Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

About the fact this topic is locked, please see here

and please comment if you have an opinion, heck just press up or down button if you can't be arsed to spend a few minutes to write a comment.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just some images one of the testers made. Keep in mind that that this is currently at P3d V4.2 standard and PBR layers still have to be added.

Yesterday we also decided that the third MCDU (the one at aft section of the center console) will be used as our settings MCDU. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

Quick update....  The work on the not yet announced project is coming to an end soon and then all modeling resources will be back on the A330 and we'll be able to give more feedback (and I will open the discussion again).  

in the meantime, the Connected Flight Deck is pretty stable, our decision to go with a server in between has proven to be perfect, we have no performance issues (that are not caused by the user's connection) and the connection that does not need any tweaks to firewall, routers etc make it much more accessible. So that part of the new projects is nearly done.

We spend a lot of time considering EFB and CPDLC.

• For CPDLC we decided to wait. None of the big organizations (VATSIM, IVAO and to a lesser extend POSCON) is able to give us a stable server and an SDK to connect to. The only way at this moment is via Hoppie and while I enjoy what is done there tremendously, it is not a stable base and still fully depending on one or two persons. For a product aimed at large groups of users, it is simply not transparent enough.
  • Our Electronic Flight Bag, however, is being worked on right now. Next to all checklists, flows and documents, it will also feature georeferenced charts (Lufthansa NavDataPro and Navigraph) where the position of the aircraft is displayed on. Performance data calculations, however complex, will also be worked on. Of course, as partners of PMDG we'll also include their GFO system. It's something we are still very excited about! The EFB will be part of the VC but also as 2d 'panel'. It will also be usable on any device with a web browser on the same network.

The release date, however, is determined by the modeling/shading/texturing and animation and as said that will be restarted soon. 

• Like 2

Think we have not shown this....  We spend a lot of time on it as we wanted wingflex a bit more realistic then what is normally done. Still not what we want (realistically the frequency should simply be a lot higher then what p3D can do) but it looks pretty good.

• Like 5

Btw, end of this month Stefan will be fully back on the modeling the A330. The externals are ready but the VC needs to get a thorough update to PBR and other new standards (not just new textures as most devs seem to do) won't be a very quick process but at least we'll have visible updates. In the meantime work on the EFB is progressing nicely. We have also resumed talks on CPDLC with VATSIM, IVAO and POSCON and have promised them that as long as the interfaces are similar we'll support all that can be offered.  This should merge fine with the PMDG new system.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maximilian1912 said:

Hello.

I have got a question. Is there a box version available after the release of the A330? Or do I have to download it from the platform?

For sure there will be a boxed version on DVD!

51 minutes ago, L de Wit said:

I hope the random animations inside the cockpit can be disabled. I really dislike it in the A320 series and feel they dont add anything to the immersion, at least for me.

Can you explain why? They are all made after we studied three videos from complete flights and actually only show a fraction of all that goes on. In our mind NOT showing a cup of coffee is a lot less realistic then showing it. Won't be a real problem to have a switch to disable it, I just want to know why you prefer something that is actually realistic.

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Can you explain why? They are all made after we studied three videos from complete flights and actually only show a fraction of all that goes on. In our mind NOT showing a cup of coffee is a lot less realistic then showing it. Won't be a real problem to have a switch to disable it, I just want to know why you prefer something that is actually realistic.

Well, that kind of details are funny an appreciated. At least for me and a lot of users. Brings live to the cockpit. And also @L de Wit if you don't want the coffee cup to be seen, just dont let the cabin crew enter the cockpit. don't unlock the doors, is that simple and funny.

And yes, the topic is back open but moderation will be very strict. As always these are our forums, part of our support and marketing and they are NOT public debate forums, We decide what is welcome and what not. There are hundreds of other forums not paid by us where things we might feel offense to the hard-working team would not be removed.

To give a quick update....

The project we had to complete first is done from our part at the end of the month. All the team members will be fully back on the busses at that time.  Of course, things have not stopped,  a lot of new code has been inserted in the A320 series that is also intended for the A330.  Connected Flight Deck nears completion (we have a few parts that are not synced that will be fixed next week) and the web side of it, where you can see all flight and do matchmaking etc will also be online soon.

------------------

Eduard, if user de Wit is not interested in the immersion (again, no judgment) I also don't think he will be interested in knowing how the cockpit doors and it's security works.  We'll add an option to disable it all.

32 minutes ago, L de Wit said:

Being a licensed mechanic, I know how the cockpit doors work. Also makes no sense to model it in a flight simulator if you’d ask me, but thats my opinion.

I just want to fly the plane from A to B following SOP. I dont need to see footrests or the table move out of nowhere. I understand some users do like it, but for me it just doesn’t add a thing at all to immersion. If I want to see the table folded out, I’ll click it open myself.

It might be that a cup of coffee in the cockpit is realistic, it still doesnt add anything to the point Im using the simulator so if possible, I just would like to see an option to disable it. To each their own.

Okay, I am sorry but it seems we created not the product you prefer.  We try to mimic all the things a pilot does while flying from A to B, and that includes opening the cockpit door.  You prefer a version that does not focus on the work of the pilot but fully on the aircraft systems. I think you will prefer FSLabs approach to the Airbus in this. They create a more or less sterile cockpit environment based on one single pilot flying the aircraft and where there are no bits of paper, first officers, cups of coffee or cabin staff to deal with. 

Your preferred use of the simulator is not about simulating what a pilot does but focusses solely on the flying part of the simulator.  What you want is a simulation of a professional simulator where the crew can train.  They do not get coffee there and signing off on a printed load sheet is as far as I know never done.  We just do not want to simulate a simulator. We want to give the user the experience the work of a pilot. With a co-pilot, with cabin crew that needs to be instructed, with coffee and smartphones. I have not been on any flight deck where smartphones were not visible somewhere in the last ten years and since aircraft have wifi our advisory pilots keep sending us images of there food trays in real time. 

It's a different way of looking at a product. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to this aircraft! I have a couple questions. In the A320 series, there were no GPWS callouts, that would call out V1 (unless you started and went through the entire checklist with the Virtual first officer, and even then, it would not be the GPWS calling it, it would be the first officer) unlike the 777 or 737 aircraft which will callout V1 from the aircraft when taking off. Will the A330 have to go through all of the checklists and have the first officer call this? Or will it automatically be called out from when on takeoff?

5 hours ago, Kristian1484 said:

Looking forward to this aircraft! I have a couple questions. In the A320 series, there were no GPWS callouts, that would call out V1 (unless you started and went through the entire checklist with the Virtual first officer, and even then, it would not be the GPWS calling it, it would be the first officer) unlike the 777 or 737 aircraft which will callout V1 from the aircraft when taking off. Will the A330 have to go through all of the checklists and have the first officer call this? Or will it automatically be called out from when on takeoff?

But GPWS does not call out V1, it is a Ground Proximity Warning System after all.

And we do not plan to change our call-outs, a call like V1 is done by the PNF and thus belongs in the complete flow of calls and actions and we believe it should not be separated.

6 minutes ago, james_12345 said:

2 questions, 

1. Will the screens be independent (like fsl) hopefully

2. Is there a plan to be able to print off loadsheets/other documents directly to a printer?

Thanks, can't wait for it

1. yes

2. you mean a physical printer and not the one in the VC? No.

1 hour ago, DrShadow said:

I noticed that in the fuel pannel the center fuel tank buttons are missing.

I guess the will be added with Stefan's cockpit update?

Cheers

The A330-300 does not have an active centre tank. While the box containing the tank is there it is not actually "active". It's just a "dummy" to keep airframe commonality. Fuel is loaded in the wingtanks only in the A330-300.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, francis16 said:

But im seeing some videos that the computer calls out v1 then the pilot monitoring will call the rotation speed.

Yeah thats what I mean, will the computer call out V1? because thats what happens in most aircraft. At least the ones I flew jump seat in did.

14 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

The A330-300 does not have an active centre tank. While the box containing the tank is there it is not actually "active". It's just a "dummy" to keep airframe commonality. Fuel is loaded in the wingtanks only in the A330-300.

Let me add something. It’s correct that the 300 doesn’t have a center tank, normally. There is a version with higher TOW, which add a center tank to the 300. 

But we don’t model that version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SWOOS said:

Which Version do you model? MTOW 233.000 kg and Fuel Capacity 139.000 l ?

The standard model, MTOW is 233T

8 minutes ago, Ustio said:

hate to break your bubble but is this the final version of the sound? its missing the howl sound when spooling up. To me the howling sound when the trent 700 spools up is what makes the RR variant unique. not having the howl sound will make it less immersive

thanks

First of all, TSS stated it is still a work-in-progress. Secondly, I believe they also mentioned that the infamous "Trent howl" has not yet been implemented so you have nothing to worry about.

8 minutes ago, Ustio said:

hate to break your bubble but is this the final version of the sound? its missing the howl sound when spooling up. To me the howling sound when the trent 700 spools up is what makes the RR variant unique. not having the howl sound will make it less immersive

thanks

Ist this so hard to understand?

2019-06-10_12h40_25.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hey

i had a mail chat a fiew weeks ago with the guys from TSS! 

It is not the final version, the howl spooling up soud will also be a part of the package.

So top TSS quality as usual! :D

💪🏻👍🏻

@Kristian1484, I'm not a staff member, but let me point out that you already got an answer by Mathijs Kok about the take-off call-outs. So it would be nice of you if you could stop flooding this forum with call-out questions. Mathijs wrote:

And we do not plan to change our call-outs, a call like V1 is done by the PNF and thus belongs in the complete flow of calls and actions and we believe it should not be separated.

So this means: Just like in Aerosoft's A320 series, there will be no takeoff call-outs, at least besides the ones made by the co-pilot when you switch him/her on in the checklist menu.

And since Aerosoft has modelled the original landing call-outs also in their A320 series, you can certainly expect the original landing call-out sounds in the A330 as well. The sounds you posted above are from an A320, but all Airbus aircraft have the same landing call-out sounds (besides the earliest generation of Airbusses, they had a more robotic-sounding call-out voice).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, Thomas Hao said:

Only one question, Will the A330 have the  

RAAS system?

Yes it will.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:51 AM, Kristian1484 said:

Yeah thats what I mean, will the computer call out V1? because thats what happens in most aircraft. At least the ones I flew jump seat in did.

We have planned to have that call added.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:36 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

There is absolutely still an option. The P3D version will be released first and then we will evaluate if there is still a market for FSX.

If there are enough people willing to buy it for FSX at that time we will make a version, if not then not. The option as you say is definitely still there!

I will be honest, seeing that downloads of 32-bit products it becomes less likely. Removing all the bits that will not work for FSX will take many months and it is highly unlikely we'll ever recover that money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are very much planning that the A330 will as smoothly as the A320 series does. Using the very latest compilers helps a lot!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1