Aerosoft and Acceleration compatability

Terry1718

With the release of Acceleration which I'm sure lots of people will install, can Aerosoft give any idea which of their products may need updating to be compatable with SP2. I've upgraded my PC and am reinstalling FSX + Acceleration but I don't want to install any scenery/aircraft until I'm sure it will work properly. I have bought nearly all of Aerosofts scenery for FSX and I'm itching to get it reinstalled. I've got Heathrow and it's brilliant but what about Dillingham, Aspen, Hegoland and Monaco. I've checked the forums and there don't seem to be any problems so I'm being optimistic.

Thanks

Terry

Heathrow + FlorenceX + Brussels all run fine (Vista 32bit, Geforce 8800GTX, Core 2 Quad).

But Mega Airport Budapest is a nightmare - please see my post:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=13825

I still don't have an answer from aeroosft.

Another problem that I have is the Legacy from Wilco - the front window in the virtual

cockpit is dark grey since installation of Acceleration. Not playable anymore.

No other problems so far.

Regards,

Juergen

I don't know a lot but I tried to install over a modified FSX with addons installed and got lots of error message. Mainly on the mission screen with part of the Mission Pack Flight Tales I. So I'm gonna make a clean install tonight, that will be better I think :)

• 1 month later...

Well, on my system Dillingham has serious problems. It seems there are two levels of scenery. If you pan up and down you see two different versions of the software. In addition, the runway has serious dips in it.

I've checked all my scenery addons and have not found any other files associated with this field. The file that is supposed to be in the fsxsceneryworldscenery folder is there.

fb

• Aerosoft
Well, on my system Dillingham has serious problems. It seems there are two levels of scenery. If you pan up and down you see two different versions of the software. In addition, the runway has serious dips in it.

I've checked all my scenery addons and have not found any other files associated with this field. The file that is supposed to be in the fsxsceneryworldscenery folder is there.

fb

That is a strange effect I can not recreate here. Will talk to the developer about it. Budapest has been updated last week.

But because SP2 does not fix any bugs and only adds more we can not advice the SP2 in the Xpack at this moment.