Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

is there already clarity that the a330 may or may not be for fsx i have invested a lot in fsx and i'm kidney planning to get p3d

No FSX version planned. As Mathijs multiple times explained, simply not worth the effort needed, as there is no FSX market for such a product anymore.

• Like 2

I just saw an A330 at MediaMarkt's OnlineShop. Is that from Aerosoft, that is quite conceivable...

A330_!.thumb.png.2bd030042d1a6ecd864aeb458ef8226f.png

1 hour ago, pshd said:

I just saw an A330 at MediaMarkt's OnlineShop. Is that from Aerosoft, that is quite conceivable...

These listings are always bogus as long as the product is not released. Please forget about that release date or any other release dates you will see at online shops. They are all just placeholders and are made up. 

If there is news about the AS A330, such as release dates or price, you will find it here. 

vor 5 Minuten, Frank Docter sagte:

These listings are always bogus as long as the product is not released. Please forget about that release date or any other release dates you will see at online shops. They are all just placeholders and are made up. 

If there is news about the AS A330, such as release dates or price, you will find it here. 

Okay, so we'll just have to be patient until we get more information. & Thank you

1 hour ago, pshd said:

The best way to know when our A330 is released is to subscribe to the Aerosoft Newsletter.  We'll certainly let you know when the product is released, and we are the only source that you'll learn actual and accurate information.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Hey all developer

Is it possible that you can show some picture, of the A330 with the SAS Livery?

Best wishes

1 hour ago, Magnus Andersen said:

Hey all developer

Is it possible that you can show some picture, of the A330 with the SAS Livery?

Best wishes

I dont think a SAS livery has been painted yet. If it's painted prior to release, then they might show it, but if not, then I'm sure someone else in the community will provide it for us.

19 hours ago, Maximilian1912 said:

Is smoke (from the wheels) simulated during an RTO?

No. First of all it is something that would only happen under extreme braking actions, secondly it is not a standard procedure and we are highly reluctant to simulate those. It also requires us to simulate a lot more. Extreme high temperatures in the brakes, possible fire, grounding the aircraft etc etc. Basically it's a bit like electronics, when the smoke escapes the machine is broken. We do simulate the more modern carbon brakes that increase stopping power as they get hot, we do not simulate them fusing to the brakepads when an RTO in extremis has to be done. You can write the brakes and tires off. 

To be honest, in 25+ years of seeing people flying simulated aircraft I have never seen any RTO being done, I have also flying online for a loooong time never seen it done. How often do you do them? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Maximilian1912 said:

Is smoke (from the wheels) simulated during an RTO?

While I don't believe smoke is modeled, FSFX is presently working on an Aerosoft Airbus Immersion product for the Airbus Prodessional. It promises to be as good or better than their previous product for our 32 bit Airbus. This is all the information I have on this, but you can always contact them directly.

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

To be honest, in 25+ years of seeing people flying simulated aircraft I have never seen any RTO being done, I have also flying online for a loooong time never seen it done. How often do you do them

Absolutely. The only time I've done an RTO has been in testing.

Hello!

It's nice to see progress being made on the Airbus line. The modelling on the 330 looks gorgeous. 

I really like the philosophy of these add-ons: a detailed FMGS but not too much time spent on abnormal procedures, very good work on the athmosphere of the cockpit and and a very pleasant co-pilot function. I only wish it would also be available for X-Plane now that I moved to this simulator (I know, no plan for it at the moment). 

Best regards!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

To be honest, in 25+ years of seeing people flying simulated aircraft I have never seen any RTO being done, I have also flying online for a loooong time never seen it done. How often do you do them? 

Add to this that you have to encounter some very specific circumstances for the brakes actually to start smoking.

The aircraft has to be near the maximum takeoff weight, reject very close to V1, etc.

I've done a couple of rejects flying "the line" in the PMDG's, which simulate the brakes glowing red if they get really hot, and never I even got into that range. Let alone smoking brakes, melting fuseplugs, etc.

It might be simulated in those aircraft, but even though it is and even though I did some RTO's, I've simply never encountered entering that range as it is the absolute extreme of an already very unusual manouver.

• Like 1

I think if it would move to Xplane they would need to rewrite the code because it is note the same system for coding and modelling... But I wish to. Take a look of the JAR330. That one is the -243 version.

15 hours ago, grimpeur said:

Hello!

It's nice to see progress being made on the Airbus line. The modelling on the 330 looks gorgeous. 

I really like the philosophy of these add-ons: a detailed FMGS but not too much time spent on abnormal procedures, very good work on the athmosphere of the cockpit and and a very pleasant co-pilot function. I only wish it would also be available for X-Plane now that I moved to this simulator (I know, no plan for it at the moment). 

Best regards!

Will be the aerosoft a330 be released this year for p3d v4? Nice work tho on the a330 kudos to aerosoft

16 minutes ago, rv69 said:

Will be the aerosoft a330 be released this year for p3d v4? Nice work tho on the a330 kudos to aerosoft

Please read a few pages back o use the ´search function:

6 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Add to this that you have to encounter some very specific circumstances for the brakes actually to start smoking.

The aircraft has to be near the maximum takeoff weight, reject very close to V1, etc.

I've done a couple of rejects flying "the line" in the PMDG's, which simulate the brakes glowing red if they get really hot, and never I even got into that range. Let alone smoking brakes, melting fuseplugs, etc.

It might be simulated in those aircraft, but even though it is and even though I did some RTO's, I've simply never encountered entering that range as it is the absolute extreme of an already very unusual manouver.

As far as I am aware there is no add-on that simulates these things. Not even the so called study level add-ons. 

Yes. I completely agree with the statements on not implementing brake smoke. I'd much rather have you guys put that time into other things in the project. Again thanks so much for this project! Also, I asked this question earlier but didn't get a response, but out of curiosity, I saw in the Airbus X-Series you guys put the "retard" callout after 20 feet was stated from GPWS, but in the Airbus 320 Professional, I see that the retard callout happens before or even as it's stating 20 feet AGL. Will this be fixed with the A330? I know it's small but it's just one thing that bugs me. But great job on the aicraft! She's looking like an absolute beauty as of right now!

Are you SURE it is wrong? At 20 feet you only care the distance between the wheels and the ground. 

hello, since you have already entered in testing phase of the product, and I guess you have already tried also in different rigs .... can we expect more or less the same performance we have in the A320 family??

since i have an humble setup this is a top concern pior to click buy now

1 hour ago, jotaedo said:

hello, since you have already entered in testing phase of the product, and I guess you have already tried also in different rigs .... can we expect more or less the same performance we have in the A320 family??

since i have an humble setup this is a top concern pior to click buy now

Thus far, it pretty well follows the A320 performance. But it's still too soon to provide you with an answer.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎.‎07‎.‎2019 at 18:56, Mathijs Kok sagte:

No. First of all it is something that would only happen under extreme braking actions, secondly it is not a standard procedure and we are highly reluctant to simulate those. It also requires us to simulate a lot more. Extreme high temperatures in the brakes, possible fire, grounding the aircraft etc etc. Basically it's a bit like electronics, when the smoke escapes the machine is broken. We do simulate the more modern carbon brakes that increase stopping power as they get hot, we do not simulate them fusing to the brakepads when an RTO in extremis has to be done. You can write the brakes and tires off. 

Yeah, that is absolutely true. 

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you SURE it is wrong? At 20 feet you only care the distance between the wheels and the ground. 

I've spoken to a friend of mine that is an Airbus pilot for a USA carrier and flies your guys' aircraft and spoke about it a bit. He says that the Airbus Retard Callout plays after 20 feet. Of course it's such a minor thing, but just one thing that kinda nags us :D If it's too much time to fix the minor bug, I understand, but he said that the retard callout isn't supposed to step over the 20 foot callout. 

9 hours ago, BrianThePilot said:

I've spoken to a friend of mine that is an Airbus pilot for a USA carrier and flies your guys' aircraft and spoke about it a bit. He says that the Airbus Retard Callout plays after 20 feet. Of course it's such a minor thing, but just one thing that kinda nags us :D If it's too much time to fix the minor bug, I understand, but he said that the retard callout isn't supposed to step over the 20 foot callout. 

We'll look into this, thanks!

14 hours ago, BrianThePilot said:

The 320s I fly dont even play 20ft callout. And I fly a really wide variety of serials, from 2000's to 9000's. From 30ft goes to retard callout and it has priority over the rest gpws (20 10 and 5) callouts, as long as the levers are not retarded. And lets not forget, "retard" callout is not a command, its a reminder to move the levers to idle. I can touchdown with levers at CLB if power is needed all the way to the runway. And believe me it happens quite often, specially at warmer days. So, there is not a precise/exact moment at which the retard call is triggered.

Regards