!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

1 hour ago, CRJ900 said:

You are missing my point. All of those are USER crated liveries and vary in quality/accuracy. Half of the old Airbus Extenden etc. liveries are hardly compatible with the new busses anyway. Or at least only after a tedious workaround/procedure. Again, only my opinion. Majestic, or Tfdi offer in-house liveries of all, if not most operators as well. 

I am sorry you feel that way. Almost all liveries are simply installed by dragging the downloaded zip in the livery installer (assuming they are made to our standard) and we feel most of them are of pretty good quality (in fact a good number are made by the same people that made the liveries that in the installer!!). There are over 90 operators of the A320/A321 and assuming you are really interested in Berkut Air,  Cham Wings Airlines and Solomon Airways that would mean a download file of over 4 GB. The vast majority of that download would be files you would never use. 

We have no plans to change the way we do things. What we'll never do is charge for versions or liveries packs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, luke123452468 said:

Why doesn't Aerosoft do something similar to the PMDG Operations Centre, where you can pick and choose the liveries you want to download from a large variety of them? 

And what would be the difference between getting liveries through a download center or a download page??? 

You know of course that there are 1.600+ liveries for the Airbuses ready to download from the download page here in the forum, right? 

OK, Mathijs made it already clear, that there won't be any changes in the way Aerosoft is doing their own liveries and also giving the community a place where repainters can share their fantastic work and make it easily accessible to everyone. 

And this concludes the livery discussion. Follow up post will be removed. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, stephanek said:

Just checkin in after more than 2 years without news; so A330 still not ready in any version, (virtual cockpit F100 anyone ?) FSX version more and more uncertain. This is becoming ridiculous. I'm not a spoiled teen, been waiting for years, been caught in this 32bits vs 64bits drama and now think I will never see any half descent A330 for FSX. What a shame. Before coming here for news I quickly checked PMDG and saw their latest B747-8i addon available for FSX. Well thank you PMDG and I'm sure this is also making sense business wise. Alas AS took another srategic business decisions...

• Two years without news? Sir we have given news just about every week in that period. 
  • Virtual Cockpit F1000? Aerosoft has absolutely nothing to do with that project, we are not the developer, not the publisher. 
  • No A330 in 32 bit? You might have missed it but we have always said we have not yet decided.

I am  not sure what you were trying to show with your post, but it sure does not make a lot of sense to me and it seems you are mixing up a lot of things. If you have made up your mind that we suck and will not do a A330 in 32 bit that's fine for us, but what's the point in posting here? I know the Internet seems to be only a place to complain and show ignorance but please not here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, data63 said:

"Well, if you had stop at the book-store 5 miles back or search for a book-store within this city and purchase a map, you would find your answer."  See how foolish that sounds? Exactly! 

Instead of going to a book store, we have the ability to search for answers quickly and easily both in the PDF documents we worked so hard to produce and right here in the forum.  Posting a question rather than looking up the answer means that one will get any number of different responses and of different quality, but even if the answer was spot on the person often has to wait for someone to post the answer, whereas a quick forum or PDF search will provide the answer immediately.  Some might also say that they don't know enough to form a search phrase, and the response to that is that they need to read the documentation that comes with the product.

Flight sim is NOT plug and play (and it never will be, not ever), and it actually requires reading especially at the level of the aircraft we provide.  Best to get used to it now.

We've seen the same individuals post "release date" questions time after time, which is one of the reason why we simply remove them for the forums these days.  That policy is going to stay, and for those who wish to understand why then they can read the post I linked to above.  As for asking people to search for answers instead of asking a question that's been asked and answered a dozen times already, just consider it an education into how things work in flight sim.  Reading is fundamental!

Finally, we are always polite when we educate someone about searching the forums or a PDF document.  No offense is intended and it should not be taken.

1 hour ago, data63 said:

not very nice to hack on Tom....

he seems to be a very nice person, very calm and in no way offensive - he's just tryin' to lead people to FIRST SEARCH and THEN ASK which would be very good for all the people who have to read the same questions over an over and over again from newbies that don't have the time to look first and ask second (no offence to newbies!! - we all are happy that there are some...)

Tom is a wonderful person, both inside and outside of flight sim.  Tom is doing an excellent job for Aerosoft, and has been doing so for many, many years.  He is both a valuable and a valued asset of our team and we've all lost count of how many flight simmers he's helped. 

This is a good time to remind people that our moderation team is likely one of the most experienced in all of flight sim, and they have earned our respect many times over.

With that said, I'm hopeful that we can now get back to discussing the A330!

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, ozgulkagan said:

Sounds heard, when in Wing View (Passenger view?)

For ex. PMDG aircraft has some feature, when in wing view, sound effects are somewhat like the ones heard as a passenger i a real plane.

If you ask me, I don't want a passenger simulation :funkychick_s:

Our aim with the A330 will, just like with the A320, be to simulate the aircraft from the pilots day to day life perspective.

• Upvote 2

On 11/15/2018 at 12:19 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, I am not a fan of adding this. We much rather focus on the flight deck.

Just recalling previous Friday updates; if the focus is on the flight deck, why were there screenshots of the extremely in-depth modelling of the inside of the cargo bays and doors? I understand you want everything detailed, but it's much better to not waste performance on small things. 

• Upvote 1

The outside model and the systems/AP are done by different devs. Meaning the work one dev is doing does not take away resources from the project as an whole. 

As the 3d outside model does not cost any performance while being in the VC your point is irrelevant. And as you might have noticed 3d models will cause almost no FPS loss when viewed from the outside. 

All in all we have a win win situation here. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, luke123452468 said:

Just recalling previous Friday updates; if the focus is on the flight deck, why were there screenshots of the extremely in-depth modelling of the inside of the cargo bays and doors? I understand you want everything detailed, but it's much better to not waste performance on small things. 

As these are not loaded when you are in the VC they shouldn't affect FPS a lot. They are done in such detail because we need to do so for a professional spin-off from this project.

• Upvote 3

We are currently planning all our projects. A lot has to be taken into account. The new P3D 4.4 options we fully want to use, three professional projects, one project for you guys we have not shown yet. It all correlates and has to be merged.

What I want to make clear most of all is that everything that is done for the A320 range is part of the A330 product. From the new climb profiles that are a seriously big deal (nobody matches that) to how we are working with PMDG to include their Global Flight Operations. Always keep in mind these Airbus projects are never intended to be short-term projects to us. They have always been projects that are aimed at the professional market (we are extremely happy with the new contracts to major film and game studios and are VERY sorry we can't tell you about them, but just check when you see an Airbus in a 2019 game or video) just as for the hobby and educational market.  

Check this image. There is over 100 hours of hard work in that. Aks other companies to show the same.

.Corrected CLB PERF A319-112 CFM REV 941.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Nicrative said:

Interesting graph Mathijs. At least it shows that some progress has been made.

Can you confirm that the data measured from the real world and data on your simulation all have the same environmental conditions as well? I am just curious as this is very important to know how comparable the data is to each other.

The real world data was taken from the FCOM PERF CLB tables at ISA conditions.

If you set in the sim default weather “clear sky”, you get these conditions.

Here is an extract how such a flight has to be performed:

8C94A5DB-30F2-4FB5-9B71-0F149865C4C3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, captainmirza14 said:

Will you guys be adding like the -neo models like the -800 and -900 with the engine variant? (Trent 7000)???

Sorry, there are no current plans for this. The changes necessary for that are pretty large that the work may not fit into the product pricing. But you never know what the future holds.

• Upvote 4

Like the current Airbus professional series it will have two independent MCDUs. The third MCDU in the pedestal will be used for configuration purpose.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BrucoGianluco said:

Does it have 2 different FMC or it has got only 1 FMC doubled on 2 displays?

Thats a good question.

It will have two different MCDUs and a third for settings. As far as your specific question, software wise it has one FCU which feeds all MCDUs, but since nobody ever sees the FCU it really doesn't matter.

Best wishes!

7 hours ago, Jlunddk said:

I just watched an SAS video with their A330-300E which had an OANS (Onboard Airport Navigation System), Will that be modeled in your version?

Hi Jlund,

this feature is not planned to be included with the AS A330. 

• Like 1

Can we expect the A330 to be compatible with P3D V4.4 (or 4.5 if that version will exist)? I am just wondering because if you need some more months maybe P3D V5 is available - and usually it does not make sense for consumers to update the Sim right away because quite a lot of the addons may not work in a completely new Sim version (I do not mean 4.x to 4.x+1) until patches are released. So I would be kind of relieved knowing the A330 will work with the latest P3D v4 version.

The version of P3D that is current at the release of the AS A330 will be the version supported. As there is no release timeframe yet we do not know which P3D version will be current then. 

This could actually mean that the bus would work with previous (v4) versions but it will not be supported by AS. 

• Upvote 1