If you want a Honeycomb Alpha for Christma you better order fast because we are quickly running out of stock!

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

29 minutes ago, matthewpow said:

Hmmmm.....

Hey, you know you can change the colors of the VATSPY Map (and add filters, etc.)?  Take a look brother!

Screenshot - 11_11_2019 , 9_22_07 PM.png

35 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey, you know you can change the colors of the VATSPY Map (and add filters, etc.)?  Take a look brother!

I actually did not know that!! I'll have to look into it. 

13 hours ago, JarredP said:

That might be the case, but it's in real low resolution and doesn't graphically mimic an actual radar in the same way, so that's why i asked. I'd like your models to look the best possible, that's the reason i bring these questions up (same with the ND font in the other thread).

*** Edited the text as it wasn't fair and accurate.

Aerosoft looks like this

An actual one is way more detailed

You are right in that our radar doesn't look as fancy as the foto you have shown.
This however is for a simple reason: Weather in your sim simply isn't as fancy.
We read directly from the sim and show you 100% exactly what is in the sim. The problem with that is, the weather in the simulator, even when using Active Sky or other weather addons, is plain unrealistic. Therefore you won't see a realistic weather front on the radar. There is none in your sim.

During development of the radar we thought quite a bit about faking the indication and what you see how already is tweaked to look more realistic, however we still want to show you what is actually in your sim.  When you enter a precipitation zone on our radar you'll see it'll start to rain.

Tools like Active Sky still go back to the time when no radars were available. They are build for impressive optics, not for realistic frontal systems. And this became ever so obvious when we developed our radar.
But until they improve the weather injection into the sim to mimic real systems you will not see real systems on our radar either.

Looking at Microsofts latest previews I am hoping the new MS sim will change this. They seem to have gone to great depths to mimic the current real weather and precipitation. This will hopefully open up some whole new levels!

• Like 5

Good day,

can you pre-order the A330 and will it be the Box version right after release?

best regards 

40 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The boxed version will be available later.

Do we have pre order?

20 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

That depends to 100% to the weather tool you are using.

Sorry Tom, I was asking the poster who was complaining about the lack of accuracy compared to a real Airbus weather radar - if he has a weather tool that's injecting the same accuracy as the real thing, then fair enough - but I don't believe he will have that technology attached to his PC, hence why I asked him...

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yepper, we have to test online as well as offline.  You might SEE a lot more (hint, hint) in the next couple of days and weeks.

Dave -- you are responsible for the Unidentified Flying Object over southern Indiana yesterday?   It said "Aerosoft" next to it, and "A330".

Your response should be, "I can neither confirm nor deny..."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trevor Hannant said:

How is CFD looking for inclusion at the outset?   Or will this require a little extra time and come via a Service Pack?

It's included right now in the Beta.  But please bare in mind that our Server Based Connected Flight Deck is still in Open Beta.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Testing with my favourite livery ;)

[...]

I can't find the "Eurowings" logo anywhere!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Thomas Hao said:

Is this Prepar3DV4.5?

Yep. With Active Sky as weather engine. REX Sky Force for the clouds and REX Environment Force. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Testing with my favourite livery ;)

[...]

That feeling of surfing the cloud when you are climbing out of the airport.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, klisura said:

The PM has his own ND display, finally! Or am I wrong?

Yes, he has has his own ND now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

Two more from today:

[...]

Looks great! Are the spotlights dimmable as before like in RealLight? Is this the new one instead of RealLight? Can we get any night photos with them on please? :D

They are dimmable and this is done with the P3D code itself now. No more Reallight. I will post some screenshots later today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

They are dimmable and this is done with the P3D code itself now. No more Reallight. I will post some screenshots later today. 

Reallight and PBR simply will not work together in P3D V4.5. The developers did everything they could to assist but without the help from Lockheed this will not be solved. What we have now has some serious drawbacks (there are artifacts) but looks overall pretty good.

I did the P3D V4.4 > 4.5 upgrade,  but only the Sim, not the scenery and content (still new to flight sim and don't want to make to many changes at one point).   Question is just the upgrade is sufficient to play the new A330?  TY..............................

We will always ONLY release for the very last version of the sim available but the client only should be okay.

11 minutes ago, Adamthepilotkid said:

In the time this plane has been in development.   I have gotten my license.   Held 2 jobs.   Applied to college.  Got accepted to college.    It has been an entire year.   Release the plane already

Wrong, absolutely wrong, completely wrong, so wrong it's HUGELY wrong.

If you'll take a little time and go back through the posts in this thread, you'll see how wrong you are.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Adamthepilotkid said:

In the time this plane has been in development.   I have gotten my license.   Held 2 jobs.   Applied to college.  Got accepted to college.    It has been an entire year.   Release the plane already

For a kid that is not bad! The product has been in development way longer than a year if you understand that all our busses are one looooong project and the A330 is just one of the releases . If you can do it in a year your next job might be with me as project manager! As you seen eager for the release might I suggest reading the very first post?

If you just want to vent, feel free to do so, we'll remove what we see as inappropriate. If you have any valid questions or comment we welcome them!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As far as I know the landing gear is still being worked on. But I am the wrong person to ask as I do all of my landings from within the VC and do not test that part of the code.