If you want a Honeycomb Alpha for Christma you better order fast because we are quickly running out of stock!

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Hi guys, I am sure this one has been asked and answered before but couldn't find any info on it. Will both metric and imperial weights be modeled on this one?

6 minutes ago, cosnowboarder_777 said:

Hi guys, I am sure this one has been asked and answered before but couldn't find any info on it. Will both metric and imperial weights be modeled on this one?

yes

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

My friend,

If you've been following the development, then you already know the answers to your questions, and you know that what you wrote is not even close to being accurate.

1. As has been stated countless times (and those following the development know all too well), Aerosoft intends to release the product this year.  This information is included (even recently) in this thread.

2. The A330 has NOT been under development for years.  As has been clearly stated countless times over, the development process was to first release and update the A320 Professional Series, and then start work on the A330, and given that they use many of the same files, we planned for this to speed up development of the A330 and it's done just that.  The lions share of the work on the A330 has been done THIS YEAR, and we also intend to release THIS YEAR.  We've shared all of this information from the start of the Airbus Professional Series, including when it was originally announced.

I will take you at your word that you've been following the development, therefore I have to assume you're merely trolling and will take the appropriate action.

Best wishes!

No, I am not a troll.  I've been active in the flightsim community for many years and have developed a number of freeware sceneries for FSX.  I have also purchased several Aerosoft products over the years and have always been impressed with the quality of the products.

The language I used in my critique was overly harsh and for this I apologize.  My criticism, i.e. that development of the A330 has been excessively slow, I still believe is valid.  I have indeed been following this thread, and the original deleted one, about the A330 development, for *years*, although I admit that I have not read every single post and I have not read any posts over the last several months.  Frankly, I became so disillusioned with the constant delays of release that I simply gave up and stopped following as it was always the same old teases but nothing ever concrete.

My memory isn't perfect, but I am 99% certain that developers in the original A330 forum stated that it would be released in 2018, but then it was delayed yet again.  Moreover, the A330 development forum has existed for several years.  The internal knowledge that you have that it has only been in actual development this year, well, I and others could not know this, so I take offense to you essentially calling me a liar.

I really hope that you do release it before year's end as I will be an enthusiastic buyer.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dave2017 said:

No, I am not a troll.  I've been active in the flightsim community for many years and have developed a number of freeware sceneries for FSX.  I have also purchased several Aerosoft products over the years and have always been impressed with the quality of the products.

The language I used in my critique was overly harsh and for this I apologize.  My criticism, i.e. that development of the A330 has been excessively slow, I still believe is valid.  I have indeed been following this thread, and the original deleted one, about the A330 development, for *years*, although I admit that I have not read every single post and I have not read any posts over the last several months.  Frankly, I became so disillusioned with the constant delays of release that I simply gave up and stopped following as it was always the same old teases but nothing ever concrete.

My memory isn't perfect, but I am 99% certain that developers in the original A330 forum stated that it would be released in 2018, but then it was delayed yet again.  Moreover, the A330 development forum has existed for several years.  The internal knowledge that you have that it has only been in actual development this year I and others could not know, so I take offense to you essentially calling me a liar.

I really hope that you do release it before year's end as I will be an enthusiastic buyer.

Thank you.

If you want it exact,  it was first announced for a December 2015 release.
Then LM released a 64bit simulator for which a majority of the code had to be rewritten, then it was decided that the A330 shall not simply be a copy of the A320 code, etc.

Literally the only difference between Aerosoft and other developers in the respect of development time is that Aerosoft announces their projects rather early and communicate about them totally open and honest. I know of more than one developer who simply keeps deleting any criticism from their forums.

Developments may seem longer in Aerosoft but that's simply only because projects are announced very early.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Not directed at the poster above in any way but it is funny how it is almost always the same people complaining about products being delayed that then rant about product being released too early and too buggy. It never fails. Just look at any random steam page or the fselite comments pages. 

Software development is complicated and will always require lots of planning before you even write your first struct ;).

It is also very costly which is why I never understand how some can complain about pricing for obvious niche products.

I don't expect this product to be bug free but I do rely on AS to take exactly the time they think is right before releasing this to us, the customers. Can't wait to take off from m newly purchased Dublin Airport :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

For now, many more Chinese aviation fans buy the FS software(X-Plane11 and P3D) and the plugins(airplanes and the scenery). About your comment, I think u have a little “racism”

We at Aerosoft are firmly against any form for racism and it will never, not EVER be tolerated in our house (Aerosoft Forums). 

I read the post in question, and I didn't think it had any racism based content.  As someone who is formally educated in computer security, I can tell you that a very high percentage of malware and computer based attacks do indeed originate in China (if you run a firewall, check your log!).  That's not racism, it's just fact.  Moreover, many people who deal with Malware will tell you that malware originators around the world often use Chinese characters (for a lot of reasons), which is why I believe @marcusjm said what he did

You are not only right, but most welcome to challenge any post here that you feel may be racist.  But in the future, we would appreciate you using the "Report Post" feature (located in the top right of the post window), which will allow for us to deal with this outside the forum and more importantly it will ensure the matter gets a LOT  higher level of attention.

Thank you again, and my very best wishes.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Time to get back on topic and close the discussion about piracy protection and sources of pirated software. We all have Mathijs' statement on behalf of Aerosoft on copy protection and there's no need to question/attack/counter-attack/reply on it.

• Like 3

The A330 has a unique landing experience in that the touchdown of the rear wheels happen in 2 stages and causes the airplane to behave differently than most, i hope you will capture that immersion both visually as well as from a physics/dynamics POV

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, patstan said:

The A330 has a unique landing experience in that the touchdown of the rear wheels happen in 2 stages and causes the airplane to behave differently than most, i hope you will capture that immersion both visually as well as from a physics/dynamics POV

Does this affect how you flare as well?

11 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Does this affect how you flare as well?

Absolutely not, you don't even notice it in the real plane according to our advisors. It's one of those simmer'isms once again. People tend to see the videos and think it has to have an influence. It doens't.

• Like 2

Just now, Emanuel Hagen said:

Absolutely not, you don't even notice it in the real plane according to our advisors. It's one of those simmer'isms once again. People tend to see the videos and think it has to have an influence. It doens't.

Aha thanx. It's one of those things I seem to have to train forever to do right :).

8 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Aha thanx. It's one of those things I seem to have to train forever to do right :).

The trick is not to look at the instruments at the end, but to look at the end of the runway from about 50ft and then to fly it down by feeling.

Doesn't take too long to get right if you know the right procedures.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

The trick is not to look at the instruments at the end, but to look at the end of the runway from about 50ft and then to fly it down by feeling.

Doesn't take too long to get right if you know the right procedures.

Yeah. Unless I am flying a Q400 then I am desperatelly trying not to blow my tiers also :D. Dash and CRJ.s make me genuinely afraid of landings. Airbus makes me feel more safe.

2 hours ago, MatthiasKNU said:

I'm just curious:

I was flying with the A330 four times so far. All the 4 landings the touchdown was very, very smooth (compared to touchdowns of A319/20/21).

Does this have something to do with the split landing gear, or was it "only" the flying skills of the crew?

Could just be that the pilots were really good, but also, one thing to compensate, the A330 gear sags waaay more than most aircraft like comparing to the 777, 757, 767, 787, etc. therefore if you flare, the bottom gear will touch and once spoilers start rising and converting the aircraft weight from the wings to the gear, the rest of the body will gradually go down. That’s one thing why the black box flare logic is completely screwed on their aircraft. If you’ve ever tried the 30 minute or so free demo, try out the flare logic. You pretty much bounce like 10 feet in the air after touching the ground. 

I've just read back a few pages. First point - as an existing customer, their conduct reaffirms that I will buy the A330 (I'll be returning to long haul as the longest flight I sim these days is 2-5 hours :) )

Just one question; you mention a lot of code is shared with the A320 series - does this mean there will be an update to the A320 series on release of the A330 ?

Thanks

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Good Morning, what level of video or tutorial will be available on how to use the new EFB?

A manual will be supplied. Video tutorials are not really AS's forte. But who knows....

50 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Good Morning, what level of video or tutorial will be available on how to use the new EFB?

Sure, but it is basically a useless manual as I am 100% sure you will be able to use all functions without a manual!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Mathjis. As a followup question to the time speed. How load/save friendly will it be? I have noticed that the pro versions of a320/21 are much more load/save friendly than

my earlier steam versions were.

Nothing worse than coming to an Approach after 7 hours and bam CTD :).

There should be no problems at all loading a flight from autosave with the A330.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Secondator said:

There should be no problems at all loading a flight from autosave with the A330.

Wonderful news. Thank you.

20 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Mathjis. As a followup question to the time speed. How load/save friendly will it be? I have noticed that the pro versions of a320/21 are much more load/save friendly than

my earlier steam versions were.

Nothing worse than coming to an Approach after 7 hours and bam CTD :).

Very close to what you experience with the A320 Pro, you likely will not be able to tell the difference.\

Major differences between 64-bit and 32-bit, I doubt you need to worry about it.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 2:24 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Very close to what you experience with the A320 Pro, you likely will not be able to tell the difference.\

Major differences between 64-bit and 32-bit, I doubt you need to worry about it.

That is great to hear. I have had some issues with other Airplanes but the Airbus works great with this. I have ProATCX as well and that allows for reload from situations. Just tried it and it worked perfectly.
This is much more of a concern with long flights I think :).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, klisura said:

The A330 will be released with the new ND planned for A320 too or it will be implemented in the future?

I believe the ND is virtually identical at this moment. Could it be you mean the PFD? If so that is work in progress.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I believe the ND is virtually identical at this moment. Could it be you mean the PFD? If so that is work in progress.

Maybe it was PFD, but I remember that ND too was under developing for 2d pop up. I hope it can be implemented soon

On 10/21/2019 at 11:48 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

And believe me, that's high end.... Some of our very reputable testers (actually real pilots) called it the probably 'the best aircraft release in 2019 so far'.

are you talking about CRJ on this post?