Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

9 hours ago, BrianThePilot said:

Just a quick tip for those of you who keep on asking about whether the A330 is going to come out before Cross The Pond for the reason of what routes to take. I suggest doing what I did. Choose a route that operates another plane in your hangar and the A330. I just booked JFK - LHR and I'll fly the BAW B744 or B77W. And if the A330 comes out before then, I'll do the Virgin Atlantic A333 op from JFK-LHR so I can still do a realistic route with the correct aircraft type with my booking and only just change my callsign in my booking to Virgin Atlantic.  That's all I can come up with for now. Just thought this would help with anyone who has been planning the same thing I have. 

Have a good flight with your B744!

• Like 1

Yes, but you HAVE to keep in mind that at least one layer of textures is missing so the colours are off (and to click to see the images at best res that the forum will do, it does look a lot better on  4k screen). 

This image I made to check some of the very fine details, like the grain of the materials. No idea why airbus uses a fake leather material.

2019-10-7_18-55-44-387.jpg

This image I made to see if Stefan can make the sun screen less 'perfect'. It is a thickish foil, not a screen. As you see I am really discussing minute details at this point.

2019-10-7_18-58-46-631.jpg

Checking some panel details. Note how the text of MCDU1 might be a bit too close to the edges, we might need to look at that. Still 64 fps, not too shabby hey?

2019-10-7_18-59-41-368.jpg

Would you just look at this detail? For Stefan every project is personal.... This is not work you 'pay' for, this is work you hope to get.2019-10-7_19-0-54-631.jpg

The most exciting work at this moment is being done on the EFB. All flows and checklists are done, NavDataPro charts work, they load and display (you can even print them from inside P3D!), soon the display of the aircraft symbol on top of the charts should be done.  After that Navigraph charts will be implemented.  To be honest navigation becomes kind of a joke that way. You just keep the aircraft on the dotted line. As said before the complete EFB is done in modern web format.  Not only because that is a very efficient way of handling this stuff but also because we hope that Microsoft will support this in the new sim. They really like that technology and it works on XBox. So it makes sense to be as up to date as possible.  It also makes it possible to insert your own flows and checklists (they differ massively between airlines) as they are done as pure very simply tekst:

image.png

Allowing the user to tweak this add-on in a very simple way is hugely important. You pay so it is your add-on. Install as much as you want on every system you own. No DRM and we'll do all we can to assist tweaking. If people are interested I can share those flows and checks now. Just let me know.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Awesome, thank you. Just a minor thing, "PREPERATION" is actually "PREPARATION".

Mathijs kok the images look fine and I like them and I'm just waiting for the releas date so I can enjoy flying it .

but after that what comes next ? 

Will there be any improvement ?

will u make the expansion of the aircraft to A340 like blackbox simulations ?

will there also be a neo version of the aircraft ? 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but you HAVE to keep in mind that at least one layer of textures is missing so the colours are off (and to click to see the images at best res that the forum will do, it does look a lot better on  4k screen). 

This image I made to check some of the very fine details, like th e grain of the materials. No idea why airbus uses a fake leather material.

[...]

I read a book about some dude who was into airbus in the early years till 1993. Apparently the today popular cockpit design was made in collab with porsche, who did the design and ergonomics

• Upvote 1

Personally, I would like to look into those checks and flows myself. So since the offer of releasing them has been made, I want to be one of those "interested" 🧐

9 minutes ago, jamiequest123 said:

@Mathijs Kok these pictures of the airbus are looking incredible. I am so excited. Any more of an idea on release date? will it be released before Vatsim Cross the Pond on 26th October? If not this year?

Please read just a few posts up this page...

33 minutes ago, Flyer330 said:

I noticed that you don't have the option to open the 3rd row of exits on the 3rd MCDU, are they emergency exits only?

Exit 3 L&R is an emergency exit, there are two types of exits at this location available from Airbus, a full sized exit door (usually found on the -300) and the smaller sized exit door (usually found on the -200) depending on what the airline chooses when they place their order. Difference in cost is significant.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Hi @DaveCT2003

is this just the -300 series or -343 series? 

cheers

The 343.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The 343.

Perfect since SAS has those :).

4 hours ago, marcusjm said:

Can we hope for some official performance files for PFPX as well? I know they will come eventually but it would

be nice to have some ready for release day.

Already included with PFPX with additional files at AirlinerPerformance

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This image I made to check some of the very fine details, like th e grain of the materials. No idea why airbus uses a fake leather material.

[...]

Those pictures look very nice and thank you for sharing them.   This is probably not possible, but for people who are just learning the airplane is it possible to click on a checklist item and it takes you to the particular control knob, display or switch?

That is something we considered but for many things it makes little sense. It also add a massive complexity we rather not go to. You will have to do it as a real pilot!

Gents, please stop discussing a release date. We have no posted any date for over a year now (and yes these projects take several years) and the only thing we are willing to say is 2019. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

Well can you atleast post any new video like a cold and dark tutorial or any other tutorial 

Its so very similar to the A320 Series that its really not necessary my friend. If you can preflight the A320 you won't have any issues with the A330.

We will likely get another video out after all the textures are complete and a few more things are done.

Best wishes.

1 hour ago, AirbusCG said:

I can't agree with you Dave, there are so many small differences between the A320 and A330.

There's a good reasons pilot have to do quite a differences course when transitioning between the types.

"Similar" was used, I did not say "the same".

Moreover, I'm very aware of what the differences are between these two aircraft, and that many of them are not modeled in the sim ESPECIALLY our sim because we don't modeled anything other than normal procedures.  IF we modeled the MEL and abnormal procedures then sure, but we don't.  So from a flight simmer perspective, our creating a Cold and Dark through Engine Start video is going to mimic the living stuff out of the same processes.  I would not waste my time either creating or watching such a video if I was already familiar with the A320.

Moreover, Airbus intentionally designed these aircraft, even with different ratings, to be highly similar for the very reason I'm speaking about, which is commonality in operation. 

Should you wish to list the differences in the procedures applicable to our Bus, then feel free to open another topic my friend!  It would be most welcome.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alberto-VZLA said:

For each question about a release date, you guys should increase the price by an Euro... You'll be surprised to see how quickly it stops.

Hahaha!!!  I've never heard that, but truly loved that one!

Truth is, we have a love/hate relationship with questions about release dates. Some of us get them almost daily from many diifferent venues so I'll admit that there a part which thinks... "ah man, really? Did you bother reading the post up above?" But then we all realize that the person is simply excited about our collective work and excited to purchase and enjoy it.

I know of no other company in flight sim that has the relationship with their customers like Aerosoft does, and the reason is our Community Manager and Program Manager Mathijs, which is what drew me to Aerosoft a number of years ago.  Mathijs created this amazing bound with Aerosoft customers, so with that relationship comes such questions.

So as I said, a love/hate thing with that question. But at the end of the day I'm very happy we get them, no matter how many times we answer them.

Best wishes my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AirbusCG said:

I can't agree with you Dave, there are so many small differences between the A320 and A330.

There's a good reasons pilot have to do quite a differences course when transitioning between the types.

Mwahhhhh.... sure, but any simmer who can fly the A320 should be able to fly the A330 without much problems. Just like a real pilot would be able to. That we take so much time to make an A330 is that we are also changing a lot in the A320 series, lol.

Update:  Just asked a pilot and it depends a lot on the authority. Can be as little as a week training and some sim rides.  The differences are almost all in abnormals etc and as you know we do not care for those a lot.

2 hours ago, passicfc94 said:

Possible to get a video of the landing gear animation?

When it is done.... it's not a massive priority to use right now.

• Like 1

Hi @Mathijs Kok

how close to reality is the handling of this aircraft? Is it much better than the old aerosoft a320?

No, it's roughly similar. We feel that the handling of that one is pretty solid. Or at least that is what our advisory pilots tell me. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, it's roughly similar. We feel that the handling of that one is pretty solid. Or at least that is what our advisory pilots tell me. 

Mathijis, can I just say thank you. For communicating with your customers.

Thank you.

Mark

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

I did the GSX pushback, but the before pushback checklist list did not run.

Well that's the reason why it is called "Before pushback". ;)

But lets not get in to deep here. If you have a problem open a topic in the correct forum

• Upvote 1