Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Sorry but no, we are fighting with the newest compilers from Lockheed at the moment.

How are you guys getting on? Have you made any progress on the Landing gear?

• Upvote 1

On 5.9.2019 at 08:44, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Sorry but no, we are fighting with the newest compilers from Lockheed at the moment.

No Problem, Keep on Fighting ! ;)

On 9/6/2019 at 8:14 PM, simon2kni said:

Will it be released for FSX? I’ve waited so long for this product and it would be such a shame )and to be honest i’d slightly PO’d) if it was only on P3d. I’m not going to waste my time investing in switching to a new simulator or scenery until the new MSFS comes out. 

No decision has been made about doing a 32 bit version or not and won't be until a while after the 64 bit version is released. At this point, "dumbing down" the 64 bit version to work in the limited operating space (a bit less than 4GB max) of FSX appears increasingly unlikely, given the present small number of those running FSX/FSX:SE that still buy add-ons and, as you note, the interest in the yet to be defined MSFS 2020. And really, no point in getting even slightly PO'ed about the reality of the marketplace. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Emmanuel DH said:

Can we hope to put our hands on this product before 2020?

If you read a few pages back, Mathijs has already confirmed it will be out this year (2019)

• Upvote 1

Hi guys. When can we expect the next update? As always, great work! Thanks in advance. 

We are still battling with the latest compilers from Lockheed (and in daily contact with them about the current issues).  VERY frustrating to be honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VAFPilot said:

I purchased the A32X Pro series awhile back for P3Dv4 and it collected a little dust as I was flying Boeing aircraft. However, I recently got bored and decided to pull the Airbus (A318-321) out of the virtual hangar and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. Maybe to the point of flying Airbus exclusively.

I wanted everyone at Aerosoft to know how much I’ve come to appreciate this series of aircraft and as a new fan I am REALLY looking forward to the A330. I’m assuming/hoping the landing gear is the only remaining issue and that we will see the A330 very soon. I would love to have a long haul Airbus. 

Thank you!

I know exactly what you mean!  I used to fly Boeing exclusively, but these days it's the Aerosoft Airbus Pro, especially sharing the aircraft via Connected Flight Deck (which is only Beta at the moment, but a new update to bring it to the late Beta stages is in the works for customers).

Then of course is the A330, which adds long haul and crew changes via Connected Flight Deck.  Exciting times!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

• Like 2

Question.... As I explained our EFB is basically a browser that can display almost anything your standard browser can show. 

Now clearly some data will HAVE to come from servers (like weather information, charts NavDataPro and Navigraph charts, PMDG Global Flight Operations, OnAir connections etc), but other files can be stored locally or on a external server. Having them on a server means we can adapt them at any time, thus making sure they are always the best possible version. But we know some people do not like that. 

Any comment is appreciated.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Question.... As I explained our EFB is basically a browser that can display almost anything your standard browser can show. 

Now clearly some data will HAVE to come from servers (like weather information, charts NavDataPro and Navigraph charts, PMDG Global Flight Operations, OnAir connections etc), but other files can be stored locally or on a external server. Having them on a server means we can adapt them at any time, thus making sure they are always the best possible version. But we know some people do not like that. 

Which kind of files are we talking about? Stuff like manuals, checklists, etc.? Those I'd rather have offline as I could change them to my liking.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It's the way the flight simulation is going, and indeed the entire world.  Roll with it!

In my opinion it is important that there is the possibility to access locally stored files - e.g. by creating a folder that can be used for that (and ideally it should be possible to create subfolders as well). As long as this is possible, it would be perfect to keep default-documents such as manuals up to date which means that they should be located on a server. 

14 minutes ago, Airbus Fan said:

In my opinion it is important that there is the possibility to access locally stored files - e.g. by creating a folder that can be used for that (and ideally it should be possible to create subfolders as well). As long as this is possible, it would be perfect to keep default-documents such as manuals up to date which means that they should be located on a server. 

Indeed, I don't know which files exactly Mathijs is referencing for the server, but at least we should be able to store flightplans offline and load them into the EFB. Same for user made checklists.

Okay. I see the points raised, well keep the flows and checklists local for sure. Of course flightplans etc will always be local, our products never upload anything (with the exception of Connected Flight Deck obviously).

image.png

• Like 1

The texturing is not fully rendered here but somebody asked about sunshades....

2019-9-12_22-2-34-104.jpg

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ozgulkagan said:

If you can make it optional via the configurator, it can work in 3 modes

1. online only (blank screen / error screen on EFB if servers are not reachable)

2. offline only (only show from downloaded local copy)

3. hybrid. Online when available, offline if online is not reachable (In this mode, any document accessed online can be stored / updated in the local copy).

I would vote for option 3 with all my hands.

I believe this is an excellent idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davidnorfolk96 said:

I know this has been answered but I cant remember, but if people own both A318-21 Packs do we get a sufficient discount on the 330? 

Yes ;) 

Right in the first post in the topic the answer has been already given.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:44 PM, ozgulkagan said:

If you can make it optional via the configurator, it can work in 3 modes

1. online only (blank screen / error screen on EFB if servers are not reachable)

2. offline only (only show from downloaded local copy)

3. hybrid. Online when available, offline if online is not reachable (In this mode, any document accessed online can be stored / updated in the local copy).

I would vote for option 3 with all my hands.

But why would 2 be an option? if you do not have any connection it will just show a 404 error.

3 is technically not allowed as charts etc have to be checked with the license on every use.

20 minutes ago, asmus03 said:

You were talking a lot about wether the Bus will be released for FSX or not. How about Xplane?

We have no plans for that. BTW with the new FS on the way it is safe to say a 32 bit version has gone out of the window.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

But if you talked about online browser does it means it's like the FFa320 where you can browse anywhere?? I didn't get that info sorry. I Expect the ability to read PDFs and maybe HTMLs like with the PMDG EFB of the 748. I hope we can access let's say the sky vector site for US charts for example.  BTW does it take any additional FPS/performance off what the sim actually uses??

Cheers AS, previews are MAD! If you ever make an A340-300, i'll be your first buyer NO MATTER WHAT. (Oh and BTW will we get the option for different announcements soundpacks that could be linked to livery X via the livery manager or having a menu in the config app??)  In the smaller bus i've had enough of the same girl, but if i have to run an installer every time before flying it might be a pain in the back if you fly with many different liveries in a week.

I think all you want should be possible. We have not yet decided if we would make it a full browser. Free to show what ever (does not make a lot of sense in an EFB) or that their will be a set of links.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think all you want should be possible. We have not yet decided if we would make it a full browser. Free to show what ever (does not make a lot of sense in an EFB) or that their will be a set of links.

Alright. What about working the other way around?? Like locking some sites that clearly show no interest (won't quote i promise) and letting the rest free. Because TBH there's just too many sites we simmers go to: I myself without any navigraph stuff already can tell i use about 30 different websites at least.  And I mean browsing just depends of where the user will go so he is responsible of where he is going 100%. 

3 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Alright. What about working the other way around?? Like locking some sites that clearly show no interest (won't quote i promise) and letting the rest free. Because TBH there's just too many sites we simmers go to: I myself without any navigraph stuff already can tell i use about 30 different websites at least.  And I mean browsing just depends of where the user will go so he is responsible of where he is going 100%. 

This is absolutely not about being able to view certain websites. We couldn't care less what you view.
The question is more: Does it makes sense to simulate internet access while surfing the webs is clearly forbidden for pilots? So why simulate simthing if it's not done anyway.
Or if we do it: What comes next? The netflix abo included in the product? ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

This is absolutely not about being able to view certain websites. We couldn't care less what you view.
The question is more: Does it makes sense to simulate internet access while surfing the webs is clearly forbidden for pilots? So why simulate simthing if it's not done anyway.
Or if we do it: What comes next? The netflix abo included in the product? ;)

I know, right, but i feel like limiting the product to certain sites might become a problem for some people, including myself. See, although i have Aivlasoft EFB i sometimes need more info than what it comes with.And if i'm flying in the US, i go to SkyVector, load my PDFs and BOOM. Done. If the EFB doesn't add a load to your PC performance it might be worth it rather than having to open chrome which in some cases can seriously inpact performance or realism. Imagine you forgot your minimums: You just have to open the EFB and get all the history and so your data. Plus who doesn't like listening to some fine music while inflight ;)?  Now this is what i call a limit of the system. Something you could do 100% professional but that would make your journey a lot more boring.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:59 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

The texturing is not fully rendered here but somebody asked about sunshades....

WOW, it's looks very nice, it's a nice idea about the sunshades. But would the Airbus A318/ A319/ A320/ A321 also get some sunshades???