Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

11 hours ago, Alan_A said:

None has been announced.  But - speaking as longtime user (and not, repeat not an official Aerosoft representative), I trust Aerosoft more than I trust most other developers to give us a fair deal when MFS 2020 comes along.  Their upgrade/transition pricing has always been fair, and their stated policy that "you only pay for new code" (am quoting Mathijs here, so that *is* official) is something that I wish other developers would get behind.  My bottom line: Aerosoft is about the only developer I can think of where I'd buy a P3D product right now *without* an official MFS pricing policy.  I'm in on the A330, for whatever that's worth.

Until we have an SDK it is utterly impossible to know how much effort is needed. Also read this: 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

Hi,

I would like to hear about the A330-300 Loud Speaker is off, can I self set the Loud Speaker on MAX???

The A318,319,320 and 321 are the loud speaker on medium.

What's the sense of it? All it controls is the volume of the ATC output, etc.

51 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

Hi,

I would like to hear about the A330-300 Loud Speaker is off, can I self set the Loud Speaker on MAX???

The A318,319,320 and 321 are the loud speaker on medium.

Of course you can, why would you not?

nice.JPG

This view shows what full PBR (so in all textures and done from the start) can do. 

As far as we know the only aircraft currently capable of this are the CRJ professional and the MadDog.  All the others have partial PBR support or even have non pRB textures replaced by PRB textures, something that only uses a fraction of the possibilities.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi.

Very impressive pictures!
If possible, add color stains to cocpit windows glass. This is the result of production a glass heating for Airbus cocpit windows .

Thanks!

20190314_134855.thumb.jpg.4f8cfbaed49b0810daf24334b5a37a8a.jpg

Impossible as that would be far to visible from the inside. And for some reason many simmers believe that aircraft windows are nearly 100% transparent. Anybody who spend some time on a flight deck knows they are not nearly as transparent as standard windows like in your house. They are much thicker and have many more layers.

48 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

nice.JPG

This view shows what full PBR (so in all textures and done from the start) can do. 

As far as we know the only aircraft currently capable of this are the CRJ professional and the MadDog.  All the others have partial PBR support or even have non pRB textures replaced by PRB textures, something that only uses a fraction of the possibilities.

Are the circles around the status lights on the right by design, or the artifacts you talked about earlier?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Impossible as that would be far to visible from the inside. And for some reason many simmers believe that aircraft windows are nearly 100% transparent. Anybody who spend some time on a flight deck knows they are not nearly as transparent as standard windows like in your house. They are much thicker and have many more layers.

I meant adding stains to outside on external visual model. From inside of real cocpit they are not visible,  glass looks just a little bit tinted.

23 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Are the circles around the status lights on the right by design, or the artifacts you talked about earlier?

In this light they show the area where the fingers of the crew leave their mark, in a more frontal view and light form a different angle they are not easily visible. I just wanted to show this as so much detail that is normally not very visible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

What's the sense of it? All it controls is the volume of the ATC output, etc.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course you can, why would you not?

No of course but I just thought you couldn't because I only saw it turned off on all the pictures and videos on the YT of the A330-300. It was just a question. Thanks for your answer.

I am very much looking forward to 09. Dec.B)

Regards Jammin16

there are in a way just like car windows. tinted looking on the outside but from the inside clear.

vor 19 Minuten, phlpeo sagte:

there are in a way just like car windows. tinted looking on the outside but from the inside clear.

That probably descibes it best...

No, we took several photos showing both, the open side window and the front window on the same picture. You clearly see a huge difference.

Not just on the picture, but also sitting in the real plane and looking through it with your own eyes.

• Upvote 2

I beg to differ. Aircraft windshields are opaque and not transparent There is no such thing as a fully transparent material, only a condition (vacuum). Here is the data is the data we gathered during development.  Amount of visible light absorbed:

• Standard window glass: 20%
  • High end dual pane glass (in total): 26%
  • New car windshield: 25%
  • New Airbus front windshield: 28%

So on a brand new Airbus 28% of visible light coming through the front windshield is absorbed. Due to abrasion and the very high amount of ultraviolet radiation the windshields of aircraft degrade. As soon as they drop below a certain level they are replaced. This level depends on the airline (strangely enough) but can be as high as 35%. Meaning more than 1/3 of light is blocked. 

Fully transparent windows is one of those things that simmers have started to see as realistic, but any pilot can tell you those thick windows act as pair of sunglasses!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Slowly things come together.... one of the things we really wanted to get right was the FLRS. And we just got word from testers  that it works. Another issue set to 'SOLVED". 

• Like 1

Sometimes even accidents have a good side! Check the image on this accident report, where the FOs front windshield was completely destroyed and you can see directly out without any glass in the way. Now check the pilots intact windshield glass and note the difference between CPT and FO sky! 

https://viewfromthewing.com/airbus-a319-windshield-burst-glass-hitting-co-pilot-today/

And yes: Its tinted. A simple photoshoot of the glass from inside the plane just reveals nothing. You need the direct comparision the get the absolute difference....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SK10 said:

Fair enough, in the end its also personal perception. For me I never had the feeling there is any absorbtion other then using the sunshades or the newspaper...

Well, no.... Not to be a pain in the ass but it is not a personal perception but a customer expectation. Our windows don't even come close to the correct absorption rate because we know a lot of customers would complain.  You expect the windows to be nearly 100% transparent and thus will feel what we do is incorrect. Those that spend hundreds of hours on the flight deck will expect them to be less transparent and thus will feel what we do is incorrect. 

As I said so often, in this age of thousands of low quality youtube videos we are more than ever forced to make the add-on the customers expects. That simply is not always what is the most realistic. Again I come to sound. the  most realistic sound set would be one where you hear what the pilot hears. So with noise canceling headset. No wind noise, no engine noise.  But the fact is that is not what customers expect. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Is Ground speed mini included? ...Its one feature I'm waiting for for the Aerosoft 320 pro just wondered if it will be added to the A330

Not at release, but it is on the development road map.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BudSpencer said:

So, simmers need a little bit of "compensation" for some missing parts of human sensitivity, that even a good simulation can't simulate. Same thing with the sounds: You can't feel the engines spooling up for example, so you want to hear them, you can't feel turbulence or vibrations, so you want to hear some rattle in the cockpit, etc...

Exactly. That's what we did for 15 years.  The problem now is that people see a Youtube video of a 1974 prototype  of the A330 and insist that what we now do is wrong. More and more they are simply not willing to accept that we got a Skype group with 20 Airbus pilots who help us and who know best. 

Ahhh I am tired, need some food and a glass of wine. Ignore me.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Why not put a few more images online?

This time on 'airport' theme.

Seems someone has a crush on the AC livery... 😉 

10 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

A330y.png

Indeed.... but it is one of the more striking ones. Specially for you a Virgin.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

I wonder who that might be... :D