Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Unfortunately, as now customers, having no clue what they are talking about, expect more and more things that are totally unrealistic. They want to hear/see things a passengers sees/hears, but not a pilot. So maybe they should look for a "passenger simulation" instead of a flight simulation.

It is an ever increasing issue where high-end users who do understand that you do not hear the main gear in an A380 cockpit are juxtaposed to less experienced users who extrapolate their own experience in the cabin combined with YT videos onto add-ons. There is no way you can placate both these customers in the same product. We will always try to get things as much as possible as the crews experiences it. But not to the point where 25% of customers does not understand why they do not hear the engines. Not to the point where we get hundreds of support calls asking for the barking dog and flaps to be heard on the flight deck. 

It goes way beyond sound. Every pilot will tell you that after a 5 hour flight the flightdeck is as least as messy as the cabin is. Yesterday I got an image from an xxxx A330 flight where the flight deck looked like a McDonalds (that's not a great compliment to your catering department). Burger wrappers, small ketchup things and giant cokes everywhere. That's a real cockpit. Many pilots have high end cameras somewhere, they all have smartphones in sight and many these days have e-readers. They are not robots, they are humans. Almost like you and me. They are on the flight deck for hours upon hours. it's where they work. 

And yet, in almost every add-on the flight deck is a sterile environment. No bits of paper (even thought before taxi there are at least 6 bits of paper visible in EVERY cockpit, stuck between levers or under clips), no trash bags, no toys on the way to their kids that they HAVE to show to the others... They drink coffee, read a newspaper, have a croissant (and we all know you can only eat half of those, the rest ends up on your shirt and the ground), talk about their gardens and boy/girl friends.  We really try to change that idea. We have hundreds of photos our friends made  of the flight deck as it is used. And we implemented a tiny fraction of that. A cup of coffee.... and even that caused massive reprisal from people who believed that has nothing to do with flight simming or realism. When we say flying an A320 on your own is simply illegal and that crew coordination is major part of their training, they claim they are more than capable of doing the job of two highly trained professionals on their own.

I am just not sure what they are simulating.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, BudSpencer said:

I don't think so. So, whoever wants to turn off the sounds can do that. And whoever wants not to leave the cockpit at any time of the flight might do so, but at least I'm happy with "no-headphones"-sounds, wing views and an awsome model. Or why else has Stefan posted all those beautiful air-to-air screenshots that a RW pilot would never see like that?! ;)

That's not really the point - and I'm sorry for jumping in.

Aerosoft is modelling the sounds environment after what the pilot/occupants can hear and experience in from the cockpit - not in seat 24A.

This has actually been discussed, asked, debated and answered multiple times over the years... all with the same results.

Insanity is defined as doing the same action over and over, and expecting different results... ;)

• Like 1

vor 33 Minuten, BudSpencer sagte:

... Or why else has Stefan posted all those beautiful air-to-air screenshots that a RW pilot would never see like that?! ;)

You re right. A RW pilot never see his plane air-to-air. But he see the plane on every outside-check ;)

2 minutes ago, keenrw said:

What about including both sound packs and letting uses select which ones they want to use via the config tool ? that way everyone will be happy i guess 

I think you missed part of my post, would you be so kind to read it again?

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am just not sure what they are simulating.  

Neither do they!

1 minute ago, davidnorfolk96 said:

So how will the discount work then? I bought them from your shop. Will it automatically get discounted when I add the 330 to my basket or is there a code i put in?

I'm sure it will be just like all of our other products... put in the serial number for a qualifying product and you'll get the discount.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davidnorfolk96 said:

So how will the discount work then? I bought them from your shop. Will it automatically get discounted when I add the 330 to my basket or is there a code i put in?

It will be all detailed out on the product page, once you are able to purchase the A330. Just like it is for every other product in the shop, e.g. the Aerosoft A320/A321 professional:

image.png

• Like 1

I know this was already discussed, but will the paint kit feature a master template? It was mentioned that it'd be considered, but it was never a solid answer.

2 hours ago, BudSpencer said:

What is so wrong if some people get a few "passenger things" just for joy and just to leave the cockpit to some areas of the flight where a real pilot maybe wouldn't go to? I mean that's what I enjoy in a simulator: Good systems AND a very nice look. And that's why people like me don't hesitate to pay more money for a very good airplane that can do BOTH, such as the Aerosoft CRJ, the Airbus (most probably), the PMDG planes, the Majestic Q400,.... and so on. I personally fly aircraft in a simulator, because I'm interested in the airplane itself or in aviation in general, not because I like to copy the exact lift of a RL pilot. So I just love to step out of such an airplane in CRZ flight and watch it from different angles in mid-air in sunset over beautiful landscape and enjoy how beautiful the airplane looks - EVEN THOUGH I went through the checklists and did things more "seriously" before takeoff. And I think I'm not the only one in this community. Is that attitude really so bad, that...

I'm sure you're missing the point my friend but only because you're not looking at this from a developer / Project Manager perspective.  Where does one draw the line?  How much does one financially invest in to please people by creating what they expect from sitting in the middle of the cabin?  Also, just how many people are we talking about, and how much will it increase the financial price of the product and how will that affect sales... ? 

No sir, the easiest and least argumentative way to develop an aircraft is to do so as accurately as possible - and doing this usually pleases the greatest percentage of customers and even the few who need to have it explained "that's the way it is in the actual aircraft, microphones and recording devices pick up sounds the human ear wouldn't hear except during playback from a recording, frequency deafness that most everyone over the age of 21 has one way or the other, etc., etc. etc...."  the vast majority of people are usually content with that.

So to be clear, what I'm saying is that it's far more complex than people EVER consider, and unless you've served in the shoes of a technical program manager one wouldn't have the experience to fathom all this without an explanation.  In my opinion, Mathijs does an incredible job of walking the line in between realism based sim and what is completely unrealisitic in order to give people want they think something should be and I'm sure he re-evaluates this more than a few times for every product. 

By the way, don't think for a second that we haven't had this same conversation internally with Beta Testers numerous times on every aircraft product - we've debated this until we're exhausted by it.  So by the time we see it in the forums, we've already been around the block with the matter many times over. 

Best wishes!

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

That's not really the point - and I'm sorry for jumping in.

Aerosoft is modelling the sounds environment after what the pilot/occupants can hear and experience in from the cockpit - not in seat 24A.

This has actually been discussed, asked, debated and answered multiple times over the years... all with the same results.

Insanity is defined as doing the same action over and over, and expecting different results... ;)

Well said brother.

On a VERY serious note... we've actually had people formally request a passenger simulator, and with Avatars I've seen people ask for Airport Terminals to be modeled in detail, restaurants, ticket counters, all that.  I"m serious and so were they! 

Flight sim is a crazy genre in which to work, for all sorts of reasons.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Neither do they!

I'm sure it will be just like all of our other products... put in the serial number for a qualifying product and you'll get the discount.

33 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

It will be all detailed out on the product page, once you are able to purchase the A330. Just like it is for every other product in the shop, e.g. the Aerosoft A320/A321 professional:

image.png

Perfect thanks gents 

vor 36 Minuten, DaveCT2003 sagte:

I'm sure you're missing the point my friend but only because you're not looking at this from a developer / Project Manager perspective.  Where does one draw the line?  How much does one financially invest in to please people by creating what they expect from sitting in the middle of the cabin?  Also, just how many people are we talking about, and how much will it increase the financial price of the product and how will that affect sales... ? 

No sir, the easiest and least argumentative way to develop an aircraft is to do so as accurately as possible - and doing this usually pleases the greatest percentage of customers and even the few who need to have it explained "that's the way it is in the actual aircraft, microphones and recording devices pick up sounds the human ear wouldn't hear except during playback from a recording, frequency deafness that most everyone over the age of 21 has one way or the other, etc., etc. etc...."  the vast majority of people are usually content with that.

So to be clear, what I'm saying is that it's far more complex than people EVER consider, and unless you've served in the shoes of a technical program manager one wouldn't have the experience to fathom all this without an explanation.  In my opinion, Mathijs does an incredible job of walking the line in between realism based sim and what is completely unrealisitic in order to give people want they think something should be and I'm sure he re-evaluates this more than a few times for every product. 

By the way, don't think for a second that we haven't had this same conversation internally with Beta Testers numerous times on every aircraft product - we've debated this until we're exhausted by it.  So by the time we see it in the forums, we've already been around the block with the matter many times over. 

Best wishes!

Well said brother.

On a VERY serious note... we've actually had people formally request a passenger simulator, and with Avatars I've seen people ask for Airport Terminals to be modeled in detail, restaurants, ticket counters, all that.  I"m serious and so were they! 

:D

Yes, of course, I've never developed any software. And from the time such projects take, I can imagine how complicated that probably is. I also think for the A330 that line is very well drawn (from what I've seen so far).

It's at least me who will also enjoy engine sounds, air to air views, wingflex and gear animations. Looking forward for the bus!!

24 minutes ago, BudSpencer said:

:D

Yes, of course, I've never developed any software. And from the time such projects take, I can imagine how complicated that probably is. I also think for the A330 that line is very well drawn (from what I've seen so far).

It's at least me who will also enjoy engine sounds, air to air views, wingflex and gear animations. Looking forward for the bus!!

Thanks my friend, I agree!

14 minutes ago, Eliott Cremers said:
Hello, I heard that the A330 will be released in December. Is that true?

The pinned post at the top of the page has the information you need :)

On 11/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, Eliott Cremers said:
Hello, I heard that the A330 will be released in December. Is that true?

First, welcome to our forums!  We're happy you've joined us!

For your convenience, we've posted the release information in a pinned post at the top of the forum.

Again, welcome to the forums!

4 minutes ago, alivo2k ^-^ said:

I bought the busses via simmarket, will we get a discount as well? 

Since they have an upgrade price today I assume there will be something similar. Not sure about their prices though.

If your purchasing through the Aerosoft website and have a discount voucher/ID from a previous A320 family purchase, make sure you add it before checking out. When I purchased the A320 pro having already had the A320 in P3dv3, I couldn't find the area in which to enter the serial key anywhere on their website after searching many many times, thinking it must of been in the last page at check out I clicked checkout and they charged me the full price, I asked if they would offer a refund of the difference I was told bluntly it was my fault and not theirs (sadly it was like talking to a brick wall if I am honest) so they refused. Kind of spoilt the experience somewhat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

Hi guys  how are you today ?

I watched the simflightde a330 that was posted 6 hours ago its awesome but there is something defrent and missing in the callouts there is no V1 callout on the takeoff roll and on the landing roll there is no hundred above for the MDA/DH and the minimum callout is high voice for the A320 when it suppose to be originally low like in the real cockpit also altetude callouts are missing too (2500/1000/500/300) are missing so is it just the first time or is there going to be an update for the A330 ?

also the engine you have on the product is RR will there be an EG engine for the A330 ?

You know when you go to buy a new car you pick a model (which has standard inclusions), and then there's an endless list of options that the salesman is trying to push onto you? Premium speakers, heated seats, sports package, etc... ? 

It's the same when you buy an Airbus ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

are missing so is it just the first time or is there going to be an update for the A330 ?

No they are not missing.  They are optional on the real A330 and most airlines do no have them.

• Upvote 1

But also a lot of Airlines have them!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No they are not missing.  They are optional on the real A330 and most airlines do no have them.

I'm honoured to finally meet you Mathijs kok I really have much to ask you on other subjects if aerosoft can do. 

Ok , so about the A330 you said they are optional did you mean the V1 and the altetude callouts including hundred above ?

And when I  heard the minimum callout in the test flight that was posted it's a high voice like the A320 /A350 /A380 , not low like the A330 or the A340, please check on the YouTube for A320 and A330 for landings you will find the minimum callouts sounds are different than then the other. 

Also I saw on your video post that that the engine is RR type , is there an EG type for the A330 or is it optional too or just RR type ?

• Upvote 1

At this moment only RR engine.

We tend not to use YT too much for reference, we actually made our own sound recordings in a late model A330.  But these are standard wav files so if they are so important to you it should be dead easy to replace them with what you prefer.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:56 PM, marcusjm said:

That guy usually posts stuff on YT as well, might end up there later.

I did find it on twitch,  but you have to subscribe to his Flight Simmer channel to watch it.   Like to see the A330 test flight,  but not that bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

And what about the minimum callout ? Have you seen on YouTube the real cockpit landing between the A320 and the A330 ? 

The sounds are different the A320 is high and the A330 is low .

That's totally incorrect. It depends on the software version installed in the Airbus. Just like on the 320. Please get the facts correct before posting "have you seen on YouTube the real cockpit landing". You can safely assume when developing an addon a developer does know what the real aircraft does and what not.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2