Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, not really as I really only need the image.... 

https://cdn.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES16/ABI/CONUS/GEOCOLOR/20193391946_GOES16-ABI-CONUS-GEOCOLOR-2500x1500.jpg

5 minutes ago, LeapWeaver said:

After reviewing the data from my previous links this is going to be as close to what you may be looking for

NOAA GOES Image Viewer

These images are updated every five minutes, and are infra red at night. They are also available in multiple resolutions. 

When Visiting the links use the GeoColor images. 

CONUSA East: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/conus.php?sat=G16

20193391936_GOES16-ABI-CONUS-GEOCOLOR-62

CONUSA West: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/conus.php?sat=G17

20193391941_GOES17-ABI-CONUS-GEOCOLOR-62

Alaska: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector.php?sat=G17&sector=ak

20193391920_GOES17-ABI-ak-GEOCOLOR-500x5

Hawaii: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector.php?sat=G17&sector=hi

20193391931_GOES17-ABI-hi-GEOCOLOR-600x6

Keep in mind I posted this first

(jk I don't care)

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

A330a1.png

Now this looks like one of those Airbus commercials! Amazing, very excited indeed. 

• Upvote 1

My friends,

When he creates the new A330 Support Forum, I will ask Mathijs to also create a performance section for sharing data, profiles, and flight / fuel planning for Simbrief, PFPX and other tools (yeah, of course I know about "http://airlinerperformance.net/" n and other tools, some you guys may know and some you may not).  Anyway, given this is a long haul aircraft it seems pretty important to have this as a sub-forum.... please let me know if you agree.

Anyway, I spent considerable time developing and testing an Simbrief A330-343 profile which I'd like to share with you. Now, we're talking apples and oranges here, but I've been very happy with it.  Since Simbrief does not yet allow for sharing of custom aircraft profiles (though I've written to my friend Derek about this and maybe we'll see this at some point in the future.  Thankfully, creating an aircraft profile is very simple if you have the numbers and a little math skills,  but since I've done the math all you guys have to do is create a new aircraft profile and use the numbers I've provided.  I'll look to revise these numbers after I have a few more intermediate and long haul flights, but for now they should be fairly accurate for flights under 6 hours.

I'll make sure this info is moved to the new A330 Support Forum when it's ready, but you guys might want to get a jump on things by creating your custom A330-343 Simbrief profile before release.

Here you go:

Simbrief Default and Aerosoft Profile Comparison.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Love_Aviation said:

Will Aeroflot Russian Airlines be available as a livery when released?

A few pages back you'll find the post with the liveries we will deliver with the aircraft (I've posted the info below for you), but repainters are already working hard on more liveries.  There is a lot of very good information in the posts between the Final Liveries post and this one... if you have some time my friend.

Best wishes!

Final livery list (with big thanks to Holgi!

1 SAT antenna normal door:

• DRAGON AIR B-LAB
  • EDELWEIS HB-JHQ
  • LION PK-LEF
  • VIRGIN ATLANTIC G-VKSS
  • CORSAIR F-HSKY

1 SAT antenna small door:

• AIR_CANADA C-GFAF
  • CATHAY PACIFIC B-LBJ
  • EUROWINGS OO-SFB
  • SAUDIA HZ-AQI
  • SINGAPORE AIRLINES 9V-SSB

2 SAT antennas small door:

• LUFTHANSA D-AIKO
  • SWISS HB-JHK
  • AIRBUS HOUSECOLOR

Again, best wishes!

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

A few pages back you'll find the post with the liveries we will deliver with the aircraft (I've posted the info below for you), but repainters are already working hard on more liveries.  There is a lot of very good information in the posts between the Final Liveries post and this one... if you have some time my friend.

[...]

Ok Great Thank you my friend!

What will be the correct zoom/pov in the 330. In the FSX i used 0.18. When I switched to p3d 4.5 i cannot go below .30 for some reason using EZdok.  I feel like using .30 is too zoomed in while in the Virtual Cockpit view. What is a realistic zoom factor when sitting in the virtual Cockpit of the Airbus 330 

Thank you very much

I might have missed this post but do correct me, will this product support time acceleration for the long haul flights? (Such as 8x or 16x)

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

My friends,

When he creates the new A330 Support Forum, I will ask Mathijs to also create a performance section for sharing data, profiles, and flight / fuel planning for Simbrief, PFPX and other tools (yeah, of course I know about "http://airlinerperformance.net/" n and other tools, some you guys may know and some you may not).  Anyway, given this is a long haul aircraft it seems pretty important to have this as a sub-forum.... please let me know if you agree.

Anyway, I spent considerable time developing and testing an Simbrief A330-343 profile which I'd like to share with you. Now, we're talking apples and oranges here, but I've been very happy with it.  Since Simbrief does not yet allow for sharing of custom aircraft profiles (though I've written to my friend Derek about this and maybe we'll see this at some point in the future.  Thankfully, creating an aircraft profile is very simple if you have the numbers and a little math skills,  but since I've done the math all you guys have to do is create a new aircraft profile and use the numbers I've provided.  I'll look to revise these numbers after I have a few more intermediate and long haul flights, but for now they should be fairly accurate for flights under 6 hours.

I'll make sure this info is moved to the new A330 Support Forum when it's ready, but you guys might want to get a jump on things by creating your custom A330-343 Simbrief profile before release.

Here you go:

Simbrief Default and Aerosoft Profile Comparison.png

could you also share your modified version in KG.

to keep in mind you wont see 300 pax on a full service carrier. i created two profiles one for swiss and one for lufthansa reflecting actual seating.

swiss have 236 seats installed and lufthansa has three configs on their a330s. 

57 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

to keep in mind you wont see 300 pax on a full service carrier. i created two profiles one for swiss and one for lufthansa reflecting actual seating.

Simply enter the weight in pounds and then change the unit to KG and simbrief will convert it automatically for you.

4 hours ago, Love_Aviation said:

What will be the correct zoom/pov in the 330. In the FSX i used 0.18. When I switched to p3d 4.5 i cannot go below .30 for some reason using EZdok.  I feel like using .30 is too zoomed in while in the Virtual Cockpit view. What is a realistic zoom factor when sitting in the virtual Cockpit of the Airbus 330 

Thank you very much

There is no such thing as one realistic zoom factor. If you want it 100% realistic, the PFD, ND, etc. screens are about 20x20cm, so adjust your zoom to match the size on your monitor.
If you don't have a home cinema set you'll probably rather just find something which suits your monitor.

The wideviewsetting in the P3D options might be of interest for you as well if you say you can't zoom out far enough for your likings.

3 hours ago, nmahink said:

I might have missed this post but do correct me, will this product support time acceleration for the long haul flights? (Such as 8x or 16x)

Neither 8 nor 16x will work unless you get sufficeint frames (we're talking some 60fps or more for these). Up to 4x should work on most computers.

• Like 2

vor 1 hour , phlpeo sagte:

The Luthansa Airbus from Aerosoft (D-AIKO) have 255 seats.

542060_LHa330.thumb.png.d6708758645b2ec93e7ee25051c1822b.png

Are we going to have a custom A330-343 profile for PFPX as well ? (Made by Aerosoft and not the one we can found on airlinerperformance or maybe this one is correct ?)

Kind regards

4 hours ago, nmahink said:

X2 for sure, X4 almost always, X8 if you have a very fast computer or lower settings. This is from the manuals about that:

image.png

12 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

When he creates the new A330 Support Forum,

We use the current forum sections for all busses... so much is the same...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charly04 said:

The Luthansa Airbus from Aerosoft (D-AIKO) have 255 seats.

542060_LHa330.thumb.png.d6708758645b2ec93e7ee25051c1822b.png

i used seatguru who said three different seat layouts. however planespotters says 255 but areosoft payload system uses 300. you wouldnt see this irl. 

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

X2 for sure, X4 almost always, X8 if you have a very fast computer or lower settings. This is from the manuals about that:

image.png

We use the current forum sections for all busses... so much is the same...

Thanks for clarification! Another question, did the "Bus accelerated time" profile come with the A320 professional series? Or this brand new to A330? I do not recall seeing one in the A320 series installation.

Is there a thread somewhere or we should expect this on release regarding systems depth implementation? I am mostly interested to know if there has been improvements from the current A320 Professional series in the systems depth/interaction area. Should we expect more realism or basically the same level? I'm for sure going to buy the A330 because I feel a lot of thought have went into it, but wanted to know if there is an answer of how it compares with the previous Aerosoft A320 series. 

8 minutes ago, nmahink said:

Thanks for clarification! Another question, did the "Bus accelerated time" profile come with the A320 professional series? Or this brand new to A330? I do not recall seeing one in the A320 series installation.

No, that a performance profile I made myself, it just sets most of the display items to minimum.

It's surprising so many people do not know of this option in the sim. I use it many many time a day.

image.png

vor 28 Minuten, phlpeo sagte:

i used seatguru who said three different seat layouts. however planespotters says 255 but areosoft payload system uses 300. you wouldnt see this irl. 

That's right, but Lufthansa have more than one A330-300. So this A330 have this config. Aerosoft maybe take a average seat layout. Cause the config file for Simbrief is for all A330 and not only for the Lufthansa Airbus.

P.S. The registration N339SB is a fake ;)

Just showing off the reflections.... so much work has gone into that and as long as you have not messed up with 3rd party shaders it will look incredible.

a333_19.png

a333_01.png

a333_04.png

a333_16.png

a333_08.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ComSimPilot said:

Is there a thread somewhere or we should expect this on release regarding systems depth implementation? I am mostly interested to know if there has been improvements from the current A320 Professional series in the systems depth/interaction area. 

Basically it is the same, but:

- The ND‘s now operate seperate from each other.

- There is a lot of behind the scenes modeling with regard to system behavior during normal ops. Hydraulic pressure distribution, Fuel temperature, cabin temperature etc. But you will hardly notice it unless you stare at some ECAM pages for a long time. 
- Features like ETP, constant Mach, Step climbs are partly implemented and are still being refined. (Will not be 100% at release)

- There are a few more PB to press which are related to A330 SOP‘s

All in all you can expect the same for the A330 that was also in the A320. There are no Abnormals and the aircraft is not a „study level“ aircraft like some other, more expensive, add ons. 

If you like the AS A320Fam you will love the AS A330. If the AS A320Fam did not float your boat the AS A330 will neither....

ps, the list above is not exclusive but just a few personal observations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Charly04 said:

That's right, but Lufthansa have more than one A330-300. So this A330 have this config. Aerosoft maybe take a average seat layout. Cause the config file for Simbrief is for all A330 and not only for the Lufthansa Airbus.

P.S. The registration N339SB is a fake ;)

you can create multiple configs for each registration in simbrief just like pfpx. and lion air went crazy far with seating.  chrome_2019-12-06_12-06-33.thumb.png.b05103aa8568020b17a0ec795f329cc0.png

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, that a performance profile I made myself, it just sets most of the display items to minimum.

It's surprising so many people do not know of this option in the sim. I use it many many time a day.

Or simply never though about it. I have a profile with eye-candy for the very few times I do VFR, and another I use most of the time for Airliners. But I never though about using a profile for accelerated flights, but I will have one now 🙂