Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

16 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Mathjis. As a followup question to the time speed. How load/save friendly will it be? I have noticed that the pro versions of a320/21 are much more load/save friendly than

my earlier steam versions were.

Nothing worse than coming to an Approach after 7 hours and bam CTD :).

There should be no problems at all loading a flight from autosave with the A330.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Mathjis. As a followup question to the time speed. How load/save friendly will it be? I have noticed that the pro versions of a320/21 are much more load/save friendly than

my earlier steam versions were.

Nothing worse than coming to an Approach after 7 hours and bam CTD :).

Very close to what you experience with the A320 Pro, you likely will not be able to tell the difference.\

Major differences between 64-bit and 32-bit, I doubt you need to worry about it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, klisura said:

The A330 will be released with the new ND planned for A320 too or it will be implemented in the future?

I believe the ND is virtually identical at this moment. Could it be you mean the PFD? If so that is work in progress.

17 hours ago, keenrw said:

Will the Aerosoft A330 support the differant kinds of Holding Pattern enteries?  eg  parallel entry .. offset entry  etc 

Yes sir.

17 hours ago, Thomas Hao said:

How many livery will in the in the installer?

We won't know until the RC installer is created, as more liveries are added. Remember though, repainters always add a great many liveries in the first 2 weeks after release.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Can I use the A330 for 4.4 too?

No, at least 4.5 needed

16 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Question to someone like Dave here since he has tried both. Would it feel off to use something like the Honeycomb Yoke with this? Considering the real one uses  joystick. I have thought about

buying this yoke but worried that it would feel wrong to fly airbus with it.

Although I have a sidestick, I almost always use the Yoke.  You see, I was raised on MD and Boeings, so it doesn't feel off to me at all.

EDIT:

I have a LOT of Flight Sim Hardware and Controllers, including many different types of side sticks, Yokes, Rudder Pedals, etc.  The Honeycomb Yoke is the highest quality of all the controllers I've used, except that I'd say the quality matches the Thrustmaster HOTAS  (the expensive one).

Get the Honeycomb Yoke, you'll love it!  It has a very sturdy feel to it, which is really nice for flying any airliner.

• Like 1

Just now, Detail50 said:

You think the Yoke is any better in the fine corrections aspect?

The accuracy of the Honeycomb Yoke is VERY impressive.  If memory serves, it reads 32 bits of data verse the 16 bits that most controllers use, and of course that is very telling when it comes to fine corrections (I love it for that).  I have more info on the incredible level of accuracy of the Honeycomb  Yoke, but I'd have to dig it all back out - but  if intersted it's in my report here in the General forum.  What I will say is that I have constantly monitored the Return to Zero function of the Yoke since June, and I've never, EVER seen ANY flight sim controller with this level of accuracy for the Return to Zero, which is one (if not THE) best test of a controller as it tells you many different and important things about the design, manufacturing and performance.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

The accuracy of the Honeycomb Yoke is VERY impressive.  If memory serves, it reads 32 bits of data verse the 16 bits that most controllers use, and of course that is very telling when it comes to fine corrections (I love it for that).  I have more info on the incredible level of accuracy of the Honeycomb  Yoke, but I'd have to dig it all back out - but  if intersted it's in my report here in the General forum.  What I will say is that I have constantly monitored the Return to Zero function of the Yoke since June, and I've never, EVER seen ANY flight sim controller with this level of accuracy for the Return to Zero, which is one (if not THE) best test of a controller as it tells you many different and important things about the design, manufacturing and performance.

Dave,   given some leg issues I can't use rudder pedals,  I wondered if there are any options for yoke and rudder control?

A simple joystick with a rudder axis and a throttle axis will do, like the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

And this ends now the discussion about hardware in the A330 Preview ;)

42 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Dave,   given some leg issues I can't use rudder pedals,  I wondered if there are any options for yoke and rudder control?

I'm pretty sure Auto Rudder works (I'll test in a few hours) and there are plenty of buttons on the Honeycomb Yoke that you could use for toe brakes.

2 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Appreciate your help Dave in getting to a more enjoyable situation with the product.   I see you don't accept PM's so should I create a forum post so we can discuss it more?

Sure thing. Just PM me the link to the post and I'll be happy to help any way I can.

I do accept PMs, just not for support issues. Posts for support are much better as others are able to benefit from the conversation.

Best wishes.

20 hours ago, Fred Fleuren said:

I so hope a FSX version will be available.

Btw, to avoid problems with camera add-ons there is a onscreen keyboard (but we'll probably also add an option to use the standard keyboard as we do with the MCDU's).

2019-10-30_13-27-59.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, marcusjm said:

Any chance we could get it in the quickbar as well? Maybe too ambitious?

Just a theory but since you can browse webpages, maybe you can setup some remote mirror to your pc ;). Good idea. Then one can do some work while waiting on those long flights. 

You mean like this:

image.png

Not sure if the EFB will be able to be used on a tablet, on release but we do plan that.

24 minutes ago, theo__h said:

Can we expect any other engine / exterior sounds preview in the near future ?

As the RR TRENT-700 have a specific sound-signature would be nice to know how they sound before release ;) 

Yes, there will be a whole new sound set.

• Like 3

Testing the landing lights, runway turn-off light and nose wheel light. Sometimes P3D can look pretty good. A shame the lighting is so messed up for the Virtual Cockpit. You have no idea what we have to do to get things to look okay there.

image.png

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5

vor 14 Stunden , Flying_Timm sagte:

I am wondering what makes it more complicated than for other devs to implement cockpit lightning?

What are you trying to do different? Or whats the difference of what you try and what PMDG or FlightSim Labs for example is doing?

I think you missed the point, that those products you count in are not native PBR shader builds yet. They use still the old shading technology for the virtual cockpit. You also cannot simply overtake the old authored content 1:1 as the new

system works pretty differently. The new shading technology LookheedMartin provided is a step forward but still has many areas with possibilities for improvement, especially night environments.

And being in midst of production and seeing that many old workflows are not working anymore and you have to find bypasses continually is not straight fun.

And from the graphics engine side we all have to cook with the same water in the end. Every workflow and way to realize things has its advatages here and its disadvantages in another place, for example being able to deliver

ability A you have to take into consideration you loose a number B of FPS (for 60 FPS the computer has only 16 milliseconds per Frame to render!).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 11/2/2019 at 11:01 AM, Fandy said:

This A330 will release on FSXSE ?

Very unlikely.

7 hours ago, francis16 said:

Is the tiller functional just like in the old busses?

Yes, just assign an axis to Nose wheel steer in the sim.

10 hours ago, Aaron1 said:

Will we be able to activate the reverse thrust (F12) if landing in the external view when landing? At the moment this isn't possible in the smaller buses. Thanks 

I am pretty sure it is possible because why would a command not work if the view is different? If you mean if it is shown in replay I am not sure. Depends on if the sim understands that animation.

2 minutes ago, Tobias Nome said:

No, it's going to be released at the seventh of November at 09:45

Plan is still very early December.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aaron1 said:

Will we be able to activate the reverse thrust (F12) if landing in the external view when landing? At the moment this isn't possible in the smaller buses. Thanks 

Aaron,

Just to be sure, I tested the F12 thrust reverse externally, works perfectly.  Moreover, there is no difference between camera positions and control bindings, so there is no reason that it wouldn't work.

Best wishes.