Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

7 hours ago, João Peralta said:

Well today I saw a streem on the youtube of the A330, because congratulations I liked, but no wonder because I have the A319 / 320/321 for FSX that still use fundamentally, so once again Aerosoft showed a good job. I'm just sorry that Aerosoft has given up on FSX (but beware though you want to give us the idea that we are still not very many who use FSX yet) but these are sad situations, I know I know that P3Dv4 has a more versatile range but finally with goodwill one could also look at FSX. Congratulations once again for your work

That would be very expensive goodwill and would delay any release for Microsoft Flight Simulator. My CEO would skin me alive if I wasted that much money.

2 hours ago, Bigt said:

Is there any chance this gets volume gets increased or is there a way we can do it ourselves? Looking forward to this release!

If customers want that, sure. As I said so many times, sound has very little do do with realism and has all to do with how a customer expects it.  A pilot on landing has his headset on and will never hear the reversers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bigt said:

Is there any chance this gets volume gets increased or is there a way we can do it ourselves? Looking forward to this release!

Yes, and it's very easy to do. I posted how to do this in these forums about 6 years ago for the previous Airbus.  You see, we've had the same "Sound" discussion back then, both internally and then again in the forums, for every aircraft release since).  You can use freeware software called Audacity to do this quite easily.  Just change the Amplitude for any sound file.

I used this to redo many of the sounds for the FSX version of the Maddog Professional, difference being?  The original sound set for that old bird was not realistic as many of the sounds were FAR too loud (wager a guess why?), so I reduced the amplitude to quite them down to a far more realistic level, including the engines.

Up above a user wrote about how noisy the MD-80 engines are.... well, he might have been aboard the MD-80 before Hush Kits (early 2000's) and even before that MD-80 Flight Deck was/is one of the quietest of all the T-Tails which are quite compared to most aircraft with wing mounted engines.  It's just a huge difference between sitting just behind the flight deck and sitting on the flight deck even without noise cancelling headphones.  It's as much the cabin design and there being a wall (any type of wall) just before the flight deck. As a retired submariner I have a pretty fair grasp of sound and sound propagation.

But each to his own, and if you want to change the amplitude of the sound then there is nothing wrong with your doing so.  Just download Audacity and go to it.  It's so easy to do that you don't need a procedure, and it really comes down to trial and error and getting the sounds where you want them to be.

Best wishes!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swisspilot said:

I know it's a "risky" question, but is the due date still early december? 

Absolutely. Working with Dec 9th at this moment.

3 hours ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

Can we expect a early release paint kit ?

Sorry but no.

1 hour ago, Detail50 said:

MS 2020 is much closer than you estimate.

Indeed, we are on the threshold for the first copies to be send to customers. And the simple fact is that sales for FSX add-ons stopped making sense 18 months ago. As we always say, there are still a huge amount of FSX pilots, but only a few that are willing to buy add-ons for that platform. 

• Thanks 1

Btw, I think we know why people complained about some missing sounds in streams. If this is off a lot will not be played.

image.png

2 minutes ago, miquelpp said:

Hi Mathijs, someone from the team said something about an internal build  like 1.2.5.3 versión or so. Can we expect any release for the A320 family before the A330 ?

Thanks in advance. 

Miquel.

Miquel,

It's true, we have a several changes that have already been back fitted from the A330 to the A320 Series.  Changes don't become improvements until they've been  tested, and as far as I know they haven't been tested because it's All Hands on Deck working the A330 right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miquelpp said:

Thanks Dave. Anyway, can´t wait for the A330.

Indeed, as Dave said all attention is on the A330 now but I hope to complete an update of the A320 series this week as well. There are some tweaks and fixes I like to see on users systems and not only in our file versioning system.

• Like 1

Gents, as long as we do not see the actual g-forces that were in action as the images were made, they simply provide no information. If you can show us it is wong when you actually have the product and can compare the actual movement to what it should be with some proof we gladly look at it again. You will need the correct table though, we managed to find one after many many months of searching. 

Until that moment this topic is simply not sensible.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

vor 2 Stunden , swap777 sagte:

I knew this was coming, if you do change the angle, yes it would give a better sense of deflection of the tips and here I'm pretty sure the real deal still has more flex than it's P3D counterpart even when you consider them "Angles".  Btw, here's a more closer matching "Angle" for those pedantic about the "Angles" lmao

Image result for a330 wing

The tips still have greater flex. 

Hi swap777!

Would you say to a classic painter who paints a landscape with clouds that he did wrong? You would maybe say: "He, i´ve seen images of the same landscape without clouds! The painter cannot be a good one, because he ruined my expectations of having an

empty blue sky above the landscape !". The same thing you try to prove here currently. You show our product in a single state and then you try an awkward comparsion with not even the same aircraft (speed?, mass?, AOA?, turbulence?, G-Forces?, A330 Tanker with hanging boom instead of a PAX A330). This is a phenomenom i just see too often today by too many people. But there isn´t any logic behind your comparision and you should know better if you had investigated better before doing that post. Our A330 does correct and he does even better than you may anticipate, because the wingflex is even influenced by the deflection forces of pointing up and down ailerons and it oscilates shortly when forces hit it suddenly.  To finish the circle here, i tried to force our A330 to slap the wings like the A330 tanker and he is even able to do that....imagine that! PS:If you check the A330 tanker image further you will notice the subtle distortion on large areas of the wings, which is caused by the heat exhaust of aircraft the photo is taken from!

111A330_wingflex.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

So which sounds are those? Is it like the 2000,80,70,60,5ft callouts or is it some other sounds? Like v1 for example,idk. 

I just saw the teasers of the beta and i have something to say. Werent the engines more roary ?(i may be wrong) cuz on takeoff with the wingview i felt like the sound was too plain, almost as plain as a220 or something (which i think are a lot quieter. Im not saying its too quiet but if i remember well RR a330s are known for a highly pitched up roary sound. BTW i feel like the pbr makes the flightdeck a lot more realistic, like if you could feel the different plastics around the flight deck. And also is it me or you finally changed the AP disc sound (a very good point) because with all respects it sounds super blurry on the smaller busses.

I am sorry, we do not provide a sound set intended to be used for the passenger cabin. 

But we have decided to make the flight deck sound a bit more than it sounds for a passenger. It is pretty clear that simpilots prefer a sound they recognize and not what the real pilots hear. So it will be louder, smallish effects will be more pronounced and it will be as if you are a lot closer to the engines, flaps and gear. Like in an A320 where the crew does not wear a headset. I believe that is what matches the expectations best. We might look at a serious sound set (so what we actually recorded inside a NC headset on the flight deck of an A330 early this year)  somewhere nearly next year. 

I also suggest to drop the sound discussion. As said we'll do what is expected. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aviator1985 said:

The upcoming MSFS, in which the aircraft will be affected upon different surfaces, will most probably grant more natural flexing and shaking wings.

We did that in the gliders we done.... the wings are not the same and the left one can flex different then the right one. Spend a load of time on that and nobody ever seen it. 

What we find most important in wingflex is the frequency. 95% of all wingtip movement are 'tremors' in the 40 to 80 Hz range.  Very fast small movements.  I know simmers love the big bents that are super obvious but these are rare and a lot of videos about show as much movement of the camera as the wingtip (negative G, wing tip up, camera up).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canonprince1989 said:

I am supper concern about FPS in this nice bird, I watched streaming, and found it is not that good.

Please tell us the following regarding the stream(s) you watched.

1. What are the system specs?

2. What are the processor and graphics card settings?  Any overclock?  Turbo Mode kicking in?

3. What are the P3D Graphics and World Settings?

4. Was the person running payware airports and if so, which one(s)?

5. Was the person running ORBX products and if so, which ones?

6. Streamer using Live Weather?

7. What cloud textures and resolution?

8. What was the weather conditions of the stream?

9. What was the aircraft's altitude when you became concerned by FPS?

10. What AI Traffic was running and what are the texture resolutions?

11. Was the person using Twitch and/or Restream?

12. What is the output bandwidth of the streamers Internet service?

13. What were the stream software settings of the person streaming?

14. What is the viewers Internet download bandwidth and what is their ping and throughput from the Venue (Twitch, YouTube, etc.) server?

There are more questions I could ask, but those are the main ones.

At a minimum, you would have to know the answer to each and every question above to truly evaluate what you saw.

What I can tell you is that I run an i7-4770K with 4 cores locked at 4.5GHz along with a GTX 1080 pushing 4 different monitors (one 55 inch 4K and three 23 inch monitors) and I run a great many other software products while using P3D, and with 4K settings in P3D I average 24fps in the VC during taxi at payware airports like EGLL and EDDF, and higher fps (up to 50fps and greater during climb and cruise and descent in clear weather. 

There are way too many variables for us to forecast what your frame rates will be on any given system, all we can do is tell you what we see on ours.  Mathijs has said that you'll likely get 10% less frames with the A330 compared to the A320 Professional Series, though on my system the performance is roughly the same as the A320 Professional Series even though we have debugging software running on our Beta software.

In the end, if you're concerned it may not run on your system then I'd say skip the A330.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

I have a question concerning the system sounds in the cockpit. I watched the stream from yesterday again, the aircraft was cold&dark and the streamer powered up the aircraft, external power on and we only hear a “click” and that’s it and like the same for the batteries. I mean the sound immersion in the cockpit is very important, I am wondering if that’s gonna stay like this or you are still working on it ?

Please keep in mind that sounds are different from system to system AND basing this on a stream adds a new element, the audio settings of the stream software and the stream throughput.

l am fairly sure the switch sounds will stay the same, but lets also keep in mind that switch sounds vary considerably by switch type and with flight deck systems running a pilot may not hear a switch move at all (especially push switches).

If it turns out you want to increase sounds based on you want to hear instead of what a pilot hears then let me know after you have used the product for a while and I'll show you how to change them to whatever you think they should be / what you want them to be and I'll be happy to show you how.

Best wishes!

26 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Hmm, I think Delta uses the PW version. I presume then this livery will not be included.

I am sure painters will provide a delta livery nonetheless. I mean we are "cheating" with the B77L as well using it for B772 operators. For example UAL B77L with GE for B772 with PW or SIA B77L with GE for B772 with RR. So why should we make an exception for the A333? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, canonprince1989 said:

I am supper concern about FPS in this nice bird, I watched streaming, and found it is not that good.

Judging frames from a stream is something I would never do, but on our own systems it is about 10% slower compared to the A320 series when you use the EFB for charts. But on my (rather clean) system I get a very easy 45 fps on Cologne.  Shown in the image.

2019-11-25_11-23-42-296.png

And yes, we are tweaking the oscillations on ILS, not an issue that worries me much.

I assume turning off the EFB will improve performance. The only reason I ever use one is for performance calculations if there is one. 

Another quick question,

Will DCLB1 and DCLB2 be an option for climb derates? Many airlines out there make use of this option when RR is the powerplant, so it would be awesome to have it simulated. Regards!

10 minutes ago, SWOOS said:

Does anybody mentioned that this "whool" Sound we all love also appears by starting reversers after landing. I could not hear it in any pre-release videos 

I couldn't hear the howl sound either in any of the streams (when deploying reversers) but audio in some of those streams was not the best to begin with. If I recall correctly,  Mathijs stated that they were still working on figuring out how to code it because they couldn't use the default sound engine (or something along those lines). From my experience as a passenger and in watching various Just Planes cockpit videos, the howling sound is much more subtle during landing when deploying thrust reverse.

Correct, that sound needs to be triggered by external code. But we have fine samples for it and we'll find a way to include it.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 2:24 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Please keep in mind that sounds are different from system to system AND basing this on a stream adds a new element, the audio settings of the stream software and the stream throughput.

l am fairly sure the switch sounds will stay the same, but lets also keep in mind that switch sounds vary considerably by switch type and with flight deck systems running a pilot may not hear a switch move at all (especially push switches).

If it turns out you want to increase sounds based on you want to hear instead of what a pilot hears then let me know after you have used the product for a while and I'll show you how to change them to whatever you think they should be / what you want them to be and I'll be happy to show you how.

Best wishes!

I will send what I mean via video. I am not blaming the button sound that is fine, I just mean when an Airbus is powered up there is a power on sound on many systems and it gives an authentic electrical/ventilation sound :) 

@DaveCT2003 

Please watch sec. 40’’ of the video, I know it’s a A320 but no difference the sound is almost the same.

Moderator Edit: Video deleted due to lack of copyright assurance and irrelevant as noted by Mathijs just below.

No, the sound of an A330 is very different.  I rather close this topic now  as showing YouTube videos that are not even the same aircraft and without any information if it is a late or new model A330 (massive difference!)  makes very little sense. When we have released and you can match what we did to a good recording of the same model we gladly listen to comments. But not based on streams of a beta copy that clearly has parts of the sound not done. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andreab2000 said:

1 The charts on the EFB, provided by Navigraph or NavDataPro, will be updated ? or they are old as those available on the web ?

2 As i have a Navigraph subscription (Airac + Charts) there will be the possibilty to use my navigraph account and therefore have access to my charts on EFB ?

1. The online charts if Navigraph or NavDataPro are getting displayed. No old or outdated locally charts are being used.

2. This is not only possible but necessary. You need a Navigraph and NavDataPro Charts subscription which is getting used to display the charts on the EFB.

4 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

1. The online charts if Navigraph or NavDataPro are getting displayed. No old or outdated locally charts are being used.

2. This is not only possible but necessary. You need a Navigraph and NavDataPro Charts subscription which is getting used to display the charts on the EFB.

I saw somebody streaming today the new CJ,   the EFB looked very impressive and as you said he had the Navigraph subscription to display the airport map which all I saw when I was on.