Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

If the "boss" as you name Mathijs don't want to give a release date, then there will be no release date given. 

By the way, one page back the exact same question has been asked and answered with a link to the answer (that no release date will be given). 

And this settles the question for a release date for the next few pages in this topic. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bigt said:

Whoa. I don't want to start assuming and I have never asked for a release date. But, if we are waiting on the new MS sim, then a release this year is out the window is it not?

Absolutely not. My CEO would skin me alive.

• Like 5

Time to update you on the EFB that will be part of the complete airbus range of products.  Normally I would not show anything if it would not be visible in a screenshot but as the VC is still under construction it's not possible. It will however be the standard Microsoft Surface 3 that is in use by most airlines these days. it will be mounted on the window ledge using the mounting hardware in use by many European carriers.

We have looked long and hard at several different 'brands' of EFB software (there seem to be 5 major companies who provide them) but we decided to stay close to what they do but do things a little different. This is mainly because we got limited pixels to show the EFB with. Of course it will have a 2D full HD popup, but we want it to be usable in the VC. So we need things to be a bit bigger. 

To show you what you can see on it a screenshot of the files layout might be useful.

image.png

• The first thing you might notice is that we default to HTML as a default file format. This is for two reasons, first of all, what we build is basically a standard webbrowser (more on that later). Secondly, it will make it easy for you to tweak the files. Your airline got different flows? No problem, easy to change the files. Making this adaptable is REALLY important for us.
  • Secondly what you might see is that we focus a lot on Flows (also in the tutorial and manual etc). That's because flows are what pilots use these days. So we provide the complete flow for both pilots and then the checklist to check if all has been done well.  Starting with the checklist is NOT how pilots work these days. Checklists are to check, not to do.
  • The EFF folder holds documents relating to your flight, briefing package, load sheet, flight plans. We will talk to SimBrief and PFPX to see if they can export direct, but you can also manually move the file in the correct folder.
  • The charts will be our own Lufthansa charts or Navigraph, we most likely be able to offer a free account for NavDataPro Charts for a few days but after that you will have to insert a serial. Of course you will see your location on the geo-referenced charts, enroute, SID/STAR, approach and airport layout.
  • If you have your own files you would like to see in the EFB, you can simply copy them to the User Defined folder and as long as they are not overly complex HMTL files they will show up fine.  

As said, basically it is a browser and that opens a whole lot of additional options. But also problems so we need to look closely at how we are going to handle that. Perhaps a list of links you can browse to (simbrief, avsim etc). If you got ideas we like to hear about it. Basically this whole EFB works at this moment, we do have some major hurdles. Performance for example. While this is not a major issue for Boeing etc, for Airbus it is still very complex and considered rather secret. So we need to see how we do that and we might not have this 100% completed on release.

If you have comments... please!

And the project I blurred? That's a kick ass project you have not even heard about. It's the one that Stefan our modeler worked on before he jumped back on the A330. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Well, I should say the EFB will be vey nice. I don't know if it would be included, but putting all thr options on the EFB instead of the third FMC might be a good idea... The options that I talk about would be like the callouts, amount of pax, chocks, gpu and hpu and all the other stuff

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The first thing you might notice is that we default to HTML as a default file format. This is for two reasons, first of all, what we build is basically a standard webbrowser (more on that later). Secondly, it will make it easy for you to tweak the files. Your airline got different flows? No problem, easy to change the files. Making this adaptable is REALLY important for us.

Would it be possible to have multiple variations of them tied to airline codes or something? Or are we just going to have to replace the files before each flight?

6 hours ago, europe.au said:

Would it be possible to have multiple variations of them tied to airline codes or something? Or are we just going to have to replace the files before each flight?

I doubt there will be many people who want to tweak all flows per airline, so no automatic behavior there.

My biggest concern and a deal breaker is time compression. As the 330 will be for long hauls I am not going to sit for hours at crz level and do nothing.

Now with PMDG 737,777 or 747 I can fly with 16x without problems. But the very good AS 320 is limited to 4x as above the autpilot goes nuts.

Can we expect a fix for this and proper support for 16x compression with the A330?

• Thanks 1

It's an issue we are looking at, but we are not huge fans of time compression to be honest.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, DaWu said:

Can we expect a fix for this and proper support for 16x compression with the A330?

While Mathijs looks at this, I wanted to tell you there is a work around. FSX and P3D both allow us to go directly to a specific latitude/longitude, and one can easily get this info for anyway waypoint in a flightplan.

Hope this helps.

18 hours ago, DaWu said:

My biggest concern and a deal breaker is time compression. As the 330 will be for long hauls I am not going to sit for hours at crz level and do nothing.

Now with PMDG 737,777 or 747 I can fly with 16x without problems. But the very good AS 320 is limited to 4x as above the autpilot goes nuts.

16x time acceleration will not be supported, sorry. That's far to much for the computers to handle, unless your sim runs at 100+ fps.

I am for the matter of fact not aware of any single airliner addon which would properly support even 8x time acceleration. Maybe when flying a straight line but as soon as you enter even the modest turn they all run into severe trouble.

Will I be able to properly fly from the right seat? Like in the fslabs there's no difference between flying in the left and right seat. By this I mean will the radio stack on the right side be independent from the left, it enables me to control either radio from either side. Hope in making myself clear

• Like 1

I thought we are all "Leftseater". ;)

The MCDU on the right sight works independent.

2 hours ago, james_12345 said:

Will I be able to properly fly from the right seat? Like in the fslabs there's no difference between flying in the left and right seat. By this I mean will the radio stack on the right side be independent from the left, it enables me to control either radio from either side. Hope in making myself clear

We are looking into this as it would suit very well our CFD approach with the aircraft with two pilots being able to perform PF and PM duties from either seat. The MCDUs will already work independently and we are also looking into other elements. But no definitive decision has been made yet.

1 hour ago, suniram said:

just to add to this:

The PMDG autocruise feature is an "intelligent one", which slows to 1x automatically when needed, for example in turns or when getting off course.  I found it to work perfectly up to 8x while also allowing 16x, but at 16x it switches back to 1x too often.

For me it also does it at 8x and even at 4x.

I found that using Autocruise set to 8x will at best give you a lengh of about 4h for an 8h flight, so realistically it only comes at some 2x constantly because it keeps switching whenever the aircraft gets slightly offtrack.

I'm not too sure if a jump ahead feature would make a lot of sense, we are really not big fans of this particular feature even though I absolutely love the QW787!

13 minutes ago, DaWu said:

I am not talking about 16x and go make laundry. I want 16x temporarily when I fly leveld a straight line. Every addon can do this so I expect AS to do the same

I can easily do 16x on PMDG and I have ALL of the addons. Tons.

A jump ahead feature at least for me it not of interest

Sorry to say but that simply won't happen. We explained the relation between the flight computers and framerates often enough and while it may be possible to modify them for stable 4x under most cruise conditions 16x is out of question unless your sim runs at 100fps+.

1 minute ago, DaWu said:

I said I use 16x occasionally when flying straight. And there is no addon AC besides AS that has a problem with that. If I sit in CRZ for 1hour or 8hours has nothing to do with realism but wasting time. And if a "DEV" tells me that its not possible even though I do it on a daily basis without any problems than he has clearly no clue what he is talking about or is just trolling.

If the A330 has the same issues like the 320 I am not going to buy it. Period. AS may not care so do I

Honestly, what kind of an answer did you expect? I told you why it's not possible in our Airbus, I also made a reference to some older discussions about some technical details about our addon which explained in detail why something is the way it is.
Then you tell me it works in an addon of a totally different aircraft by a totally different developer. With all due respect, what kind of an answer did you expect?

If the unavailability of 16x time acceleration means this addon is not for you then it's a pity but we'll have to live with it.

• Like 5

Friends, let's maintain civility and not gang up on people.  Everyone is welcome here, as are their opinions, so long as they are civil and within the bound of good taste.

As far as I can tell, the question has been asked and answered.  Let's move on please.

Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jackstar275 said:

Maybe something small but will we get sounds of the PAX doors closing and opening?

You simply cant hear them in the cockpit. So what for?

And I cant remember hearing anything significant, even when sitting in the 1st row of business class- ;)

2 hours ago, Jackstar275 said:

Ahhh fair enough then, I have been working on a few recently and every time i`ve closed the doors they`ve closed with a thud and you can hear it from quite far away, but fair enough, it might be because the slides were removed when I was operating them so might be the reduced weight which creates the sound, but you can definitely hear the sound of them closing on the smaller busses like the 320s

That is correct. You can most certainly hear the door closing from the cockpit especially of course if the cockpit door is open, and might I add you can hear it half way up the cabin if the passengers are not making to loud a noise. They sound like a Volkswagen Golf door closing....THUD

I think I remember this being a feature of the older versions of the Aerosoft fleet?

5 hours ago, aplong said:

That is correct. You can most certainly hear the door closing from the cockpit especially of course if the cockpit door is open, and might I add you can hear it half way up the cabin if the passengers are not making to loud a noise.

I guess you are confusing an A330 with an A319 here. Or my ears are really getting bad over the years. ;)

13 hours ago, steve dra said:

Thanks Dave! :)

I'm not a big fan of dirt on passenger aircraft except where it's supposed to be....like on the tail of an old MD-80 for example....(and you can see the ring around the L1 door from the boarding skirt)

Even on the many Freighter's I've done, I don't slather a lot of dirt on....only, like I said...where its supposed to be like on these Cathay Freighters (mostly around the cargo door)....

It's harder to see on metal...but usually around cargo doors you'll see it.  

Most A330's I've seen are pretty clean....not sure if too much dirt is appropriate on this model.  Stephan's paints look right on....I know any 330s I paint will not have much dirt...more "weathering" may happen if I decide to replicate any from pics that show it in detail.

Brother, where the heck have you been!  It's GREAT to see you!   Weren't you and the wife supposed to come by and stay with Evelyn for a day or two?  

Anyway, it's GREAT to see you in the forum!  For those who don't know him, Steve is one of the most respected repainters in flight sim. His work has long been more than impressive!  He's also a very good friend not only to me, but to all flight simmers who fly airlines as he spends countless hours working on very high class repaints, which he freely gives out to the community.

We're VERY happy to have him here!

Steve, I'll give you a call this week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aplong said:

This is allowed on positioning flights etc where I work. apologies for not being clearer 🙂

Well okay indeed, as long as no passengers are onboard you can leave it open. You can also take 5 pilots, give 'em a trolley and make them run up the aisle during takeoff on circuit training though ;)

Whoever wins and gets up fastest can fly the next circuits.

We aim to model normal operations however so in our case the ambient soundset will match what you see: A closed door.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Well okay indeed, as long as no passengers are onboard you can leave it open. You can also take 5 pilots, give 'em a trolley and make them run up the aisle during takeoff on circuit training though ;)

Whoever wins and runs up fastest can fly the next circuits.

We aim to model normal operations however so in our case the ambient soundset will match what you see: A closed door.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 747-400fan said:

to me the most immersive feature would be to get meals on BOTH tables. I mean you'll fly over the ocean most of the time so not that huge of an fps waste. also if the efb could be used for loading announcements sound packs or boarding music it would be nice. like playing jazz while ctp lol. i also think more stuff such as pens and charts could be animated, but in such a way you can put your own copy of your charts easely. i know u have an efb on the way but sometimes pilots say they use charts too. i like the way maddog has its AOC done. like you can report stuff and preloaded answers will come too. it could make the plane lively and convenient imo.

Would be nice to maybe also have some paperwork on the tray table when in flight, instead of seeing an empty tray table. Normqlly I have seen the coffee cup stored in the cup holder, but I don't know of the airline this development is based on. 

8 hours ago, BrianThePilot said:

Imagine having printed metars 

DONE  

weather_1.jpg

2.jpg

print1.jpg