Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

4 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

I really hope you don't drop the co-pilot. It's one of the selling points for me and I'd rather drop GSX (FS2C seems to do it better anyway). Mathijs, I think you did a great job with the co-pilot. Those issues are minor to me and doesn't really stop me from enjoying it.

Oh now, it is still in and will be fully supported. It is just that we really focus more on Connected Flight Deck. Flying with two person is really the next step in reality that we need to do.  We moved from stupid AI ATC to real human ATC because it is far more realistic. We need to make that same step in the cockpit. 

• Like 1

I’m just glad to get updates. Other companies/developers won’t even give a timeframe and while I think it’s a risky practice to do so I’m glad Aerosoft does. I am extremely excited about this latest aircraft, however, as difficult as it may be to wait I’d rather wait a little longer for a solid product versus getting something that doesn’t work correctly or needs massive updates. 

Although this may be a sensitive subject Aerosoft took a beating (IMHO) for the release of the CRJ mostly because the date kept slippng. But after it was released and went through some serious fixes/updates we now have a really nice aircraft which can’t be matched currently. My point is they gave a release date and when it wasn’t met the community in general seemed to be quite irritated. I mention this not as a criticism but what can happen when an estimated timeframe is not met. 

While I am excitedly waiting for the A330 I also remind myself Aerosoft will give us a two week notice once the date is set so until then I’ll do my best to wait patiently. And drool . . . 

Thanks for the updates, videos, and answered questions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Oh now, it is still in and will be fully supported. It is just that we really focus more on Connected Flight Deck. Flying with two person is really the next step in reality that we need to do.  We moved from stupid AI ATC to real human ATC because it is far more realistic. We need to make that same step in the cockpit. 

I fully understand that it is more realistic but I have no time for VATSIM/MP so I use ProATC and let me say, it works really well with your A320/321. I feel I am getting a "near reality" feel even though it is not perfect.

Do you recommend getting FS2Crew for the Airbus anyway? I mean, since your co-pilot does some of the work.

I am hoping that MS can do some magic since they have some advanced tech in ChatBot AI and Voice recognition. Even if it isn't in release.

I like FS2Crew but I think our is more incorporated with the aircraft systems.

Our airbus projects were always designed to be very complete, so you would not need to buy RAAS or a co-pilot add-on. That's why we also deliver a fully up to date navdatabase (and not an outdated one like others) on release. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I like FS2Crew but I think our is more incorporated with the aircraft systems.

Ah thanx. Then I will hold off. Maybe with the 330 since it is more complex aircraft. At least I can pretend I have a human ;).

Btw, this is a question I have not seen yet (at least not according to search). Will this have a similar time compression system to the pmdg 777? For long haul flights there

is more point. I never compress on shorter.

We decided to put the new AirCanada livery into our A330 default livery set. I just finished this paintjob today and wanted to share some impressions of it with you....

A330_AirCanada_001.png

A330_AirCanada_002.png

A330_AirCanada_003.png

A330_AirCanada_004.png

A330_AirCanada_005.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

We decided to put the new AirCanada livery into our A330 default livery set. I just finished this paintjob today and wanted to share some impressions of it with you....

[...]

That looks very nice,  what caught my eye especially were the sun reflections on a couple of the panels,  From what I can see they add that nice touch of realism.

1 hour ago, VAFPilot said:

Loooks great! Will the paint kit include a full fuselage template?

Think we replied to that a few times, same as the A320. And with over 1500 available repaints I think that works!

1 hour ago, Jammin16 said:

OMFG... It's looking mega awesome, can't wait to the release date. It is still too early to ask the price of this wonder???

Should be in the same range as the current busses. We are not fans of $100+ add-ons.

Wow, previews look stunning! Really like the new Air Canada livery!

2 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

We decided to put the new AirCanada livery into our A330 default livery set.

You just made me very happy :)

Thanks for doing that. I was a bit on hold because of the new MS simulator, but now the A330 will be a must-have for me.

Peter

14 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

FlyTampa CYUL (my favourite) and CYYZ, FSDT CYVR, FSimStudios CYQB (I don't know their other airports). Simaddons sceneries have not evolved much over the last 5-10 years in their quality, but I still like to fly to many of Ralph's airports. They give you a great variety when flying to Canada. The Canadian airports by ORBX are very good, but hardly suitable for the A330 :)

Peter

2 hours ago, marcusjm said:

Stunning paint job. Finally an alternative to my 787 CA :). I think I need to invest in some Canadian Airports. Any suggestions?

Guys, with no intentions of throwing a damper on things for you, but you'll notice Mathijs and many moderators have asked many times to keep this thread strictly for the A330 - it's hard work to keep threads relevant to the topic!  So if it's not too much trouble, would you please open a new thread to discuss your airports?  I recommend the General Forum, and I would love to see a Canadian operations thread there.

Thanks for understanding, and best wishes.

1 hour ago, passicfc94 said:

I have own the a320 Family p3dv4 on simmarket ...So did i also get a Discount there or also when purchase it in your Website (A330 product) and how long does it take to purchase it in simmarket After you release it on your store?

Please read the very first post in this topic ;) 

And as with all other Aerosoft products, the moment they will be released they will also be available to other stores. It is up to them how much time they need to make them available to their customers. From experience that shouldn't be more than a day. With highly anticipated products even far less.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:43 AM, Alberto-VZLA said:

For each question about a release date, you guys should increase the price by an Euro... You'll be surprised to see how quickly it stops.

Or how rich, they'd get... 

14 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

[...] 

Yes! I've been looking for a plane to fly from Whitehorse to Frankfurt. Great job as always Stefan :)

Work also expands to the night version now. The cockpit shot shows the dark cockpit without domes or reading lights which are applied the coming days. The FCU panel integ lighting is like in real world independently dimmable from the rest of the integ lighting (one knob on the pedestal for that in the A330) with the knob on the lower glareshield. Exterior lighting contains all what there is on the real thing. Strobes and wing lights light up of course also the direct environment around the aircraft. Regard all still work in progress. Some finetunings ahead....

A330_Night_001.png

A330_Night_002.png

A330_Night_003.png

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, generale84 said:

VC flood will be replaced instead of RealLight, right?

We are indeed not using RealLight (as it does not function in P3d V4.5 correctly) but are using another technology that is native (but way more time consuming to implement).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are indeed not using RealLight (as it does not function in P3d V4.5 correctly) but are using another technology that is native (but way more time consuming to implement).

How about the impact on performance? Will there be an FPS hit?

As far as we can see only very limited. But there is no other option. Lighting is an incredibly weak point in this simulator.

• Like 1

vor 18 Minuten, Detail50 sagte:

Looks nice,  by appearances the runway floods look much better than what I see in the current A320?

This may relate to experience, but will you be able to light the cockpit and overhead panel in cold and dark state with night selected so you will be able to see?

Of course! For that you have dome, flood and reading lights in the airbus cockpit.

• Like 1

Friends,

Would you please do us a favor? When quoting a post, please remove the photos or screen shots ftom the post you are quoting.

Thanks for helping us with this.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Of course! For that you have dome, flood and reading lights in the airbus cockpit.

Sounds great,  will look forward as to learning how to operate those as you enter the cockpit in the new version.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Hahaha!!!  I've never heard that, but truly loved that one!

Truth is, we have a love/hate relationship with questions about release dates. Some of us get them almost daily from many diifferent venues so I'll admit that there a part which thinks... "ah man, really? Did you bother reading the post up above?" But then we all realize that the person is simply excited about our collective work and excited to purchase and enjoy it.

I know of no other company in flight sim that has the relationship with their customers like Aerosoft does, and the reason is our Community Manager and Program Manager Mathijs, which is what drew me to Aerosoft a number of years ago.  Mathijs created this amazing bound with Aerosoft customers, so with that relationship comes such questions.

So as I said, a love/hate thing with that question. But at the end of the day I'm very happy we get them, no matter how many times we answer them.

Best wishes my friend.

In all honesty, on my first visit to the thread a couple of years ago I was guilty of the same. I think it happens mainly with new users.

Cheers

• Like 1

Any chance of a video showing it at night?