If you want a Honeycomb Alpha for Christma you better order fast because we are quickly running out of stock!

Jump to content
Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, europe.au said:

A "master" template, in my opinion, is what the paint kits from QualityWings, FSLabs, PMDG, etc. have, where it's a .PSD file that has the whole fuselage that you create the livery on. When you finish creating the livery, you cut out the appropriate textures (a separate layer and ruler guides distinguish the different sheets) and paste them onto the aircraft texture sheets.

 

The attached photo is of the PMDG 737-600NGX paint kit's master template. Photoshop's ruler guides are used to help users perfectly cut the master template into the proper size for the texture sheets.

 

Agreed! I reckon that would be a great way of presenting the paint kit. It would make it a lot easier for painters imo 😁

 

Cheers, Don

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, europe.au said:

A "master" template, in my opinion, is what the paint kits from QualityWings, FSLabs, PMDG, etc. have, where it's a .PSD file that has the whole fuselage that you create the livery on. When you finish creating the livery, you cut out the appropriate textures (a separate layer and ruler guides distinguish the different sheets) and paste them onto the aircraft texture sheets.

 

The attached photo is of the PMDG 737-600NGX paint kit's master template. Photoshop's ruler guides are used to help users perfectly cut the master template into the proper size for the texture sheets.

 

 

Having tried to do a repaint for the fictional VA I'm part of for the CRJ and having to try work out where the "cut" is, the above would make things sooooo much easier!

Share this post


Link to post

Adding to your question, @Detail50, about being able to zoom in on the approach route already before starting your flight: In the Airbusses, there is a mode for the NAV display called "PLAN", which can be selected via a switch above the ND. If you choose that and flip through the waypoints for your route in your MCDU, you can have a detailed look into your route and whether everything appears normal (and flyable) there. This is something you should always check after entering your route in the MCDU. By the way, that mode exists also in Boeing aircraft, but is called "PLN" there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Check the top post.

Not sure, will find out. What would you consider a 'master'?

 

I'd consider the left and right fuselage and the belly. Pretty much that's it. But it really isn't a problem if that's too much for Stefan :D Like we painted the 320, it can be managed with the 330 as well. Also will the paintkit be released before the aircraft? 

Share this post


Link to post

Of course we want to make the work for repainters as easy as possible. As you know now I worked at the same time at two larger airliner projects (CRJ and A330) which are normally staffed each with 2 to 3 persons doing the models/textures/animations.Thats why my schedule is very compressed at the moment and we still have to solve some important tasks the next days. When those stuff is successfully processed I will prepare the paintkits for both birds trying also to unify the fuselage sections into one large texture for your painting convenience.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Of course we want to make the work for repainters as easy as possible. As you know now I worked at the same time at two larger airliner projects (CRJ and A330) which are normally staffed each with 2 to 3 persons doing the models/textures/animations.Thats why my schedule is very compressed at the moment and we still have to solve some important tasks the next days. When those stuff is successfully processed I will prepare the paintkits for both birds trying also to unify the fuselage sections into one large texture for your painting convenience.

 

Wow, thank you for the positive answer. That's truly great to hear from you. Wishing you the best! 

Share this post


Link to post
vor 23 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

 

We are still looking at how framerate demanding this is. 

 

At Aerosoft we sell airports, tools and scenery and want to be sure it  all plays well together. What we see from developers who only do aircraft is that they tend to disregard the load these add-ons out on the sim. For them the aircraft is the focus and if you need to lower settings for the world around you that is a price you pay for using their product. I (we) do not agree with that.  I will drop features like a hot potato when it cause FPS issues. If you disregard the resources the sim needs I feel that aircraft should be allowed to use 40%, scenery 40% leaving 20% for weather etc.

 

I got you, would be nice to have at least a dummy on the FO side, as it would look strange to have it only on one side of the cockpit...;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Haleef I said:

 

I'd consider the left and right fuselage and the belly. Pretty much that's it. But it really isn't a problem if that's too much for Stefan :D Like we painted the 320, it can be managed with the 330 as well. Also will the paintkit be released before the aircraft? 

Oh yes! Most important part I'd say would be the blue belly *cough* belly 😉🤣

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Of course we want to make the work for repainters as easy as possible. As you know now I worked at the same time at two larger airliner projects (CRJ and A330) which are normally staffed each with 2 to 3 persons doing the models/textures/animations.Thats why my schedule is very compressed at the moment and we still have to solve some important tasks the next days. When those stuff is successfully processed I will prepare the paintkits for both birds trying also to unify the fuselage sections into one large texture for your painting convenience.

 

Thanks Stefan, I know we all appreciate the hard work you put in with the liveries.  Even if the entire fuselage can't be put together, having the 'master' style as above to aid in the "cutting" of textures would be a massive help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

So, just because i'm always keen about something releasing out of a sudden:

Was the "Kick a** project" the new CRJ??

 

Yes, and you have to admit that it came out of the blue ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

 

Yes, and you have to admit that it came out of the blue ;)

 

 

And the fact that Hans was creating the CRJ Professional Line at the same time he was supporting the A330 / A320 Professional!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post

For anyone wanting to kill some more time before release :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, B777ER said:

Without going through all the threads and posts, just wondering about the throttle logic with end-user hardware. Has there been any change with it? I know I cannot use the A320 from Aerosoft because you cannot send your controls through fsuipc for calibration and axis control with it. Wondering if the A330 is still the same? If so will not be able to use it as I have thousands of dollars of hardware I fly with that is all sent through fsuipc. Thank you

 

It is the same, but I know lots of people who use FSUIPC for the thrust levers.  Aerosoft does not support it (so we don't help people do it), but it does work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Of course we want to make the work for repainters as easy as possible. As you know now I worked at the same time at two larger airliner projects (CRJ and A330) which are normally staffed each with 2 to 3 persons doing the model/textures/animations.Thats why my schedule is very compressed at the moment and we still have to solve some important tasks the next days. When those stuff is successfully processed I will prepare the paintkits for both birds trying also to unify the fuselage sections into one large texture for your painting convenience.


Stefan,

 

A full fuselage would be a HUGE help when repainting. Looking forward to it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

So, just because i'm always keen about something releasing out of a sudden:

Was the "Kick a** project" the new CRJ??

 

Yep, it is very very high end.

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

It is the same, but I know lots of people who use FSUIPC for the thrust levers.  Aerosoft does not support it (so we don't help people do it), but it does work.

 

 

We even have a special manual for it.

Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup.pdf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, kian3454 said:

Hi the answer is probably in here already but I don’t have the time to look through all the comments but is there now an estimated release date 

 

There is a post by Mathijs above every page in this thread. Its to be released in the first week of December.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't see this discussed anywhere, is the weather radar getting any attention for this model and then, possibly, an update towards the A320 family?

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/5/2019 at 4:23 AM, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

Are we goeing to see a cold and dark to takeoff ?

Not likely...

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, JarredP said:

I didn't see this discussed anywhere, is the weather radar getting any attention for this model and then, possibly, an update towards the A320 family?

 

What attention do you mean? At this moment our weather radar is the only one that accurately shows the weather that is in the sim, understands how one rain front can shield another and allows you navigate using ground returns. 

Share this post


Link to post

That might be the case, but it's in real low resolution and doesn't graphically mimic an actual radar in the same way, so that's why i asked. I'd like your models to look the best possible, that's the reason i bring these questions up (same with the ND font in the other thread).

 

*** Edited the text as it wasn't fair and accurate.

 

Aerosoft looks like this

Image result for aerosoft weather radar

An actual one is way more detailed

Related image

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Trevor Hannant said:

How accurate is the weather injection - down to the nearest metre or larger scale?

 

That depends to 100% to the weather tool you are using.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, matthewpow said:

Hmmmm.....

 

 

 

Yepper, we have to test online as well as offline.  You might SEE a lot more (hint, hint) in the next couple of days and weeks.

 

Just now, BrianThePilot said:

 

His official callsign... Mathijs "The Man" Kok!!!

 

Love to see the Boss at work!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...