Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

On touchdown I missed that the A330 "touches down" 3 times. At first the tires in back (main gear), after that the tires in front of the main gear and at least the nose gear. On the preview videos it seems that the main gear touched down only once

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs, just to be clear, there won't be callouts (V1 etc.) or only certain ones? When I asked a couple months ago, Dave said there would be such callouts through RAAS so could you confirm which will and wont be with the A330 as It would be disappointing not to have them all, at least as options. Thanks

Edit: Both Lufthansa and Swiss definitely have the V1 and altitude callouts in their A330s (Swiss also have the "on runway..." callout)

Gents, I am closing this specific line of discussion. What we have in our product is how the aircraft we have used as base is configured.  As Emanuel Hagen (a real commercial pilot btw) wrote, it totally depends on the software the customer wanted in his Airbus. YouTube video's  more or less only proof that it sounded that way to what I guess is a smartphone microphone and we rather use our own sound recordings. 

I will look into early next year again, until that time it will most certainly not change. So please, let's not dig deep holes to shout from on this.

49 minutes ago, Aaron1 said:

Hi Mathijs, just to be clear, there won't be callouts (V1 etc.) or only certain ones? When I asked a couple months ago, Dave said there would be such callouts through RAAS so could you confirm which will and wont be with the A330 as It would be disappointing not to have them all, at least as options. Thanks

Edit: Both Lufthansa and Swiss definitely have the V1 and altitude callouts in their A330s (Swiss also have the "on runway..." callout)

Let's quote me accurately please... I was talking about the Runway callouts - RAAS never handles V-Speeds... come on!

2 hours ago, marcusjm said:

Has the 330Neo/900 been ruled out yet btw? I have some hopes for a version for MSFS2020 at least :).

Nothing has been ruled out.  But the main issue is that Microsoft Flight Simulator is on the horizon and until we have the Tech Alpha and the SDK we simply can't plan for 2020. We do plan to move the CRJ pro and A330 pro to the new sim for sure, just as all the pro scenery projects. 

2 hours ago, Aaron1 said:

Can't say I agree but moving on :) 

Just out of interest, which aircraft did you guys use to base the product on?

It's a bit of a mix but mainly Lufthansa and Air France. When there is any doubt we default to the most modern versions. 

• Like 1

I meant more that these models are notoriously hard to get info on as I have heard. Good to know that there is at least a remote chance for the Neo. It looks great and

I am sure all of your versions will look great on MSFS :).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

YouTube video's  more or less only proof that it sounded that way to what I guess is a smartphone microphone and we rather use our own sound recordings. 

Well said, Mathijs!

Maybe you (and by 'you' I mean Aerosoft) should put that in the disclaimer for using this forum (or specific topic).

• Like 1

Great to see Edelweiss😍 

I hope the new Livery too!! 

Mod Edit: Picture deleted due to no information that poster has the copyright.

vor 14 Minuten, davidnorfolk96 sagte:

A envelope or TCX paint in the works?

The textures are 98% ready for takeoff ...

Hello Aerosoft Team,

I watched the simflight.de preview flight video of your A330-300, and I recognized that the wheels of the main gear look way too narrow together on the axle, not that spread out like they used to be on the A330/340 series, which is very characteristic. Is this a screen issue of mine? I watched it in 16:9 but the gear looked rather like an A300 main gear.

The ratio sould look like this:

|---|    

|---|     

but it looks rather like this:    

|--|

|--|

Kind regards

EDDM

2 minutes ago, EDDM said:

The ratio sould look like this:

|---|    

|---|     

Not sure how text on the screen is supposed to help... vs what I presume is actual plans and cad layouts that Aerosoft would have as reference material.

Hey everyone.

My first post after following progress from the very beginning. 

I have been waiting for years for a proper A330. I am Purser myself and have flown everything from A319 to A380. A330 was definitely my favourite to work on. Absolutely beautiful engine noise that kept it interesting every day. 

You guys did a good job with the sounds, I love them. 

Now, I wanted to give some minor feedback regarding a few things I have noticed from the streams.

- The flap settings seem slightly incorrect from the wing and spot view. 1+F and 2 do not seem as deployed as in real life, but slightly less.

- Second, I understand that gear noises vary from a customer/crew and pilot perspective. I have however many times been seated in the flight deck or right behind it at doors 1. The A330/340 landing gear door opening and deployment is very loud compared to many other planes.

- The A330 RR engines are slightly overpowered (confirmed by pilots). I have flown the 200 and 300 series, and the 300 with 388 Pax and 75 tons of fuel was able to start moving by itself on idle. With lighter loads I noticed how both aircraft  have to constantly be braked. 

- Finally, the reverse thrust on the A330 is the loudest I have experienced (Unless you’re seated next to the MD80 engine). It makes the whole cabin rattle and is heard all the way up to the flight deck. 

I hope these things could be looked at for some additional realism and to make an even better products. Regards to all! 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Alex97490 said:

Hi, how about CPDLC?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fabi9401 said:

After seeing all this footage, I got a question: Why are the spoilers not shown on the ECAM Wheels page in order to see if they extend as they should after touchdown?

I spoke with the developer, and it's currently missing from the ECAM/Wheels page, it's noted in our development road track.  Due to be included at release.

Good catch!  I didn't know it was missing!

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad your planning to include it. Keep up the amazing work!

1 hour ago, alexx said:

- The flap settings seem slightly incorrect from the wing and spot view. 1+F and 2 do not seem as deployed as in real life, but slightly less.

- Second, I understand that gear noises vary from a customer/crew and pilot perspective. I have however many times been seated in the flight deck or right behind it at doors 1. The A330/340 landing gear door opening and deployment is very loud compared to many other planes.

- The A330 RR engines are slightly overpowered (confirmed by pilots). I have flown the 200 and 300 series, and the 300 with 388 Pax and 75 tons of fuel was able to start moving by itself on idle. With lighter loads I noticed how both aircraft  have to constantly be braked. 

- Finally, the reverse thrust on the A330 is the loudest I have experienced (Unless you’re seated next to the MD80 engine). It makes the whole cabin rattle and is heard all the way up to the flight deck. 

• We have had comments about flap settings in every Airbus release we done and we checked it at least 6 times. The angles are correct. Almost none of the images and videos do not include information what flap setting is shown. 
  • For sounds issue I will one more time discuss it with the pilots we use as advisors. But keep in mind that like with the A320 series there is a massive difference between early models and late models and even between models of the same period. Additional sound dampening is optional on all airbusses. Just this afternoon one of the pilots we use for advise told us he simply never heard the gear doors but had felt the vibration. 
  • Ground friction is horrible in FSX (and P3D), it is for good reason Microsoft made such a big deal about it in the last video they did. if you get the crawl in idle correct you can be sure something else is wrong.

1 minute ago, FWAviation said:

, so I was a bit alarmed, bearing in mind that the A330 shall be released in only two weeks time.

So are we, lol. I think we understand what causes it though....

1 hour ago, Alex97490 said:

Hi, how about CPDLC? AOC and ATC menu will be improved? What is TRAF and SAT in mcdu menu? The third Mcdu it is possible to see wheather metar/ taf with? Or send acars msg? I only saw the option about the aircraft on it...

The third MCDU is only used for simulator functions. 

For CPLDC I have to be perfectly honest not really decided. I am not at all happy with the Hoppie route. Absolutely nobody at any of the ATC groups I spoke likes it, support is fragmented. All ATC groups tell me they are working on SDK's. 

8 minutes ago, europe.au said:

Any news about the the inclusion of a master template in the paint kit?

Yeah, will happen but not next month probably. With close to 2500 repaints available on our forum I think I can honestly say it should not cause a massive issue.

3 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

And regarding the sounds, I must admit that after all those real-life A330 videos I've seen during the past few days, especially the loud sounds of the gear doors opening were very hard to be ignored. And since the A320 has noticeable gear sounds in the cockpit as well,

Again, if we get solid information that you (human ears and not microphones) hear them in late model cockpits we might reconsider.. To be honest, we got much bigger fish to fry at this moment.

• Like 2

You know an A330 (or any airliner as far as I know) is not allowed to take-off without this being in PRINTED (so paper) form on the flight deck? 

20191122.jpg

5 minutes ago, austrian niki said:

if the A330 will be for FSX as well...

Aerosoft will hopefully not waste dev resources on a sim that is dead as can be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, austrian niki said:

I know nobody can hear this question anymore, but have you made a desicion yet, if the A330 will be for FSX as well...

Thanks and sorry for asking this question the 6273846 time...

Mathijs has said that the it's highly unlikely the A330 will be developed for FSX.  Nobody knows the future, and as you might be aware Microsoft turned the entire flight simulation community upside down and shook it about 100,000,000 times and then banged it against the wall about 50,000 times just for good measure by jumping back into the flight simulation world, making everything even more uncertain than it already was.  Not to mention that a few months ago they pulled back the rights to FSX Steam Edition (FSX:SE) and they recently published a new Beta of that platform.

Sorry though, o ur magic crystal ball does't see that far into the future and even if it did Microsoft surely has an updated version of that too.  In other words... probably no A330 for FSX, but if the market exists in the future then maybe so.  Rest assured that this is something Aerosoft keeps an close eye on, and we'll be the first to let the community know if we decide to develop high end airliners for FSX again.  Such news will go out so fast it will have smoke and flames coming off it and will shock most everyone in flight sim.

I just don't know what else can be said on this topic.

Best wishes!

I was curious about flight range today and looked at some range maps from different cities.  I think this flight had a minimal passenger load,  but it was pretty impressive coming across references like this.

Qantas has made the longest flight ever by an Airbus A330-200 - nonstop from Toulouse, France, to Melbourne, Australia - covering a distance of almost 17,000 km in a flight time of 20 hours and 4 mins.

vor 3 Stunden , Detail50 sagte:

I was curious about flight range today and looked at some range maps from different cities.  I think this flight had a minimal passenger load,  but it was pretty impressive coming across references like this.

Qantas has made the longest flight ever by an Airbus A330-200 - nonstop from Toulouse, France, to Melbourne, Australia - covering a distance of almost 17,000 km in a flight time of 20 hours and 4 mins.

Yes, but that was an A330-200. The A330-300 (which is the model Aerosoft developed) has almost 2,000 kilometres less of range than the -200. And of course the 17,000 km on that Qantas flight were achieved with a light load, usually the -200 has a range of about 13,400 km.