Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Will the A330 still use the Documents folder for Aerosoft files?

At the moment I have the A321 & A319 Pro and all the files in the My Documents folder are playing havok with my multi device synchronisations. There are over 17,000 files from Aerosoft which is more than my entire life's work of documents. I use the My Documents folder for all my documents - Word, Excel, PDF, PPT etc. I like to keep these documents in sync with my Clouds, PC, Laptop, Tablets, Phones & backups. Is there no way to use a different folder for the Aerosoft files, using the Documents folder just seems so wrong? The A321 & A319 manuals clearly state that they can't be moved at the moment. A shame really as I will have to delete both the 319 & 321 to allow room for the A330. As the 330 has been taking a while (no complaints, as it will be amazing when it arrives), I have been using XP11. I have to say that I really do like the ease of dragging & dropping a new aircraft into the XP11 folder with no other changes to an otherwise stable computer. If the aircraft has problems, then it is a simple delete. 

Will Aerosoft be making any A330 for XP11 as I now that I have got used to it, I think XP11 is much better than FSX & P3D v4? I am still looking forward to, and will buy, the Aerosoft A330 for P3D though.

No changes planned regarding the document folder. But I do not understand why you need to delete the A31x/A32x. To make it clear: in the documents folder only generic files are being installed used by all Airbuses. The Aircraft itself can be installed elsewhere. So whta you should do is:

- create a folder elsewhere outside your documents folder like c:\P3D addons

- uninstall the Airbus

- install it again and point the installer to the new created folder

If you have further questions please create a topic outside of this preview topic

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

No changes planned regarding the document folder. But I do not understand why you need to delete the A31x/A32x. To make it clear: in the documents folder only generic files are being installed used by all Airbuses. The Aircraft itself can be installed elsewhere. So whta you should do is:

- create a folder elsewhere outside your documents folder like c:\P3D addons

- uninstall the Airbus

- install it again and point the installer to the new created folder

If you have further questions please create a topic outside of this preview topic

Thanks for your answer, but I was quite well aware that the aircraft itself could be installed anywhere as per the manual. It was just the documents folder I was concerned with for sync purposes.

I am sorry but that is the structure that both Microsoft and Lockheed advise for these kind of things. There are indeed a huge number of files, but that is because navadata is build up that way. But as they are very very small syncing them is fast and after first sync a question of seconds.

We do not have plans for an X-Plane version but when the software allows it are very interested in a version for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

• Like 5

Just a very quick update on progress.....  Things are going well, honestly. Most work is at this moment on enhanced systems and the EFB that needs to not only handle all manuals, flows, checklists, takeoff and landing checklists but also Navigraph and NavDatapro charts. Time consuming but all doable. We had a few issues with the semi intelligent co-pilot in regards to GSX2 (after a GSX2 update) but we think we solved this. 

Our biggest show stopper at this moment is the fact RealLight does not want play with P3D PBR lighting. TFDi's RealLight is the best option for serious lighting in a VC (our A320 series has the largest amount of dimmable lights of any add-on) but at this moment it simply does not work with P3d V4.5 when we use PBR in the optimal way. As we have explained we do not want to add a PBR layer to an aircraft but have it incorporated from the start. That makes it works a whole lot better and reduces loss of framerates and memory. In two weeks we'll show images showing the difference. It's big. We REALLY want to use the latest compilers to make sure customers get an up to date product.

We are hoping that TFDi and Lockheed are able to solve this issue soon. We are far from the only users of RealLight that suffer from this problem.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry but that is the structure that both Microsoft and Lockheed advise for these kind of things. There are indeed a huge number of files, but that is because navadata is build up that way. But as they are very very small syncing them is fast and after first sync a question of seconds.

We do not have plans for an X-Plane version but when the software allows it are very interested in a version for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

Ah, I thought there must be a good reason for it. Thank you for your very quick answer and explanation of this. I will just have to live with my sync issues now that I know that there will always be some Aerosoft files in My Documents folder. As you say, once the first sync has been done, then future syncs are OK. Just that the first sync is problematical with my current sync program & each time there is an update then the problems start again. Luckily there are not too many updates, so I will live with it. I will still definitely be buying the A330 when it is released and very much looking forward to it. 

2 hours ago, AidanM said:

Hi guys. Great work so far, really looking forward to this! I know you guys hate questions about release dates, so I'll get straight to the point, will the A330 release this year or sometime in 2020? I know you guys are working really hard on it and have been for ages. 

This year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I feel that Santa Claus will distribute the gifts in the new A330

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, niklasnowaka380 said:

Will we be able to get more up to date pictures of the A330 soon?

Please read a few posts up to learn when you can expect new preview images. 

On 8/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

This year.

Thanks Mathijs . That's really great to know. Is there any chance we could get a video showing off the landing gear animations for touchdowns and other things? I've seen the wingflex video and that animation looks excellent. Thanks again Mathijs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, CP. Yousef said:

Hello everyone I would like first to thank you very much for your project, and I have one question when should we expect approximate date for the release day?

As stated 6 posts above yours: this year. It is not going to get more precise at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys. Is there definitive list of liveries for the A330 yet?

Hey everybody, 
not sure whether this has been answered yet, but my search in this forum was unsuccessful. 
First of all, the project looks really good! Keep up the great work!
So here is my question: new versions of the A330-300 have a moving airport map in their navigation display (much like the A350 or the 787). Will this be included in the addon? 

No, but we'll have the moving map option on the EFB.

• Like 1

@Mathijs Kok Thank you very much for the quick reply! And the EFB will be mounted under the side windows in the Cockpit? Can't wait for this awesome feature!

On 8/21/2019 at 7:32 AM, AidanM said:

Hi guys. Is there definitive list of liveries for the A330 yet?

Not yet.

vor 6 Stunden , Herman sagte:

Not yet.

Is a Eurowings livery possible?

1 minute ago, Jahn2000 said:

Is a Eurowings livery possible?

Possible?  Sure, but likely at release? I'm guessing (and it's a guess) that no, you won't find Eurowings livery at release espeically because the engines on those aircraft are to the best of my knowledge not RR engines (they are CF6-80E1A3). 

But let's remember the terrific repainters, and that in the weeks after release we will likely see many different third party repaints done.  When the A330 is released, there will be a Repaint/Livery thread where you'll be able to request liveries.  The engine type won't matter to repainters.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 3

Will the user manual be released sometime before the model itself. I am one of those rare creatures that likes to read a bit about what I am buying and how it works.

rgds

Carey

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 8 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Possible?  Sure, but likely at release? I'm guessing (and it's a guess) that no, you won't find Eurowings livery at release espeically because the engines on those aircraft are to the best of my knowledge not RR engines (they are CF6-80E1A3). 

But let's remember the terrific repainters, and that in the weeks after release we will likely see many different third party repaints done.  When the A330 is released, there will be a Repaint/Livery thread where you'll be able to request liveries.  The engine type won't matter to repainters.

Best wishes!

Of Course the Eurowings A330-300 operated bei SN have 2x RR Trent 772B-60 engines !

And an Eurowings livery was very often mentioned in the list of livery wishes.

35 minutes ago, Carey said:

Will the user manual be released sometime before the model itself. I am one of those rare creatures that likes to read a bit about what I am buying and how it works.

rgds

Carey

I will try that.

• Upvote 1

Charts (our Lufthansa charts and Navigraph)

Calculations (take-off etc)

Checklists

Flows

EFF

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SWOOS said:

Of Course the Eurowings A330-300 operated bei SN have 2x RR Trent 772B-60 engines !

And an Eurowings livery was very often mentioned in the list of livery wishes.

So the chances are excellent that a repainter will do one if it's not one of the included ones.

• Like 1