Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

It is a fine balance between the team size and being profitable, more people reduce the production time but, in my experience, not productivity. And the margins are slim indeed. The average sales price of our busses is around 29 euro's (plus VAT when applicable) because of the low costs updates, VA discounts etc that we offer. 

• Upvote 2

Indeed it was, but let me explain one more time. Converting this product back to 32-bit status means removing many features and simplifying others to avoid it putting too much load on the small amount of memory and minimal use of the GPU. Basically, it is the difference between our 32-bit buses and the newer 64-bit ones. So it would feel outdated on release and with at least three months of development ( I scheduled 2000 hours) for the whole team it would cost serious amounts of money. 

IF we feel that at the moment we can start selling it the market is large enough to bring enough sales to pay for that we'll make a 32-bit version, if we feel we might break even we'll make a 32-bit version. If we feel we will lose serious money we will not. Keep in mind that while doing this work no other work that is without a doubt more profitable can be done. It's a complex calculation. But it will be done when the time is there. 

At the same time, we can simply see how downloads for 32 and 64-bit files compare, how many people get updates for what version. Combined with standard market research this will give us a good picture of the potential market.

Always keep in mind that the amount of FSX pilots compared to P3D pilots is not important for us. It is the number of people who are willing to buy add-ons.  If you look back at the time when FSX took over from FS2004 we saw that the moment FSX was available FS2004 users stopped investing in their hobby. It's the same with FSX and P3D, even when the P3D market share was just 25%, more 75% of our sales were for P3D.

I hope this explains it. Now if you promise to buy 5000 copies I promise there will be a 32-bit version. Now I only promise we will consider it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, ols500 said:

Is the FMC the same in the A330 as the A320 etc?

No FMC in Airbuses, but the MCDU and FMGS are either the same or very similar.  You won't have any issues if you're already proficient with the MCDU/FMGS in the Bus.

If interested, please see the following post:

Best wishes!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lennart1948 said:

Uhh what happened ?

some 25 pages were deleted?

Last Wednesday I posted about a clean-up. All the old "Is it ready yet?", "How about FSX?" and "Can't wait" and repeated sort of posts were hidden not deleted. That way, moderators can unhide them if need be, and the clutter is greatly reduced leaving useful content.

Since there are 35 pages in the unhidden view moderators have, you can see that 25/35 pages or over 70% of the posts were not really useful or on-topic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Budlake said:

I do not understand why the development of a 32bit A330 is potentially far too expensive  

Other 3D models because of the lack of PBR, no animations/objects in the VC, no truelight and glass. These are just a few examples that show how much a difference P3D v4 already makes when compared with 32 bit. All this, and more, must be rewritten/left out and that costs manpower/money. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maesi0783 said:

how long will he stey A330 in the Beta??

I understand you like a release date but I am simply not able to give that at this moment.  The whole team is currently busy closing the known issues on the A320 series and most of that code is already prepared for the A330 (it's basically only config files that are different). At the same time modeling has to be completed and the Connected Flight Desk system has to be implemented. All in all a lot of work to be done and it is all work that is very very hard to schedule. At the same time, I am negotiating some professional (for real training) deals that could affect the whole process.

So nothing sensible can be said, but the release is not close. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

On 1/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Connected Flight Desk system has to be implemented

One question on that, I couldn´t find using the search function: You´ve released the A320 professional series without the connected flightdeck system to make sure you can release the Airbusses now, continue work on the CFD and implement it afterwards. 

Will you also do the same with the A330, so release first with the CFD to be implemented in a future update, or will you wait with releasing the A330 until CFD is ready for it and implemented?

• Upvote 1

Can we expect the A330 to come with PBR out of the package?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, rzlpfrmpf said:

One question on that, I couldn´t find using the search function: You´ve released the A320 professional series without the connected flightdeck system to make sure you can release the Airbusses now, continue work on the CFD and implement it afterwards. 

Will you also do the same with the A330, so release first with the CFD to be implemented in a future update, or will you wait with releasing the A330 until CFD is ready for it and implemented?

When it is ready for the A320 it is ready for the A330, 100% the same code.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jammin16 said:

Hi

I would like to hear would A330 also have this call out: 70...60 ft when you go in for landing?

I ask because I think is not a good idea because I have never hear a real Airbus Aircraft say: 70...60ft before 50...40...30...20...

It's just a suggestion

Hi,

it's been a long time since this system was implemented, but if I'm not totally mistaken there was a 2D MCDU option implemented to disable these. They're optional on the real plane and indeed not many airlines have them. Mostly those who regularly fly to airports with many different angles of descend on final approach have them to give pilots a better ability to get the mental picture just before touchdown on steeper glide slopes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

ou say there was a 2D MCDU option implemted to disable these callouts for Aerosoft Airbus Family Pro (P3Dv4) or in the aircarft in the real life?

In P3Dv4... I could be wrong, but I doubt there's any configurations available like that, in the real plane... 

31 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

but I doubt there's any configurations available like that, in the real plane... 

Not for the pilots. Technical personal can ofcourse install/activate (pins) these options. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

Okay I understand but if it is optional why have Aerosoft don't do them optional for the new Airbus Family? I understand well that they have done it well.

But if could escape hearing 70 and 60 ft as callout would I be happy.

The short and easy answer is because the FMS we modeled had it active.

No promises, but we'll try to look at making this optional sometime down the road.

In the meantime, if it bothers you THAT much (you know, affecting your sleep, causing you to be irritable at work or school, in flight sim forums, etc. 😉) then you can try deleting the sound files for these calls outs.  Just be sure to back them up.  No, I'm not going to tell you where or what files they are, let the Easter Egg Hunt begin!  (Actually, it's pretty simple to find and identify them, and doing so will help some folks to understand the inner workings of flight sim aircraft).

Best wishes!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Gantalyetos said:

Do you have in mind some program like the PMDG Ops Center that will download and install the updates? I mean, instead of having to download installers every time from the website, since you mentioned a more steady flow of updates to the family. In addition, is it planned to add the cargo doors hydraulics sound to the A330 and the A320 family? Cheers!

Already there:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, Carl Wideman said:

So my question, do you see enhancement to this functionality ? Do you see some increased possibility to rely upon the co-pilot, is there anything else that the co-pilot does in real life that is not done in the AS bus ? Perhaps in the loading of the route or in the INIT/flight plan input or handling ATC ? (real life pilots may be able to shed light on an amateur, home user...(sorry  Lockheed, for me its a combination of learning & leisure)

In real life, at least in my airline, either pilot can do "it all". The PF sets up plane and the only time the PM touches systems is when the aircraft is in the air.

Since roles are usually switched between each flight this means that on one flight the captain will do it all and on the next the FO does.

Therefore there is no "right or wrong" here, it all depends on the airline and their SOP.

The copilot in our Airbus is intended more as an aid for people who want to focus purely on the flying part rather than showing a fully realistic airline SOP. With that in mind however it is indeed based on one airlines SOP but then has been adapted for flight simulation use.

If you want a "more realistic" airline crew simulation you can always look into purchasing FS2Crew who provide a very close crew simulation based on Airbusses own standart operating procedures.

One other question, perhaps a little stupid as it is purely an immersion question and potentially laughable to some, I don'k know... when I select co-pilot ON and he or she starts running through the checklist for me...the seat next to me is still empty. Can co-pilot be modelled based on selected or not?

(and if anyone accuses me of asking a completely stupid request, I will cry and consider my self being bullied by overly technical and serious people)

We would love to, indeed the lack of a second crewmember in the flightdeck is one of the biggest "issues" in visual depiction in the simulation. We have very nice cockpits, good cloud textures and high resolution ground textures, for some countries even complete photoreal coverage and high end airports which are often even more detailed than those used in full flight simulators for pilot training. However all flights, regardless of how detailed we aim to plan, etc. are illegal simply due to the second crew member missing.

The reason why there is no visual pilot modelled is an easy one though: Cockpits are "easy" (sorry Stefan) to model as they are man-made and not "natural" objects. They have clearly defined shapes and clear materials.
On the other hands side it is very hard to actually include people in the flightdeck and make them look "realistic". Our eyes and brain are very good at seeing the difference between a real human and a computer model. Creating a human model which would be seen as "natural" and "real" is simply impossible within the scope of our flight simulators. Even dedicated programs used by professionals have huge difficulties to create a "believable" model. In the end it almost always is very easy to tell the difference.

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, Davetunes said:

Hi Mathjis, I have some questions regarding this project and your statement about the progress. Where can I best contact you to ask these questions?

Me and just do so here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BBoyJD10 said:

i agree with @PineappleWizard where is my discount for the A330 with the same code. Its already on my PC why should i repurchase this?

You will get that discount when the product is launched. Have we not done so for all our aircraft? Perhaps you are unaware of our policy but we do take it rather seriously that we like to keep prices as low as possible and do not charge twice for the same code if at all possible (check out how other companies handle that). If you want to see how that works, why not simply check how we did it for previous products? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12