Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Late in the day, I am going to use every minute possible for late minute tweaks. While the developers work on the complex stuff I have just adjusted the sound of the side sunscreens. They are of some kind of thick foil and make a real racket when they are pulled open.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It was actually pretty close.  I tweaked the PFPX A330-343 template to match the figures I calculated and I've attached the Aircraft Template below.  Simply place the Aircraft Template in the following folder and you'll be all set to use it.  Now I just don't have time to test it because that will require at least 10 flights and as you know we're working very hard behind the scenes to get ready to delivery the A330 to you guys.  I'm also sure that the profile could probably stand a professional PFPX user to go over it a little, but over all I like it.

Place the template in the following folder and you'll be ready to use it to create other A330-343 profiles:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTemplates

Best wishes my friend.

Aerosoft A330-343.txt 3.04 kB · 36 downloads

FlyPrecisely's Mykyta Demidiyuk had created a set of profiles for the A330 Family ( includes most engine variants of the -200 and -300) and it does contain a PFPX Aircraft profile for A330-343, might help you in tweaking your profile as well,

Cheers,

Swapnil. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

They will get it around the same time we put it online. Of course I can't say when they will be able to put it online. Normally the simMarket crew is pretty on the ball though!

Great. I have learned the hard way to not buy anywhere else but SM and Aerosoft itself. Depends on the offer of course :).

2 hours ago, swap777 said:

FlyPrecisely's Mykyta Demidiyuk had created a set of profiles for the A330 Family ( includes most engine variants of the -200 and -300) and it does contain a PFPX Aircraft profile for A330-343, might help you in tweaking your profile as well,

Cheers,

Swapnil. 

The 320/321 profiles have worked really well for me at least so hopefully these will too.

I hope they manage to fix the Navigraph integration too.

17 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

I hope they manage to fix the Navigraph integration too.

At this moment we are waiting for Navigraph but I expect we will be able to move fast when they assist us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment we are waiting for Navigraph but I expect we will be able to move fast when they assist us.

Maybe buying that one month access to NavDataPro charts might be worth it then.

Friends,

I created a new thread to discuss Flight/Fuel Planning for the Airbus Professional (see link below).  If it's not too much to ask, let's move all discussions regarding flight/fuel planning to the new thread - especially because this thread will go away when the A330 is released.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, marcusjm said:

Maybe buying that one month access to NavDataPro charts might be worth it then.

We just had contact with them, should be fine. Probably not for Monday but very soon after.

Btw, weather links in EFB are now a lot better. As I know many simmers have the same problems as me with reading a METAR we decided to give it in readable format.

image.png

• Like 1

And here you get instruction on how to get your flight plan into the EFB. What better way to show that then in the EFB itself. Btw you never have to restart the EFB when you insert new document.

2019-12-7_16-29-38-873.png

• Like 1

Can you hide the EFB or is just always there stationary and you just turn it on and off. Does it reduce  FPS when its ON? 

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Always there, as long as you do not display charts it should have negligible effects on framerate.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As I know many simmers have the same problems as me with reading a METAR we decided to give it in readable format.

Will met reports be available just like this, or will they be available as they are published too? This is unreadable for me at least 😅

Couldn't see any sign of it in the screenshot I think

Looks very good by the way 😀

unfortunately leaving for a week just on its scheduled release, but will definitely get my hands on it once back home 😊

Well done so far

Anders

31 minutes ago, ln-asm said:

Will met reports be available just like this, or will they be available as they are published too? This is unreadable for me at least 😅

For now they will be as they are but because it is all javascript it would not be hard to add a menu item with the metar is the cryptic form. 

• Thanks 1

On 6.12.2019 at 14:42, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Only real time.

Thanks for the quick reply! Is it then possible to turn off the EFB alltogether? You said that it consumes a considerable amount of fps and since I use a tablet as EFB I really don't need the one installed in the A330...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jn_carter said:

Thanks for the quick reply! Is it then possible to turn off the EFB alltogether? You said that it consumes a considerable amount of fps and since I use a tablet as EFB I really don't need the one installed in the A330...

59 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Always there, as long as you do not display charts it should have negligible effects on framerate.

We found it only takes FPS when it is handling charts. But you can just leave it off. Funny enough we do not yet have a shut down for it, we'll have to add that.

Making models without the EFB is a non trivial things as it means making new VC models and I don't really think it would be a correct course of action as they are part of the cockpit these days. But we'll see. Certainly not soon.

More images...

a333_25.png

a333_26.png

a333_27.png

a333_21.png

a333_23.png

a333_18.png

a333_05.png

a333_24.png

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We found it only takes FPS when it is handling charts. But you can just leave it off. Funny enough we do not yet have a shut down for it, we'll have to add that.

Making models without the EFB is a non trivial things as it means making new VC models and I don't really think it would be a correct course of action as they are part of the cockpit these days. But we'll see. Certainly not soon.

As long as it can be turned off for potential performance gains I am fine with that. On the 737 I only really use it for the performance calculations. After that they are both off.

Hi,

Is the performance calculation data hard coded into a specific dll or taken from a xml or txt file within some folder? I mean, will it be customizable like the fuel planner files?

And maybe a too cheeky question, are the figures more or less accurate or are something approximate like the small buses PERF page numbers?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Joan Alonso said:

Is the performance calculation data hard coded into a specific dll or taken from a xml or txt file within some folder? I mean, will it be customizable like the fuel planner files?

And maybe a too cheeky question, are the figures more or less accurate or are something approximate like the small buses PERF page numbers?

Right now it is more of a placeholder then a good module. We had something going on and then Hans showed me what he did in the CRJ.

2019-12-7_18-28-16-111.png

Of course I then told my devs I wanted something along those lines. After they stopped kicking me they told me something like that could be done. Just not now (I will add that to the release notes post).

• Thanks 1

Two more images before I log off for the day and start feeding cats, dogs, horses and friends.

The sunshades in the A330 really look like they came from a Ford Cortina in 1977. Now you know why pilots wear those cool shades all the time.

2019-12-7_18-24-30-202.png

Much requested and now finally implemented, correct startup screens.

2019-12-7_18-20-51-679.png

Vol1 of the manuals is also as good as ready. One more read and then it is off to the spellchecker... 

Vol1-In P3D.pdf

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

More images...

[...]

Are all these screenshots of lightly loaded A330's, because I'd assume in flight, the wing would bend a few feet under all that aerodynamic loads and moments. It's not about the flex btw, more about the behaviour of the structure in flight. A330's wing shows a charachteristic bend and twist especially at the tips. 

acft-a333-3.jpg?zoom=1.25&resize=1440%2C511&ssl=1

While taken from a different angle, it highlights what I want to indicate, a twisting moment and a gentle bend in the structure. 

Cheers,

Swapnil. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cfso1518 said:

What time is it on the 9th Berlin time? I hope to buy it the first time.

Hey !

It's a great question !  Do you know what is the time for Europe ? I'm french by the way. That could be great to have the European time when the A330 will be out. :D

13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Two more images before I log off for the day and start feeding cats, dogs, horses and friends.

[...]

Amazing i can't wait !!!

1 minute ago, Eliott Cremers said:

It's a great question !  Do you know what is the time for Europe ? I'm french by the way. That could be great to have the European time when the A330 will be out. :D

Hi Eliott, Mathijs had answered that question already. Right after the original post actually...

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Late in the day, I am going to use every minute possible for late minute tweaks. While the developers work on the complex stuff I have just adjusted the sound of the side sunscreens. They are of some kind of thick foil and make a real racket when they are pulled open.

1 hour ago, Henrikk said:

(Sorry if this has been asked already), What is the max amount of passengers and cargo you can load in the sim in the 330?

We are using 'standard' Lufthansa standards for that.

• Like 1

it would be possible to have a version of the "master fuselage" paintkit. On which we could paint the entire fuselage and then export it by sections

9 minutes ago, lcuesta said:

Good night. according to the manual the minimum with a graphic card is 3 gb, with a graphic card of 2 gb will it work well?

All I can say is that we published what we consider to be the minimum requirements (and titled it as such).  By the way, that's the same requirements for P3Dv4.

Best wishes.

• Like 1