Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

1 minute ago, marvic said:

Hello , Mr Kok, how to do it get my copy of the A330. I won it a while back. Is there a certain address to contact or will it automatically be put into my account?

After release, please send him an email to mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com

8 minutes ago, keenrw said:

It says there an issue with Navigraph charts ATM on the pre release page , does that mean that the Aerosoft ones will be fine on Monday?..if so i will try to grab an Aerosoft chart sub for a month

Same i have held off getting any add-ons over Black Friday because of the 330 lol

Mathijs posted today about this in this thread, so I'm afraid all I could do is reiterate what he's said today on the subject.

Best wishes keenrw!

4 hours ago, alfredgp said:

it would be possible to have a version of the "master fuselage" paintkit. On which we could paint the entire fuselage and then export it by sections

They plan on adding that, just at a later date iirc.

1 hour ago, Thralni said:

Sorry to drag this comment up from a while ago, but I find it a personally important topic. I love PMDG’s auto-cruise function, which accelerated or decelerates time automatically based on whether careful autopilot inputs are needed or not. This is of obvious use in the 747 and 777, but I also use it all the time in the NGXu, since many routes of 2+ hours length are operated by 737 these days. The A330 is an obvious long hauler so I was wondering if some sort of smart time compression feature could be included at some point? Obviously doesn’t seem like it will be on release day, but perhaps later?

At this moment we have it stable at X4 and it is stable on X8 on faster hardware (or lower settings, the manual explains that). I am not a fan of letting the aircraft decide on it's own when to use what time compression. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Citation X said:

Do we have the capability to change the FBW laws? are the FLT control buttons modeled? I also assume the engine fire switches work and we can do the test function too?

You are confusing the AS A330 with another product. Like the AS A320 the AS A330 is not modeled for abnormal ops. The test function does work as it is a normal ops check. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rzlpfrmpf said:

I´m sure I already read it in the topic here, but neither CFD nor Connected Flight Deck brings me to the post, would you mind quickly telling me if the Airbus will come with CFD on release or if it will be added later like on the CRJ pro?

As all parameters that change at the last moment have to be included and tested, so we think it should work but for sure needs work.

2 hours ago, davidnorfolk96 said:

Morning from the UK!. I know tomorrow is release day but is that now fully confirmed? 

Unless we find fresh showstoppers, yes.

2 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

Will the A330 release at the same with the official trailer?

I think we will have the trailer on the product page on release.

Quick question - I understand this airplane comes with 1913 AIRAC cycle but are we able to update the cycle through Navigraph once the cycle expires?

Other then that looking forward for tomorrow! 

@Mathijs Kok I was watching Matt's stream last night & for some reason the wings were flexing while on the ground at a gate. Turns out it's something to do with active sky. Isit something you can fix or isit active sky related?

We have seen that issue but are not sure what causes it, for sure it is something we are looking at. The code we use is very basic. Not sure it is related to Active Sky though, I have seen it on my own machine that does not have that.  I have also seen it in other P3D v4 aircraft add-ons.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, erikschlijper said:

Download version

Maybe I am not getting the point, but what sense does it make to ask for a pre-order on a Sunday, 24 hours prior to the release? 

Tomorrow you just get into the online shop and buy the A330 ;) 

5 minutes ago, Aaron1 said:

Will the A330 have its own flightplans folder or will it share the same A3XX Flightplans folder from the smaller buses?

The A330 uses the "A3XX Flightplans" folder. What sense would it make to name that folder that way if the A330 wouldn't use it as well? ;) 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, markuskehl said:

Hey Mates

What Hardware do you recommend to use as Sidestick and Throttle? I have a pretty old version of Saitek and I would like to update that part along with the new A330 software. Any suggestions? Is there a sim version of a real Airbus sidestick on the market?

Give me a second... I'm going to move your post to the hardware section and answer your question with a post I just wrote this morning.

7 minutes ago, Tapatt Por Por Tanaboriboon said:

u can stay another 24  with out the plane... chill... he did mention but didn't say the exact timing yet...

can you post the link of the post too please? I can't find it.

I Don't remember if I installed Hotfix 1, But I do have installed hotfix 2. Is there any problem with that?

• Upvote 1

As long as you have run at least the client installer for P3Dv4.5 HF 2 everything is fine ;) 

• Like 1

The hotfixes are cumulative. So as a matter of fact you have also hotfix 1 installed. Ergo no need to send you a copy already today ;) 

Last images before release:

a53.jpg

a44.jpg

a48.jpg

b42.jpg

a38.jpg

a3.jpg

a13.jpg

a9.jpg

a32.jpg

a60.jpg

a40.jpg

a22.jpg

a15.jpg

c7.jpg

a11.jpg

b2.jpg

a55.jpg

c20.jpg

b44.jpg

a37.jpg

a23.jpg

a25.jpg

a19.jpg

c14.jpg

a51.jpg

a7.jpg

a59.jpg

a46.jpg

4 minutes ago, Aaron1 said:

What folder do you recommend installing it in? 

As long it is not in the P3d Root folder or in Program Files it should not matter. I run all add-ons from my server (but I have gigabit ethernet).

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Haleef I said:

Cannot wait! Going to be one of the best Monday of this year! :D 

(it's gonna be one of the last mondays of the year as well)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thralni said:

I do understand the puritan view of 'we are simulating so can't use time compression', but I also don't want to sit staring at a screen for hours just to simulate a flight realistically.

If running at x4 (or if your hardware can support it, x8 although x8 is not official) then you should be able to use the free Lorby Time Machine.  Bare in mind I said "SHOULD", it's not been tested though I hope to get to it later today.

http://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

On 12/8/2019 at 9:04 AM, Thralni said:

Also, i was wondering if anybody has a list of operators of the A333, specifically with the IAE engines?

A330 does not use IAE Engines, it only has GE CF6-80E1,  PW4164/68/70, RR Trent 768-60/772-60 only. The Neo has Trent 7000

4 minutes ago, Citation X said:

Does this plane show the XX when the engines are shutdown in the sim?

Of course

28 minutes ago, Thralni said:

Can I ask why you're not a fan of that? PMDG's implementation seems incredibly useful to me. Or are you saying that I can speed up time with the A330 and it will handle all turns etc fine at that speed? Because that is predominantly where PMDG slows down time to normalcy again - to guarantee accurate turns and similar precise maneuvers

At this moment, in cruise sections, it simply does not seem needed at X4.  The manual explains more.

30 minutes ago, swap777 said:

That pic of the SQ A333 was from a photoshoot over Toulouse at around FL190-250 in that instant, probably carrying just about 3-4hrs of fuel required for the entire shoot so GW was around 170-190 tons.  G-force, probably around +1-1.5G, can't be any higher for steady and level flight ( constant altitude not the Horizon) , most civilian airliners have a 3-4G overstress limit. 

So an aircraft that pulls 1.5 G in steady level flight..... right...... due to fluctuating gravity?

You do know that 1.7 is about the highest a pax airliner will pull with passengers? In a tight pulled turn?  I know you have a major issue with the way we do wingflex (even though you have not even seen it), but I think you do not fully understand g forces.  1.5 makes it impossible for most persons to stand.  many passengers would be very very scared.  if you want to know how much 1.5 G is... just divide your weight by two,  and carry that to the loo when you have a pee. 

The ONLY way the aircraft in that image could be feeling 1.5 G is when it would be pulling up from a rather steep dive.  

You really have no idea what you are talking about sorry.  So I am sure you will hate this product so I strongly suggest you do not buy it. 

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Citation X said:

Does the EFB have a internet browser in it? I know the Flight Factor A320 for X-Plane 11 does so I was wondering if the A330 has it too.

Well yes, but it is the worst possible browser you will ever see. Works like crap. 

8 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Where will the default installer place it?

It will ask you where to put it.
We always advise something like \\addons