Throttles very slow to spool after moving throttle up

Every time I throttle up to taxi or take off I see the N1 bug move to the set position, however it takes several seconds (between 5 to 15) for the engines to begin spooling up.   Is this normal? 

Each engine depending on the age and condition of the engines will vary in spool up time.  I have seen spool up times from idle to 50% N1 of 5 seconds difference between each engine.  I did a test not long ago and it took a total of 9-11 seconds to go from ground idle to Thrust set position at a set Flex temperature (CFM).  15s seems a bit long, but I can't say it would never happen. 

You will definitely see differences between each engine and between different aircraft as well RW.  Realistic spool up times and differences between the two engines have been modeled.   It would be nice to see a video showing your 15 second spool up time as this is a bit long and our spool up times were adjusted not too long ago to match a real world example.  BTW, which engine model are you using.?

Archived