Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

3 hours ago, francis16 said:

i just saw some streamers complain on the fuel burn. Will that be fixed? 

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Guys, work in progress, okay?

As somebody who has done a few thousand flights in the front office of A330's I must comment on the rather ridiculous comments made here regarding sounds.

First of all, every single pilot wears a headset on take-off and landing and these days they are all very high end noise canceling ones. Assuming you did not forget to charge them (ahum, how often did that happen to me, lol) you simply hear no engine and no wind noise. Even if you forgot to charge them the fact they close of your ears makes the external sounds very very low in volume. Besides, you can't sit further from the engines in an A330 as on the flight deck. It has a solid door, additional sounds dampening etc etc. You do not hear the main gear (you do FEEL it though), you do not hear flaps etc etc. When we get into the cabin the first thing you notice is the remarkable difference in sound volume and the type of sounds you hear.

Now I fully understand the problem Mathew is faced with, the only REALISTIC sound set is one that is extremely quiet, yet customers want the experience they feel is correct,  so with the famous growl etc. But linking YT video's made on smartphone with microphones the size of a grain of rice, from an early generation A320 and telling Aerosoft that is how a late model A330 sounds, is moronic. EVERY video where you do not know what exact aircraft is heard makes no sense as airlines can buy different  packages of sound dampening and early models simply sound a lot different from late models.

So please spare us your wisdom unless you have accurate information to share. Unless you spend thousands of hours on a flight deck you probably do not know what you are talking about.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, CXY said:

From what I see from the streams, is it true that the controls are sluggish and hard to fly? And also, will cones / chocks  and ground power unit be added? (Visuals)

Yeah ground objects actually are inserted today. 

We have asked the real A330 pilots on our team to test manual flying last week and though we probably do some very small tweaks they were generally pretty happy.  Keep in mind this is a large long distance aircraft. It can be very heavy and that shows in the ways it flies. Assuming you stay ahead of the aircraft  it should be very easy to manually fly. The streamers all (so far) showed the very first flights they done with the aircraft, so without any tweaking to settings etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yeah ground objects actually are inserted today. 

We have asked the real A330 pilots on our team to test manual flying last week and though we probably do some very small tweaks they were generally pretty happy.  Keep in mind this is a large long distance aircraft. It can be very heavy and that shows in the ways it flies. Assuming you stay ahead of the aircraft  it should be very easy to manually fly. The streamers all (so far) showed the very first flights they done with the aircraft, so without any tweaking to settings etc.

Ahh I see, and just wondering, does it have any problems keeping in a straight line? From some of the streams the aircraft seems to be banking slightly left and right constantly when trying to keep in a straight line.

No, I do not know of an issue like that. the FBW system basically makes it impossible.

Guys really, some people seem to be pendantic about finding issues and claiming xyz is wrong because of some streams of a betacopy you saw.

Gents, with all due respect, you haven't had the aircraft on your copy, the streamers all make mistakes with the SOP's and they, as well as you, are hobbyists.

There are a lot of pilots with thousands of hours on our team helping us to get things right. We trust those people to tell us if they don't like something.

If I read reports like "there are problems flying a straight line" I can only shake my head. All you have seem is a stream. You haven't even seen the aircraft for yourself on your own sim.

Instead of wasting developers time with stuff like this, which could very well be caused by miscalibrated controls or by issues with the stream, etc. I suggest you all to just sit back, relax and wait for release.

I'm not saying there are no issues, but the quality of "bugreports" here is so low, you're basically wasting the developers time which could very well be used to improve actual issues which we know about and which we have to fix. Hopefully before release and not in service packs.

Followup comments like "I saw issue xyz in stream abc" will from now on be deleted. Repetition might lead to moderator action, in the worst case if somebody does not want to understand it might lead to posting restrictions or removal from the forums.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Andreab2000 said:

Hi,

Ok but i have only navigraph subscription (Airac + charts) no NavDataPro subscription, it doesn't matter ?

As long as that is a valid account you will have access to the fine Navigraph data and charts. But it will never be stored offline, that would violate the license agreement.

2 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

So what is the progress right now?

You win the price for the most complex question of the day!

Basically all the developers are trying to dig through the looooong list of open issue in their section. Feature wise everything is in apart from the EFB, we had some delays in that but even there things are moving fast.

To give you an idea of what I did this morning.... we needed a way to make it clear in the Cockpit Preparation Flow what is required for every flight and what is only needed for the first flight of the day. So after some discussion we decided to show the items only needed first flight of the day in Italic. But that means the EFB must understand these formatting things etc. All seems small stuff but it really needed to be done.

• Thanks 1

https://www.phrasemix.com/phrases/just-because-you-can-doesnt-mean-you-should

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

Actually you have no rights in this private company based forum but that is another matter.

This forum is for support and PR functions and hosted by Aerosoft. You are welcome to ask anything you want but never think you are entitled or have a constitutional right to doing so.

I think the quote is "Just because you CAN do a thing, doesn't mean you SHOULD do a thing".  LOL

Emi is correct.  Don't report things based on a stream (see this post), but feel free to report things that you personally experience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CXY said:

From what I see from the streams, is it true that the controls are sluggish and hard to fly? And also, will cones / chocks  and ground power unit be added? (Visuals)

Most streams i've watched are from people either with a poor simulator setup (stutters/noise/heavy airports) or poor knowledge of procedures and more concerned about their income than actually flying the 330 in a manner that their viewers get to know the product. This obviously doesn't include those who have deeper aviation knowledge and also stream, unfortunately a minority.

Take that with a grain of salt, if you have Aerosoft's A320 family of products, you'll see that it is actually a very good offering and that should say more about the upcoming model than "someone" streaming it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lcuesta said:

just out of curiosity, they arrive at the planned release date as reported by the post posted? 

yeah...  if you are the kind of person who gets upset easily when not everything is a smooth as it could be I would suggest buying two weeks later, but we are still on schedule for early December.

Another thing completed today.... almost all displays now use the B612 font that is created for Airbus (https://b612-font.com/). I know many people suggested that before but it was not an easy switch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

yeah...  if you are the kind of person who gets upset easily when not everything is a smooth as it could be I would suggest buying two weeks later, but we are still on schedule for early December.

Another thing completed today.... almost all displays now use the B612 font that is created for Airbus (https://b612-font.com/). I know many people suggested that before but it was not an easy switch

Seems like you're powering through pretty well! Looking forward to it 

Oh wait something else we did not share yet... Users of the A320 series know about our semi intelligent co-pilot that helps you run checklists etc. There is now a new feature with that. Your view will be automatically focussed on the correct panel. So when you need to check the weather radar the view will automatically pan and zoom to that panel. Super cool stuff.

I am not 100% this will be fully completed on release because it is a huge amount of code but it will be done.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, klisura said:

I wonder how it works with chaseplane... because chaseplane users have to turn off default view system.

Do you have any info about it? 

In that care it will most likely not work. Not 100% sure though.

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In that care it will most likely not work. Not 100% sure though.

It works just fine!  At least I had no issues with it - though it's early Beta for that particular code.

5 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Soo - this is basically North Korea? :D

in this forum basically I determine what is okay and what not. It's part of our support and marketing and not a public forum. As we all know however, we got pretty loose rules.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, klisura said:

Do you use chaseplane mantaining default view system on without any issue?

Time ago it was not possible, maybe there has been some fixes by chaseplane?

The view system for the copilot system is different than the Airbus Built-In Views, at least as the code is now.  I run with the Airbus view system off because I'd rather use a hat switch than the darned Airbus View system (I really hate it).  But, that's what's great about flight sim!  I may hate it, but there are loads of people who actually like it.

Anyway, I use Chaseplane with the Airbus View System OFF.

With that out of the way, it's really a post-release question I think, as nobody would NOT purchase the A330 Pro because of this.

• Thanks 2

The Navdatabase is exactly the same as used with the A31x/A32x Prof., so it will work with Navigraph from the beginning.

• Like 1

Okay but so, which one ? :

Aerosoft Airbus A318/319/320/321 Professional

Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321

Because there are 2 different download link!

As Otto said... if you update the Airbus Pro NavData, it works for all the Airbus Pro's including the A330.  It's the exact same database (just one) that all the Airbus Pro's read from. 

49 minutes ago, victotob said:

And what about the AIRAC database?

It will be available with Navigraph soon ?

We deliver it with a full up to date 1912 database (rather special), but if you prefer Navigraph you can use that as well. 

4 minutes ago, europe.au said:

The A330 will use the Aerosoft Updater to deliver minor updates, correct?

Yes, and it's the same for all our native P3Dv4 products that have come out recently and also in the future.

• Upvote 1

So if i get it right:

-Happy day is scheduled to be 9th dec of THIS YEAR

-you added very cool effects (like start smoke)

-EFB will read AS navdata pro/activesky/pdf charts

-there are more features on their way

-new fonts for the aficionados

-Frank just drank an espresso tea lol

(btw you haven't talked about what the FA would serve us. Can you give us some sneaky peeks plz?(i hope we'll get some pasta but i like chicken too))

I bet it will be a bestseller for the next 2 years or so. 

• Like 1

To the Aerosoft Team:

You guys are doing a great job regardless of some of the comments and questions I’ve been seeing lately in this forum. Quite honestly I don’t know how you do it. People ask for screenshots and videos and while I understand it helps to show progress I don’t understand why some are being rather harsh about what’s been revealed. 

Flying a desktop simulator is vastly different from the real thing so please cut the team a break. They’ve given you what you’ve asked for so why not just say “Thank you” and wait until the product is in hand before critiquing it? I’m sure there will be updates to make improvements at a later time but a little patience  goes a long way. 

I imagine there will be blowback from this post but it would be nice to see and read more positive things. 

The release is getting very close and I for one am looking forward to it (like most of you).

• Like 6