Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Almost always professional contracts includes a clause that forbids us to discuss things, but parts of our Airbus products have been licensed for professional use. From static simulators that assist novice pilots to get acquainted with procedures to the use of our models in movies, demonstrators and even advertisement. In some occasions that also includes enhancements on existing products to make them more complex. However we have very well defined ideas on our products and do not often feel the need to include those in the commercial versions of the product.

This is also true for the current bus projects. Their is however, as Frank written, no 'advanced' version. There are only partial advanced bits but we have no intention of ever selling those to the standard customers. 

Ok, so we can expect the 330 to have the same complexity as previous products? normal ops only

Basically yes. only things that pilots actually see in day to day flight. We have absolutely no interest in things that have never happened in a real aircraft.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:59 AM, Citation X said:

Ok so what you are saying is there is a advanced version of this for say training purposes not available to the public, am I correct? Why aren't they available for customers how much is a training-level license?

Just adding to this here and please take it as a general essay, not something which must be done on this particular aircraft addon:

"Training level" does by no means mean a full system simulation. With most ATOs a type rating starts by sitting in a paper mockup of the flight deck, pressing "buttons" on those flight deck posters. And you do this for hours - many many hours.

So something on a "training level" could be as easy as a simple 3D model with working buttons replacing those paper mockups.

Learning the airlines SOP and understanding why you do things the way they are done is maybe the hardest thing in a type rating (at least for me it was). If you take the 3D model to the next step and add SOPs and the aircrafts reactions to it you can already save lots of simulator sessions which cost a big load of money.

And you can give your pilots a good insight into the systems deisgn, the computer logic, etc.

That's what you can, in my opinion, do with a "training level" flight simulation software when it comes to real aviation.

Once it comes to emergencies and the like there is just no platform currently available which could cover even half the scenarios you learn during a type rating. In fact I was quite surprised how few of the scenraios I had to learn for during my Type Rating were actually covered by the addon of my plane, despite it being a highly recognized one among the community. The fact that you miss a second pilot and only sit in front of a computer screen instead of an actual moving 3D environment just makes it a completly different experience, one which, in my opinion, is unsuitable for training.

Again, this is all just my opinion on things and does not represent Aerosofts or any other official points of view.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

A question. Nvidia has brought a new light/shadow technology with their new 2xxx series (Raytracing). Will that be programmed as well or does Lockheed Martin needs to program that and then all planes inside the sim will have that feature. Bye Pascal 

10 minutes ago, DriverX said:

A question. Nvidia has brought a new light/shadow technology with their new 2xxx series (Raytracing). Will that be programmed as well or does Lockheed Martin needs to program that and then all planes inside the sim will have that feature. Bye Pascal 

That would require a major overhaul of the entire graphics engine, it is not something developers can add to products without LM adding it to the graphics engine of P3D

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

With rumors of P3d 4.4 coming around end of the year, I hope this release takes advantage of the new PBR effects the platform promises to bring.. I would like to see what the native PBR effects look like instead of using hacks like tomato shade which looks really good by the way.. 

Is this release going to be based on 4.3 sdk or 4.4 sdk? 

Depends on what is available by that time. Right now we are developing based on 4.3 as that is the latest one available. If a new version comes along at a later point and it is not like literally one day before release, then we will certainly consider to implement some of the new features if it does not mean a significant extra delay because of them.

Be aware though of the issues we had because our A318/A319 were only for 4.3. We had hundrets of support queries because people updated incorrect or did not update at all and obviously did not check the systemrequirements.

By now the dust has settled a bit, but many people might be unhappy if they are forced to update. We will have to keep this in mind for the A330.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, data63 said:

but also keep in mind, that there are many users not having the latest graphics hardware and nobody wants to update any plane or scenery to be compatible with the lastest P3D

At some point, sooner or later, users are expected to have updated to the latest version of the simulator available. We will always make sure newly released products support the latest version of the sim available. There will be no extra work done to make them support older versions than the one available by the time of release.

The Airbus projects will always be done to the latest sim, we will try as hard as we can to avoid legacy code. As you might have seen with the current version, having them compiled with the very latest compilers makes a huge difference in framerate. We have great confidence in Lockheed.

So yes, our modelers are working hard to understand where PBR could be beneficial to prepare for the moment P3D will include it. Believe me, there is a lot of good things to come.

• Upvote 3

A quick word on the timing of the A330.

Currently we are ironing out a few of the last issues the A318...A321 but we expect that to be closed next week. Then we'll work on the big service pack that is planned. That will include new features like the Connected Flight Deck. At the same time Stefan is on the modeling of the A330.  The code we build for the A318...A321 is designed to be used in the A330. It's only a matter of different configuration files (exactly how Airbus does it btw). So all that is currently done for the A318...A321 is absolutely vital for the A330 as well. 

We are not sure if modeling or coding will be first to finish, but it does not matter a lot to me. For us the Airbus projects were always projects for the long run.  It's not only P3D add-ons that we make, parts of the bus projects are used professional and Stefans modeling will be seen next year in at least 2 TV programs and one major movie. 

All in all I simply have no idea when the A330 will be ready. It's not in the next few months for sure. You can start asking when we are at Service Pack 1 level for the current busses!

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Haleef I said:

Mr.Mathijs, please consider making the bus also available for P3DV4.3 as well if considering to make it compatible for 4.4. Just my opinion. :) 

That depends totally on the new features. If it's easy we might do but if Lockheed adds a lot of things that we find cool and that are not backwards compatible we might not. 

See P3d V4.3 is so much better than 4.2.....

7 hours ago, marvic said:

I bet Aerosoft would be glad to do a NEO. Do you have complete access to a real A330 NEO and technical data?

Indeed, if somebody promises a good NEO airbus (any model) he is either overestimating his skill or has access to data that Airbus absolutely does not want to share. Using that would endanger any possible Airbus add-on for sims because Airbus would come down on us like a ton of bricks. But they got it pretty well covered. A lot of the info is locked to devices, so you would need to steal an iPad to get the info.

• Like 1

If Mathijs would have wanted to share that information he would have done that already ;)

2 hours ago, Trevor11350 said:

Anyone mind enlightening me on which tv shows and movies that the AS busses will be shown on?

I'm sorry, we are bound by NDA here and can not answer.

Time for a small friday update. Exterior texturing works on the cargo bays have been finished now. Next week integration of the aircraft into the sim is one main task and also introducing new technologies available...

A330_EXT_AFT_005.png

A330_EXT_AFT_004.png

A330_EXT_AFT_003.png

A330_EXT_AFT_002.png

A330_EXT_AFT_001.png

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, mseder said:

Hi

Just got here, before going thru tons of pages and discussions I hopefully have a simple question.
Will the 320 and later the 330 ever be released for FSX?

Mats Sederholm

Mats,

I'm sure you've probably heard this before... unless you have a specific reason (like computer hardware) preventing you from upgrading to P3Dv4, I simply cannot urge you strongly enough to make the move to P3Dv4.  You'll be EXTREMELY happy you did, and your sim will have never operated or looked as good as it will with P3Dv4.

Best wishes my friend!

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, mseder said:

So if I translate your answer in regards to the 330 version, a decision for having it released on FSX (32 bit) will be taken after the release of the P3Dv4 (64-bit)?

Yes.

6 minutes ago, mseder said:

But I can also see switching to P3Dv4 seem inevitable in the long run

That is 100% true.

21 hours ago, LukeThommo14 said:

Does anyone know the estimate price of the A330?

It will be similar to the current busses. We are not big fans of very high prices products. We rather sell more with lower margin.

• Upvote 7