Two overwing exits on the A319

Simoncuong

Hello, I recently bought the new AirbusĀ A319 professional and I must say it is very nice (besides the quality of the textures) but that's not the point. The other day I was flying at cruise in the EasyJet and I noticed that it had two overwing exits. Did I mess something up during the install or did you make two overwing exits on the A319? Whatever the case how can I fix it?

This is totally normal. As far as I know, EasyJet wanted to fit more seats in the A319, so Airbus decided to build a version with 2 overwing exits on each side instead of one to enable more capacity.

Luko0211 is right here. It has to do with public regulations: There is a maximum evacuation time limit an aircraft can have. And at a certain seat number that is impossible to hold up, so extra exits were added to stay within those regulations. So you see, those aircraft are very configurable. Some Indian A321 even have a double axis main landing gear, similar to the A330, but of course smaller overall size.

This takes me to another question, sorry if this has already been asked: Is it planned to model other passenger capacities for the Airbus Professional? I think it is quiet unrealistic to fly an A319 with just 124 seats, I recently flown in one with 156.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What you call unrealistic is the standard seating that comes from Airbus. Depending on the operator, there are so many different layouts out in the market, which you simply can not model.

But if you prefer to fly most of the time a lowcost carrier, you can adjust the max seating in ther aircraft.cfg to your liking.

I personally was never interested about the number of passengers, but only the weight numbers.

But I understand that some people fly for a virtual airline with a defined number seats and they can alter the aircraft.cfg as mentioned above. But do not forget to make a backup of the original files.

vor 24 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

What you call unrealistic is the standard seating that comes from Airbus. Depending on the operator, there are so many different layouts out in the market, which you simply can not model.

But if you prefer to fly most of the time a lowcost carrier, you can adjust the max seating in ther aircraft.cfg to your liking.

I personally was never interested about the number of passengers, but only the weight numbers.

But I understand that some people fly for a virtual airline with a defined number seats and they can alter the aircraft.cfg as mentioned above. But do not forget to make a backup of the original files.

Well, I think we could discuss about that, however, thank you very much for the tip ;).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived