Heathrow 2008 FSX Installation - SP1 or SP2 - Tech Question

SpeedbirdConcordeOne

Hi,

During install of Heathrow 2008 it asks if I have SP1 or SP2 installed in FSX.

Does it actually install a different set of files or set a config entry differently depending on the SP level??

I installed under SP1 - what happens when I install SP2?? Do I need to re-install to get it to install the SP2 specifics?

Best regards,

Robin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

HI,

to make it clear:

It is MANDATORY to use the corresponding version!.

-SP2 with Acceleration or the upcoming free SP2 patch

-SP1 with FSX SP1.

If you installed SP1 first and installed Acceleration (or coming SP2) later you MUST deinstall Heathrow and install the correct SP2 version!

Otherwise you´ll get visibility and transparency issues because MS has changed the entire scenery engine of SP2 compared to SP1. (Dont ask me why...)

Thorsten

• 3 weeks later...

Roughly in tune with this topic I am having problems installing the FSX version. I have SP1 and Acceleration installed(I can only get repair and remove if I insert the disc but I have repaired anyway) but the installer will not work as it says Acceleration features cannot be found.

Hi. I'm new to this or any other forum so hope I'm pressing all the right buttons! Bought Heathrow yesterday cos I have other Aerosoft stuff and been very pleased. But two problems have arisen. One is similar to raymohel - Have SP1 installed but Heathrow installer says it can't find it. Also installed FS9 version - cos I still love FS9 especially the ability to fly from "real" British Airports. But Aerosoft version has installed over British Airports and now I'm getting both versions on screen at the same time. Can anybody offer any advice please?

Thanks

Pete

I too am having a problem with the install, almost at the end of it ( yes, I do have SP2/Acc ) it comes up saying:

Feature: FSX Acceleration pack

Component: Acc

File:

Error: The system cannot find the path specified

Now I have got the right path to my FSX installation specified but this is what it comes up with, any thoughts please?

Hello Pete,

You may want to remove any files pertaining to Heathrow in the other scenery because if the files are still active they will get loaded.

As for the problem with the Acceleration issue hopefully there will be a fix for this.

But Acceleration at the moment is the bane of may a developer.

Shaun

Thanks for the reply but it is not really helpful as I have now removed Acceleration(SP2)from my FSX and reinstalled SP1.As fas I know I only have FSX scenery for Heathrow. The Heathrow installer still comes up saying it cannot find the features of SP1 on the path specified.

What do you want me to do now? Uninstall FSX and reinstall putting in SP1 along the way?

Hello Frederick,

That is an option if you don't have a whole lot to re-install.

But as Mathijs as I commented we suspect that it might not be a final version because its not available to owners of FSX as a whole only for those who have bought the Acceleration package.. Makes you wonder that question, if its final why isn't it available on the site for download!!

Shaun

I was being ironic as I have lots of other add ons and it would take me forever to reinstall!

There seems to be a problem with Mega Heathrow 2008 FSX in that it requires features from SP1 or SP2 but will not recognise a perfectly valid path to the simulator with them installed. I know I have now tried both.

I know my acceleration pack has uninstalled as other addons which were giving problems are now(post uninstall sp2) behaving properly.

I have now installed German Island Hopping from you, indicating SP1,satisfactorily although it did say that some wav files were missing which I had to manually skip.

So why will Heathrow2008 not install?

I am also having trouble installing it..There are two downloads..the one for 2004 asks for SP1 and wont install,the FSX one installs but doesn't show up in the sim.....I don't think I have any other Heathrows installed except for the default one....I posted this in the Aircraft folder first by mistake,,,L

Hi limawhiskey

I started this whole ball rolling but I have come up with a solution which works for me.(except that AI traffic is invisible at EGLL with SP2/acceleration).

Start from scratch ie download the whole scenery again to a folder on the drive where your FSX is installed.Do the whole extraction and run the installation as administrator being very careful to select if you have SP1 or SP2/acceleration when the installation screen requests the option.It appears you only get one chance at this otherwise you have to do the whole extraction again. I have done both versions on different FSX on different partitions.