!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

2 hours ago, Alberto-VZLA said:

For each question about a release date, you guys should increase the price by an Euro... You'll be surprised to see how quickly it stops.

Hahaha!!!  I've never heard that, but truly loved that one!

Truth is, we have a love/hate relationship with questions about release dates. Some of us get them almost daily from many diifferent venues so I'll admit that there a part which thinks... "ah man, really? Did you bother reading the post up above?" But then we all realize that the person is simply excited about our collective work and excited to purchase and enjoy it.

I know of no other company in flight sim that has the relationship with their customers like Aerosoft does, and the reason is our Community Manager and Program Manager Mathijs, which is what drew me to Aerosoft a number of years ago.  Mathijs created this amazing bound with Aerosoft customers, so with that relationship comes such questions.

So as I said, a love/hate thing with that question. But at the end of the day I'm very happy we get them, no matter how many times we answer them.

Best wishes my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AirbusCG said:

I can't agree with you Dave, there are so many small differences between the A320 and A330.

There's a good reasons pilot have to do quite a differences course when transitioning between the types.

Mwahhhhh.... sure, but any simmer who can fly the A320 should be able to fly the A330 without much problems. Just like a real pilot would be able to. That we take so much time to make an A330 is that we are also changing a lot in the A320 series, lol.

Update:  Just asked a pilot and it depends a lot on the authority. Can be as little as a week training and some sim rides.  The differences are almost all in abnormals etc and as you know we do not care for those a lot.

2 hours ago, passicfc94 said:

Possible to get a video of the landing gear animation?

When it is done.... it's not a massive priority to use right now.

• Like 1

No, it's roughly similar. We feel that the handling of that one is pretty solid. Or at least that is what our advisory pilots tell me. 

12 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

I did the GSX pushback, but the before pushback checklist list did not run.

Well that's the reason why it is called "Before pushback". ;)

But lets not get in to deep here. If you have a problem open a topic in the correct forum

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Detail50 said:

Hi,  will there be any changes to how the Checklists work in sequence and how you might be able to fix a checklist sequence issue?  I haven't been able to figure it out, but occasionally they just don't follow the script as they are supposed to although the order in which the preflight is done is always the same.

I will give you an example,  last night on a flight from Singapore to Manila in a A320 I reached the point where it told me to follow GSX instructions for pushback, I did the GSX pushback, but the before pushback checklist list did not run.  I went in and cancelled GSX in ground services and did a option 2 no pushback and then the checklists worked properly.  It seems to always be an issue at the pushback point and I've not been able to figure out the issue.  Can all the checklists be able to run manually like the taxi checklist as an example?

I assume you are talking about the semi intelligent co-pilot. It has been a massive struggle to make that work with GSX (we need to recode for ever change it does) and that why there are so few add-on aircraft that do it. I'll be honest and say that if we know it would cost so many hours I would have stopped that whole development. But if you have an issue with it now, please use the correct support forum. I do not see what you report as an open issue so it seems it is something that does not affect all people.

That code is (apart from the difference per aircraft) the same as it is in the current A320. It's being worked on continuously however. See this: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

I really hope you don't drop the co-pilot. It's one of the selling points for me and I'd rather drop GSX (FS2C seems to do it better anyway). Mathijs, I think you did a great job with the co-pilot. Those issues are minor to me and doesn't really stop me from enjoying it.

Oh now, it is still in and will be fully supported. It is just that we really focus more on Connected Flight Deck. Flying with two person is really the next step in reality that we need to do.  We moved from stupid AI ATC to real human ATC because it is far more realistic. We need to make that same step in the cockpit. 

• Like 1

I like FS2Crew but I think our is more incorporated with the aircraft systems.

Our airbus projects were always designed to be very complete, so you would not need to buy RAAS or a co-pilot add-on. That's why we also deliver a fully up to date navdatabase (and not an outdated one like others) on release. 

• Like 2

We decided to put the new AirCanada livery into our A330 default livery set. I just finished this paintjob today and wanted to share some impressions of it with you....

A330_AirCanada_001.png

A330_AirCanada_002.png

A330_AirCanada_003.png

A330_AirCanada_004.png

A330_AirCanada_005.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VAFPilot said:

Loooks great! Will the paint kit include a full fuselage template?

Think we replied to that a few times, same as the A320. And with over 1500 available repaints I think that works!

1 hour ago, Jammin16 said:

OMFG... It's looking mega awesome, can't wait to the release date. It is still too early to ask the price of this wonder???

Should be in the same range as the current busses. We are not fans of $100+ add-ons.

Work also expands to the night version now. The cockpit shot shows the dark cockpit without domes or reading lights which are applied the coming days. The FCU panel integ lighting is like in real world independently dimmable from the rest of the integ lighting (one knob on the pedestal for that in the A330) with the knob on the lower glareshield. Exterior lighting contains all what there is on the real thing. Strobes and wing lights light up of course also the direct environment around the aircraft. Regard all still work in progress. Some finetunings ahead....

A330_Night_001.png

A330_Night_002.png

A330_Night_003.png

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, generale84 said:

VC flood will be replaced instead of RealLight, right?

We are indeed not using RealLight (as it does not function in P3d V4.5 correctly) but are using another technology that is native (but way more time consuming to implement).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are indeed not using RealLight (as it does not function in P3d V4.5 correctly) but are using another technology that is native (but way more time consuming to implement).

How about the impact on performance? Will there be an FPS hit?

As far as we can see only very limited. But there is no other option. Lighting is an incredibly weak point in this simulator.

• Like 1

vor 18 Minuten, Detail50 sagte:

Looks nice,  by appearances the runway floods look much better than what I see in the current A320?

This may relate to experience, but will you be able to light the cockpit and overhead panel in cold and dark state with night selected so you will be able to see?

Of course! For that you have dome, flood and reading lights in the airbus cockpit.

• Like 1

Friends,

Would you please do us a favor? When quoting a post, please remove the photos or screen shots ftom the post you are quoting.

Thanks for helping us with this.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Doing video's take a whopping lot of time, we rather spend that testing at this moment.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/10/2019 at 6:03 PM, FestiveDuck said:

I remember it being asked a while ago and you guys replying that you would make a decision later down the development track. 

This is of course in relation to the option of GE engines, I understand that you arent going to be releasing with the GE engines however was just wondering if a decision has been made to whether or not it will even be developed after release?

So far no decision has been made. You can expect one to be made after the initial release when first customer feedback is recieved and we can make up a picture how the A330 is recieved and what additional work the community might want.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:01 PM, leonchike said:

Does the A330 support lateral offsets for oceanic flights?

I recall it being supported, however don't quote me on that.

• Upvote 2

On 10/10/2019 at 6:03 PM, FestiveDuck said:

I remember it being asked a while ago and you guys replying that you would make a decision later down the development track. 

This is of course in relation to the option of GE engines, I understand that you arent going to be releasing with the GE engines however was just wondering if a decision has been made to whether or not it will even be developed after release?

With the new simulator around the corner things are very much in flux, but we do intend to add more engines.

• Like 4

On 10/14/2019 at 5:37 PM, itaylevi16 said:

Will the EFB in the A330 be the same as the one in the upcoming version of CRJ ?

No, interesting enough we decided on different development paths. In the CRJ it's 'hard coded' while in the A330 it is a basically just a modern website. The first gives some options that are hard to do in web stuff, the latter makes it way easier to edit and add things. Much better flexibility. For example the fact you can simply show PDF files etc.

On 10/14/2019 at 6:26 PM, CheapCharlie said:

With the MSFS on the horizon, has Aerosoft made any decisions concerning the support P3D if there is a version beyond v4?  

We have 'thoughts' on that, decisions can only be made when we have an SDK. But it is pretty clear we are very enthusiastic about the new sim.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, Thomas Hao said:

A330 and CRJ 1000, which one will release first?

It's not a CRJ1000, it is a complete new build of all CRJ's!

At this moment the plan is to release the CRJ first, but as part of the testing still has to be done, this is not set in fast drying concrete. 

vor 56 Minuten, aplong sagte:

excuse what is likely a stupid question but what is CPDLC & SDK for GFO?

Also, once this aircraft is released, would it be possible to release a making of the A330 video? I m interested in seeing how these are designed drawn coded etc...you guys do an amazing job really amazing!

CPDLC is a system that is represented by the small display(s) at the bottom of the main panel in the airbus - the small thing where nearly all simmers didn't know what it is there for for a long time^^ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller–pilot_data_link_communications

SDK is a "software development kit", I believe it's a kind of a tutorial how a certain software works to enable third party developers to develop apps that work with that software. And in this case the software we are talking about is GFO = Global Flight Operations by PMDG: https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-announces-global-flight-operations/

But to be honest, I can't yet really imagine what this program will be like...

Regards, Dominik

• Like 2

Will it use more GPU instead of CPU? For mine will be perfect to use more CPU because I have a 1GB GPU and it will run in lag like a321/320

23 minutes ago, Dave2017 said:

I've been following Aerosoft's A330 development for several years now, and I'd just like to know if it will be released sometime within the next, oh, lets say 2 years.

I noticed that someone decided to erase the previous A330 development forum and start a new one in July 2018.  This conveniently makes it seem as though development of the A330 has been proceeding much faster than it actually has, which in reality is ridiculously slowly.

Is this just a big joke or are you actually going to release this thing so folks can fly it instead of just reading about it for years on end?

Thank you.

My friend,

If you've been following the development, then you already know the answers to your questions, and you know that what you wrote is not even close to being accurate.

1. As has been stated countless times (and those following the development know all too well), Aerosoft intends to release the product this year.  This information is included (even recently) in this thread.

2. The A330 has NOT been under development for years.  As has been clearly stated countless times over, the development process was to first release and update the A320 Professional Series, and then start work on the A330, and given that they use many of the same files, we planned for this to speed up development of the A330 and it's done just that.  The lions share of the work on the A330 has been done THIS YEAR, and we also intend to release THIS YEAR.  We've shared all of this information from the start of the Airbus Professional Series, including when it was originally announced.

I will take you at your word that you've been following the development, therefore I have to assume you're merely trolling and will take the appropriate action.

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3