!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

21 minutes ago, Citation X said:

I use google chrome on my laptop, not that bad as everyone says but I guess we'll find out tomorrow hopefully.

Chrome is fine, the browser in the A330 is crap on a cracker. But because it has to runs inside the sim there is not a lot that can be done.  X_plane offers better options for that. We choose to use a web standard EFB because we believe the new Microsoft Flight Simulator will use web standards for many things, so we wanted to get some experience.  

3 minutes ago, Thralni said:

Is this a political decision because PW and GE are American companies?

I am sure you understand that this is the Aerosoft A330 Preview topic and no general discussion topic. You are of course free to open your own topic in the general discussion section of this forum. 

Thank you for your understanding.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Thralni said:

Is this a political decision because PW and GE are American companies?

Uhhh? You suggest we choose the RR engine not because we had the best information on it, but because we are a European publisher and would for some reason want to hurt the US by not choosing US engine manufacturers?  Give me a moment to dry my eyes before I assure you that that is not true.

It is not true.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Aviationgeek15 said:

will there be neo expansion pack

We have no plans for that at this moment. It is almost impossible to get the data we need for that. Airbus Industries is very very security minden about those. Same with the 350 and 380. Anybody who is doing an moderately realistic add-on for those either has cracked some iPads or  is using interpreted data.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cptvhhh said:

I think he meant more so that the airlines in Asia primarily use the RR variant as opposed to the others since those are American companies.

That still does not make it a political decision to use RR Trents for our product. That decision was 100% practical.

Gents, 

Sunday 20:10 local, going for food for me, dogs, cats and horses, wine (for me and my wife)  and some stupid TV. Don't expect any more replies from us today. Tomorrow we'll have the last fights over what files to include and what not, select what banners to put where, okay the product pages text and translations, make the last installers and test those on nine machines etc etc etc. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eliott Cremers said:

I already try the preset for PFPX and PFPX don't see the A330 if someone can help me please :)

Please have a look here:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Chances are quite high that it will become available shortly after release as a community upload by one of the many talented repainters here.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/124-aerosoft-a330-professional-liveries/

That's right Tom!

I know Turkish will be done.

Even though I'm a "retired" painter now....I still paint planes I want to fly and of course share those paints with the community.

I am NOT taking requests (since I'm retired)....but will monitor the liveries channel and if I see a livery request that I would occasionally fly (and not already painted by the TONS of great repainters out there), I'll paint it and post it for everyone to fly  (who wants to of course).

I've got started on a few I know I'll fly....here are a few shots of them getting pre-painted on the maps...

Orr1Eq.jpg

S6TlRb.jpg

VvDorr.jpg

VT0eRL.jpg

Simmers....I would not worry about your favorite airline being painted...you may just have to be a little patient until all the painters get ramped up with the new model, texture maps and the fact we have PBR onboard now....that is another skill that has to be understood and accounted for on certain liveries.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, SpaceyWarrior said:

What happens if you don't update? I only have hotfix 1

And if i do have to update, do i just need to update the client.msi or everything else?

We can only guarantee support for the latest version of the Prepar3D. We cannot say for sure what happens if you use an old version of Prepar3D but you might run into some issues with old Prepar3D that we cannot provide support for.

Client should be sufficient enough for an update.

Before this livery-request-frenzy gets out of hand, I'll report Mathijs 'Final' livery list below:

Final livery list (with big thanks to Holgi!

1 SAT antenna normal door:

• DRAGON AIR B-LAB
  • EDELWEIS HB-JHQ
  • LION PK-LEF
  • VIRGIN ATLANTIC G-VKSS
  • CORSAIR F-HSKY

1 SAT antenna small door:

• AIR_CANADA C-GFAF
  • CATHAY PACIFIC B-LBJ
  • EUROWINGS OO-SFB
  • SAUDIA HZ-AQI
  • SINGAPORE AIRLINES 9V-SSB

2 SAT antennas small door:

• LUFTHANSA D-AIKO
  • SWISS HB-JHK
  • AIRBUS HOUSECOLOR

ORIGINAL POST

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Prinze Racela said:

What is the Minimum and Recommended specs for Aerosoft A330 Professional? tnx

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4.5.x (the latest version of Prepar3D is always needed)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64bit) (older 64bit versions not tested)
Processor: Intel Core™ i5 (i7 recommended) or AMD Ryzen 5 (Ryzen 7 recommended)
Memory: 16 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
Graphics card: 4 GB VRAM (DirectX 11), e.g. GeForce GTX 1050 (6 GB, GTX 1070 recommended)
Requires HDR setting to be active
Control hardware (joystick) with rudder and throttle channels
Download-Size: 1.9 GB

Laptops are not recommended, unless they are gaming laptops that can sustain their

4 hours ago, Citation X said:

So if I fly it with P3D 4.4 will it be a issue? I don't want to update to 4.5 yet because my current setup is very stable and I don't want to update and break something.

You ABSOLUTELY need the very latest release. So P3d V4.5 with Hotfix 2. 

8 hours ago, Simon Coates said:

Im not sure if it's been asked before but after this launches will there be an update for the 320 to bring the detail up to this level (sunshades stuff like that)?

Yes, but it will take a while. There will be a major update for systems end of this week though.

• Like 1

Final Vol 1 manual... There are some settings that are seriously important for this aircraft (most are to circumvent known issues with P3D) so it is really obligatory to read.

Vol1-In P3D.pdf

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JarredP said:

I have the impression that this applies to video only, not regular graphics display, ie, 3D. Don't quote me on that though.

Both. You'll miss a lot of detail given the range of full sunlight to deep shadow in a cockpit if you run a limited color gamut. It has nothing to do with 3D.

10 hours ago, JarredP said:

Yes, but the menu item displayed in the nVidia control panel is inside the video section which is dedicated to video (movies, etc). Just pointing that out as it might confuse some users.

Edited my earlier post as the setting for this is not in an unexpected location as I first wrote.

For those that are unfamiliar with this, it's not in the Video section, it's in the Display section. The selection you want is "Full" as shown in this screenshot:

Untitled.jpg

33 minutes ago, simon747 said:

If I choose not to use HDR are there any issues?

Things will not look as we intend it to be and might be way too dark.

That's the result of using full PBR for all objects. Keep in mind that there are only three aircraft add-ons available that offer that (MadDog, CRJ pro and A330). 

3 minutes ago, Vesku-K said:

One question about the operating system. Does in home use make any difference in Win 10 Home or Pro.

No, there is no difference. Both versions will work just fine.

9 minutes ago, Tariq Mohammed said:

It can be installed on Windows 7 Professional too?

It might work, but we have not tested and do not give any guarantee.

You do know that after 14 januari 2020 you will get no updates for Win7 anymore and really should use it on any system that is connected to the internet? It is well know that many hackers are waiting for that date before they start creating more havoc among users who did not update. From botnets to ransomware, you are pretty open to all of that, even if you use AV and protection software.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Citation X said:

Do I update only the client or do I have to install the content too for 4.5?

Updating your P3D client package to v4.5 hotfix 2 is sufficient.