Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

They are dimmable and this is done with the P3D code itself now. No more Reallight. I will post some screenshots later today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

They are dimmable and this is done with the P3D code itself now. No more Reallight. I will post some screenshots later today. 

Reallight and PBR simply will not work together in P3D V4.5. The developers did everything they could to assist but without the help from Lockheed this will not be solved. What we have now has some serious drawbacks (there are artifacts) but looks overall pretty good.

I did the P3D V4.4 > 4.5 upgrade,  but only the Sim, not the scenery and content (still new to flight sim and don't want to make to many changes at one point).   Question is just the upgrade is sufficient to play the new A330?  TY..............................

We will always ONLY release for the very last version of the sim available but the client only should be okay.

11 minutes ago, Adamthepilotkid said:

In the time this plane has been in development.   I have gotten my license.   Held 2 jobs.   Applied to college.  Got accepted to college.    It has been an entire year.   Release the plane already

Wrong, absolutely wrong, completely wrong, so wrong it's HUGELY wrong.

If you'll take a little time and go back through the posts in this thread, you'll see how wrong you are.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Adamthepilotkid said:

In the time this plane has been in development.   I have gotten my license.   Held 2 jobs.   Applied to college.  Got accepted to college.    It has been an entire year.   Release the plane already

For a kid that is not bad! The product has been in development way longer than a year if you understand that all our busses are one looooong project and the A330 is just one of the releases . If you can do it in a year your next job might be with me as project manager! As you seen eager for the release might I suggest reading the very first post?

If you just want to vent, feel free to do so, we'll remove what we see as inappropriate. If you have any valid questions or comment we welcome them!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As far as I know the landing gear is still being worked on. But I am the wrong person to ask as I do all of my landings from within the VC and do not test that part of the code. 

3 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

As far as I know the landing gear is still being worked on. But I am the wrong person to ask as I do all of my landings from within the VC and do not test that part of the code. 

Thank you very much! I am very glad to see those screenshots 

22 minutes ago, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

We would like a demonstration Vedio from cold and dark to takeoff 

why haven't we seen it until now ?

They stated before that videos are very time consuming to make. IIRC, they wish to fully focus on getting the aircraft ready for their ideal release date.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, lcuesta said:

In my opinion, are the cabin textures pbr?  My question is this, do you consume a lot of fps?

Yes sir, all PBR.  I don't notice any frame rate hit, and we still have debugging software running in the Beta.  Performance on my system is pretty much the same as the A320 Series.

My system hardware:  i7-4770K o/c with all 4 cores running at 4.5GHz, GTX 1080 (Vanilla) with 8GB VRAM, 16GB Ram.

Hey, do us a small favor?  When you quote a post that contains screens shots, please delete the screen shots before posting?  This prevents the same images from being posted many times over which increases load times for many users who don't have fast internet connections and reduces our output throughout.  It's something a lot of people forget to consider and quite honestly many people don't realize you can delete quoted graphics before posting, so no harm, no foul. 

Many thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Hao said:

how is your FPS with a330? (just like EDDF)

Hello Thomas!

Well, of course I understand why you're asking, it's a good question.  However the real answer is that it doesn't really matter, and I'll explain why.

First, sitting at the payware Aerosoft Frankfurt Airport (EDDF) just short of 07R with my view from the Captain's seat on the flight deck, during the daytime with party cloudy weather, running Activesky and ASCA and ENVTEX textures, no aircraft traffic, and 20% road traffic, with ORBX Global and ORBX Global Vector running, I get 32 to 36 fps.  If I go to external locked spot view it's pretty steady at 36 fps, spiking every few seconds to as high as 54 fps.

Why my performance doesn't matter to others?  Well, the short answer is that we simply cannot compare performance on different systems - it's just way to inaccurate as there are just way too many variables to consider. The variables I posted in the second paragraph above are just the tip of the iceberg (there are far, FAR more variables to consider). 

Moreover, I recently installed P3Dv4.5HF2 from ground zero (a complete uninstall along with all addons, and then reinstall).  I tested the frame rates of the A330 before I installed all the addons I have, and I was getting over 60fps from the flight deck and well over 70fps in the locked spot view.

First, we have logging/de-bugging software running along with the A330, my P3D graphics settings are at 4K, and my sliders are likely different than yours, I run a 55-inch 4K TV as my primary display along with three 23-inch monitors and all my displays are pushed by a single and vanilla GTX 1080 run with has default settings (see photo below). ZZI can change my P3D graphics settings and increase or decrease my fps while running the A330.

Right now the very best and most accurate answer anyone can provide you on performance is a comparison  of their performance running another aircraft, and for our purposes comparing the A320 Professional Series is about as good as it gets!  So in the end, I believe you can expect roughly the same performance that you get in the A320 to that of the A330, maybe a few frames per second less (but not many).

Because of the many different variables there are to consider, I'm working on a theory that comparing the time it takes to initially load P3D (let's call that PL1), plus the time it takes to load into a payware airport like Aerosoft's EDDF, divided by 2, (so PL1 + PL2 / 2 = PL3) would be the best place to start for comparing performance from one system to another.  So if PL3 is 8 seconds (like it was for me before I loaded all the various addons I have), and my performance was 52 fps on the flight deck,  one can rough out what their performance might be in comparison by comparing their load time.  It's still a working theory, and MSFS might be released before I have time to finish it, but I believe this is one of the best methods for comparing different systems that I've come across.

Best wishes my friend.

EDIT:  I realized that I had my frame rates slider set to 40 for testing something earlier today... when I set the slider back to unlimited, my frames increased to 32fps to 36fps with spikes to 42fps while on the flight deck and pretty steady at 54 to 58 fps with spikes into the 60s.  But again... different variables and different systems.

• Thanks 1

I believe this aircraft will close the P3D era for me (or perhaps it will be the FSL A321, not sure which will come out earlier). Hopefully we will get a discount for a future MSFS version, similarly to the NGXu. 

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have been reading this forum from the beginning. Just want to say what a fantastic product your team has put together. I appreciate the politeness and patience of the administrators.

Well done to you all! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

The VC looks perfect! Can u tell me the landing gear’s bug fix yet? Thank you very much 

In the progress meeting yesterday it seemed that we know how to solve it now.  Stefan (modeler) and Frank (lead coder) are now working on tweaking it. We had great help from Alexander who did the flight model of the CRJ.

If you would have told me that when we started this project we would spend over 200 hours (!) on just the main gear I would have called you crazy. 

• Upvote 1

About the EFB is it replaceable to the right side (F/O) ? 

By the way thank’s for the great work.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In the progress meeting yesterday it seemed that we know how to solve it now.  Stefan (modeler) and Frank (lead coder) are now working on tweaking it. We had great help from Alexander who did the flight model of the CRJ.

If you would have told me that when we started this project we would spend over 200 hours (!) on just the main gear I would have called you crazy. 

Well, I just want ask the landing gear's bug is fixed or not, that is what i mean!    I know this project from 2016, I know this is a hard project and i saw u guys made the project more better, I just hope this project much more better, I will buy it at the first time when this project release! 

Are we going to hear the infamous APU howl on the APU startup and Shut down? Im in work next week if you dont know what I mean so ill get a video for you :)

44 minutes ago, Jackstar275 said:

Are we going to hear the infamous APU howl on the APU startup and Shut down? Im in work next week if you dont know what I mean so ill get a video for you :)

We would appreciate a video for that!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, umut1 said:

Can you share default livery list of A330? Is it going to include freighter versions?

It's only going to be the A333 with RR engines for now

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you end up with any APU "howl" sound, would it sound different inside the cockpit vs. outside?   I assume it would, and that this could be modelled?

I wonder if all A330 APU's sound that way, or just the ones Jackstar275 is used to hearing?

Juan Carlos, simply read the pinned post at the top of the page and you'll see the planned release date is the first week in December. You'll find any updates there as well.

This answers your post which is hidden because you used a huge font (maybe from your phone?) and blank space that couldn't be edited out. Don't worry though, no problems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ill try and grab a video for you next week :)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, eaim said:

I'd imagine if any developer was likely to offer a discount for a different sim if it has previously used elements from your previous purchased version....... Aerosoft is that company. 

Absolutely.