Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

2 hours ago, Simon3852 said:

Will it include a browser in the future?

No. You will be able to add urls, but making it a full blown browser had issues. 

2 hours ago, Henrikk2005 said:

I do not know if this has been asked, but doesn't the 1912 database expire before the 9th? 

If so I'll add 13.

1 hour ago, davidnorfolk96 said:

it seems you're making good progress, what otherthings is there left to do in terms of getting out before release?

A whole load of things. Because Jouka is sick we are behind with testing. I do not like that but have limited options to change it.

I am making some more documents that can could be useful for simmers. For example sample Takeoff and Approach briefings (something I hardly ever see a simmer do even though they are ALWAYS done in real aviation). Also Celsius to Fahrenheit charts that is often included on documents where there is some space left.

image.png

If any body has any other suggestions....

Another shot of a complex PDF file with bookmarks. The flight plans will be part of the EFF section of course, but it will look the same.

Oh and btw, the print button works, prints not to the small printer on the flight deck but your HP Deskjet (I am showing my age now).

image.png

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Hi,

will the autoland be fixed upon release? From the streams i watched, its kinda off on the localizer. 

Seriously, it is not broken. Forget what you see on streams unless it is one of us streaming it.

Best wishes my friend.

9 minutes ago, james_12345 said:

Sorry if it's already been asked (haven't been keeping up) but will the paint kit be released before the release? Really want to go long haul with Ein when it releases 

Mathijs has said that it doesn't look likely, and that's because it's really not ready for prime time yet (still being worked on).  So I would look for this at release.

Looks great Holgi. Maybe you can have a look at the TAP model someday?

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, flyeer330 said:

I just wanna ask since the first Airbus product Aerosoft never painted a Turkish Airlines livery for the main livery list. Why we never get Turkish Airlines in the livery list ?

The reason I ask is that Turkish Airlines is one of the most A330 owners in the world. Yes I know they are very talented painters and from the request topic we can ask for Turkish Airlines livery.

But my question is not how to get Turkish Airlines livery, why you not add Turkish Airlines to your livery list that we get when we install the airplane.

I can understand the disappointment. I won't speak for Aerosoft, but they obviously can't provide every single A330 livery with the base back. Many aircraft developers don't ship with any airline paints. For me it's more important that time is being invested on the aircraft itself. I personally don't want to wait for a finished product, because specific liveries are not included. Usually popular airline paints don't take too long after release to be available and Turkish Airlines not only being a major A330 operator, but also a major airline on a global scale I am confident it will grace the P3D skies not long after A330 release 😉

50 minutes ago, Ken Lau said:

I don’t know if this has been asked before- Will there be option to change ‘No Electronic Device’ to ‘No Smoking Sign’? Also, will auto step climb be included?

No option to change that to No Smoking. All the more modern A330s use the newer sign and we feel it would be overkill to do specific textures for that.

Step climbs (amazingly complex) are worked on but I am not 100% sure they will be stable enough for the release. We'll see.

23 minutes ago, flyeer330 said:

Why we never get Turkish Airlines in the livery list ?

Basically because we do not have that many Turkish customers. But I am pretty sure some repainter will make them. For the smaller Busses they are their as well: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/search/&q=Turkish&type=downloads_file

5 minutes ago, pellelil said:

Mathijs is it "links" that are stored by the EFB, or does it move/store the actual documents?

Links, so if the place and the name is correct it will load the 'new' document. This is done to make what you want possible but it also allows you to actually change the documents while the sim is running.

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No option to change that to No Smoking. All the more modern A330s use the newer sign and we feel it would be overkill to do specific textures for that.

Step climbs (amazingly complex) are worked on but I am not 100% sure they will be stable enough for the release. We'll see.

Noted👍🏻 Thank you! :)

28 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Links, so if the place and the name is correct it will load the 'new' document. This is done to make what you want possible but it also allows you to actually change the documents while the sim is running.

Nice 🙂 The EFB looks amazing ... like the rest of the aircraft

On 11/28/2019 at 11:26 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I am making some more documents that can could be useful for simmers. For example sample Takeoff and Approach briefings (something I hardly ever see a simmer do even though they are ALWAYS done in real aviation). Also Celsius to Fahrenheit charts that is often included on documents where there is some space left.

If any body has any other suggestions....

Another shot of a complex PDF file with bookmarks. The flight plans will be part of the EFF section of course, but it will look the same.

Oh and btw, the print button works, prints not to the small printer on the flight deck but your HP Deskjet (I am showing my age now).

Mathijs - anyway we could export our flight plan documents directly from PFPX to the EFB?

Mod Edit: Picture deleted from quote to save page space.

• Upvote 1

Wow. What I see, I think we need PBR for A320 bundle, too.. That would be really nice, keep up the good work Aerosoft team. 

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Mathijs - anyway we could export our flight plan documents directly from PFPX to the EFB?

If you export it always to the same location with the same name, sure!

• Thanks 1

We need your suggestions for weblinks in the EFB: 

15 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We need your suggestions for weblinks in the EFB: 

Skyvector for sure!

27 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Skyvector for sure!

So do what I ask....  Ever since you left our support team your reading skills have gone down, lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eliott Cremers said:

Hello,

Thanks for the picture but where is the CFM picture from the A330 ?  Like Air France, KLM, Delta ?

Thank you 

We only modeled the A330-343, which has the Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines.  The GE and PW engines are not modeled, though we MAY do so at some point in the future.  This will not stop repainters for making fictional liveries.

You're welcome.

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We only modeled the A330-343, which has the Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines.  The GE and PW engines are not modeled, though we MAY do so at some point in the future.  This will not stop repainters for making fictional liveries.

You're welcome.

Ok thanks :D  I hope that one day a CFM version will be released! 

How is the progress?  It’s very close to the December 9th, Do we have the official trailer soon?

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 2:18 AM, Holgi said:

Today a little Friday update from me. I hope you like the painting.

Very, very sexy model!!!

It seems to me I even feel a smel of plane when I look at it. And sound...The engines sing like Frank Senatra!
But I have a litle bit sad when I look at cabin windows. Especially at night...

Mey be same time in future we cen see same windows:)))

Mod Edit: Pictures deleted from quote to save page space

Just a little bit to hold you guys over... a few operational shots of the Aerosoft A330-343 during a the VATSIM Geneva Event yesterday.... at times we had like 14 aircraft in the hold being worked by two controllers.  I love busy events!

The entire flight was streamed live to the Aerosoft Discord Server.  In fact, I streamed 7 flights in the past 4 days.

Headed down range!

A330 1.png

A330 2.png

In a hold over VADAR Intersection along with 12+ aircraft.

A330 In a Hold.png

Screenshot - 11_29_2019 , 2_58_18 PM.png

Best wishes!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Nice shots. The last one one reminds me one time I went to london and the skies over Heathrow were just like that. Amazing traffic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Why is it theres no brake fan on the flight deck?

330’s brake fan is an optional equipment, I think for most of the A330 doesn’t have the brake fan 

26 minutes ago, Thomas Hao said:

330’s brake fan is an optional equipment, I think for most of the A330 doesn’t have the brake fan 

A lot of the A332s have brake fans, the 333s don’t 

Guys,

I've had an important family matter come up, and I'm not able to stream or make the flight on our Discord channel today. 

My sincere apologies.

• Like 2