Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

What are the axes of the descent graphs? Is the X axis gross weight in tons and the Y axis AOA?

1 hour ago, epiccuber2 said:

Dose any one know then the a330 will be released?

My friend, we're not being hard cases, it's just that we get this question over and over and over again day after day, so we posted the information at the top of each page in this forum. 

We understand, and thank you (and everyone else) for their overwhelming enthusiasm and how anxious they are to get a hold of the A330.  It's one of the most awaited products in the flight sim community!

We're telling people December because we're still working hard on the project, and we just don't know what day the release will be. Believe me, if we knew t he day/time we'd happily publish it!

The best thing to do is subscribe to our Newsletter and monitor this forum for the actual release date.  Mathijs said he will do his best to let people know the actual date 1 to 2 weeks before the day of release.

Best wishes!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Thomas Hao said:

How is the progress? More than 95%? 

94.88%. Perhaps 94.92% even!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

For a moment, I thought you jokingly made the second figure slightly smaller than the first lmao

Can't wait for it to be released, sounds like the 330 is a dream to fly!

39 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I'm curious,  will all the content be there at the time of release or will some things come out later as updates?

35 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

I'm curious,  will all the content be there at the time of release or will some things come out later as updates?

I think should be all things finish, then should be release 

• Like 1

For sure there will be a few things to finish. We'll be honest and open about that so customers can decided when they want to buy. 

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

My friend, we're not being hard cases, it's just that we get this question over and over and over again day after day, so we posted the information at the top of each page in this forum. 

To be fair Dave, unless a user actually goes to the post linked at the top of every page, they wouldn't know any more than the anticipated price.  Maybe if it started with "Release information", followed by "all tentative and subject to change", visitors would be more likely to actually go and read the whole post?

On the plus side, the pinned post at the top should stop anyone asking the price 🙂

That said, just reading one or more of the 30+ pages would give people a clue and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you to see the same question over and over again  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Golding said:

To be fair Dave, unless a user actually goes to the post linked at the top of every page, they wouldn't know any more than the anticipated price.  Maybe if it started with "Release information", followed by "all tentative and subject to change", visitors would be more likely to actually go and read the whole post?

On the plus side, the pinned post at the top should stop anyone asking the price 🙂

That said, just reading one or more of the 30+ pages would give people a clue and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you to see the same question over and over again  

Yeah, it's a good point I think.

• Like 1

First time commenting on this forum! Been following the development for a long time now and super excited about getting my hands on the A330! Been flying the 320 Pro series like crazy to get ready for this one!

My questions is do the developers internally know if Old Prop are working on an Immersion package for A330?

And if they are planning to have one for the A320 64 bit one too if the A330 is in the works?

Many Thanks guys. 

Super Excited for the 330! Keep up the great work!!!!!

I have no idea about oldprop is working on something. I do know we are adding some non standard effects to the aircraft however.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have no idea about oldprop is working on something. I do know we are adding some non standard effects to the aircraft however.

Fab! Looking forward to seeing them! Thanks Mathijs! 

37 minutes ago, Aaron1 said:

I know this was mentioned a while back but any update on if there will be some kind of 'jump ahead' or 'auto-cruise' feature similar to the QW787 or PMDG stuff?

To be honest we have not really spend serious time on it. In cruise it will do 4X so that's not bad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PMDG Global Flight Operations website seem go online...any news about Tier1 integration with AS A330 ?

1 hour ago, scn_spotter said:

Hey guys,

I´ve got a question concerning the flight sim version compatibility. Will the incoming A330 be compatible with P3dV4.4 (and below) or 4.5 only?

Cheers!

We will release for P3Dv4.5. Compatibility with older versions of P3D is not assured.

Best wishes!

11 minutes ago, Aaron1 said:

Once the new Microsoft sim has be launched and Aerosoft look to import the A330 into it, will we have to pay full price again or will Aerosoft follow the same path as PMDG with their pricing and offer 100% credit towards the MFS2020 version?

It's way too early to tell, because there is really no way to assess what work will have to be done.  That said, Aerosoft's policy of not charging customers twice for the same files will still be in effect, so you won't have to pay full price unless we have to create 100% of new files.

Best wishes!

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 2:58 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

That said, Aerosoft's policy of not charging customers twice for the same files will still be in effect, so you won't have to pay full price unless we have to create 100% of new files.

Best wishes!

And thats why i like buying from Aerosoft and will be getting the 330 with in the first week of release , brilliant

• Like 3

1 minute ago, keenrw said:

And thats why i like buying from Aerosoft and will be getting the 330 with in the first week of release , brilliant

I hear you on that my friend.  It's one of several things that attracted me to Aerosoft many, many years ago.

• Like 3

Same here. Not mentioning any other vendors but this is the policy that I will support with my hard earned money :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m beginning to appreciate that about Aerosoft as well. I’m impressed by how Aerosoft takes customer input into account especially during the development stage. I won’t mention names but currently there’s a developer who has a product for which several people are having the same issue but unfortunately they appear to have adopted “Too bad. We’re not changing it” policy which I find rather disturbing. I will curtail my purchases of their products in the future.

Back to point, I’m gaining a new respect for how Aerosoft does things. Really looking forward to the release of this aircraft and the possible price discount as an Airbus Pro customer.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SK10 said:

I have a question regarding the EFB placement, is it on the captain side only or available on both sides?

On the CRJ video I saw the EFB only on the CPT side, if I remember that correctly.

We are still looking at how framerate demanding this is. 

At Aerosoft we sell airports, tools and scenery and want to be sure it  all plays well together. What we see from developers who only do aircraft is that they tend to disregard the load these add-ons out on the sim. For them the aircraft is the focus and if you need to lower settings for the world around you that is a price you pay for using their product. I (we) do not agree with that.  I will drop features like a hot potato when it cause FPS issues. If you disregard the resources the sim needs I feel that aircraft should be allowed to use 40%, scenery 40% leaving 20% for weather etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

I wonder if there could be a zoom on the Nav display, if there isn't one already planned.  On certain flights when I check the flight plan it looks fine when I'm at the gate,  however when you get close to the airport around the Star you then see that we have an approach that has issues with it.   I guess it's because that view as you approach is zoomed in much closer than what you can see from the ramp.  I can explain it more if you don't understand it,  but it's the ability to really see that last part of the flight in detail when your back before pushback

And is there a reason who you can't simply use the sim zoom option? Shift-  left mouse button - mousewheel?

19 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

I wonder if there could be a zoom on the Nav display, if there isn't one already planned.  On certain flights when I check the flight plan it looks fine when I'm at the gate,  however when you get close to the airport around the Star you then see that we have an approach that has issues with it.   I guess it's because that view as you approach is zoomed in much closer than what you can see from the ramp.  I can explain it more if you don't understand it,  but it's the ability to really see that last part of the flight in detail when your back before pushback

And TBH and really do not understand what you mean. Can you give an example with a screenshot? But please open another topic. Do not post it here in this preview forum.

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

And TBH and really do not understand what you mean. Can you give an example with a screenshot? But please open another topic. Do not post it here in this preview forum.

I think he means clicking on the Nav Display and having a 2D panel pop out.