Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

1 hour ago, data63 said:

"Well, if you had stop at the book-store 5 miles back or search for a book-store within this city and purchase a map, you would find your answer."  See how foolish that sounds? Exactly! 

Instead of going to a book store, we have the ability to search for answers quickly and easily both in the PDF documents we worked so hard to produce and right here in the forum.  Posting a question rather than looking up the answer means that one will get any number of different responses and of different quality, but even if the answer was spot on the person often has to wait for someone to post the answer, whereas a quick forum or PDF search will provide the answer immediately.  Some might also say that they don't know enough to form a search phrase, and the response to that is that they need to read the documentation that comes with the product.

Flight sim is NOT plug and play (and it never will be, not ever), and it actually requires reading especially at the level of the aircraft we provide.  Best to get used to it now.

We've seen the same individuals post "release date" questions time after time, which is one of the reason why we simply remove them for the forums these days.  That policy is going to stay, and for those who wish to understand why then they can read the post I linked to above.  As for asking people to search for answers instead of asking a question that's been asked and answered a dozen times already, just consider it an education into how things work in flight sim.  Reading is fundamental!

Finally, we are always polite when we educate someone about searching the forums or a PDF document.  No offense is intended and it should not be taken.

1 hour ago, data63 said:

not very nice to hack on Tom....

he seems to be a very nice person, very calm and in no way offensive - he's just tryin' to lead people to FIRST SEARCH and THEN ASK which would be very good for all the people who have to read the same questions over an over and over again from newbies that don't have the time to look first and ask second (no offence to newbies!! - we all are happy that there are some...)

Tom is a wonderful person, both inside and outside of flight sim.  Tom is doing an excellent job for Aerosoft, and has been doing so for many, many years.  He is both a valuable and a valued asset of our team and we've all lost count of how many flight simmers he's helped. 

This is a good time to remind people that our moderation team is likely one of the most experienced in all of flight sim, and they have earned our respect many times over.

With that said, I'm hopeful that we can now get back to discussing the A330!

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

On 11/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

image.png

Apart from the PMDG 737 I know of no other add-on aircraft with that many liveries available. The main reason we do not include many liveries is that in increases the download size a lot and that a Canadian buyer most likely has no use for a Uzbekistan Airways livery (and  vice versa)

I am not sure where this link is. I have found a lot of places and I have not found this subcategories

1 hour ago, swaor said:

So I think we wont get that feature unfortunately :unsure:

Insofar as the question goes, the sounds for the A330 will likely be the same as the A318/A319/A320/A321.  I'm not saying the same sounds, what I mean is the type of sounds.  This is what Mathijs answered back about 1.5 years ago and I've seen nothing that makes be believe there has been a change.

Thanks for the question though!

Best wishes my friends.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, CaptainLHKLM said:

Are the wing sounds going to be external perspective sounds or can they be the interior sounds?

What are 'wingsounds'?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, ozgulkagan said:

Sounds heard, when in Wing View (Passenger view?)

For ex. PMDG aircraft has some feature, when in wing view, sound effects are somewhat like the ones heard as a passenger i a real plane.

If you ask me, I don't want a passenger simulation :funkychick_s:

Our aim with the A330 will, just like with the A320, be to simulate the aircraft from the pilots day to day life perspective.

• Upvote 2

Indeed, I am not a fan of adding this. We much rather focus on the flight deck.

• Upvote 10

On 11/15/2018 at 12:19 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, I am not a fan of adding this. We much rather focus on the flight deck.

Just recalling previous Friday updates; if the focus is on the flight deck, why were there screenshots of the extremely in-depth modelling of the inside of the cargo bays and doors? I understand you want everything detailed, but it's much better to not waste performance on small things. 

• Upvote 1

The outside model and the systems/AP are done by different devs. Meaning the work one dev is doing does not take away resources from the project as an whole. 

As the 3d outside model does not cost any performance while being in the VC your point is irrelevant. And as you might have noticed 3d models will cause almost no FPS loss when viewed from the outside. 

All in all we have a win win situation here. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, luke123452468 said:

Just recalling previous Friday updates; if the focus is on the flight deck, why were there screenshots of the extremely in-depth modelling of the inside of the cargo bays and doors? I understand you want everything detailed, but it's much better to not waste performance on small things. 

As these are not loaded when you are in the VC they shouldn't affect FPS a lot. They are done in such detail because we need to do so for a professional spin-off from this project.

• Upvote 3

On 11/24/2018 at 10:26 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey Trevor,

I'm afraid I don't understand, your asking about an external shadow model for the internal Virtual Cockpit?

Can you explain a little better please?

See the shadow of the plane from the vc, instead of the shadow of the vc model as is the case with some addons. 

At least I think that is what Trevor means.

We are currently planning all our projects. A lot has to be taken into account. The new P3D 4.4 options we fully want to use, three professional projects, one project for you guys we have not shown yet. It all correlates and has to be merged.

What I want to make clear most of all is that everything that is done for the A320 range is part of the A330 product. From the new climb profiles that are a seriously big deal (nobody matches that) to how we are working with PMDG to include their Global Flight Operations. Always keep in mind these Airbus projects are never intended to be short-term projects to us. They have always been projects that are aimed at the professional market (we are extremely happy with the new contracts to major film and game studios and are VERY sorry we can't tell you about them, but just check when you see an Airbus in a 2019 game or video) just as for the hobby and educational market.  

Check this image. There is over 100 hours of hard work in that. Aks other companies to show the same.

.Corrected CLB PERF A319-112 CFM REV 941.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Nicrative said:

Interesting graph Mathijs. At least it shows that some progress has been made.

Can you confirm that the data measured from the real world and data on your simulation all have the same environmental conditions as well? I am just curious as this is very important to know how comparable the data is to each other.

The real world data was taken from the FCOM PERF CLB tables at ISA conditions.

If you set in the sim default weather “clear sky”, you get these conditions.

Here is an extract how such a flight has to be performed:

8C94A5DB-30F2-4FB5-9B71-0F149865C4C3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, captainmirza14 said:

Will you guys be adding like the -neo models like the -800 and -900 with the engine variant? (Trent 7000)???

Sorry, there are no current plans for this. The changes necessary for that are pretty large that the work may not fit into the product pricing. But you never know what the future holds.

• Upvote 4

On 12/8/2018 at 4:57 PM, commandantyuuki said:

Hi,

I was just looking an old topic (2016 preview of A318/319/320/321/330) and I read by hazard that they have the idea of an EFB... Is the idea still on or it's now dismiss ?

tanks

It was indeed considered but when we did a poll here in the forums to check for customers interest the majority voted against an EFB.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Viperlead said:

Not really harsh for me. what else would you use it for??? again my personal opinion. Not trying to put my thoughts in everyone's mind. PMDG can say as many reasons as they see fit and its ok, but i have hundreds of hours in 744 without the EFB, and i did perfectly fine. I found very difficult to use charts in it. easier for me to use navcharts in my ipad or 2nd screen.

I'd agree with you there. I found an EFB inside the VC to be more of a distraction than actually  be useful. Besides the viewing mechanics in FSX/P3D is so restricted and cumbersome, that it takes to much time and attention to use it effectively.

But that's just my own opinion...

Sorry for off-topic.

• Upvote 1

That's basically our point of view as well. You really need a 4k screen for it to start making some sense.  On the other hand, if nearly all cockpits have it, it seems silly to leave it out. It's an open discussion in our team.

BTW, for similar reasons the G1000 is so hard to handle in the sim while it is obviously so popular and beloved in RW.

Stefan is currently working on an other project. That won't delay the 330, as there is more work required on the systems. And for the systems I have written something in the last few days.