Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

20 minutes ago, zkrRan said:

Really cool! I'm really looking forward to it! Anyways are you guys gonna include the connect flightdeck feature with it? So that i can enjoy the flight with my friends.

For sure!

Just now, flightsimandy said:

when its released will it have shared cockpit option or would that be a later update ?

Asked and answered right above your post.

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Asked and answered right above your post.

yeah it must of  popped up as i was typing lol cheers 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eaim said:

45 Euro for the upgrade cost of the A330 is a little more than I was hoping for but I'll pay it anyhow.

Yes, as I wrote I am not totally happy with that.

But it is not an upgrade but a new aircraft. An aircraft that shares a lot of the system with the smaller busses but we decided a while back to share all those developments with the existing customers. If you bought the A320 series on release you now have a lot of fully redone systems.  From completely new cabin pressure systems, via fully new pneumatics to a lot of new features in the MCDU.  Months of development work you basically got for free. That's why I feel it is reasonable to ask the price. 

Compare it to other add-on developers... See how they resell the same code over and over again. I do not say they are wrong, every developer does that. But at least we try to make it palatable.  The average Aerosoft customer  over close to 10 of our products.  Look at the update price of the CRJ professional.....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Richard23 said:

I am looking forward to seeing this. Which version on the A330 is coming out 200 or 300? And will there be many liveries to choose from?

A330-343 (Rolls Royce Engines).

There is more information about this in the last 2 pages here in the forums.

Best wishes.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, as I wrote I am not totally happy with that.

But it is not an upgrade but a new aircraft. An aircraft that shares a lot of the system with the smaller busses but we decided a while back to share all those developments with the existing customers. If you bought the A320 series on release you now have a lot of fully redone systems.  From completely new cabin pressure systems, via fully new pneumatics to a lot of new features in the MCDU.  Months of development work you basically got for free. That's why I feel it is reasonable to ask the price. 

Compare it to other add-on developers... See how they resell the same code over and over again. I do not say they are wrong, every developer does that. But at least we try to make it palatable.  The average Aerosoft customer  over close to 10 of our products.  Look at the update price of the CRJ professional.....

I think that is perfectly reasonable and much better offer than some others have. In fact it  has motivated me to get the Airbus 318/319 as well. I once made the huge mistake of buying the steam versions of these so I never got any upgrade offer. It was my mistake and not something I would repeat. I am really happy with the 320/21 and even if you don't like it as much as the connected deck. The simulated FO is a huge selling point for me. I am not great at multitasking and I like not getting super stressed at approaches. 

This is instant buy for me. 

I personally think p3d has a lot more life to it than People realise. FS2020 seems to be more aligned to VFR than Tubeliners (no ATC for instance). I think there will be a few more years before I switch over. Otoh I am perfectly fine using XP11 too :). i hope Aerosoft keeps supporting all platforms.

Ooh, almost a release date. Have we reached a deal? Has been going on almost as long as Brexit after all...

(No expectations - won’t be released before the new MSFS - thats the new hidden aim). Standing by...

24 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Hi Mathijs

Thanks for the update on the prices , if i have read it right does that mean the A330 will be about 45 euroes because i own the 318-321s? ....

If you own the A318/A319 Professional and/or A320/A321 Professional for P3Dv4.x, then yes. The discount for owning previous versions does not include the earlier 32 bit Airbuses that Aerosoft produced.

48 minutes ago, Herman said:

If you own the A318/A319 Professional and/or A320/A321 Professional for P3Dv4.x, then yes. The discount for owning previous versions does not include the earlier 32 bit Airbuses that Aerosoft produced.

I think this is extremely fair and beyond necessity since the A330 is a completely new aircraft and not a upgrade.

Btw, I've never seen PMDG give you a discount on your B777/B747 purchase for previous B737 ownership.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AidanM said:

Hi Stefan, I had a thought but I suppose it might be too late now but what about a Thomas Cook livery for the A330? As you've seen in the news, Thomas Cook is no longer with us, sadly, I just thought their livery would be a good way to honour the airline' memory and it's legacy would live on in the virtual skies. P.S Your texture work is incredible!

Repaint requests go in this thread, where you can also see if it's been requested yet:

4 hours ago, jeancarlo903 said:

Will the new also load cargo and payload via EFB?/Gsx lvl2 Integration looks awesome

We kept that in the configurator. The EFB was really one of the last things we added and needed to limit what we could move. Should be done later though.

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

All tentative and subjects to change.

• The price will be roughly 60 Euro (plus VAT when applicable).
  • If you own any of the Airbus Professional products it will be roughly 45 Euro (plus VAT when applicable).
  • I am now working with a first week of December release date.
  • There will be no paid livery packs or anything like that.
  • There will be NO additional charges when (if) more models or engine types are added
  • NO DRM so you can install as many times as you want on all the machines that you own.

A note on the update price. This is slightly higher than we anticipated because it shares so much code with the A320 series. But those customers have gotten a lot of the new code already without paying anything so we feel it is justifiable.  The addition of the EFB and updated textures will be a (modest priced) paid update for the A318/A319/A320/A321)

Should you visit the show in Lelystad we'll gladly show you the product (next to the CRJ pro, and OnAir)

Brilliant News. Thank you to all on the team for all your hard work and perseverance.   I think €60 or €45 is a very reasonable price considering the amount of work gone into it and the limited market. 

I mainly use X-Plane now, which I have only done so since version 11. Before P3D, I only used FSX. I will only use P3D V4 for the Aerosoft Airbuses. Who knows what the split market will do for software companies in the future with MSFS (2020)?

One Question to the EFB, will it work same as The one in the PMDG 747 an will don't work with reshade an i can't use the Charts ?

26 minutes ago, Ollix79 said:

One Question to the EFB, will it work same as The one in the PMDG 747 an will don't work with reshade an i can't use the Charts ?

I'm not 100% current on what the PMDG issue is, however I recall there was something with the login.
That is not a problem in the CRJ since we open the login window in the browser instead of an in-sim popup. That should avoid the blank login window.

I asked among the testers if someone uses reshade and could run a test with the charts.

Sorry, wrong preview. Thought this was the CRJ preview.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:42 AM, Ollix79 said:

No idea, we absolutely never test with non-standard shaders. 

The people who model the aircraft spend months on getting all colors exactly as they believe works well (on calibrated displays). Almost all non-standard shaders compress part of the color spectrum and thus simple remove colors. We seen some screenshots from customers with shaders that removed 20% (!!) of all colors. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, klisura said:

Now we have an aproximate A330 release date, can we know the project of the hi end aircraft you talked about? If not, when could we have some hints? 

Did you check the CRJ pro? That's what we worked on simultaneous.

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Did you check the CRJ pro? That's what we worked on simultaneous.

Ah ok, it was the CRJ, got it. Thanks

And believe me, that's high end.... Some of our very reputable testers (actually real pilots) called it the probably 'the best aircraft release in 2019 so far'.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, zhensanmao said:

I recommend Aerosoft to use a more stringent serial number system, otherwise it would be unfair to users who purchase genuine products.

Believe me, there is no way to make a product safe from hacking it.

We all saw what happened to FSL who really invested into anti piracy systems and even those with really tight systems like PMDG, Leonardo, etc. still end up on the known piracy sites. It might take a week or two longer, but it's not a question "if" it will be pirated, but "when".
Therefore we don't see the logic in investing thousands upon thousands of euros into such a system, which in the end also means a pain for a genuine user if a false positive occures.

We rather accept that piracy can never be 100% prevented and make life easy for the genuine customer than to overdo it with a system which in the end isn't failsafe either.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, zhensanmao said:

I have a lot of Aerosoft products, including airplanes, airports and navigation tools. They are great products. I recommend Aerosoft to use a more stringent serial number system, otherwise it would be unfair to users who purchase genuine products.

I have a full account of all Adobe apps, pay a lot for that every month. And still I use a cracked version of most apps because the DRM they use has a problem with my machine, Adobe was not able to assist me with that.  And that is pretty much what I think about strict DRM, it makes life harder for honest customers and is hardly a problem for people who want to steal it. Around 20% of all support we do is about problems with DRM (mainly customers who need it reset). That costs money. And we only get money from paying customers. There is no logic in that.

A solid product, a good price and good support. That is effective against piracy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

One subject I don't think has been discussed yet (at least not recently). Does this Airplane have some built in time compression system like the 777?

I am wondering since this could be more interesting with this plane compared to the 320s. I remember that the old versions were a bit sensitive to time compression

and maybe something has been done for this? I never feel the need to compress time with the 320/321 but on a long haul(777/787) I usually set the time to 4x over Atlantic.

It's been discussed a thousand times and the answer remains the same as before ;)

• Like 1