!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

One of the testers send me a load of fantastic images so I will share them in the next few days.

[...]

After doing the A320 for years I never stop to be amazed how large the A330 is.

Sweet dreams are made of these....

Air Canada 😍

does the nose wheel lift up when a gsx pushback truck lifts the nose.

I have no idea. Our model is 100% SDK standard (they always are) so if GSX works with SDK correct aircraft it should work.

Hello mister Kok,

I spotted a small mistake in aircraft registration on the default livery list that you are so kind of sharing with us enthusiasts.

Eurowings Airbus A330-342 (Operated by Brussels Airlines) has registration OO-SFB instead of the incorrect O-OSFB.

I have no doubts it is correctly modeled but just to make sure :)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, berty01 said:

Hello mister Kok,

I spotted a small mistake in aircraft registration on the default livery list that you are so kind of sharing with us enthusiasts.

Eurowings Airbus A330-342 (Operated by Brussels Airlines) has registration OO-SFB instead of the incorrect O-OSFB.

I have no doubts it is correctly modeled but just to make sure :)

It seems that Eurowings (for which the A330 is operated by Brussels Airlines ) may have a -342 and -343.   You info was for the -342?  We modeled the -343.  How does the reg numbers match up for the -343?

I'd look harder at this right now, but I'm on my phone and on the move!

6 hours ago, davidnorfolk96 said:

Will there be more liveries for us to download on release day?

Well, I believe "Final" means "Final", so that list is what it is for release.  Then the many extremely talented repainters will go to work!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It seems that Eurowings (for which the AQ330 is operated by Brussels Airlines ) may have a -342 and -343.   You info was for the -342?  We modeled the -343.  How does the reg numbers match up for the -343?

I'd look harder at this right now, but I'm on my phone and on the move!

all Belgium registered aircraft start with OO-. while OO-SFB is a -342 that doesnt change the registration.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, davidnorfolk96 said:

Will there be more liveries for us to download on release day?

No, the paintkit is being tested as we speak so not yet shared widely.

Just a few before I close my office for the day... These are all a bit 'arty' and might not reflect the accurate colors.

A330a76.png

A330p.png

A330a51.png

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just a few before I close my office for the day... These are all a bit 'arty' and might not reflect the accurate colors.

[,,,]

Still gorgeous, fair play to you all

16 minutes ago, Aviationgeek15 said:

How can a simple paint kit be tested?

Of course I am not sure what you mean with simple, but I have been in this business for many many years and I find paint kits very complex these days. There are many maps and you need to understand things like albedo maps, PBR shaders, metal maps m and PhongBlinn-Shading.  A paintkit for FSX is simple, for more modern sims they are very complex and you have to understand it to make a good repaint.  A lot of what is sold as solid PBR work is not really full PBR. The new PMDG 737 for example has only 4 VC textures that are PBR, all the rest is not.

Again, perhaps this is all simple for you but for sure not for me. Testing takes weeks.  Just read the manual: A330 Professionell Paintkit Manual.docx

• Like 2

vor 15 Minuten, Aviationgeek15 sagte:

How can a simple paint kit be tested?

We have also considered how to simplify things.

For example, there is a great way to show and hide windows.

And there you have to test possible ways!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holgi said:

We have also considered how to simplify things.

For example, there is a great way to show and hide windows.

And there you have to test possible ways!

Very true I'm currently looking for someone to help me with photo shop for repaint kits

vor 3 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

It seems that Eurowings (for which the AQ330 is operated by Brussels Airlines ) may have a -342 and -343.   You info was for the -342?  We modeled the -343.  How does the reg numbers match up for the -343?

The right number for the 330-343 is OO-SFK 

1 hour ago, Holgi said:

Great paint Holgi!

Love this livery!   The sand color on top is so comforting to look at....and the fact they didn't paint the whole plane that color, seeing the white on the bottom really complements the sand tone.  And who doesn't like a livery with a palm tree on it? :)

I think most Mid-East liveries are very tasteful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delta_Who said:

Just to confirm there is/isn't credit towards a potential MFS 2020 version of the aircraft?

None has been announced.  But - speaking as longtime user (and not, repeat not an official Aerosoft representative), I trust Aerosoft more than I trust most other developers to give us a fair deal when MFS 2020 comes along.  Their upgrade/transition pricing has always been fair, and their stated policy that "you only pay for new code" (am quoting Mathijs here, so that *is* official) is something that I wish other developers would get behind.  My bottom line: Aerosoft is about the only developer I can think of where I'd buy a P3D product right now *without* an official MFS pricing policy.  I'm in on the A330, for whatever that's worth.

• Like 2

I hope @HV Repaints gets hold of this kit early. I can't wait to see their new SAS livery for this. In my opinion, their new SAS livery for A320 is the best I have seen.

Finnair, SAS, BA, Lufthansa, Air France. That is all I need for my routes :).

1 hour ago, Delta_Who said:

Just to confirm there is/isn't credit towards a potential MFS 2020 version of the aircraft?

They made it clear that it is too early to say still. But their general strategy seems to be that there is some upgrade path.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kalshi95 said:

Hello,

What about the first officer's checklist function ?

Regards,

What about it?  What is your question my friend?

Regarding technical aspects of the A330 Paintkit, please use thread below. I've already moved the related posts to the new thread.

Thanks guys.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Kalshi95 said:

Hello,

What about the first officer's checklist function ?

Regards,

Should be the same as the Airbus Pro series according to Mathijs. One big selling point for me.