Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

Can I just ask what pc specs was used for the first stream?

Noticed that the simulator settings look to be set to low but there was still heavy stuttering especially during the approach.

Just trying to gauge possible performance on my hardware.

Missed the broadcast of mattdavies and it is not possible to watch past vods without being a subscriber, so I cannot gauge based on that.

Dave said he was on a 4770K@4.5Ghz and a GTX 1080 running 4K

• Like 1

Yea. I can’t watch without paying for a 5 dollar subscription. :( I guess I’ll just have to wait until the plane comes out

• Upvote 1

Will the A330 have the same A320

logic based on fps, meaning it can go out of control if fps goes below 18?

2 hours ago, Shomron said:

Will the A330 have the same A320

logic based on fps, meaning it can go out of control if fps goes below 18?

Yes, hardware demands will be about 10% higher (mainly due to the EFB) and we still work on a frame by frame base that gives us much better performance but comes with the drawback that it demands a good framerate to work.

Little question about sounds, are they still WIP ?
I noticed on different streams that the engine start is pretty low but IRL, RR TRENT 700 are pretty loud (on spool up and start up) and vibrating in the whole cabin.
(Maybe it was the streamer sounds settings that where low but I just want to have an official answer)

Thanks ;)

• Upvote 1

Sound levels are always difficult.... do you do them as customers expect them (so as it sounds in the cabin), do you do them as pilots hear them (much softer and many sounds like main gear, flaps etc, are simply not heard) or do you do them as the pilots hear them with headphones (often noise canceling) on?  We'll ask our advisory pilots for advise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sound levels are always difficult.... do you do them as customers expect them (so as it sounds in the cabin), do you do them as pilots hear them (much softer and many sounds like main gear, flaps etc, are simply not heard) or do you do them as the pilots hear them with headphones (often noise canceling) on?  We'll ask our advisory pilots for advise.

First, thank you for your answer. I certainly can understand that sound are complicated because every single person has his own expectation.
Concerning gear,flaps etc I totally agree : they are not heard or really soft but speaking of engines they are pretty loud in the cockpit (I’m not a pilot but had the chance to make some flights in the A330-343 cockpit). Especially spool up. Maybe I can search for a sound footage if you want.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:06 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I assume you are talking about the semi intelligent co-pilot. It has been a massive struggle to make that work with GSX (we need to recode for ever change it does) and that why there are so few add-on aircraft that do it. I'll be honest and say that if we know it would cost so many hours I would have stopped that whole development. But if you have an issue with it now, please use the correct support forum. I do not see what you report as an open issue so it seems it is something that does not affect all people.

That code is (apart from the difference per aircraft) the same as it is in the current A320. It's being worked on continuously however. See this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHFKcw1Wy60

I'm using GSX less and less, since most of it's functions take so much time.   I do like their pushback routine though in the way that you can direct the plane to a spot.   Are there any plans in the new plane to go closer to that type of pushback routine?  I wish we could have this functionality in the plane as from time to time GSX seems to screwup the checklist sequence at this point and there is no way to recover from that.

I have not experienced any issues with the 320/321 at least. I like the immersion factor. But, I still hope MS builds in such features from start. I think they will go for immersion and this is probably part of it.

Personally I love the co-pilot and I really hope Aerosoft sticks with it, even for the MS versions of the addons. Yes, FS2Crew is even better but I never felt compelled to buy it for the buses, the built in is good enough for me.

For those who can't fly online, this is a great immersion factor. Some say it is a good tutorial but personally I like the illusion of having a co-pilot since you would never ever fly these beasts alone :). 

I just wish they add it to the CRJ some day, would make me breathe easier in landings :D.

I agree, I really like the co-pilot emulation in the baby buses.

I also use Pilot2ATC, and it has a similar co-pilot function, where the FO will perform some of the interaction with ATC.  It is nice not having to do everything in one of these aircraft as they can be a handful to solo -- and as mentioned, that's not done in the real world.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mi opinion:   "The sounds are there, even if you cover your ears"

Today simming is very advanced, i mean, lot of tech accesories available.  Most pilots use wireless headsets to communicate with ATCs or wired too, like in real life.  No matter if wired or not, i bet you love to hear the gear sounds and engine sounds out of your speaker system, like in real life will happen.... In the other hand, when you are not wearing headphones you hear those sounds like if not wearing any headset at all in real life, so your aircraft sounds are there.....

When i fly the Cessnas with mi personall heatset even stall warning sound sometimes is difficult to hear..... but, it is there.....  it sounds in the cabin, not in the headset...  May be a different approach... 👌

Just adding some thoughs to the conversation.  

Happy Flying!

6 minutes ago, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

So can we talk about the release date ? 

When do we expect it to be released ? In 10 days or 2 weeks or 3 ? 

Just scroll up this page and read the very first and recommended post ;) 

For those who missed the live stream by Dave, is there a recording or something?

Seems like the content was removed

@Mathijs Kok I Just had a query, since the later A330-300's have an option of including the Centre Wing Tank to boost fuel capacity to nearly 36700 US Gallons instead of the usual 26500 US Gallons, is that option being modelled as well or are you still on the Vanilla A330-300 with the older tank configuration? This is important to me as I plan to fly some really long flights with your A330's like ZRH-LAS, JNB-LHR, CTU-LHR, etc. 

We are modeling the standard tank layout (as it still being delivered btw), the Centre tank is an option.

vor 31 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are modeling the standard tank layout (as it still being delivered btw), the Centre tank is an option.

So we can choose the centre tank too?

No, sorry I was not clear. it is an option in the real aircraft and not an 'older model'.

4 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Just scroll up this page and read the very first and recommended post ;) 

Morning,  remembering the 2 weeks advance notice comment, there are only a couple of days left in the first week in December.

• Upvote 1

In every technical specs I only found 139 litres max fuel for an A330-300

1 minute ago, Detail50 said:

Morning,  remembering the 2 weeks advance notice comment, there are only a couple of days left in the first week in December.

I am curious: for what do you need a "2 weeks in advance notice" if you know the anticipated release time frame is the first week of December? 

• Like 2

I thought we were going to get a 2 week from release notification,   that is what I remember from some past posts

• Upvote 2

Expect to lose about 10% of fps on average. It all depends a lit on what you see at the moment.

We did the last calculations on pricing.... and you don't hear often but it's good news!

• If you buy this you will pay 58.70 euro (plus VAT when applicable). This would be 69.95 euro in Germany for example.
  • If you own the A320/A321, A318/A319 or the bundle, you will pay 40 euro  (plus VAT when applicable). This would be 47.60 euro in Germany for example. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6