Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional Preview. (released)

Our marketing department told me I was out of my mind to do a big release like the Aerosoft A320/A321 professional at the end of August because that is the week after Gamescom. That's when they need to handle all the new orders, contacts etc. Oops.... So we now set it at Sept 6th.

So sorry to hear that! I've been looking forward to the release of the A320/321 to compliment the A318/319 that I already have.

Pardon my ignorance, what has the marketing department have to do with this?

Regards,

Scott

Well marketing is the department that creates the press releases, adds, translates it in all languages, decides where to have banners etc. If you want to sell it on your own site, in one language the product manager could write the text and make some graphics. Think something like this could be done by me?

advertisement_alt

I always love those clashes between Marketing & Sales & Operations departments :D ... However, I am looking very much forward to the A320/321 !!

I dont think Gamescom attendants are your focus group. The kids want to play the new COD or BF and not a flight simulator. well the vast majority at least

I really can't understand the downvote for Mathijs' announcement of the release date.

First of all, you who did this should be glad about the transparency the Aerosoft team offers here again and again - and about the fact that you can adjust your private schedule accordingly in order not to miss a minute of fun with the new A320/321.

And secondly: You P3Dv4 guys had to wait for only one year in order to get that plane for your sim. Meanwhile, if you couldn't bear to wait, you could still use your old FSX/32-bit P3D version (if you had that) or buy the competitor's product. On the other hand side, I've been waiting for the A330 for more than three years now - it's one of my favourite planes in the world. I didn't and still don't have a decent alternative to go to, and there's even still the vague possibility that I as FSX flyer will remain empty-handed in terms of the A330 if I don't make the switch to P3Dv4 soon.

Am I crying murder or complaining about that? No. Things like that happen, and good things come to those who wait. And sometimes, if this means for you that you have to buy an expensive strong computer, buy a new simulator and also quite a few add-on upgrades, then it's a classic case of "Shit happens". Don't be over-dramatic; in the end, it's just a game (albeit a pretty realistic one) and not a question of life or death.

7 hours ago, DaWu said:

I dont think Gamescom attendants are your focus group. The kids want to play the new COD or BF and not a flight simulator. well the vast majority at least

You realise of course, that Aerosoft isn't not only huge on the flight simulation market, right? 

And that the Gamescom is more than just a consumer show, right? 

vor 4 Stunden , Tom A320 sagte:

You realise of course, that Aerosoft isn't not only huge on the flight simulation market, right? 

And that the Gamescom is more than just a consumer show, right? 

So where are they huge? Bussimulator? Trainsimulator? Thats all niche. And the press like IGN or Gamestar dont care for the 320 release at all

vor 15 Minuten, DaWu sagte:

So where are they huge? Bussimulator? Trainsimulator? Thats all niche. And the press like IGN or Gamestar dont care for the 320 release at all

Are you really trying to tell Aerosoft how their business works? ^^ 

12 hours ago, DaWu said:

Indeed, but you forget that we don't only have FS add-ons but are also the largest producer of Bus sims and bus sim add-ons and are very strong in trainsim etc. Next to that we are working on MANY other titles that are very much aimed at people who come to the gamescom. That's why we'll have a rather massive stand there this year. 

Many (MANY) add-ons for OMSI outsell FS add-ons. A niche market perhaps, but at least as big as the FS add-on niche. By far the biggest sim around (for the last 10 years!) is Farmer Sim, and the add-ons for it, like our Straw Harvest, sell magnitudes more then FS add-ons.

vor 5 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Indeed, but you forget that we don't only have FS add-ons but are also the largest producer of Bus sims and bus sim add-ons and are very strong in trainsim etc. Next to that we are working on MANY other titles that are very much aimed at people who come to the gamescom. That's why we'll have a rather massive stand there this year. 

Many (MANY) add-ons for OMSI outsell FS add-ons. A niche market perhaps, but at least as big as the FS add-on niche. By far the biggest sim around (for the last 10 years!) is Farmer Sim, and the add-ons for it, like our Straw Harvest, sell magnitudes more then FS add-ons.

Well good for you and for us in the longer term as we get more quality FS addons. Well then we have to wait....

At least I can show my friends who are not that into flight simulation, how to fly an airbus at the Gamescom [If it's possible]. Really looking forward to visit your booth. If you will show the airbus, will there be a hardware configuration in addition?

I don't think we'll have complex hardware for FS there. I do know the tractor and bus hardware will be on the stand. We do hope to have the latest Honeycomb pre production models.

6 hours ago, DaWu said:

So where are they huge? Bussimulator? Trainsimulator? Thats all niche.

Oh - and Flight Simulation isn't?! :wacko:

Come on guys. It's seven (single digit) days. See it this way. Seven days less to wait for the A330 when the A320/A321 are out :D

On 8/13/2018 at 5:48 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Our marketing department told me I was out of my mind to do a big release like the Aerosoft A320/A321 professional at the end of August because that is the week after Gamescom. That's when they need to handle all the new orders, contacts etc. Oops.... So we now set it at Sept 6th.

According to your official timeline, the release for the A320/A321 was set for 5 weeks after the release of A318/A319. As the first release was on 12th July, 5 weeks later is exactly the 16th august. So you were late in any case, don't worry ;)

A few weeks more for the second release is a minor inconvenience at this stage of the project.

Just to bring a bit light into the darkness and refresh some facts regarding to the release date: "The A320/A321 will initially NOT be available but is expected to be released within 5 or 6 weeks of the release of the A318/A319" is what @Mathijs Kok wrote (here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/132584-pricing/) on May 28th this year. I hope the people who are complaining about the release date know the meaning of the word expected... No offence, just a friendly reminder :)

9 hours ago, KIE said:

I hope the people who are complaining about the release date know the meaning of the word expected...

Well said.

However, given that last couple of posts in here, I'd say that they don't. Or is wilfully ignoring the fact.

Aerosoft produce a lot of great software, among their family, are flight sim products. I would imagine Aerosoft balances release dates of software based around, amongst other things, labour resources, both technical and marketing.  Gamescom is likely to produce many orders from many different software groups other than flight sim. This (hopefully) will suck up resources big time.. To have a big release such as the A320/A321 during or immediately following Gamescon will cause havoc...As gamescom is a hard commitment and dates are hard wired, better give the A320/A321 release a week or so for one storm to quieten before invoking another.  

I just love, when you get downvoted for no reason...

Neither of my posts, was offensive, derogatory or insulting towards anyone. Sensitive crowd.

Apparently there's still users in here, who either loves trolling or haven't grasped the basic 'rules of engagement', when it comes to the voting-system.