and Prepar3D v4.3.

Mike DelFranco.

Mike, do you have any Carenado aircraft installed?

niall

Me too. this evening out of EBBR for EGKK. mid-flight all screens dark and engine failures. interestingly I still had flaps and gear despite not being able to start APU (perhaps I did but no indication). 4th time for me by the way (see old thread). p3d v4/orbx/asx/linda...

niall

To date, I still have had this only happen once (on Aug 19th). One thing I remembered about the flight was that I had the aircraft at the gate for an extended period of time (>1hr) while setting up before powering up the APU, starting the aircraft and departure.  It was a flight from KSFO to KLAX.

Just had a complete power loss during flight: KSFO - KPHX. 

All was fine until all the systems just shutdown without warning. P3d did not crash. I ended up quitting the sim as I could not control the airplane. I'm going to try the same flight again and see what happens.

I do know that my computer installed some Windows 10 updates yesterday. Nothing else in the ecosystem has changed, other than installing the update for KSAN from ORBX. 

just had another "power" failure on taxiing. from cold and dark (but push failure I did note - had to shift P). had to APU on and restart and of course lost all FMS entries.

p3d 3.4 latest A318/319 my own RAAS (but not mastered on) orbx fsaerodata LINDA 3.0.7 with aerosoft A3XX Pro 0.6 beta AS p3d v

I have PMDG and Carenado (is Carenado the problem??)

hmmmm

Niall Kavanagh

Hi Mathijs,

so choose 1 for mcdu3 push and 0 degrees (a problem?) as directed LSZH gnd and no movement. I follow copilot engine 2 engine 1. but need shift P to get back. many minutes later as approaching entry hold dark all screens and engine spool down. no failure warnings.

Niall

• Aerosoft

I am really sorry bit it is very hard to follow what you write. Shift P is a key for pushback and you feel that is related to a entry to a holding? 

Would you be so kind to guide us step by step to what you believe is an issue? 

Hi again,

after "recovery" from the above about 45 minutes later during cruise, the same thing. sudden black screens BUT engine sounds normal? and maintaining altitude it appears. not recoverable .

niall

• Aerosoft

nialkav, sorry but this makes no sense. You talk about pushback and holdings entries and 'recovery' now we seem to be talking about a flight in cruise.  

If you are unable to provide repeatable information it does not help us. Please take some time to really write down what happens. Just bursts of text without context simply does not help.

sorry M,

holding as in on the ground hold. also using navigraph by the way...

the 1 option start with pushback with default distance and direction (straight back) failed, as in no movement , but e2 e1 start seemed ok

Niall

Archived