318/19 Crazy descend rates

A340-4

Hello;

Question for you guys: Does anyone here have issues with the descend rate of the Bus? Im getting crazy descend rates up to 6000 FT/M. Does this happen to anyone else in here?

Thank you

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you give us the conditions we gladly check it out. 

Hi;

Just fly any STAR. Starting from TD the aircraft gets crazy. 

• Aerosoft
45 minutes ago, A340-4 said:

Hi;

Just fly any STAR. Starting from TD the aircraft gets crazy. 

Well we got many thousands of customers who do not see this (just check out the many YT videos that do not show this behavior) so I think asking for more information is legit. 

There is so much going on in the simulator (not the aircraft, but P3D itself) when we fly a descent. Winds (weather engine) can change (sometimes abruptly) and additional scenery gets called and loads, especially below 18,000ft, and this can adversely affect frame rates.  If there are any non-default shaders at work then the calculations being done my the processor and graphics processor can take longer and can even slow down or even hang up a one of both processors (CPU/GPU).  The cumulative affect of all of this can be a reduction in frame rates below 18fps, which in the Airbus caused the type of behavior you're seeing.

Note also that systems with lower processing power can experience the same more often as it's easier for them to tank below 18fps.

So for the record, I haven't seen any problems such as this on my system.  I'm running an i7-4770K at 4.3GHz, 16GB Ram, GTX1080 and I use all payware scenery.

I see this too with pretty much all managed descents at TOD. Initial rate can be 4000 fpm+ 

Its fairly clear to see that the aircraft is pitching too aggressively to maintain descent profile speed and then has to correct itself pretty rapidly.

Now, to be fair, I haven't tried since the new patch was released so not sure if its been addressed. I will also say that this has already been raised as an issue in forums previously where if I recall correctly, it was acknowledged.

I have the same problem when I fly from EPKT to ENBR (I used AS2016):

My route:

BAREX L623 ADVAB L617 KOLOB DCT AMSEV L621 TUKMU L197 BADAB BADA2N

In FMC from T/D to DIBMA is only 16nm and in this time computer calculating that the aircraft must descend from FL380 to FL255 (3). Aircraft descending with 4700 fpm (4) and after use speedbrake this value reached 6000 fpm and more. Depsite this, the plane failed to descend to this level at this waypoint. The next thing is that 255nm from airport i was supposed to be at FL255 at waypoint DIBMA (1), then 190nm - FL275 from DIBMA (2) and finally 107nm - FL257 (3) (this also applies to other waypoint).

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, raf120 said:

I have the same problem when I fly from EPKT to ENBR (I used AS2016):

My route:

In FMC from T/D to DIBMA is only 16nm and in this time computer calculating that the aircraft must descend from FL380 to FL255 (3). Aircraft descending with 4700 fpm (4) and after use speedbrake this value reached 6000 fpm and more. Depsite this, the plane failed to descend to this level at this waypoint. The next thing is that 255nm from airport i was supposed to be at FL255 at waypoint DIBMA (1), then 190nm - FL275 from DIBMA (2) and finally 107nm - FL257 (3) (this also applies to other waypoint

Thanks for the info.  Can you please provide your system specs, P3D Graphics settings, what your weather engine is and the settings for it?  Also, please verify that you entered all required flight data and that the data matched the actual load out you used for the aircraft?

We've seen people have the exact same issues caused by one or more of the above.

Hello Dave.

FPS are stable at about 35 to 40 through all the flight. And yes i enetered all required flight data.

My system specs:

Intel i5 3570 @4,2 ghz

Nvidia 1060 gtx 6 gb ram

8 gb RAM

I used Active Sky 2016, live real time mode and default options excepting:

- maximum cloud turbulence - set to 0

- maximum cloud icing - set to 10

- minimum and maximum cloud draw distance - 90nm

- maximum wind turbulence - set to 20

- turbulence effect scale - set to 20

- maximum wind shear - set to 10

- wake turbulence strenght - set to 10

- random light chop turbulence percentage - set to 10

- maximum surface visibility - set to 50

My graphic sertting for p3d:

I have the same issue from the first day of use (I bought it on release day). All my friends has reported the same. The problem is not solved by the updates.

when using managed climb or descend the vertical speed is over 4000/min. And it has nothing to do with the weather or load because the plane flies perfectly in selected or open climb mode. But managed is doing crazy things below FL100. After FL100 usually it is better during climb. Vertical speed 6.000 in managed mode is crazy and something is wrong here.

Alex

I got it as well every flight.

This time, I initiated the decent 20nm before the TOD and still endet up like this.

FPS are stable.
ActiveSky in use.

System:

AMD FX-8370E

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

16GB RAM

Please check my last videos on my YouTube channel “OVI_7” and you will see what is happening when attempting to manage climb after take off.

Same here. Departed Bilbao today via SID SSN 2A and the aircraft start climb with 6000 ft/m.

Yersteday and today I had ~ 4500 ft/m as initial descend rate during managed descend. 

Can confirm this issue to with basically every STAR I've flown so far. Decend rates of -4000 to -5000 fpm are happening constantly. 

When decending into EPWA I once even had a -10500 fpm rate for a few seconds.

Can't remember the exact STAR but I'll gladly look it up today evening if the information is needed.

I'm experiencing great performace throughout the flights without any FPS drops. And im constantly monitoring it so that really cannot be the culprit here.

Because of this, I really only fly manual decends with the bus atm.

BR,

Jan "Invictus"

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

if we get the exact conditions we'll gladly look into it. 

Hey Mathijs, 

How you would like to receive exact conditions? Can a recorded video of the whole flight help (twitch)?

Gregory

All information about You are writing Mathijs are provided in the posts above,but I will write again.

My route from EPKT (dep:rwy09) to ENBR (arr:rwy17):

In FMC from T/D to DIBMA is only 16nm and in this time computer calculating that the aircraft must descend from FL380 to FL255. Aircraft descending with 4700 fpm (4) and after use speedbrake this value reached 6000 fpm and more. Depsite this, the plane failed to descend to this level at this waypoint. In this flight i used AS2016 (live real time mode). I made one more flight on the same route with clear skies and without any wind (i used P3d weather engine) and the results is the same as i wrote above. Aircraft descending with 5000 fpm and more. FPS are stable at about 35 to 40 through all the flight and i enetered all required flight data.

My system specs:

Intel i5 3570 @4,2 ghz

Nvidia 1060 gtx 6 gb ram

8 gb RAM 

I am also facing the same issue. On TO and DES speed and altitude contraints are not being followed. I read that the SID constraint issue is being looked into but the same issue occurs from T/D as well, may it be initiated 5nm out or 20nm out. The bus struggles to meet ALT and SPD constraints (250kt Limiter works well). Hope this is sorted in the coming updates.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes we tried that approach and could not recreate the issue, that's why we asked for more information.

Ok. So, i make more tests and report here in few days

• Aerosoft

Thanks! Do believe me that we monitor this issue. 

What I have seen myself is that there are weather engines that could play a factor by sending in rather severe wind changes to get a more detailed weather pattern (we are NOT fans of that). Als the aircraft (certainly the 319) is rather picky on speed management in the initial stages of descend. There is a lot of information about this on the web but what is clear is that you should not try to slow down and start a descend at the same time. You will be behind the curve the whole time.

Also keep in mind that descend profiles are not set in concrete, nothing wrong with some spoilers when you need it. Just make sure you assign an axle to thed spoilers so you can give a little bit and do not have to set it binairy.

Archived