Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

11 hours ago, blocks_off said:

Hi Just one question; you mention a lot of code is shared with the A320 series - does this mean there will be an update to the A320 series on release of the A330 ?

Check the top post.

5 hours ago, Haleef I said:

I second this! :)  

Not sure, will find out. What would you consider a 'master'?

• Like 1

About the EFB, is it possibile to open it as popup window?

Adding to your question, @Detail50, about being able to zoom in on the approach route already before starting your flight: In the Airbusses, there is a mode for the NAV display called "PLAN", which can be selected via a switch above the ND. If you choose that and flip through the waypoints for your route in your MCDU, you can have a detailed look into your route and whether everything appears normal (and flyable) there. This is something you should always check after entering your route in the MCDU. By the way, that mode exists also in Boeing aircraft, but is called "PLN" there.

• Like 1

Of course we want to make the work for repainters as easy as possible. As you know now I worked at the same time at two larger airliner projects (CRJ and A330) which are normally staffed each with 2 to 3 persons doing the models/textures/animations.Thats why my schedule is very compressed at the moment and we still have to solve some important tasks the next days. When those stuff is successfully processed I will prepare the paintkits for both birds trying also to unify the fuselage sections into one large texture for your painting convenience.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, B777ER said:

Without going through all the threads and posts, just wondering about the throttle logic with end-user hardware. Has there been any change with it? I know I cannot use the A320 from Aerosoft because you cannot send your controls through fsuipc for calibration and axis control with it. Wondering if the A330 is still the same? If so will not be able to use it as I have thousands of dollars of hardware I fly with that is all sent through fsuipc. Thank you

It is the same, but I know lots of people who use FSUIPC for the thrust levers.  Aerosoft does not support it (so we don't help people do it), but it does work.

13 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

So, just because i'm always keen about something releasing out of a sudden:

Was the "Kick a** project" the new CRJ??

Yep, it is very very high end.

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It is the same, but I know lots of people who use FSUIPC for the thrust levers.  Aerosoft does not support it (so we don't help people do it), but it does work.

We even have a special manual for it.

Vol7-Thrust Lever Setup.pdf

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JarredP said:

I didn't see this discussed anywhere, is the weather radar getting any attention for this model and then, possibly, an update towards the A320 family?

What attention do you mean? At this moment our weather radar is the only one that accurately shows the weather that is in the sim, understands how one rain front can shield another and allows you navigate using ground returns. 

That might be the case, but it's in real low resolution and doesn't graphically mimic an actual radar in the same way, so that's why i asked. I'd like your models to look the best possible, that's the reason i bring these questions up (same with the ND font in the other thread).

*** Edited the text as it wasn't fair and accurate.

Aerosoft looks like this

Image result for aerosoft weather radar

An actual one is way more detailed

Related image

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Trevor Hannant said:

How accurate is the weather injection - down to the nearest metre or larger scale?

That depends to 100% to the weather tool you are using.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, matthewpow said:

Hmmmm.....

Hey, you know you can change the colors of the VATSPY Map (and add filters, etc.)?  Take a look brother!

Screenshot - 11_11_2019 , 9_22_07 PM.png

13 hours ago, JarredP said:

That might be the case, but it's in real low resolution and doesn't graphically mimic an actual radar in the same way, so that's why i asked. I'd like your models to look the best possible, that's the reason i bring these questions up (same with the ND font in the other thread).

*** Edited the text as it wasn't fair and accurate.

Aerosoft looks like this

An actual one is way more detailed

You are right in that our radar doesn't look as fancy as the foto you have shown.
This however is for a simple reason: Weather in your sim simply isn't as fancy.
We read directly from the sim and show you 100% exactly what is in the sim. The problem with that is, the weather in the simulator, even when using Active Sky or other weather addons, is plain unrealistic. Therefore you won't see a realistic weather front on the radar. There is none in your sim.

During development of the radar we thought quite a bit about faking the indication and what you see how already is tweaked to look more realistic, however we still want to show you what is actually in your sim.  When you enter a precipitation zone on our radar you'll see it'll start to rain.

Tools like Active Sky still go back to the time when no radars were available. They are build for impressive optics, not for realistic frontal systems. And this became ever so obvious when we developed our radar.
But until they improve the weather injection into the sim to mimic real systems you will not see real systems on our radar either.

Looking at Microsofts latest previews I am hoping the new MS sim will change this. They seem to have gone to great depths to mimic the current real weather and precipitation. This will hopefully open up some whole new levels!

• Like 5

Good day,

can you pre-order the A330 and will it be the Box version right after release?

best regards 

40 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The boxed version will be available later.

Do we have pre order?

7 minutes ago, Trevor Hannant said:

How is CFD looking for inclusion at the outset?   Or will this require a little extra time and come via a Service Pack?

It's included right now in the Beta.  But please bare in mind that our Server Based Connected Flight Deck is still in Open Beta.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thomas Hao said:

Is this Prepar3DV4.5?

Yep. With Active Sky as weather engine. REX Sky Force for the clouds and REX Environment Force. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Testing with my favourite livery ;)

[...]

That feeling of surfing the cloud when you are climbing out of the airport.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, klisura said:

The PM has his own ND display, finally! Or am I wrong?

Yes, he has has his own ND now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

Two more from today:

[...]

Looks great! Are the spotlights dimmable as before like in RealLight? Is this the new one instead of RealLight? Can we get any night photos with them on please? :D