Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

1 hour ago, Detail50 said:

Good day,  is there a planned release date established.

Will the 330 have rear cabin modeling?

This year and no, there will be no cabin modelling

2 hours ago, Miguel_V said:

How, the iberia company will not be, one of the ones that covers many flights between Europe and South America and Central America, not to say other countries of the EAST, when many of the components are manufactured in SPAIN?

There could be done many add. liveries. But to avoid blowing up the installer only the mentioned ones will be included. But you can be sure, like for the A31x/A32x many reapints will follow done by others.

And this ends the discussion about repaints.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aplong said:

Could you please advise what doors will be operational? Cabin and Cargo and bulk cargo doors? Could the bulk cargo doors be added also to the A320 series? Even if GSX cant load things in there, it would be a nice addition to be able to open them.

All doors should be functional in thew A330, but keep in mind that GSX2 also has it's limitations. Have you checked out the video published?

5 hours ago, Jackstar275 said:

This year and no, there will be no cabin modelling

Indeed, we focus on the cockpit and really don't care a lot about the cabin.  I am sure there will be another add-on that will costs more that includes a full cabin. Just keep in mind we focus on the job of the PF and PM. That's why we have good framerates and a reasonable price. 

I have a question. Will there be left and right wing views?

About liveries... please do not spam this topic with the liveries you want, we got this one for that: 

We intend to offer a limited amount and  a paint kit and are sure that will result in all the liveries people might want. After all, just look at this:

2019-09-28_21-42-06.png

That's way over 1500 liveries for our older busses.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

2019-09-28_21-42-06.png

And I've also found that the livery manager will convert liveries intended for the 32 bit versions and install them on the 64 bit versions

Mathijs, when will we see a video showing off the landing gear animations?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lukejw20 said:

What will the price of the A330 professional be for owners of the A318/19 and A320/21 professional versions? I read a few pages back that there would be a discounted price for owners of the professional buses unless I'm mistaken.

Price hasn't been announced yet, but when it is, you'll see it here first, so no need to ask again. You can expect a continuation of Aerosoft's longstanding policy of not charging for bits already purchased in the A31x/A32x Professional product (only), which should result in a somewhat lower price for owners of that product. Since the A330 isn't finished yet, there's no basis for trying to account for how much is specific to the A330.

2 hours ago, aplong said:

Could you please point me in the direction of the forum on how this conversion works? I can't get it too work or find the forum. Apologies for going off topic. I'm surprised there is not an Air France livery for the A319/20/21 Professional in the professional livery forum.

All information is provided in the A32S support forum:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/864-repaints-liveries-livery-manager/

• Thanks 1

vor 13 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Could you please advise what doors will be operational? Cabin and Cargo and bulk cargo doors? Could the bulk cargo doors be added also to the A320 series? Even if GSX cant load things in there, it would be a nice addition to be able to open them.

I do not believe that the bulk cargo door will be added to the A320 series. But ss stated by Mathijs already all A333 doors will be operational e. g. can be opened and closed (see screenshor attached). The reason why GSX cannot use the bulk cargo door is quite simple: The A333 dimensions e. g. the distance between the bulk cargo and the aft cargo door are too narrow so that two GSX loaders cannot park on the right position in front of the doors at the same time. Therefore only the two main cargo doors will be used in the GSX A333 configuration.

Regards,

Rolf

A333 Doors.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

I'm glad to see a model coming soon with extended range,  but it's the same cockpit as the 320 I think and no EFB and rear cabin?

It is of course not the same cockpit, just take a closer look on the already shown previews here in this topic. 

I strongly suggest to read a little through this topic before also claiming that there is no EFB.

But yes, the cabin is not modelled, like in no Aerosoft Airbus. 

52 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

But yes, the cabin is not modelled, like in no Aerosoft Airbus. 

Good news though. I am working on a stand alone Passenger Sim addon where you can use an Avatar and sit in the cabin of one of three airliners. There will be a moving map on the seat back in front of you and you can even play a movie on the screen so long as you own the movie.  This Passenger Sim only works for long haul flights though, and the only view you get is out of the passenger window. Bryan at FS2Crew may will program an addon for the Passenger sim to add disgruntled passengers, babies crying (loudly, and you HAVE to listen to it), people complaining about most everything and from time to time a fight, followed by the aircraft diverting, etc.

Of course you can't visit the flight deck or control the aircraft, which makes sense because it's a Passenger Simulator.

I'm laughing pretty hard right now, and having just a little fun with you guys.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

vor 2 Stunden , AirbusCG sagte:

Well, a modelled toilet including flushing and the smoke detectors to check for the cabin crew are also nice to have!

I won't buy without them!

We already had the flushing toilet in the Flight1 ATR back in 2004 (my idea to annoy a forum user who complained about too much bling 😉 ). Old stuff 😉

• Like 1

Regarding the paint kit is there any way it would contain a full fuselage that can then be cut and applied to the required files? I know that would be different from past products but a much welcomed change. Plus I think it might help painters to create liveries a bit easier with possibly more detail. 

Just a humble request. Very much looking for the release of the A330. 

On 9/28/2019 at 3:44 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

About liveries... please do not spam this topic with the liveries you want, we got this one for that: 

We intend to offer a limited amount and  a paint kit and are sure that will result in all the liveries people might want. After all, just look at this:

2019-09-28_21-42-06.png

• Upvote 1

Quick question. I've heard that the range knobs on the 330 aren't linked. Will that be the same for terrain, wx, and vor needles being on the same displays? For example, can I have the pilot flying display show WX, and the first officer display showing terrain?

55 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Hi,  the EFB would be great news.   I had read through all the posts and not seen that,  could you be so kind as to post a link to one that talks about A330/EFB?

TY

Just go a few pages back there are even images etc.

2 minutes ago, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

When do we expect the releas of the A330 ?

You have actually quoted the answer to your question yourself. Just read a few pages back. It has been answered multiple times in this topic, the last time on the previous page.

For your comfort: the answer is this year.

8 minutes ago, bussiedebus22 said:

Mathjis, are you aware there is (betatester?) called Alex or Alexander who has been sharing the A330? There us discussion about that one some discord chat sessions (at least one in Spanish, used Google translate to understand it) but it seems there was also some rather nasty stuff said about you personally.  Probably just teenagers but if you did not know you might need to take some 'corrective' action.

Yep.... Very unsavory affair. I do think we got everybody involved identified now. If they are juveniles we have send letters to their parents explaining what has happened and that I will not pursue minors but they might take their own 'corrective' actions. When they are of legal age we will start a simple procedure. In the country they live this is a very easy matter for us and has some major consequences for the person involved. I have very little reluctance going after people who share beta files.   And indeed,  to show they were not too bright and not very mature, they made fun of my name. Did not REALLY help me to go easy. 

Water under the bridge though (for me). Onwards we go!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, BrianThePilot said:

Well after watching hours of MSFS 2020 content from their convention thing, it seems porting aircraft from P3D shouldn’t be a long drawn task, but we have to remember that there can be problems of porting. For example, textures, PBR differences, etc

We honestly have no idea at this moment. No matter how you look at it though, to make use of new features is always time consuming and just 'making something work' is not our style. So it will always take a few months of work for a smallish team like ours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, klisura said:

So when the wait for the 330 is over, another one will start immediately for the new sim version...

Gotthold Ephraim Lessing said: ""...to await a pleasure, is itself a pleasure"

Quoting Lessing...  That gets you high on my list, big fan. But let's keep things in perspective.... all we seen today was pre-alpha, not even beta. So there is no release imminent. This is clearly a massive project and those do not move very fast. Just imagine the network needed behind it.

Our plans for complex aircraft are like this right now:

• A330 release.
  • Release of a kick ass  high end aircraft we are not able to say anything about.
  • Update the A318/A319/A320/A321 with all the new stuff of the A330. A lot has already been exported but things like the EFB with charts etc still needs to be done.
  • Finalize Connected Flight Deck with matchmaking server etc.

• No bloody idea right now.  That doesn't sound okay but actually it is. We will know more about the schedule of Microsoft Flight Simulator and that will determine a lot. We just know we might be able to work on a whole new platform, with a whole new Microsoft. One that is responsive to our needs etc.  But at the same time we can't see Lockheed and Laminar just sitting still (Dovetails is out for the count), who knows what they will come up with? It is clear that Microsoft has put in a HUGE amount of effort and money in this new project (and I really need a bigger font for that HUGE). But who knows, would not be the first time a much smaller company beats a giant. 

We love all sims. Trucks, trains, aircraft, no matter what. Any new open platform is good for us.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Aviator1985 said:

This might sound a little immature, but right now I am spoiled pretty badly by the new previews. 

Hell no, I feel the same, lol.

5 minutes ago, asturias said:

A380? A350? Perfect¡

Unlikely or less. As has been noted many many times, the necessary technical documentation to make this feasible is not available. Also, the A330 topic isn't the place to suggest new products. Ask here instead (but not about an A350/A380 because it's already been requested and answered as I did here).

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just go a few pages back there are even images etc.

I did find this one if that was the reference

2019-9-18_14-21-1-186.jpg

Nice Nice Nice. Did LM improve something on the LG situation RN?  Also Will we get IRL soundpacks for this at somepoint (like LH cabin announcements in german IDK)?

BTW, I know it's normally up to the repainters but will we eventually get an editor//some tool to edit the reg numbe plates in the VC? I know it's a problem with the A320 mainly but if you have 80+ liveries and you need to edit a dds file for each one of these it might be a bit long. Just saying. 

IF we guess the "kickass aircraft" right can we get it :P? (JOKE)

I suggest that if you want/ have the time for some easter egg to place snake game in the tablet.