Couple of issues with Oslo 1.13

elgster

The hangar just south of the cargo apron is transparent at night. Checked with 1.12 as well and it had the same issue.

Please login to display this image.

I also see some yellow'ish "blobs" from the flloodlights (marked red) sitting around the main terminal building. All other floodlights looks ok (marked green). Did not see this issue with 1.12. Im using p3d 4.3

Morten

• Developer

Hi,
I'm unable to recreate the issue in P3Dv4.3 with a clean install of Oslo v1.13.
The issue with the night texture on the hangar looks like it could be an shader issue since the model/texture doesn't have any transparency applied to it.
Have you tried clearing the Prepar3D shader cache and if you're using any shader tools deactivate it to see if the issue still persists?

The shader cache can be found here: "C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders"

The orange flood light effects you're seeing looks similar to the effect texture that was shipped with the older versions of Oslo and it's no longer included, can you check inside Prepar3D effects texture folder that you only have this texture file for Oslo: "Aerosoft_ENGM_flood.dds"

and that there's no file with the same name but a different file type, such as .bmp that's left behind from an older version of the scenery.

The effect textures are located here: "...\Prepar3D v4\Effects\texture"

Hi,

Before you posted responded i did some searching with MCX and noticed the differences you see below. I changed the parameters on the hangar to match the other, compiled it and the problem went away. After you responded i recreated the issue, deleted the shaders which also worked. 

Regarding the lights, after lots of testing i boiled it down to be a conflict with the Aerosoft Pisa scenery. When Pisa is deactivated the lights are working properly. But when activated i get the issue again. Further testing showed the culprit to be:

KDM_lib.BGL, KDM_flood.fx & KDM_flood.bmp. I moved the .fx & .bmp out of the sim and there was no lights at the main terminal in Oslo. Put these files back in and moved the .bgl out and all normal at Oslo.

I know Pisa isn't V4 ready, but i think there is something with Oslo 1.13 to cause this or utilize these files as the issue didn't manifest with 1.12.

Morten

Archived