Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

7 minutes ago, niklasnowaka380 said:

Any plans on making the A330-200?

..... "We start with the A333 with RR engines but we might expand, nothing decided yet though, a full coverage of all possible models is not our goal.-"

MK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jackstar275 said:

I think the 332 is included 

No sir, the release version will only be the A330-300. In fact, it's the A330-343.

Well after release Aerosoft evaluate if we're able to make other variants of the A330.

Best wishes.

• Like 3

I have some quesstions the first is will the a330 have same flight dynamics like the BlackBox A330? Like you must begin flare at 50 feet and at 30 feet it is impossible to control the plane. The another quesstion is will the a330 come with some SAS and Thomas Cook liverys?

The third quesstion will the a330 come with the enhanced version with airport map?

1 hour ago, rickard.sim said:

I have some quesstions the first is will the a330 have same flight dynamics like the BlackBox A330?

1. It's a different company that does things there own way (plus their A330 is still Beta or actually Pre-Beta).

2. That would possibly violate the copyright on the other A330, so no.  We always do our own, as do all other developers.

The another quesstion is will the a330 come with some SAS and Thomas Cook liverys?

You are just going to have the read the last two pages of this thread my friend. 

The third quesstion will the a330 come with the enhanced version with airport map?

If it's not too much trouble, please read the last page or two of this thread my friend, question was asked and answered.

Many thanks, and welcome to the forum!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, francis16 said:

Oh i see. I guess the jettison tubes on the wing are modeled? 

No, but remember that we only model Normal Operations, which doesn't include dumping fuel.  But there are PLENTY of goodies that are, including ones that you won't find anywhere else, like Connected Flight Deck which allows you to join as a pilot or observe a flight (up to 75 observers per flight) from in the sim during in any phase of flight. Observers  so you can move around the flight deck or internally as you wish.  With our Connected Flight Deck (CFD) you can fly a long haul and do crew change outs with friends if you wish. 

We will publish a complete list of the A330 capabilities as we get closer to release.

Below are a few screen shots (including the wings) to hold you over.

Best wishes!

Screenshot - 8_26_2019 , 8_30_30 PM.png

Screenshot - 8_26_2019 , 8_30_02 PM.png

Screenshot - 8_26_2019 , 8_29_10 PM.png

Screenshot - 8_26_2019 , 8_29_45 PM.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

@DaveCT2003 Great progress of the A330! But when will Aerosoft's model have the ability to alpha the window like PMDG did with their models? I wanted a custom window config on my A330 later

You mean transparent windows?

The windows are very small and it's a widebody. All you could see is may be the back of a seat or a little bit of the sky, if you look at the perfect angle. It's not like a CRJ with large windows and a small body.

7 hours ago, klisura said:

If ever one day it will work, the CFD will surely be the feature that alone will be worth the purchase of the product

Well, it's working, so one day is here!  We are in the process of training up the CFD Captains who will be available on our Discord Server for people to both fly with and join flights as observers.  Our CFD Captains are currently flying with the latest Beta and we've been having great fun with Connected Flight Deck.  There are a few more non-CFD things to get done before we are ready to release the update, but it's coming out soon.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean transparent windows?

The windows are very small and it's a widebody. All you could see is may be the back of a seat or a little bit of the sky, if you look at the perfect angle. It's not like a CRJ with large windows and a small body.

Yes the plugged window,i was wondering if Aerosoft can do what PMDG did with their window model

We experimented but found it simply was not worth the time and additional frames. I never understood why seeing the cabin was a big deal, certainly not when there is never a passenger. We really keep want to keep cost down and fps up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, klisura said:

So is it just me that when I use mcdu I delete everything my buddy wrote and viceversa?

And second question: if the day is here, why CFD is still named "alpha"? 

We need to keep this thread strictly about the A330, so if you'll kind post in the CFD Club, I'll be happy to speak with you more about this.  I can't provide you a link to the Club, just select Clubs at the top of the forum and it will take you directly there.

Many thanks, and Best wishes!

Apologies if this has been asked before (i did a search but could not find the answer) but will the A330 - which we all cannot wait for- have pop out PFD Engine/ECAS and ND so we can read the screen without having to zoom in. The A320 series only has the PFD pop out which is great. For flight planning having a pop out ND would be really useful.

Can you please advise if this will be implemented into the A330 series?

23 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Like many of us, I mainly know real airplanes only in my role as a passenger. Having a cabin in a model makes me able to connect to the part of the plane that I actually know and is one of the reasons why I like Carenado airplanes, for instance. Having said that, I certainly see your point about fps and lack of passengers (but there are sometimes flights with just one passenger aboard). Maybe a photo from inside a plane from 2-3 fixed positions within the cabin,  in which the windows show the outside of your simulated flight, would make it possible to include such a feature without affecting fps too much.

Peter

Thanks for your interest in that aspect of the product but it's outside the design scope. Please let me invite you to the other side of the cockpit door, which is our focus. It's been consistently stated that the objective of the Aerosoft Airbuses is to present the work and view of the flight crew in normal ops. Sticking to that goal, passenger views or anything else passenger related is not planned, especially at this late date in development, so no need for anyone else to ask. Besides distracting from development, anything passenger related costs frame rate that is better spent on reproducing normal ops and a simulation of how an Airbus works as accurate as possible for the price.

• Like 1

As we got not a lot ot report on right now (we are working flat out but more on code behind switches and things like how to model wind effects on the CI resultant speed), I will bore you with some images made by a tester. Shows the PBR work pretty well.

2019-8-28_0-52-53-614.jpg

2019-8-28_1-32-54-45.jpg

2019-8-28_12-27-20-598.jpg

2019-8-28_12-28-13-880.jpg

2019-8-28_2-6-7-400.jpg

This last one is pretty subtle but connoisseurs will see the work.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, aplong said:

Apologies if this has been asked before (i did a search but could not find the answer) but will the A330 - which we all cannot wait for- have pop out PFD Engine/ECAS and ND so we can read the screen without having to zoom in. The A320 series only has the PFD pop out which is great. For flight planning having a pop out ND would be really useful.

Can you please advise if this will be implemented into the A330 series?

Yes that is planned for all our busses.

• Like 1

The PBR really does make a world of difference in terms of realism! Looking great!

Will the nav lights be HD on release or the same as in the last screenshot? Any chance of a short video showing the gear on touchdown? :) 

6 minutes ago, Aaron1 said:

The PBR really does make a world of difference in terms of realism! Looking great!

Will the nav lights be HD on release or the same as in the last screenshot? Any chance of a short video showing the gear on touchdown? :) 

What do you mean by "HD" Nav Light ?

6 minutes ago, blackbird971 said:

What do you mean by "HD" Nav Light ?

Just slightly smaller in size/more defined with less of an 'inflated' look (think QW 787 lights) 

How lights are shown depends, unfortunately, a lot on the graphics card and driver. 

Thanks @Mathijs Kok for sharing these nice pictures.

The EFB looks amazing, can we expect them in the small busses as well, in the future? 🙂

1 hour ago, HB-JHM said:

Thanks @Mathijs Kok for sharing these nice pictures.

The EFB looks amazing, can we expect them in the small busses as well, in the future? 🙂

Most certainly. 

There were also some people asking for a demo of the gear mechanism. Well actually that is one of the things that is delaying the release. As you know the main gear of the A330 is very complex and rather unique. The only way to model this correctly is using InverseKinematics but we would need two additional contact points which simply are not there.  We have spoken abut this with Lockheed and they can't make any promises on that. The only way out of this is to simply start inputting numbers and with loooong experiments get the right animation. Days, perhaps weeks. It's can't be calculated. 

I do not know how this will end, but at least you have some idea of the last issues we are facing.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1