Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

That's basically our point of view as well. You really need a 4k screen for it to start making some sense.  On the other hand, if nearly all cockpits have it, it seems silly to leave it out. It's an open discussion in our team.

BTW, for similar reasons the G1000 is so hard to handle in the sim while it is obviously so popular and beloved in RW.

Stefan is currently working on an other project. That won't delay the 330, as there is more work required on the systems. And for the systems I have written something in the last few days.

Like the current Airbus professional series it will have two independent MCDUs. The third MCDU in the pedestal will be used for configuration purpose.

5 hours ago, BrucoGianluco said:

Does it have 2 different FMC or it has got only 1 FMC doubled on 2 displays?

Thats a good question.

It will have two different MCDUs and a third for settings. As far as your specific question, software wise it has one FCU which feeds all MCDUs, but since nobody ever sees the FCU it really doesn't matter.

Best wishes!

7 hours ago, Jlunddk said:

I just watched an SAS video with their A330-300E which had an OANS (Onboard Airport Navigation System), Will that be modeled in your version?

Hi Jlund,

this feature is not planned to be included with the AS A330. 

Can we expect the A330 to be compatible with P3D V4.4 (or 4.5 if that version will exist)? I am just wondering because if you need some more months maybe P3D V5 is available - and usually it does not make sense for consumers to update the Sim right away because quite a lot of the addons may not work in a completely new Sim version (I do not mean 4.x to 4.x+1) until patches are released. So I would be kind of relieved knowing the A330 will work with the latest P3D v4 version.

The version of P3D that is current at the release of the AS A330 will be the version supported. As there is no release timeframe yet we do not know which P3D version will be current then. 

This could actually mean that the bus would work with previous (v4) versions but it will not be supported by AS. 

59 minutes ago, CaneAE said:

Hello, I'm sorry if this has been asked already (I have looked) but what has happend to those weekly Friday updates?

The answer is on the previous page.  Mathijs Kok said..........

No, not in December. Stefan is on leave.

You say there will be discounts for people the the previous busses, but what if you got the other busses in Steam but want to get the A330 on the website, will we have to pay full price or still have some discount?

If you have the Steam version we are unable to offer any update as we are not the publisher. 
And of course, because there is no 32-bit version of the A330 there will be no discount, only if you already have any of our 64 bit versions will there be a substantial discount.

On ‎16‎.‎12‎.‎2018 at 08:12, Frank Docter sagte:

The version of P3D that is current at the release of the AS A330 will be the version supported. As there is no release timeframe yet we do not know which P3D version will be current then. 

This could actually mean that the bus would work with previous (v4) versions but it will not be supported by AS. 

I never had a problem with updating to a newer v4.x version of P3D. But does this actually mean that it might only be compatible with a possible P3D v5, if this is already out at the A330 release date?? Or is there at least any kind of "guarantee" that it will be at least compatible with the newest P3D v4 version?

9 hours ago, BudSpencer said:

Or is there at least any kind of "guarantee" that it will be at least compatible with the newest P3D v4 version?

Nobody knows, as nobody knows what a version 4.5 or 5.x or whatever will introduce.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:39 AM, BudSpencer said:

I thought maybe the developers could know more, as they often get access to versions of P3D before they are made public.

Out of all the flight sim developers I've worked with, Lockheed Martin strictly prohibits the release of ANY and ALL information concerning future versions.  This is why you'll never hear any developers or testers making any statements about future versions.  Not at all surprising given they are a very large defense contractor (who by the way, worked for me on several government contracts back in the day) and that they have a commercial/military training side to P3D.  You won't find any of them even speculating about the future.

You know... PMDG is the same way, just a little south of the LM restrictions.  IMHO, it's the right thing to do, but then again I'm also a fan at how open Mathijs is and how terribly hard he works to keep present/future customers informed!  Pluses and minuses for both ways of doing this.

After a quick browse, didnt find any answers (probably didnt look hard enough)

But do we know if this will include the A330-200F? either on release or an expansion?

Really wanting a proper A332F for P3D :)

Upon release, it'll just be the A330-300RR version. However, after initial release, there'll probably be some more models added, but that's a little further down the line.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:58 PM, Frank Docter said:

A330-300 RR. That is it. Nothing more, nothing less. (For now)

On 8/10/2018 at 4:51 PM, Tom A320 said:

After this we'll most likely add more A330 models (more engine types etc).

1 hour ago, LukeThommo14 said:

What liveries will the A330 come with?

Not finally decided yet, a few are already set. For them, just read a few pages back, please. 

3 hours ago, Flying Paul said:

Is it possible to release an a340 in the future?

I'm not quiet sure about that but I think the systems are almost the same?

Please tell me if I am wrong.

No plans for that at this moment.

15 minutes ago, CaptainRex said:

Haven't found it in the thread but will we be able to make/download custom skins for the aircraft?

Of course. Why would you assume the opposite? 

vor 16 Stunden , andrlesenechal sagte:

Since it is understandably taking so long the release of the 330, in order to mitigate the frustration you guys could also plan and release together the 332 version of the aircraft, far most popular on the market than the 333. Or introduce the CFM Leap to the 320 family... we know that there are thecnical barriers to develop it, but if the relation between buyers and sellers were rational we wouldn't be spending money we don´t have for a virtual toy. Try to do it or at least announce it already meanwhile Lockheed thinks about what they want in life..   

the possibility of a 332 and the (so far) impossibility for a half way realistic CFM Leap has been discussed and answered several times.

Why announce something you don't know you will/can deliver - just to "please" people that will start to rant about "when" and "why not" it is released in a very short time?

18 hours ago, andrlesenechal said:

Since it is understandably taking so long the release of the 330, in order to mitigate the frustration  

I am sorry you are frustrated (perhaps you should avoid this topic and just be surprised when the A330 launches). But no other A320 aircraft at this moment. We still have fine plans for that one but only when we are able to get all the information we need. And that is simply not possible. How strange as it may sound for some things even pilots with thousands of hours on type are unable to assist. To create the tables we need they would have to fly for many many hours and non-standard settings and though we have many befriended airlines, I am assuming none will like that!