Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

On 10/18/2019 at 9:40 PM, Herman said:

Yes. If they weren't, you'd see it announced prominently in this thread.

Cool. Thanks for the response! Wasn't sure if I was going to get one given that you are tired of crazy people like me asking about release dates lol

Will it use more GPU instead of CPU? For mine will be perfect to use more CPU because I have a 1GB GPU and it will run in lag like a321/320

If you can know, what percentage of progress is it? example 95%? is that anxiety is beating me.... jajajaja

25 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

91.66% but it might also be 92.11%.

Ah man!  You told me the other day it was 92.5%!  I want my money back!  ;)  :0

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

91.66% but it might also be 92.11%.

So it's going to be a Xmas/holiday plane (i.e. aircraft).

49 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

I noticed that Hawaiian Airlines uses the 330 too. Do they have this particular version? Just asking since their livery is one of the most beautiful I know.

They have the -200, were are modeling the -300. More specifically the -343 with Tlls Royce engines. There are mumerous variants of the -300 with three different engine variants.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

I noticed that Hawaiian Airlines uses the 330 too. Do they have this particular version? Just asking since their livery is one of the most beautiful I know.

They do however it is the -200 not -300. Has RR engines though.

56 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

They operate the A330-243 but I'm sure they'll make a fictional Hawaiian livery. How else are people going to virtually fly from Boston to Honolulu :) 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2019 at 5:28 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello, and welcome to the forums my friend.

The last 2 pages of the forum should be a good read for you as they contain very good info on this project.

The price is not yet set but should be in line with the other Airbus pro products.

Release date is sometime this year, and that is all we can tell you at the moment.

Best wishes

Ok thankyou very much for your help

5 hours ago, ben carpy said:

Ok thankyou very much for your help

My pleasure my friend!

Best wishes!

23 minutes ago, Dave2017 said:

I've been following Aerosoft's A330 development for several years now, and I'd just like to know if it will be released sometime within the next, oh, lets say 2 years.

I noticed that someone decided to erase the previous A330 development forum and start a new one in July 2018.  This conveniently makes it seem as though development of the A330 has been proceeding much faster than it actually has, which in reality is ridiculously slowly.

Is this just a big joke or are you actually going to release this thing so folks can fly it instead of just reading about it for years on end?

Thank you.

My friend,

If you've been following the development, then you already know the answers to your questions, and you know that what you wrote is not even close to being accurate.

1. As has been stated countless times (and those following the development know all too well), Aerosoft intends to release the product this year.  This information is included (even recently) in this thread.

2. The A330 has NOT been under development for years.  As has been clearly stated countless times over, the development process was to first release and update the A320 Professional Series, and then start work on the A330, and given that they use many of the same files, we planned for this to speed up development of the A330 and it's done just that.  The lions share of the work on the A330 has been done THIS YEAR, and we also intend to release THIS YEAR.  We've shared all of this information from the start of the Airbus Professional Series, including when it was originally announced.

I will take you at your word that you've been following the development, therefore I have to assume you're merely trolling and will take the appropriate action.

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

vor 39 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

All tentative and subjects to change.

• The price will be roughly 60 Euro (plus VAT when applicable).
  • If you own any of the Airbus Professional products it will be roughly 45 Euro (plus VAT when applicable).
  • I am now working with a first week of December release date.
  • There will be no paid livery packs or anything like that.
  • There will be NO additional charges when (if) more models or engine types are added
  • NO DRM so you can install as many times as you want on all the machines that you own.

A note on the update price. This is slightly higher than we anticipated because it shares so much code with the A320 series. But those customers have gotten a lot of the new code already without paying anything so we feel it is justifiable.  The addition of the EFB and updated textures will be a (modest priced) paid update for the A318/A319/A320/A321)

Should you visit the show in Lelystad we'll gladly show you the product (next to the CRJ pro, and OnAir)

Great news Mathijs. The price is fair, maybe for Airbus Professional Users it can be a little bit cheaper.

So let's hope on Dec 6. there is a A330 in my boots ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

2. The A330 has NOT been under development for years.  As has been clearly stated countless times over, the development process was to first release and update the A320 Professional Series, and then start work on the A330, and given that they use many of the same files, we planned for this to speed up development of the A330 and it's done just that.  The lions share of the work on the A330 has been done THIS YEAR, and we also intend to release THIS YEAR.  We've shared all of this information from the start of the Airbus Professional Series, including when it was originally announced.

I will take you at your word that you've been following the development, therefore I have to assume you're merely trolling and will take the appropriate action.

Best wishes!

Not for nothing, but I could swear that I've been following various "A330 Preview" threads going back to 2015. So if it wasn't actually being developed at that time, then that was awfully misleading. Not that I have any issue with the development time, I'm sure the product will be worth it. But to say it has NOT been in development for years seems disingenuous to me.

44 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

All tentative and subjects to change.

• The price will be roughly 60 Euro (plus VAT when applicable).
  • If you own any of the Airbus Professional products it will be roughly 45 Euro (plus VAT when applicable).
  • I am now working with a first week of December release date.
  • There will be no paid livery packs or anything like that.
  • There will be NO additional charges when (if) more models or engine types are added
  • NO DRM so you can install as many times as you want on all the machines that you own.

A note on the update price. This is slightly higher than we anticipated because it shares so much code with the A320 series. But those customers have gotten a lot of the new code already without paying anything so we feel it is justifiable.  The addition of the EFB and updated textures will be a (modest priced) paid update for the A318/A319/A320/A321)

Should you visit the show in Lelystad we'll gladly show you the product (next to the CRJ pro, and OnAir)

Guess this means I finally need to update from 4.4 to 4.5. We are getting closer. Looking forward to it!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Not for nothing, but I could swear that I've been following various "A330 Preview" threads going back to 2015. So if it wasn't actually being developed at that time, then that was awfully misleading

Not at all. Development from the developer perspective includes a lot of research, a lot of learning, trial and error. etc., especially when the base sim changes. Many things we shared in the past changed significanly compared to today.

34 minutes ago, AidanM said:

That's great news Mathijs! You guys must be wrapping things up nicely then? I take it that no decision has yet been made for the A330-200 and other engine variants?

Well in a project like this you release when you feel the product is good enough. There will be many parts we'll need to work on, some smallish features to add.  The list with things we LIKE to do is many many pages long. 90% of that will never be done but will pop up in a later project. Good example is the EFB, I really wanted that in the A320 but the technology we wanted to use (web stuff) was not hard to handle. Now I got Robert who is a wizard with that stuff and things became possible. 

We never do an aircraft product and leave it, it's a continuous development. 

24 minutes ago, xBobo said:

But can you make the airplane use more CPU instead of GPU for some users?

Utterly impossible, sorry. It would mean months of work simplifying the model. Won't happen. We are very much preparing for FS2020 that most likely will be more demanding on GPU then ever before. 

2 minutes ago, klisura said:

Updated textures for A320 mean PBR textures?

Remember discount promised to first people who joined CFD club 😉

Yes and Yes. But keep in mind FS2020 will play a large part in our plans. So at this moment we do not make any solid plans beyond the CRJ professional and A330 professional.

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2019 at 10:29 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Not at all. Development from the developer perspective includes a lot of research, a lot of learning, trial and error. etc., especially when the base sim changes. Many things we shared in the past changed significanly compared to today.

I think you are feeding trolls, Dave. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Guess this means I finally need to update from 4.4 to 4.5. We are getting closer. Looking forward to it!

ALL of our products are always only tested on the latest released version of the sim. It might work on older versions but that is not guaranteed.

Fantastic news and prices, as usual.

Thanks, Aerosoft.

Miquel.

• Like 1

So I guess is trailer coming soon??

Can't wait to fly it cross europe when DD releases UUEE v2

SO I guess nothing has changed since last pages in terms of features.

Is CPDLC going to be ready from release or launched in a later update (really excited bout this one and i wish we got some video)?

2 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Is CPDLC going to be ready from release or launched in a later update (really excited bout this one and i wish we got some video)?

I have no idea. 

CPLDC in our sims is 100% depending on what VATSIM. IVAO or POSCON can offer. It's a client that needs to be linked to a server and at this moment none of there organisations have a solid SDK.  POSCON seems to be in the lead.  What is possible at this moment is the Hoppy route and we are testing with that, but this is something we rather not do (and that is NO negative comment on the people who manage that).  Keep in mind our developers costs a shit load per day and we really prefer solid services to link to. Smaller developer companies can take bigger risks here. 

4 minutes ago, lukejw20 said:

I'm gonna react like a teenage girl but omg Im so excited :D

I was expecting more emoticons in that case.

• Like 1

45 Euro for the upgrade cost of the A330 is a little more than I was hoping for but I'll pay it anyhow.

Do I not get some extra money off, seeing as your using the engines I help make? (after nearly 30 years service at Rolls Royce) HaHa.

• Like 1