Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, we have the delivered. BUT we are still working on including the typical whining sounds. That can't be done using the standard sounds so we need to use our own sound engine to do it.  Most likely it will be triggered by an increase of N1 from a low N1. Complex stuff.

Are you referring to the "Trent Howl" in this video? I know it is trivial but I am greatly looking forward to this sound!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes that's the one. It is pretty tricky to find all the circumstances it is heard. Also seems to be influenced by temperature.

Very interesting. I've often wondered what it is about the Trent 700 that causes that sound.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Support for Navigraph is being worked on right now, but due the fact we are using web based technology it is a bit more complex.

Ah ok. Might be worth switching anyway due to their new terms.

From the stream it looks like the plane is almost ready to go. With some bug fixes here and there. You can always add fancy stuff later.

28 minutes ago, davidnorfolk96 said:

Is December still set in stone or there a chance of an earlier release?

Oh no.... The CRJ is first and needs good attention.

6 minutes ago, Max Hil said:

I would like to know, if it will work with FSX SE?

No and we do not plan that. 

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Very exited about the A330, waiting for the release impatiently. I saw today the stream on twitch and I was surprised when the FMA indicated A.FLOOR at about FL280, suddenly lost speed. Is the reason known Mathijs ?

16 minutes ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

Is the reason known Mathijs ?

Poor pilot skills? ;)

Watching the new stream with MattDavies now. It's very thorough I have to say.

The benefit with these "pro" streamers is that you get an honest look with both plus and minuses. This gets me more excited about the Product.

7 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Watching the new stream with MattDavies now. It's very thorough I have to say.

The benefit with these "pro" streamers is that you get an honest look with both plus and minuses. This gets me more excited about the Product.

As long as they make clear this is beta! Vertical navigation is one of the issues we plan to work on next week.

54 minutes ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

Hello,

Very exited about the A330, waiting for the release impatiently. I saw today the stream on twitch and I was surprised when the FMA indicated A.FLOOR at about FL280, suddenly lost speed. Is the reason known Mathijs ?

Next time, try watching the video AND listening to the Audio. It's helps...A LOT, and will mean that you don't have to ask such questions.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As long as they make clear this is beta! Vertical navigation is one of the issues we plan to work on next week.

I was supposed to write yes but that answer got lost in cyberspace.

Guys,

If you will take the time to listen to the audio of the stream, all is answered.

It wasn't the aircraft. It was me.  Because we were flying a VATSIM event, and the controllers were a bit overwhelmed and started to put me in a situation where the aircraft behind me and one converging with me would have created a conflict, and since I was cleared to a higher level I expedited the climb.  Of course since I'm not flying an real aircraft but actually in my office, and I have a wife who needed something from me a little later on, I left the computer and came back.

Frankly, the reason I stopped streaming for you guys is because of a few comments like this.  I'm now officially done with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Guys,

If you will take the time to listen to the audio of the stream, all is answered.

It wasn't the aircraft. It was me.  Because we were flying a VATSIM event, and the controllers were a bit overwhelmed and started to put me in a situation where the aircraft behind me and one converging with me would have created a conflict, and since I was cleared to a higher level I expedited the climb.  Of course since I'm not flying an real aircraft but actually in my office, and I have a wife who needed something from me a little later on, I left the computer and came back.

Frankly, the reason I stopped streaming for you guys is because of a few comments like this.  I'm now officially done with it.

Just to be clear. I was commenting on this new stream I am watching now. I had no issues at all with your stream. Disregard those awful trolls at FSElite comment section and keep doing what you do. I can't wait to get this baby and any small streams you can do makes the wait easier. Also. I think FSElite is a great site and they do a very good job but some of those comments are simply awful and I hope they get as strict as avsim with moderating. 

• Like 1

@DaveCT2003 I respect what you did, I am absolutely not judging your stream and your way to fly we are almost all amateur. I just asked a question to Mr. Kok, and I didn’t listen well the audio I admit I was busy. Keep doing everything is fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

@DaveCT2003 I respect what you did, I am absolutely not judging your stream and your way to fly we are almost all amateur. I just asked a question to Mr. Kok, and I didn’t listen well the audio I admit I was busy. Keep doing everything is fine.

The VNAV Climb and Descent is the best I've seen in any payware aircraft at release, including PMDG.  On an actual test flight the night before I through everything I could, every mode, changing FMGS in ways that are rarely done, and it handeled them all perfectly.

It should also be noticed that Alpha Floor and TOGA LOCK worked perfectly, just as they should.  We actually force the aircraft into these situations when testing, but I just happened to accidentally go into such a state on that flight as I was pulled away from the computer.... but the aircraft did exactly what it should have.

• Like 3

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that stream Dave. I am fully aware that heathrow is a super heavy airport. I only have the Uk2000 one but it is just as heavy. I won't even try that one

with my first flight. I will stick to my local ESGG Landvetter :).

6 hours ago, Bigt said:

Very interesting. I've often wondered what it is about the Trent 700 that causes that sound.

The engine howl/whistle is caused when different airflows converge. You have the hot fast moving air coming out of the hot side of the compressor merging with the colder slow moving bypass air. You'll notice it most when increasing throttle from idle to taxi. Same thing with the F-104. 

• Upvote 1

Watched Matt Davies stream. I'm really excited and it looks beautiful! However, the APU sounds a bit off. Will there be some editing on it? Still a great aircraft!

So what are peoples first flights going to be? Toulouse to Frankfurt for me after some testing of my own! Thanks to all who are putting in all the work on this....we all appreciate it and cannot wait for release!

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Next time, try watching the video AND listening to the Audio. It's helps...A LOT, and will mean that you don't have to ask such questions.

I watched the recording of the stream,  very good then I realised it was the done at the same time I flew to LEPA lol can even hear myself in it... EZY53NX lol 

7 minutes ago, aplong said:

So what are peoples first flights going to be? Toulouse to Frankfurt for me after some testing of my own! Thanks to all who are putting in all the work on this....we all appreciate it and cannot wait for release!

Something short. Like my own ESGG to make EGKK. I will stay clear of EGLL at least :).

Can I just ask what pc specs was used for the first stream?

Noticed that the simulator settings look to be set to low but there was still heavy stuttering especially during the approach.

Just trying to gauge possible performance on my hardware.

Missed the broadcast of mattdavies and it is not possible to watch past vods without being a subscriber, so I cannot gauge based on that.