If you want a Honeycomb Alpha for Christma you better order fast because we are quickly running out of stock!

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Damn, I never considered that option.

You and me both. Learn something new all the time. Even after simming for almost 20 years.

6 minutes ago, Tino. said:

You and me both. Learn something new all the time. Even after simming for almost 20 years.

I don't know of any other way to do this effectively, and that's the only method I've ever used with FSX/P3D.

What do you use?

vor 9 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Plan is still very early December.

🤩

I‘m looking so forward.

Regards

Patrick

• Upvote 1

Good reminder. What we know individually should not be assumed to be known collectively. There's probably things I do which I believe everyone does but maybe not. This is why I enjoy forums that allow others to share: it helps all of us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrianThePilot said:

Hey team! I asked about this a while ago and you guys said you would research it, but was curious if you guys made a decision on this. On your current a320 professional I hear that the retard callout happens before 20 feet is called or sometimes even says retard over the 20 foot callout. My Airbus friend I’ve spoken to said that the retard callout happens after the 20 feet callout and doesn’t step over it and I was just curious if this will like this in the A330 on release?

For now it will stay as it is on the smaller busses. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Callum81 said:

Will the RAF MRTT version have air refuelling hoses ?

As we will not do a MRTT version the answer is a resounding no.

1 hour ago, alex97190 said:

Why the cockpit door cam is not on the system display? and why we don't have different cam vision when we click on the cam sel button?

Where did you see this is not the case? It seems you could only know this is not yet implemented if you had access to the files and since you are not on the beta list....  How do you know?

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 10:42 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Where did you see this is not the case? It seems you could only know this is not yet implemented if you had access to the files and since you are not on the beta list....  How do you know?

I just saw on the last a330 cockpit previews you don't put the same function to show the cockpit door cam, and in the a320 when you push the cam sel we have only one cam vision.

6 hours ago, Alex97490 said:

I just saw on the last a330 cockpit previews you don't put the same function to show the cockpit door cam, and in the a320 when you push the cam sel we have only one cam vision.

We modeled that in the A330. It's just a different panel as in the A320.

image.png

The CAM selection in the A320 is something on the to do list.

I know some people like to know the  ins and outs of a development like this and here is a very good example of the kind of work we are doing right now.

picturemessage_akq3oq3q.r3n.png

picturemessage_hkyt0hkh.3iu.png

These are descent profiles (and yes, they take many many hours of testing to make). They are pretty accurate, or rather very accurate, right now but we wondered about the 'bump' you see in the 250 knots lines around the 200T GW mark. After talking to our advisory pilots it turned out to be correct. 

But here is the $64.000 question (okay not 64k but a free copy for the first person to answer correct): what less desirable flight characteristic of the A330 does this bump show? 

On 11/7/2019 at 1:47 AM, masterhawk said:

We modeled that in the A330. It's just a different panel as in the A320.

On 11/7/2019 at 1:47 AM, masterhawk said:

The CAM selection in the A320 is something on the to do list.

zoom beside the parking brake, it's not the same modeled as the a320. You put a screen tv above the middle jumpseat to see the cockpit door cam.

Mod Edit: Picture deleted from quote to save page space. Misconception by poster corrected below.

6 minutes ago, Alex97490 said:

zoom beside the parking brake, it's not the same modeled as the a320. You put a screen tv above the middle jumpseat to see the cockpit door cam.

That's looooong gone with the Professional series.

It is interesting to see that 160t and 200t nearly got the same behaviour related to the AOA but adding 50t more the curve moves significantly downwards. (increase the AOA)

As far as I know the A330 is an aircraft with a perfect "glider behaviour" and so it might be possible that at certain weights and speed the COG abnormally moves which causes this effect.

what less desirable flight characteristic of the A330 does this bump show? 

Due to the bump, even though the aircraft has a lower weight a lower angle of attack than the average will be required to achieve the desired -3 decent rate. This will result in the aircraft airspeed increasing, requiring pilots to use speed brakes, which is undesired, as it causes disruption to airflow, passenger comfort and increases noise levels.

I know you gave some preliminary dates for release,  but we are still going to get the two week prior notification?

1 hour ago, kbuf_aviator said:

At 250 KIAS and at 200 tons gross weight, the aircraft’s pitch up attitude will be higher then average compared to along the profile line? This requiring more thrust to maintain the higher pitch attitude on average then without the bump?  This higher pitch attitude is required in order to maintain a higher AOA to produce lift at that airspeed and weight, requiring more thrust to enable that state of AOA.

Nope.

1 hour ago, generale84 said:

the less desiderable maybe 250kts at 160T...to near to 200T. Seem climb to 200T performace in the middle of the curve.

Nope.

32 minutes ago, Neel said:

Due to the bump, even though the aircraft has a lower weight a lower angle of attack than the average will be required to achieve the desired -3 decent rate. This will result in the aircraft airspeed increasing, requiring pilots to use speed brakes, which is undesired, as it causes disruption to airflow, passenger comfort and increases noise levels.

Right!  

The 330 wing is extremely efficient. It's almost impossible to both go down and slow down. Hence if your heavy it will want to speed up. Vice versa if your light it will want to level out. Especially at a mid range speed. You need to be either fast (higher drag coefficient) or slow to get down.  We are sure a lot of simmers will be caught out by this (and many will feel it is a bug).  It's not an easy aircraft to descent with.

Neel, when we launch send me an email (mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com) and I'll make sure you get a free download.

1 hour ago, Alex97490 said:

You really should update because we changed that years ago. 

image.png

image.png

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Neel, when we launch send me an email (mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com) and I'll make sure you get a free download.

HAHA Thank you!! Looking forward for a great plane

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alex97490 said:

I talk you about the a330 cockpit...

And it is the same in our A330 cockpit. 

Nope.

Argh....hope in the next giveaway :D

What are the axes of the descent graphs? Is the X axis gross weight in tons and the Y axis AOA?

1 hour ago, epiccuber2 said:

Dose any one know then the a330 will be released?

My friend, we're not being hard cases, it's just that we get this question over and over and over again day after day, so we posted the information at the top of each page in this forum. 

We understand, and thank you (and everyone else) for their overwhelming enthusiasm and how anxious they are to get a hold of the A330.  It's one of the most awaited products in the flight sim community!

We're telling people December because we're still working hard on the project, and we just don't know what day the release will be. Believe me, if we knew t he day/time we'd happily publish it!

The best thing to do is subscribe to our Newsletter and monitor this forum for the actual release date.  Mathijs said he will do his best to let people know the actual date 1 to 2 weeks before the day of release.

Best wishes!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Thomas Hao said:

How is the progress? More than 95%? 

94.88%. Perhaps 94.92% even!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

94.88%. Perhaps 94.92% even!

For a moment, I thought you jokingly made the second figure slightly smaller than the first lmao

Can't wait for it to be released, sounds like the 330 is a dream to fly!