Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

20 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Mathjis. As a followup question to the time speed. How load/save friendly will it be? I have noticed that the pro versions of a320/21 are much more load/save friendly than

my earlier steam versions were.

Nothing worse than coming to an Approach after 7 hours and bam CTD :).

Very close to what you experience with the A320 Pro, you likely will not be able to tell the difference.\

Major differences between 64-bit and 32-bit, I doubt you need to worry about it.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 2:24 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Very close to what you experience with the A320 Pro, you likely will not be able to tell the difference.\

Major differences between 64-bit and 32-bit, I doubt you need to worry about it.

That is great to hear. I have had some issues with other Airplanes but the Airbus works great with this. I have ProATCX as well and that allows for reload from situations. Just tried it and it worked perfectly.
This is much more of a concern with long flights I think :).

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, klisura said:

The A330 will be released with the new ND planned for A320 too or it will be implemented in the future?

I believe the ND is virtually identical at this moment. Could it be you mean the PFD? If so that is work in progress.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I believe the ND is virtually identical at this moment. Could it be you mean the PFD? If so that is work in progress.

Maybe it was PFD, but I remember that ND too was under developing for 2d pop up. I hope it can be implemented soon

On 10/21/2019 at 11:48 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

And believe me, that's high end.... Some of our very reputable testers (actually real pilots) called it the probably 'the best aircraft release in 2019 so far'.

are you talking about CRJ on this post?

1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

And here comes the next default livery for the package...

Great addition! Will the official paintkit be released before the actual aircraft?

17 hours ago, keenrw said:

Will the Aerosoft A330 support the differant kinds of Holding Pattern enteries?  eg  parallel entry .. offset entry  etc 

Yes sir.

17 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

How many livery will in the in the installer?

We won't know until the RC installer is created, as more liveries are added. Remember though, repainters always add a great many liveries in the first 2 weeks after release.

• Like 4

Is it possible to see a preview of what the paint kit looks like?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

And here comes the next default livery for the package...

[...] 

That's a sharp looking aircraft, thanks for keeping us posted, Stefan!

7 minutes ago, maesi0783 said:

Does the A330 also includes  an swiss intl. or Edelweiss Livery? 

19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We won't know until the RC installer is created, as more liveries are added. Remember though, repainters always add a great many liveries in the first 2 weeks after release.

23 hours ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Does the A330 also includes  an Aeroflot Livery? 

39 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

I hope we have a Hawaii air model even though it would be fictional.   I never was able to load the A321 on the aerosoft site using the livery manager.  

2 hours ago, maesi0783 said:

Does the A330 also includes  an swiss intl. or Edelweiss Livery? 

Hey guys,

If you don't mind, please post any A330 Livery requests in the following thread, which will help us keep the preview thread cleaned up a bit.

Many thanks!

5 minutes ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Can I use the A330 for 4.4 too?

No, at least 4.5 needed

16 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Question to someone like Dave here since he has tried both. Would it feel off to use something like the Honeycomb Yoke with this? Considering the real one uses  joystick. I have thought about

buying this yoke but worried that it would feel wrong to fly airbus with it.

Although I have a sidestick, I almost always use the Yoke.  You see, I was raised on MD and Boeings, so it doesn't feel off to me at all.

EDIT:

I have a LOT of Flight Sim Hardware and Controllers, including many different types of side sticks, Yokes, Rudder Pedals, etc.  The Honeycomb Yoke is the highest quality of all the controllers I've used, except that I'd say the quality matches the Thrustmaster HOTAS  (the expensive one).

Get the Honeycomb Yoke, you'll love it!  It has a very sturdy feel to it, which is really nice for flying any airliner.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 9:53 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Although I have a sidestick, I almost always use the Yoke.  You see, I was raised on MD and Boeings, so it doesn't feel off to me at all.

I only have the TM Hotas X atm but for some Airplanes like the CRJ and perhaps this. I think I get more precision in the landings with a real yoke. I did look at those pro Airbus sticks but they are a bit too steep for me. Honeycomb

seems like the perfect compromise for most planes. Thanks Dave for this. I will get the next batch then :).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

EDIT:

I have a LOT of Flight Sim Hardware and Controllers, including many different types of side sticks, Yokes, Rudder Pedals, etc.  The Honeycomb Yoke is the highest quality of all the controllers I've used, except that I'd say the quality matches the Thrustmaster HOTAS  (the expensive one).

Get the Honeycomb Yoke, you'll love it!  It has a very sturdy feel to it, which is really nice for flying any airliner.

Interesting Dave,   I've thought about that myself.  I have issues making fine corrections with the joystick.  The other issue is with a twist joystick you can without thinking about it effect the rudder also.   You think the Yoke is any better in the fine corrections aspect?

Just now, Detail50 said:

You think the Yoke is any better in the fine corrections aspect?

The accuracy of the Honeycomb Yoke is VERY impressive.  If memory serves, it reads 32 bits of data verse the 16 bits that most controllers use, and of course that is very telling when it comes to fine corrections (I love it for that).  I have more info on the incredible level of accuracy of the Honeycomb  Yoke, but I'd have to dig it all back out - but  if intersted it's in my report here in the General forum.  What I will say is that I have constantly monitored the Return to Zero function of the Yoke since June, and I've never, EVER seen ANY flight sim controller with this level of accuracy for the Return to Zero, which is one (if not THE) best test of a controller as it tells you many different and important things about the design, manufacturing and performance.

• Like 1

Uff, how long will be these two months...

Amazing pics.

Regards.

Miquel.