We got a new video from World of Aircraft: Glider Simulator and are asking for some alpha/beta testers! Check this post.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

5 hours ago, phlpeo said:

could you also share your modified version in KG.

to keep in mind you wont see 300 pax on a full service carrier. i created two profiles one for swiss and one for lufthansa reflecting actual seating.

swiss have 236 seats installed and lufthansa has three configs on their a330s. 

Maybe not many but here is a full service carrier with more than 300 pax their A330 => https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/Airbus/A330/F-HSKY-Corsair/GKPGI0Z

@Mathijs: Does the EFF METAR page use true time or the simulation time? Like, when you recreat a flight that took place several days ago, you need the METAR that was valid at that specific time...

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but that is a static image of yesterday.  What I need is a single url with an image that is updated and available at the same link.

Ohhhh, sorry

4 minutes ago, jn_carter said:

@Mathijs: Does the EFF METAR page use true time or the simulation time? Like, when you recreat a flight that took place several days ago, you need the METAR that was valid at that specific time...

Only real time.

13 minutes ago, Eliott Cremers said:

Hello, 

Are you ready to release the A330 Monday ?

We are working hard toward that goal, but it's looking good.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Love_Aviation said:

What will be the correct zoom/pov in the 330. In the FSX i used 0.18. When I switched to p3d 4.5 i cannot go below .30 for some reason using EZdok.  I feel like using .30 is too zoomed in while in the Virtual Cockpit view. What is a realistic zoom factor when sitting in the virtual Cockpit of the Airbus 330 

Thank you very much

You'll have to ascertain that for yourself, given that people use difference size monitors and resolutions.  However...

You can always use the Selection/Zoom bindings to adjust the zoom level in real time.  You can use the default keys assigned or assign them to buttons on a controller.  And then there is the Chaseplane software,  which is so simple and easy, yet extremely powerful and versatile. I won't fly without it.

Screenshot - 12_6_2019 , 8_40_43 AM.png

4 minutes ago, Love_Aviation said:

Do we need to use Texture Resolution 4096 or 2048 will be enough to have best and crisp VC Textures?

Thank you

2048 is just fine.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Love_Aviation said:

Do we need to use Texture Resolution 4096 or 2048 will be enough to have best and crisp VC Textures?

Thank you

In fact the 4k textures are loaded fine at the 2048 setting. Exactly what that setting does is not totally clear to us.

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2019 at 5:33 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

All tentative and subjects to change.

• The price will be roughly 58 Euro (plus VAT when applicable).
  • If you own any of the Airbus Professional products it will be roughly 40 Euro (plus VAT when applicable).
  • I am now working with an early December release date.
  • There will be no paid livery packs or anything like that.
  • There will be NO additional charges when (if) more models or engine types are added
  • NO DRM so you can install as many times as you want on all the machines that you own.

A note on the update price. This is slightly higher than we anticipated because it shares so much code with the A320 series. But those customers have gotten a lot of the new code already without paying anything so we feel it is justifiable.  The addition of the EFB and updated textures will be a (modest priced) paid update for the A318/A319/A320/A321)

Should you visit the show in Lelystad we'll gladly show you the product (next to the CRJ pro, and OnAir)

This may have already been asked, and apologies if so - will the discount for owners of the A320 Professional be automatically applied at checkout or is there a process we need to go through (such as claiming a discount code?) and is there an expiry date for said discount as I will be unable to afford the A330 upon its release but have every intent of purchasing it around Christmas.

Many thanks

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In fact the 4k textures are loaded fine at the 2048 setting. Exactly what that setting does is not totally clear to us.

Thank you! I will use the High Setting.

7 minutes ago, JackFlightSimmer said:

This may have already been asked, and apologies if so - will the discount for owners of the A320 Professional be automatically applied at checkout or is there a process we need to go through (such as claiming a discount code?) and is there an expiry date for said discount as I will be unable to afford the A330 upon its release but have every intent of purchasing it around Christmas.

Many thanks

Our shop should apply any discount automatically, but do check and if it's not right drop us a mail at support@aerosoft.com.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Henrique Villar said:

Will there be more than one engine variants?

Seems we have to have this question asked at least three times per day, but you're the first one today so here it goes...  ;)

At release there will only be the Trent engines. Maybe (as in "maybe") at some point in the future we'll consider adding other engine variants.

This will not stop repainters from creating liveries for aircraft which do not use the Trent engines.  In fact, they are already being worked on.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Henrique Villar said:

Will there be more than one engine variants?

Not in the first release. Maybe in the future.

• Like 2

Will there be a video tutorial how to display things like paper printouts, eye visors and other various animations in the  Virtual Cockpit? 

There will be promotional video but not one showing all animations. Would be a long video...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helmut Brandt said:

Is there a manual in German
Greeting Helmut

When we do a boxed version there will be limited German, French, Spanish manuals.

• Thanks 1

Is it me or does the cockpit look different? In the first photos a few years ago the windshield was narrower and more realistic but now I feel like it's bigger.

I know some of this has been shown but here are some more night images. A huge amount of work went into this.  For the lighting we fully depended on advise from our befriended pilots and did not bend to smartphone images etc.

A330a66.jpg

A330a65.jpg

A330a64.jpg

A330a63.jpg

A330a62.jpg

A330a61.jpg

A330a60.jpg

A330a59.jpg

A330a58.jpg

A330a57.jpg

A330a56.jpg

A330a55.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There will be promotional video but not one showing all animations. Would be a long video...

Can we you tell us when will i be? Will it be than in the manuals?

Cheers

Nikita