Navigation

Speed selector button

Hi, how come the speed selector button doesn’t work on the ground. I right click/left click and I can’t select a speed. Is this a bug? In the air it works fine. V4.3 

When you right click you should be able to select a speed like 150 knots and so fourth, then left click and it should go back to auto throttle mode. But when I right click on the knob I can’t select any speed. But in the air I can select my speed no problem. 

Still waiting for confirmation but it could be a bug.

That said, doing this is most certainly not SOP so it could be we just did not model it. As far as I know it is possible on Boeings though.

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Still waiting for confirmation but it could be a bug.

That said, doing this is most certainly not SOP so it could be we just did not model it. As far as I know it is possible on Boeings though.

Yes indeed  probably where I’m so used to Boeing aircraft. But on the other hand  you can do it with FS Labs. I know FS Labs is irrevelent, but just throwing that in there. :) thanks for replying 

All of my advisory pilots seem to be unavailable right now. But this will not be forgotten.

From FCOM:

Note: With engines  running, the flight crew can select a speed on  the  FCU only after takeoff (5 s  after lift-off).

You should be able to dial something with engines off. At first engine start it will revert to managed.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

From FCOM:

Note: With engines  running, the flight crew can select a speed on  the  FCU only after takeoff (5 s  after lift-off).

You should be able to dial something with engines off. At first engine start it will revert to managed.

Ok that makes sense thanks

I guess it’s where I’m just not familiar enough with airbus, but I love flying it and Aerosoft has done a fantastic job. 

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.