Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

30 minutes ago, Captain6143 said:

One thing I would like to confirm is whether the AS330 will be released in 2019

Welcome to the forum.

I would like to suggest to read just of the few latest pages in this topic. You will find this and many other questions answered.

15 hours ago, Lorenzo Beato said:

Will the A330 have the shared cockpit feature from release date? Thanks in advance.

Yep.

15 minutes ago, Captain6143 said:

However, you said you had a problem with the main gear of A330, could it be solved perfectly?

Well to be perfectly honest, that's not the only issue.  Using the latest compilers from Lockheed we can't get a lot of the stuff to work. This affects all aircraft developers (noticed hardly any aircraft add-ons have been released recently?) at this moment and everybody is working with Lockheed to solve things.  

The gear is not really part of this issue but a separate one, we have not yet decided how to tackle this. As said we think it can be done but the effort we need to spend on it is very very costly.

5 minutes ago, klisura said:

I asked if is there any chance that PBR seen in A330 will be ported to small bus. I got a notification that 9 hours ago Dave replied but I don't find it and not even my post

Here is your topic along with all provided answers:

And please: this is not a general forum support topic, but the A330 Preview topic.

• Upvote 1

Gents, with Microsoft Flight Simulator around the corner a lot of things are very fluid at this moment. Making plans and schedules is simply very hard. Our only solid plan is to release A330 as soon as possible.

vor 3 Stunden , Johannes B. sagte:

I got the feeling, when I accelerate with other widebodies from other dev. teams, the speed rises to fast. I miss the feeling of being heavy on take off . In my last holidays, we flew with an 330 and a 777 and I think the 777 from PMDG accelerate on TOGA to fast.

You say "TOGA". Do you takeoff at full thrust? I've heard real pilots say very often that they hardly take off at full thrust, but at reduced thrust to save fuel and the life of the the engines (for Boeings for example TO1 or TO2). Full thrust would only be used if neccecary. And that would probably be at heavy load and/or high altitude and/or short runways. I also had the impression that it's too fast. I changed my mind when I took off with the 737-900 with anti ice on or later with a fully loaded A320 in Quito^^. So I guess at really good addon aircraft these things should be correct. And I just trust Aerosoft to do this correctly in the A330. Unfortunately we cannot "feel" heavy load in our desk chair :-p

13 minutes ago, BudSpencer said:

've heard real pilots say very often that they hardly take off at full thrust

Ever since I'm flying the line now (about one year) I've done exactly four full thrust takeoffs, one of them even a no engine bleed takeoff.

Three in possible windshear conditions and the last one was climb limited due to terrain proximity and the aircraft being almost at MTOW.

With modern jets you barely need full thrust. Maybe in hot and high conditions at places like Quito as you said. Apart from that we normally use a combination of the highest fixed derate plus some assumed temprature in my airline.

There is some misconception amongst simmers regarding heavy aircraft.

You do not necessarily feel it being heavy. Mostly it's quite the opposite indeed!

Most heavys nowadays, like the 777, are operated far below their maximum weights. A route like Frankfurt-New York is a short flight for a 777. It could fly twice as long easily. With this in mind on most flights in heavys you're quite overpowered and the aircraft would climb like a rocket without derates.

This "heavy feeling" most simmers want, especially in the flight controls, is just some expectations. If you have a large aircraft you'll build in large flight controls to make it controlable nicely.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, klisura said:

Thank you very much Tom. I could not know that my question was transferred to another part of the forum.

The guy who askedn here if EFB tablet would be brought in 320 received a simple "Yes".... so.... I could not imagine something different

Sorry for the confusion, I can certainly understand it!  Last night I moved your post to it's own topic in the Airbus Pro (A318-A321 forum) since that's what you were asking about.  Normally our forum software allows for us to leave a link to the new location, however I was on my phone and that option wasn't available.

Of late we've had several posts here in the A330 Preview Forum that really should have been posted elsewhere (and I've even responded to one or two of them myself, so I'm partly to blame as well).  We're trying very hard to keep this thread strictly about the A330, and we've not always been successful especially as excitement and enthusiasm continues to grow!  But we are trying! 

Best wishes!

• Thanks 1

Friends,

We have a lot of our team responding to posts and questions in this thread, sidelining some discussions (like I did with liveries) and stuff like that as we strive to keep all our forums as straightforward as possible.  But please don't take that to mean that we don't appreciate your enthusiasm for our work on the A330 and our other products! 

In in the rush to get things done and move on to the next work item, I often forget to let you know that I and the entire team appreciate your enthusiasm, and it's your enthusiasm and appreciation that keeps us pushing very hard to go the extra distance and complete this and other projects for you guys.  We really do appreciate you guys and each of your posts and questions, and on the behalf of everyone working behind the scenes I just wanted to let you know that.

So, a huge THANK YOU to you guys!

Best wishes!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, maesi0783 said:

is the swiss intl in the publication

Please read through this page to find the answer to your question. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

What will the price be?

The final price has not yet been set, however Mathijs has stated the price of the A330 will very much be in the range of the other/current Airbus Pro products.

Best wishes.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:51 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

And here is a small teaser...

[...]

hi @Mathijs Kok

I just noticed this but will the tiller button be easy enough to click? or do we still have to navigate over or under the EFB to be able to click it?

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, planespotterhd said:

My dream has come true. Thanks for the EFB. I hope youll update the A318-A321 soon.

But one more question: Can you calculate the V-Speeds and can you take a look at the Charts?

EFB Features:

Charts (our Lufthansa charts and Navigraph)

Calculations (take-off etc)

Checklists

Flows

EFF

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, francis16 said:

Hi @DaveCT2003

Thanks for replying. But will the jettison tube on the wing will be modeled? 

thanks, 

francis

As far as we know those are not on most A330. Our information is that they can't jettison fuel but are able to land with a near full fuel load.

Glad to see this topic again.. How is she doing? I actually know TSS makes the sonds for this bus but Do YOU know if we'll get better quality callouts this time? On the smaller busses i had to change them because at the volume they were played it seemed like we could still hear the actual engines while recording  which takes away some of the immersion. the higher pitched the sound was the worse it sounded. the "cringy" sounds were like the chimes for the fire & AP disc tone and the master caution as well as the gpws callouts. Also, will we get called on the intercom before landing for example? It's normal ops and i find it to be very immersive

49 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Also, will we get called on the intercom before landing for example? It's normal ops and i find it to be very immersive

Normal ops where? You mean as an airline option?

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

Normal ops where? You mean as an airline option?

I thought crew had to advise the cockpit before landing that everyone was ready. I know that "Cabin crew, take your seats" on the PA is a standard thing but i thought answering also was.

55 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

I thought crew had to advise the cockpit before landing that everyone was ready

No interphone calls , no interruptions are allowed at this time because you are in sterile cockpit, instead the cabin crew press a button sending a " CABIN READY " message to your ECAM MEMO , and this is it.

33 minutes ago, Polo said:

No interphone calls , no interruptions are allowed at this time because you are in sterile cockpit, instead the cabin crew press a button sending a " CABIN READY " message to your ECAM MEMO , and this is it.

aw right, guess i was wrong. If so then, will we get a call saying "i have a drink for you" on the intercom before opening the door? IDK if it's real procedure to just let crew come in when they "knock" at the cockpit door

54 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

IDK if it's real procedure to just let crew come in when they "knock" at the cockpit door

Not sure about others but I would certainly be fired if I do ;)

I don't think it is a good idea to model realistic procedures here, it would give away too much. It's easy enough for people with bad intentions to find information on the cockpit door etc already. No need to tell them about the next barriers as well.

With this in mind I am glad that most developers actually simulate the door mechanisms incorrectly by the way. ;)

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Not sure about others but I would certainly be fired if I do ;)

I don't think it is a good idea to model realistic procedures here, it would give away too much. It's easy enough for people with bad intentions to find information on the cockpit door etc already. No need to tell them about the next barriers as well.

With this in mind I am glad that most developers actually simulate the door mechanisms incorrectly by the way. ;)

I Know some of it is a secret but there are some actual CBT footage for example that barely tell the way it goes. We're not asking to model the dialogue or the specific procedure of the real thing (which i already know BTW) , but rather getting a call, like "hey captain, i have some coffee can i go in?". Just as simple like that. I mean it's common sense. You don't open your house door if someone rings your bell without advising/telling who he is. 

Explain me, how can a switch telling someones calling you from outside the flight deck be a secret if about everyone on this forum knows it exists because you already modelled it in the radio panel and info about the way it works is available on the internet already, even a competitor i won't name already introduced some of its functionality for entertainment purposes?

Gents, let's close this topic, things will stay as they are in our 320 series.  It's hard enough to complete this project.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

I thought ideas were welcome. No offense though;)

On topic (Aerosoft A330) ideas and questions not previously answered are always welcome. Off topic ideas are welcome in the appropriate forum section ;)

• Like 1

Back to topic, ist there to get a new video in the next days ? :)