v1.2.2.1 Relapse

Win10-64, P3Dv4.3

CRJ700 v1.2.2.1

This version which became available today (1Aug2018) is terrible. It's like going back to v1.05 and 1.06.

Autopilot is braindead and totally ignores most commands given by the flight director. Crossing a waypoint means the autopilot goes into a lazy, aimless turn opposite of what the FD commands. Deja vu! Been there back in March of this year.

I used the AS Updater to make this version so maybe the update is corrupt. If a full installer is available in my account I'll try a whole new install, but I'm not expecting a miracle. Seems my computer got stupid again, like when it was running v1.06.

Nope.... account only shows 1.2.0.0. Maybe that was the Airbus they were referring to. Back into the hangar then.

If CRJ 1.2.2.0 was working correctly, 1.2.2.1 should too. AFAIK, the only two changes were to fix a bug in the pressurization system, and to make some improvements to the weather radar. Those changes should not have any effect on autopilot operation or course tracking.

I made a bunch of flights involving RNAV SID departures from FSDT KLAX in version 1.2.2.0, to help track down the pressurization bug (which was indeed present). Despite the pressurization issue, waypoint tracking was working fine.

I just made the exact same series of test flights in 1.2.2.1 (P3D 4.3), and the waypoint tracking is still working just as well - no issues at all. The pressurization problem appears to be fixed too, but I still have to make a descent and landing at KASE to be sure that bug is truly solved.

Perhaps something did get corrupted in your update to 1.2.2.1 Did you have an anti-malware program running when you did the update?

I don't see any announcement of this update in the usual place on this forum and the updater shows that I've got v1.2.2.0 installed in FSX:SE and that there are no updates available.  What's going on?

Andy L

Please ignore my post above. I've just seen a post in another thread to the effect that it's an experimental update.  With that option selected in the updater I am offered to update to v1.2.2.1

Andy L

8 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

If CRJ 1.2.2.0 was working correctly, 1.2.2.1 should too. AFAIK, the only two changes were to fix a bug in the pressurization system, and to make some improvements to the weather radar. Those changes should not have any effect on autopilot operation or course tracking.

I made a bunch of flights involving RNAV SID departures from FSDT KLAX in version 1.2.2.0, to help track down the pressurization bug (which was indeed present). Despite the pressurization issue, waypoint tracking was working fine.

I just made the exact same series of test flights in 1.2.2.1 (P3D 4.3), and the waypoint tracking is still working just as well - no issues at all. The pressurization problem appears to be fixed too, but I still have to make a descent and landing at KASE to be sure that bug is truly solved.

Perhaps something did get corrupted in your update to 1.2.2.1 Did you have an anti-malware program running when you did the update?

Only files updated by the v1.2.2.1 update were two text files and ASCRJ.DLL. I doubt the two text files have anything to do with the autopilot.

Uninstalled v1.2.2.1, replacing it with 1.2.0.0, and not surprisingly the autopilot once again followed the flight director. Same route with SIDs and STARs that gave v1.2.2.1 fits. Going to try updating to v1.2.2.0 as the pressurization problem never affected me and I rarely use the weather radar. For me v1.2.2.1 is a step backward.

37 minutes ago, JerryJet said:

Only files updated by the v1.2.2.1 update were two text files and ASCRJ.DLL. I doubt the two text files have anything to do with the autopilot.

Uninstalled v1.2.2.1, replacing it with 1.2.0.0, and not surprisingly the autopilot once again followed the flight director. Same route with SIDs and STARs that gave v1.2.2.1 fits. Going to try updating to v1.2.2.0 as the pressurization problem never affected me and I rarely use the weather radar. For me v1.2.2.1 is a step backward.

Yes the experimental updates are sort of “at your own risk”, and if 1.2.2.0 is working well for you, it would probably be best to stick with it.

What specific airport pair, flightplan and SID/STAR was giving problems for you? I’d like to try the flight myself to see if there are any problems. As I said, after conducting multiple identical pressurization test flights in both 1.2.2.0 and 1.2.2.1, involving RNAV departures and RNAV approaches, there is no difference in the behavior of the autopilot and flight director whatsoever, and I am also running P3D 4.3

I know there is a seperate problem in the 1.2.2.x builds involving the FMS not accepting departure airport entries, but that only seems to be affecting some FSX and FSX-SE users.

3 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

What specific airport pair, flightplan and SID/STAR was giving problems for you? I’d like to try the flight myself to see if there are any problems. As I said, after conducting multiple identical pressurization test flights in both 1.2.2.0 and 1.2.2.1, involving RNAV departures and RNAV approaches, there is no difference in the behavior of the autopilot and flight director whatsoever, and I am also running P3D 4.3 

Flightplan came off of Flight Aware. Caught my eye cuz the SID and STAR are named after Hall of Fame catchers.

217nm @ FL220

KCVG JBNCH OKK KMDW. Takeoff 18L on SID JBNCH5. Landing on 13C or 22L from the FISSK4 STAR

13 minutes ago, JerryJet said:

Flightplan came off of Flight Aware. Caught my eye cuz the SID and STAR are named after Hall of Fame catchers.

217nm @ FL220

KCVG JBNCH OKK KMDW. Takeoff 18L on SID JBNCH5. Landing on 13C or 22L from the FISSK4 STAR

CVG to MDW via Johnny and Carlton... will try it tonight with 1.2.2.1

Jim Barrett

Archived