!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We did the last calculations on pricing.... and you don't hear often but it's good news!

• If you buy this you will pay 58.70 euro (plus VAT when applicable). This would be 69.95 euro in German for example.
  • If you own the A320/A321, A318/A319 or the bundle, you will pay 40 euro  (plus VAT when applicable). This would be 47.60 euro in German for example. 

Very nice offer. Now I know this is early still but have you considered something similar to PMDG regarding MSFS2020? 

Btw. Now that MS have begun updating their original FSX again. What if they suddenly introduce a 64bit version, would the pro versions suddenly start working and vice versa? Lot's of exciting potential :).

If anyone wants to see the A330 in action, The Flight Simmer is current streaming it :)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just wondering , have you been able to add Ground Speed mini to the A330? Thats even if the A330 has it......... its one of the features im waiting for for the AS A320 etc

8 hours ago, europe.au said:

If anyone wants to see the A330 in action, The Flight Simmer is current streaming it :)

[...] 

I only see someone flying the pmdg 747.

35 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

I only see someone flying the pmdg 747.

When I posted it, he was flying it. 

Just now, europe.au said:

When I posted it, he was flying it. 

That guy usually posts stuff on YT as well, might end up there later.

59 minutes ago, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

Are you saying that it will be on some time at December 6 ?

As per the pinned post at the top of the thread, yes, the estimated release date is sometime during the first week of December.

2 hours ago, europe.au said:

As per the pinned post at the top of the thread, yes, the estimated release date is sometime during the first week of December.

Thank you

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Caladon Evans said:

Will I be able to apply all 3 of these discounts at check-out?

No, you can only use one discount per purchase. 

3 minutes ago, klisura said:

So the discount for first cfd members was a fake?? Because to be a member of the CFD is assumed to have owned the A320 and therefore already beneficiary of the owner discount....

You can use the discount code for any purchase within the store you want. But it is not possible to sum up multiple discounts in one order.

Once you have used a discount code, it can't be used a second time anymore.

2 minutes ago, klisura said:

Ok but is it possible to benefit of the a320 owner discount and first cfd members discount? It should be I think, otherwise it's a nonsense...

Again, it is not possible to sum up multiple discounts in one order.

You can use the CFD discount code you got for any other order in the Aerosoft shop. Or use the CDD discount code, but not the A320 update.

Thank you for your response.  In regards to the CFD discount when will we receive  it or has it already been sent out ( just realised yesterday that my forums account  has been linked to an email address I no longer have access to due to me using Facebook to sign up therefore I

have never received any forum related emails)

1 minute ago, Detail50 said:

Hi Tom,  just want to reconfirm if I bought the A320/321 bundle from the aerosoft store I will get the discount?

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We did the last calculations on pricing.... and you don't hear often but it's good news!

• If you buy this you will pay 58.70 euro (plus VAT when applicable). This would be 69.95 euro in Germany for example.
  • If you own the A320/A321, A318/A319 or the bundle, you will pay 40 euro  (plus VAT when applicable). This would be 47.60 euro in Germany for example. 

vor 5 Minuten, Delta_Who sagte:

Out of curiosity, will repaints made for P3D carry over to MFS? Or will Aerosoft create a unique model for that sim? More established in making re-paints for X-Plane... but I'd be happy to check this out :D

A bit early to ask, as we dont know how the materials are structured in MFS yet(FS2020 i guess you meant). But of course when porting to this new platform it is strongly considered to make the work for repainters as easy as possible.

1 minute ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

A bit early to ask, as we dont know how the materials are structured in MFS yet(FS2020 i guess you meant). But of course when porting to this new platform it is strongly considered to make the work for repainters as easy as possible.

Understandable. Although I would imagine the base diffuse textures remaining the same? (Unless for some reason you opt to change the UV layout :D). Still looking forward to this release, and more than happy to re-paint textures if needed.

vor 33 Minuten, Delta_Who sagte:

Understandable. Although I would imagine the base diffuse textures remaining the same? (Unless for some reason you opt to change the UV layout :D). Still looking forward to this release, and more than happy to re-paint textures if needed.

Diffuse textures are called AlbedoMaps in the PBR-age . They are a bit different to the diffuse maps we used in past. For example AmbientOcclusion layers to mimmick diffuse shadowcasting of indirect lighting is completely removed from the

"color" maps and now resides as a green channel layer in the MetalMap. The reason for this is, that AmbientOcclusion is now dynamicly faded away when the surface receives direct lighting from the sun or moon.

Changes in the UV layout are not planned yet and of course would be fatal for the re-use of older paintkits.

• Like 4

About the sound-question from Mathijs; in my opinion that is the sound that most simmers want to hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpuGSNMAltg&t=18s

As far as we know the new sim is really based on very modern game design standards. For example it will probably work a lot with decals etc. All in all things will not get easier for repainters for sure. We will do all we can to make things easy though.

1 hour ago, pluto7777 said:

About the sound-question from Mathijs; in my opinion that is the sound that most simmers want to hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpuGSNMAltg&t=18s

I agree, that's what customer want and that's what they will get. HOWEVER..... look at the video and see that the crew wear noise canceling headphones (very good ones).

image.png

So what they hear is something totally and utterly different, there are some hints of the engine and a trace of wind but overall it is not what the video sounds like, not even close. 

We have discussed doing a sound set with that in mind and tested it on 12 users and two real pilots. It was extremely realistic, it was actually recorded INSIDE the headphones! The two pilots said it was dead on, the twelve users (all of them!) said it was shite. They could not hear the engine and they considered it very unrealistic. So again, as I said with sound we do not deliver realism but we deliver what customers expects.  

Remember the F-16 project?  The pilot wears a massive helmet with 7 (!) layers of sound dampening. And customers insisted it should sound as they heard it at airshows. It does now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

look at the video and see that the crew wear noise canceling headphones (very good ones).

Of course. Sound is unbearable after a few months on the job.

Thx for the quick response !    I like the roaring sound that comes in at 1'26''  this is the sound inside the 330 cockpit as real as it can be, and indeed,  this captain uses the very good Bose noise cancelling headphone, probably because he is no longer a big fan of cockpit sounds after a few hundreds of take-offs in this machine. Anyway for the guys that want to simulate the Bose headphone sound inside the cockpit; not so difficult; put the sound sliders almost to off... because this is what noise cancelling does... but i cant wait to buy this Aerosoft 330 version, and i will put the Bose sound to on, but it will be my Bose Lifestyle dolby-surround system...

32 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So again, as I said with sound we do not deliver realism but we deliver what customers expect. 

Unfortunately, as now customers, having no clue what they are talking about, expect more and more things that are totally unrealistic. They want to hear/see things a passengers sees/hears, but not a pilot.

So maybe they should look for a "passenger simulation" instead of a flight simulation.

• Like 6