Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

On 10/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Hahaha!!!  I've never heard that, but truly loved that one!

Truth is, we have a love/hate relationship with questions about release dates. Some of us get them almost daily from many diifferent venues so I'll admit that there a part which thinks... "ah man, really? Did you bother reading the post up above?" But then we all realize that the person is simply excited about our collective work and excited to purchase and enjoy it.

I know of no other company in flight sim that has the relationship with their customers like Aerosoft does, and the reason is our Community Manager and Program Manager Mathijs, which is what drew me to Aerosoft a number of years ago.  Mathijs created this amazing bound with Aerosoft customers, so with that relationship comes such questions.

So as I said, a love/hate thing with that question. But at the end of the day I'm very happy we get them, no matter how many times we answer them.

Best wishes my friend.

In all honesty, on my first visit to the thread a couple of years ago I was guilty of the same. I think it happens mainly with new users.

Cheers

• Like 1

Any chance of a video showing it at night?

Doing video's take a whopping lot of time, we rather spend that testing at this moment.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

It will be so cool to see this aircraft and fly this aircraft with an RTX 2080Ti.

I like the new night picture with the A330 it looks very nice.B)

Can't still wait :D

The Cathay livery is great. Glad there will be the old livery out of the box. No doubt there will be the new livery done with in days of release. Don't bother with the videos, IMHO I'd rather you guys focus on testing and releasing than faffing around making videos. We just have to have some patience. Keep up the great work and cannot wait for release day!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 6:03 PM, FestiveDuck said:

I remember it being asked a while ago and you guys replying that you would make a decision later down the development track. 

This is of course in relation to the option of GE engines, I understand that you arent going to be releasing with the GE engines however was just wondering if a decision has been made to whether or not it will even be developed after release?

So far no decision has been made. You can expect one to be made after the initial release when first customer feedback is recieved and we can make up a picture how the A330 is recieved and what additional work the community might want.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:01 PM, leonchike said:

Does the A330 support lateral offsets for oceanic flights?

I recall it being supported, however don't quote me on that.

• Upvote 2

On 10/10/2019 at 6:03 PM, FestiveDuck said:

I remember it being asked a while ago and you guys replying that you would make a decision later down the development track. 

This is of course in relation to the option of GE engines, I understand that you arent going to be releasing with the GE engines however was just wondering if a decision has been made to whether or not it will even be developed after release?

With the new simulator around the corner things are very much in flux, but we do intend to add more engines.

• Like 4

On 10/11/2019 at 1:24 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

With the new simulator around the corner things are very much in flux, but we do intend to add more engines.

That's great to hear. Thank you!

On 10/11/2019 at 1:24 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Looking forward to the 3- and 6-engined versions of the A330 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

i'd prefer 4 cfm leafblowers but hey, if we get a333 then it might come later

1 hour ago, 747-400fan said:

i'd prefer 4 cfm leafblowers but hey, if we get a333 then it might come later

Cool fact: The only way the A340-300 climbs to cruise altitude, is by using the curvature of the earth.

Joking aside, the A333 is the beginning of something great. :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Haha wanted to give a similar reply 😂

On 10/11/2019 at 11:39 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

i'd rather have our friends start working full speed on a MSFS version once the SDK is in their hand ;-))

• Upvote 2

On 10/14/2019 at 5:37 PM, itaylevi16 said:

Will the EFB in the A330 be the same as the one in the upcoming version of CRJ ?

No, interesting enough we decided on different development paths. In the CRJ it's 'hard coded' while in the A330 it is a basically just a modern website. The first gives some options that are hard to do in web stuff, the latter makes it way easier to edit and add things. Much better flexibility. For example the fact you can simply show PDF files etc.

On 10/14/2019 at 6:26 PM, CheapCharlie said:

With the MSFS on the horizon, has Aerosoft made any decisions concerning the support P3D if there is a version beyond v4?  

We have 'thoughts' on that, decisions can only be made when we have an SDK. But it is pretty clear we are very enthusiastic about the new sim.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, Thomas Hao said:

A330 and CRJ 1000, which one will release first?

It's not a CRJ1000, it is a complete new build of all CRJ's!

At this moment the plan is to release the CRJ first, but as part of the testing still has to be done, this is not set in fast drying concrete. 

Me on Christmas morning:

• Aer Lingus A330
  • MK Studio's Dublin scenery
  • Audio for VATSIM
  • GSX custom pushbacks 

Life = complete

• Like 2

I never shout at anyone, sorry for the interpretation I made from the cell phone, I repeat the question, will I have speed problems regarding the climb mode? Thank you.

(edited to change the 28 point font into something more readable, MK)

Why are you asking the same question in the A330 and CRJ topics? You got speed problems in both add-ons?

And please, use a 14 point font and not a 28 point font.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 10/1/2019 at 6:53 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Hell no, I feel the same, lol.

I had a dream that the 330 will be released on the 26th November 2019

1 hour ago, Donddsa said:

I had a dream that the 330 will be released on the 26th November 2019

I had a dream it already came out and I was flying it between Yakutsk and Moscow lol

11 hours ago, lukejw20 said:

Yes an update would be nice. This thread has been pretty quiet.

Not a lot to say, while Stefan is completing the visuals, Frank is doing adding the last systems, Robert is doing some tweaks to AP and doing the EFB, Baylan is now working on CPDLC.  We are also keeping some resources on hand if PMDG delivers the SDK for GFO. We are very keep to start implementing that!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

"... Baylan is now working on CPDLC. "

I love this thing :D

vor 56 Minuten, aplong sagte:

excuse what is likely a stupid question but what is CPDLC & SDK for GFO?

Also, once this aircraft is released, would it be possible to release a making of the A330 video? I m interested in seeing how these are designed drawn coded etc...you guys do an amazing job really amazing!

CPDLC is a system that is represented by the small display(s) at the bottom of the main panel in the airbus - the small thing where nearly all simmers didn't know what it is there for for a long time^^ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller–pilot_data_link_communications

SDK is a "software development kit", I believe it's a kind of a tutorial how a certain software works to enable third party developers to develop apps that work with that software. And in this case the software we are talking about is GFO = Global Flight Operations by PMDG: https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-announces-global-flight-operations/

But to be honest, I can't yet really imagine what this program will be like...

Regards, Dominik

• Like 2

Sorry, I should have been more clear with the terminology. Won't happen again.

Making a video....I don't promise that, but there will be a series of posts from all developers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lukejw20 said:

Are you guys still expecting to release in 2019?

Yes. If they weren't, you'd see it announced prominently in this thread.