Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

4 minutes ago, gustavoaguiar said:

Will have only the -300 with RR engines at release?

Yes sir.  Aerosoft will consider adding other engine types in the future, but no promises.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

A330y.png

Indeed.... but it is one of the more striking ones. Specially for you a Virgin.

Please re-read that sentence out loud🤣

• Like 1

It's been a while and I'm glad you guys are on the right track with the 330. Does the EFB have internet so can I watch Rick & Morty while flying? Also can I change the FBW control laws on the overhead?

29 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I'll probably get slaughtered for asking this, but couldn't you just fly it in Delta and/or American liveries, using RR engines? I mean, does it have to be so accurate? 

I am pretty sure some repainters will paint those variants, even if they are not realistic. So, just wait for the plane to hit the market and give the repainters some time...

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I'll probably get slaughtered for asking this, but couldn't you just fly it in Delta and/or American liveries, using RR engines? I mean, does it have to be so accurate? 

Apart from the engine displays showing a different set of numbers it is save to say a flightsimmer will never be able to tell the difference. The FADEC and other computers hide the engine characteristics almost fully.  Or as one pilot tester wrote: "one engine type might spin up a bit faster, but a few thousand kg of fuel more or less have a far greater impact on performance"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Well that’s going to suck for us in the US who want to fly Delta and American. I’ll wait for the PW update if there is one. 

Did you fly American or United in the 777 when PMDG released theirs?

We know almost everyone did, despite those airlines only have -200ER's.

It's your personal choice if you want to wait, however the vast majority of flight simmers (including those die hard hardcore 12h holding near DXB guys) will in the end not care.

I personally just like the different variants visually with their unique soundsets. They could be literally the same system wise as the RR, but with lets say a GE engine  with GE sounds. I am probably in the minority though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, sk5645 said:

@Mathijs Kok I tried to send you a pm but i was denied, I won a free copy of the A330 in 2017-02-02 in a contest(Aeroweather application) in the old A330 preview topic. What should i do?

Contact me on mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com when we have released!

24 minutes ago, cptvhhh said:

I personally just like the different variants visually with their unique soundsets. They could be literally the same system wise as the RR, but with lets say a GE engine  with GE sounds. I am probably in the minority though. 

I imagine one could grab and use GE or PW soundsets. Although you'd have to sort out engine only files. I remember back in the days when using simple aircraft I would just have 3 folders and then in the cfg specify what soundset to use for each livery (just like you would specify which model). I never looked too much into sound files, but I wonder if you could (like textures) have a global set of soundfiles (switches, gear, etc..) and engine specific soundfiles. I would certainly pick up some PW and GE soundsets from TSS if that were possible. 

Guys I deleted most posts about what models etc.  We only do one engine type at this moment. Adding another engine is at least 20 months of work and we do not have that time right now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

Mathijs no problem about that. I used personal time to find and post all current airlines that use A330-300 RR and posted them. This would allow people who like to fly realistically to choose airlines to fly in the simulator which use the RR engines. It was not a request or anything else than the plane Aerosoft developed.  Could you tell me why my post was deleted? Because I find this action offensive personally. Besides, I needed that list for personal use. 

Because it was part of a line of discussion which was removed. If you want to use a list for personal purposes I am sure you also have it stored somewhere locally.
After release the previewtopic would have been deleted anyway, as it usually is the case.

I am sorry you find it offensive if your post has been deleted, however this is a commercial forum and not a public one. Aerosoft decides what stands and what not.

3 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

Sure, you decide but I do not understand and you do not explain the reason why it was irrelevant. If that is irrelevant I am sure you have also deleted all livery requests in the previous 53 pages, right?

In any case, can you please handle me the list I posted in a personal message?

No I can not and this line of discussion ends here. If you want to use something for personal purposes don't store it in a public domain. Sorry.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aaron1 said:

Mathijs, what was the outcome of animating the landing gear correctly on touchdown? I remember there being some issues a while back you mentioned

Not just some issues, massive issues. The animation of P3D simply is not able to do something like what was needed and Lockheed was unable to help.  But we found a way to make it loop pretty convincing. There are a few bits that do not fully line up during the animation but you will need to look very careful to see that. Took weeks and weeks. Total nightmare.

Some more images....

A330a48.png

A330a1.png

A330a11.png

• Like 14

I am happy to report we ship indeed with AIRAC1913 so until 2020 you got a fully up to date navdatabase. 
Coincidentally this will also update the navdatabases for the smaller busses!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Coincidentally this will also update the navdatabases for the smaller busses!

Nice xmas present, thank you! :)

2 hours ago, Holgi said:

A333_AIRBUS_HOUSE_COLOR_F-WWCB.jpg

A TRUE master at work!  Thanks Holgi!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, klisura said:

Sorry if it's a little bit OT, but is there a release date for the A320 major update (with Efb and other stuff introduced with A330)?

No, we need to stabilize the A330 first, so it will be 2020 for sure.

Some new images of the EFB...  we are still working on that. It's a bit slow going as we use technology that we are pretty sure is what the new MS Flight Simulator want and it is not ideal for P3D.

2019-12-5_15-59-3-141.png

2019-12-5_15-58-59-555.png

Sat images of cloud cover and lightning.

2019-12-5_15-51-59-651.png

Flows and checks

2019-12-5_15-56-30-958.png

With aircraft symbol.

2019-12-5_15-58-46-652.png

Flight Plan

2019-12-5_16-30-57-894.png

Briefing guidelines. Briefings are a hugely important part of flying an airline!

The links to simbrief etc should be available tomorrow but I think you know how that looks. A special menu for IVAO, VATSIM, POSCON etc is considered.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

This project has really taught me actually how long it takes to create such a masterpiece. You guys should be immensely proud of yourselves!

I'm just glad we're getting a A330 especially the -300 variant.