Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

8 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Quadrupole dared to be exact. 

I have no idea what you could possibly mean ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I don't see that as harsh, but if the sim does not allow a certain animation there is absolutely no way we could add it. That's really all very hard coded in the sim. So unless Lockheed surprises us, what we now have is at it will be. This is not something spending more time on will solve.  And as I said, it does not look bad, just not as good as we like.  We'll make a video next week.

So we spend our time on things that do work, for me that is the content of the EFB this week. We are now implementing the import of flight packages from PFPX etc.  This is from PFPX.

[...]

Now that is really awsome!! Always hated to switch between the P3D and Simbrief windows so often at my PC when typing in all those numbers.

I also guess this virtual Tablet will certainly be faster than my real one that may show 1 chart after 2 minutes of loading :D

Really nice guys, EFB and the sunshades will make VR flying even more immersive.

Is the EFB on both sides or just on the left seat?

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

We'll make a video next week.

Perhaps a comparism video to the real thing to explain what you would want to achieve, and where P3D's contact points prevent you from doing so?

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

of course...  how could we avoid.

[...]

Sometimes can’t let people fully focus on flight LOL 

vor 1 minute, Thomas Hao sagte:

Sometimes can’t let people fully focus on flight LOL 

I wonder how one would explain that to the flight attendant as she brings coffee. I mean in times of #metoo you'd have your dismissal faster than you can say "Retard, Retard". ;)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

I wonder how one would explain that to the flight attendant as she brings coffee. I mean in times of #metoo you'd have your dismissal faster than you can say "Retard, Retard". ;)

Honestly I was tried the FlightFactor A320 EFB, cannot watch video, but can be read the e book in the flight 

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nope... the animation we need requires changes in the game engine and Lockheed seems unwilling to make those at this moment (not surprisingly). So while it works now 'reasonably' there are some bits that won't stay fully connected while they move.  Rumour has that the new MS sim allows all these animations without a problem and that will make a lot more possible.

I'll see if one of the testers has that installed.

With this in mind will this A330 be fully compatible with the new MS Simulator because if not P3D could conceivably become obsolete before its time and, as has been argued in this forum, manufacturers like Aerosoft will produce exclusively to the new Simulator?

It will also put further doubts in ones mind about moving from FSX to P3D

Mike

12 hours ago, Niko8289 said:

How about good afternoon, I have been gradually following the process that is taking the A330 and every time I go to read the post I am surprised by the effort and progress they are giving to this beautiful ship. Right now I am flying the Airbus 320 and I am in love with how it flies and I fall in love more than 330 every time I read the posts. My query now is as follows: I know that there is still no estimate date for the product launch until there is enough progress, I know it must be an internal decision on whether to launch it for FSX Steam Edition for the x64 version. If the launch were to be finalized in that version I would become the happiest driver knowing that they have done it with much effort and dedication. Now we only have to wait when the product is launched, will it arrive before the end of the year, will we be seeing it at the beginning of 2020? In any case very good work.

Before the end of the year.

37 minutes ago, europe.au said:

I believe they said that it's too early to make this decision since not too much is known at the moment.

Indeed, but if at all possible we will most certainly try! We are very enthusiastic about MS getting back in the game.

5 hours ago, Budlake said:

With this in mind will this A330 be fully compatible with the new MS Simulator because if not P3D could conceivably become obsolete before its time and, as has been argued in this forum, manufacturers like Aerosoft will produce exclusively to the new Simulator?

It will also put further doubts in ones mind about moving from FSX to P3D

Stop development for a professional simulator because of some stock videos about something nobody knows about?!?!?! Even if it has the same level of realism as P3D it will take many-many years for developers to create their add-ons. I do not expect enough serious add-ons before 2025. However, it is also possible that FS2020 is just a game with fancy graphics and zero realism. Or MS tries to fully control the add-on market again as for MS Flight. But even if everything turns out to be nice and good and shiny and even add-on developers work very fast not everyone has money to replace a complete infrastructure every few years. I am just investing into P3D v4 after losing almost everything I bought for FSX. I will surely not restart this before 2025.

• Like 6

That's a very strong statement. Not many people will want to go on record they will not change sim platforms the next 5 years, even if the new platform might be way better and there might not be addon's for the older platform.  Just see how fast FSX died when P3D went 64 bits. The commercial market dropped with 50% in one single month. 

• Like 1

Honestly? If this new Sim is everything we all hope to be there is not much that will keep me bound to P3D. For the same reason I didn't look back at FSX when I switched to P3Dv3. Fair enough a lot of Addons were P3D v3 ready ween I switched but then again this new FS may very well be an enormous difference to P3d4 compared to P3Dv3 vs FSX. I will remain hopeful and optimistic as I am keen to see a fresh wind and an entirely new core software to set new standards. I am going pretty much off topic here. But the thing is while I may still be willing to use P3D I am hesitant in purchasing new products for it. The A330 is one of my favorite aircraft and still can't wait for it. But let's just say this new FS will win over most of the simmers (P3D and X-Plane) and Aerosoft will bring this beautiful bird to the new sim I might as well wait for it rather than buying it twice. After all I've waited this long. 

26 minutes ago, Balogh Ádám said:

There are always lot of people who fly default aircraft just because of shiny graphics. They use autoland and switch to outside view during the landing. However there are the more professionals who prefer quality addons over shiny graphics. I hope this latter are the majority.

Why not have both professionalism and shiny graphics? Don't get me wrong, I myself also rather put myself in the latter category and would buy an aircraft more prioritized in systems rather than a virtual cabin. That doesn't mean I wouldn't take an optional virtual cabin to add to the detail if it were possible (in terms of development resources and hardware limitations). I probably never will fly a real A330 or B777, so I don't use P3D or any other Fight Simulator for training purposes. I use it for the experience. And not just flying an A320 out of the same hub five times a week. I like to mix it up. Fly GA over Alaska, do island hops in the pacific, cargo runs on a B748 in Africa and yes also do scheduled flight on an A321 out of the same hub five days a week. So while I put myself rather in the latter category, shiny graphics are not far behind my wanted list and I actually see no conflict in having both of them. I also like to use Flight Sims to explore the world (go places I probably never would in real) and I would use defaults (mainly GA) to do just that until more sophisticated flying material gets developed. I see not problem with that. But yeah I would never use autoland and then watch my plane land from outside view. In fact for many years now I never even leave the interior during flight 😉

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Balogh Ádám said:

There are always lot of people who fly default aircraft just because of shiny graphics. They use autoland and switch to outside view during the landing. However there are the more professionals who prefer quality addons over shiny graphics. I hope this latter are the majority.

Tjee and we really do try to make our aircraft and airport look really good and shiny!

The amount of people who do not care a lot about how things look is very very small. Selling something that looks like crap simply will not work. Never did, never will. In the end the best looking simulator will get the best most users, so the best add-ons. Always did, always will. You will notice that in 2025 when you are still on P3d V4. 

On 9/19/2019 at 5:31 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I don't see that as harsh, but if the sim does not allow a certain animation there is absolutely no way we could add it. That's really all very hard coded in the sim. So unless Lockheed surprises us, what we now have is at it will be. This is not something spending more time on will solve.  And as I said, it does not look bad, just not as good as we like.  We'll make a video next week.

So we spend our time on things that do work, for me that is the content of the EFB this week. We are now implementing the import of flight packages from PFPX etc.  This is from PFPX.

[...]

That's cool Mathijs, I totally agree. As you said it looks good, just not as good as you guys would like it to look.  And I'm looking forward to the video next week. It'll be good to see the progress that's been made so far. 

You got until monday to suggest more 'pages' for our EFB.

• Checks / Flows: all the flows for both pilots and the checks (all local)
  • Charts: Enroute and airport charts (overlayed with aircraft symbol showing where you are) (needs connection and account)
  • Calc: what you need to trim etc (all local)
  • EFF / Weather: documents related to your flight. Flight packages from SimBrief and PFPX, sat imagery and metars (local and connection)
    Please note we have not found legal sat images for the other regions.Work in progress.
    Please note that we read real time weather and NOT weather in the sim, so you will need a weather tool that is able to insert accurate (!) actual weather.
  • Docs: the complete step by step guide (based on flows) (all local)
  • More: links to 3rd party tools + 8 pdf documents and 8 internet links selectable by the user via ini file (local and connection)

CHECKS / FLOWS Cockpit Preparation
  Before Start
  Engine Start
  After Start
  Taxi
  Before Takeoff
  Takeoff
  After Takeoff & Climb
  Cruise
  Approach
  Final
  Short Final
  Landing
  Go Around
  After Landing
  Parking
  Securing the Aircraft

CHARTS NavDataPro
  Navigraph

CALC Weight / Balance
  Speeds / Trim

EFF / WEATHER Flight Package
  Trip Metar
  Metar
  Satellite Europe
  Satellite Africa

DOCS Introduction
  Setting Up
  Cockpit Preparation
  Before Pushback & Start
  Engine Start
  After Start
  Taxi
  Before Takeoff
  Takeoff
  After Takeoff & Climb
  Cruise
  Approach
  Final
  Short Final
  Landing
  Go Around
  After Landing
  Parking
  Securing the Aircraft

MORE PMDG Global Flight Operations
  OnAir
  1_(PDF)
  2-(PDF)
  3-(PDF)
  4-(PDF)
  5_(PDF)
  6-(PDF)
  7-(PDF)
  8-(PDF)

Note how skillfully I bend this topic around the release date of the A330, lol.

In my personal opinion we are 2020 will be a new heyday for flightsims. I think we will have three platforms that all have their own audience. 

• P3D for the hobbiest who feels semi professional but where most development is these days done on missions and weapons. There is a markable twist towards single seat professional fighters and not a lot new for airliners.
  • X-Plane that caters for any user.
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (no FS2020 as many say, it is just 'Flight Simulator') that Microsoft wants to position as the new platform for commercial use.

Now I am 100% sure that Microsoft will choose to make the new sim extremely hard on hardware. Look at what they shown and you know it will demand very serious hardware. But that's fine, they are setting a platform for 5 years. The hardware always grows into the sim and the only way to get new features is to make them and hope the hardware will be fast enough to support it. EVERY version of MS FS did that and almost all versions of P3d did that. 

FSX was deadslow for most users when it was launched. Now 7 of my 8 cores do absolutely nothing when I run it. My graphics card does not even spin up it's fans. If you make some virtual machines you can run several FSX version at the same time on the same machine without any slowness.  When Microsoft Flight Simulator released next year it will demand very very serious hardware. We are investing massively in hardware to be ready. 

so does it means we can browse to whatever address we want or do we have to put everyting in the ini file?

I personally use ChartsFox so any info about compatibility is welcome.

Also, could we get the load manager to be both integrated into the efb or by the actual APP? A bit like QW 78 if you see what i mean

Oh and don't forget the AS forums :-p

Basically if you can run the website in Chrome it should work. We just not allow any storage of data and/or passwords for security reasons. So forums will need manual login etc, not very agreeable. But we'll allow storage of some data (such as for NavDataPro and  Navigraph) so we'll see.

We are not planning to incorporate the load manager in the EFB at this moment as we have a few limitations that will be very hard to works around.  Depending on how things lok next year we'll might do that.

3 hours ago, Tino. said:

How will we be able to load the A330 with fuel\pax without it being in the EFB? Is this done via the FMGS?  I don't own the A320 for v4, so I wouldn't know.

The AS320 has a system similar to PMDG, where there's a separate menu for doors, fuel, pax and cargo, etc.

• Like 1

Can we see the Landing gear retraction and gear down animations together with the EFB test video? 

For EFB idea, doors, payload and pax, I simply thins it would be better than an external panel or inside the MCDU, that is MY opinion. Like it will be accessible faster than try to go in the mcdu...

• Upvote 1