Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Can we see the Landing gear retraction and gear down animations together with the EFB test video? 

For EFB idea, doors, payload and pax, I simply thins it would be better than an external panel or inside the MCDU, that is MY opinion. Like it will be accessible faster than try to go in the mcdu...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

doors, payload and pax

IIRC, they said that the 3rd MCDU on the A330 will be used for the menu items (i.e. the doors, pax, etc.).

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 10:36 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

When Microsoft Flight Simulator released next year it will demand very very serious hardware. We are investing massively in hardware to be ready. 

I like that last sentence 😉   Can't wait to fly the AS  A320/A330 in MSFS which for sure (even if we don't know much yet) will bring something new to our world...   hey after all, we don't need a crystal ball : there's been so much innovation over the last 15 years (FSX-2004) in the "computer world" that it seems logical that a 2020 flight sim will have nothing to see with what we use today.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 4:20 PM, Mace_RB said:

Are you sure about that?  One of the target platforms for Microsoft Flight Simulator is the XBox, and it is not exactly a powerhouse of hardware.

Yep. “XBox” is a brand as well as a platform (hardware console). Go to the XBox website (here) and you’ll see a clear division between “console” and “PC.” When MS uses the term XBox in the trailer and websites for Flight Simulator, they’re referring to the brand, not necessarily the console. Compare the titles made for Xbox One and the ones for PC and you'll see the more graphics demanding ones are for PC. As Mathijs notes, it will take very serious hardware to get the “anywhere” free flight fluid experience you see in the trailer and sample vids you find on the website. I don’t see a console providing that right now. It can for a constrained space in a game, especially a scripted one, but not a flight sim. Also, while there is current mention of MSFS being for the Xbox some time in the future, the current efforts are all on the PC side.

Edit: Just remembered this; here's another big clue - At the bottom of the MS Flight Simulator site, the banner states (image not used because of copyright):

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Windows 10 XBOX GAME STUDIOS

So, Windows 10 PC and not the console at launch. Another clue, if you apply to be a Tech Alpha tester, the qualifying questions apart from your aviation background are all about PC sims used, PC sim peripherals used, time spent on PC sims, download speed of your ISP, and a copy of your dxdiag file. Currently, they say it will be done for the console later, but that's well downstream.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, europe.au said:

IIRC, they said that the 3rd MCDU on the A330 will be used for the menu items (i.e. the doors, pax, etc.).

Yes for now that will stay as it is.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:51 PM, europe.au said:

The AS320 has a system similar to PMDG, where there's a separate menu for doors, fuel, pax and cargo, etc.

Thanks for the info!

vor 10 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes for now that will stay as it is.

Maybe the EFB could used as options panel. Like the Zibo Mod. The third MCDU can be used then for sth else. That would be better for CFD. Or let‘s say more realistic.

Sorry, no plans to change that. Keep in mind that we want the EFB to be also usable on your tablet and it is damned hard to get full access (read and write) to al;l Lvars that way.

• Upvote 2

Ok, was just an idea. But to use it on the real tablet is a great idea👍🏻

Hopefully FS2Crew will have something ready by the time this releases. Would it be a huge task for them to upgrade their previous Airbus versions to this?

I think this will be Aerosofts best Product ever and it would be even better with FS2Crew :).

On 9/22/2019 at 10:30 AM, Herman said:

As Mathijs notes, it will take very serious hardware to get the “anywhere” free flight fluid experience you see in the trailer and sample vids you find on the website. I don’t see a console providing that.     

That was exactly my point. 

On 22.9.2019 at 17:30, Herman sagte:

When MS uses the term XBox in the trailer and websites for Flight Simulator, they’e referring to the brand, not necessarily the console.

Considering how often I see confusion about this, I think that was not the wisest marketing decision.

58 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Considering how often I see confusion about this, I think that was not the wisest marketing decision.

They however officially unambiguously confirmed FS coming out for PC, and PC first and being the priority, pretty much instantly. But I don't know. It seems people rather prefer to practice "Zweckspessimismus" (German expression). Anyway if I understand correctly they do intend to offer an Xbox (the future Xbox generation) version. But whether or not the Xbox version will release, I don't see how anyone can make an assessment of what hardware really is required. More graphics and features doesn't mean it requires more hardware, at least not proportionally (100% more doesn't necessarily require 100% more hardware). Anyway enough off topic. When will the A330 be re..... Just kidding👹

• Upvote 3

On 9/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, no plans to change that. Keep in mind that we want the EFB to be also usable on your tablet and it is damned hard to get full access (read and write) to al;l Lvars that way.

I'd be interested to see more information on this... Bearing in mind that I haven't actually used it yet (obviously...) an in-sim EFB just strikes me as cumbersome - but a tablet-based one could be a game-changer.  I recently purchased a tablet just for simming, I just don't have the app or platform which would amalgamate the charts, OFP, etc.  Without the resources to actually build a home cockpit, the more you have that you can actually touch, I think, increases immersion more than most things that remain to be added on-screen nowadays.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:51 AM, Balogh Ádám said:

Stop development for a professional simulator because of some stock videos about something nobody knows about?!?!?! Even if it has the same level of realism as P3D it will take many-many years for developers to create their add-ons. I do not expect enough serious add-ons before 2025. However, it is also possible that FS2020 is just a game with fancy graphics and zero realism...<snip>...I will surely not restart this before 2025.

Not to beat the dead horse further, but I'm in the camp of cautiously optimistic yet skeptical.  It is, after all, Micro$oft.  I finally cast off the shackles of Windows back in 2008, and it's only due to building a flightsim-only PC a few years ago that I use Windows or any other M$ product for anything outside of work (over which I understandably have no control).  So to me, right now it's more of a curiosity to be admired from a safe distance.  Let's say it's analogous to how I've always wanted to see a tornado.

If anything, I'm more excited by the fire it should light under the extant developers, in particular LR and LM.  And while maybe not as far off as 2025, it's going to be at least a few years before the "more-than-casual" P3D/XP user will be able to jump platforms without losing some deal-breaker aspect that's important to them.  And when that day comes, yes, I agree, sunk costs are sunk costs and move on.  By then I'll have theoretically gotten 5-8 years out of the software purchases, which is acceptable value in my opinion.  Aside from airport scenery, I haven't been buying as much lately anyway - just because there really isn't much more that I need.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

In the end the best looking simulator will get the best most users, so the best add-ons. Always did, always will. You will notice that in 2025 when you are still on P3d V4. 

And if MSFS2020 is all its cracked up to be, I would intend to move over as well.  In the mean time, I do see some perks to lagging behind on an older (read: developmentally stable or mature) release where there isn't always some point update or new best thing that breaks something else.  Until P3D4, I'd always lagged a version behind in my gaming and simming just for that reason.  Being current offers a lot of satisfaction, but it's also a royal P-I-T-A.  Now if this new sim is, by 2025, proven, mature, and with a full suite of available add-ons as required, then yeah, I'd be stupid to keep sitting on P3D4.

Unless, if MSFS2020 is subscription-based.  Deal breaker, I don't care how pretty it is.

I just got a message.One wealthy Chinese said that if the AS330 was released in 2019, he would fund 20 people to buy the AS330!Hope to realize this charity activity, it is up to you guys  

These are very good and transparent news. I'm so glad it's coming for P3D 4.5 (and not only for a possible v5) because now there are almost all important aircraft in high quality compatible for the same good simulator (exept ATRs and the ERJs). It's also very nice to have "official" flows that exactly fit to the cockpit. Also good that there is an option to do it alone, because as long as I'm living in a house with a family and have a lot of work for the job to do at home, I will always fly alone with the option to press "Pause" - even if it's unrealistic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

Thank you Mr.Mathijs, I am very glad about the news. So can you show us a video about the new light in the VC and the EFB functions?

I think next week most of these things will be functional. Right now they are all in separate bits.

Will the external model textures be done in 4K like the cockpit?

You understand 512kb textures can be more detailed than 4k right? It all depends on what area is covered by the texture. The dimensions of the textures say nothing on it's own.