Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Sorry, no plans to change that. Keep in mind that we want the EFB to be also usable on your tablet and it is damned hard to get full access (read and write) to al;l Lvars that way.

• Upvote 2

Will the external model textures be done in 4K like the cockpit?

You understand 512kb textures can be more detailed than 4k right? It all depends on what area is covered by the texture. The dimensions of the textures say nothing on it's own. 

Keep in mind the VC you see is NOT complete, but here is an overview of the GSX2 implementation in the A330. Video (and a lot of the coding) by Rolf.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, BudSpencer said:

It's also very nice to have "official" flows that exactly fit to the cockpit. Also good that there is an option to do it alone, because as long as I'm living in a house with a family and have a lot of work for the job to do at home, I will always fly alone with the option to press "Pause" - even if it's unrealistic.

We realize that most pilots will fly on their own but because of realism we like to make sure you are doing the job of two persons. When you doi we advise you to run the flows alternatively, like this:

image.png

So line by line.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aaron1 said:

Mathijs I appreciate you may not be able to answer this question but have you guys been working with OldProp on any type of immersion package?

No, but they are welcome to do so!

6 minutes ago, JarredP said:

Is there absolutely no chance of someday you start using the actual Airbus font in the displays? I remember a few years back there was some issue with that (was it licensing?), is there any reason now for still not using it?

We'll keep what we have because we have to ensure readability, we feel this is the best balance.

1 hour ago, klisura said:

Did the new P3d 4.5 hotfix solve the issues with your gear animation or with Real Light+PBR?

Nope.

13 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

BTW, speaking about GSX: Will the bulk be modelled? I know some luggage actually gets in there and unlike on the a320 it's quite a large space

It is entirely up to you.  Via GSX you can set any type of loader to go to any cargo door you wish.  We'll provide one GSX profile which you can modify anyway you wish.  With GSX, you can have cargo loaded to three different places on the aircraft.

Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AirbusCG said:

Since when does GSX support three cargo loaders? It can only handle two cargo doors, unless you tick the option for a freighter. Only then it can handle three.

Or are you in some secret insider program which none of us knows about yet again Dave? ;)

Been common knowledge since at least the fall of 2017.  It's also covered in the GSX documentation, and there are many Youtube videos where you can see it in action. 

While I call Aerosoft home (and who wouldn't), I have long been a part of numerous development teams by other developers.  But again, the matter in question has been common knowledge for quite some time.

1 hour ago, Aaron1 said:

Will the VC feature callouts such as "on runway 30 left" and "V1" etc ? (sorry not sure of the technical name for callouts)

This is a function of RAAS, which is built in to the Airbus Professional (A318/A319/A320/A321 and the A330).  You have the option of installing RAAS during the installation, and turning it on or off as you please.

Best wishes!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BrianThePilot said:

Out of curiosity, is the EFB the last major thing to do on the project? Seems that now we have the cockpit lighting configuration figured out and landing gear figured out for a release state, what else other than more PBR work is on the to do list? Again thanks so much for the A330 as she’s looking marvelous. Man it would be cool to fly this bird to Munich for Cross The Pond. Hopefully she’ll be in my hangar by then but no rush! Much rather have a complete plane to fly her

No, but there are many people on the team and they all work on separate parts, other major parts in progress are the tweaking of climb and descent profiles. Still on schedule for this year.

7 hours ago, austrian niki said:

Hey! Will the A330 be for FSX as well?

I know this question was asked a lot, but I didn’t find a correct answer.... So please answer with yes or no! Thanks and regards from Austria!

With the new MS Flight Simulator around the corner we have decided it's better to look ahead and not 10 years back. This is also done because there is a lot we simply would never be able to what we are doing now on that platform. To give you an example, we would have to lose at least a quarter of a million polygons and half of all textures.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, marcusjm said:

Maybe it is too early to ask but what are the chances we will get the new SAS livery for this? (they just changed).

Would be nice to have for 320/321 as well :).

For those who wonder what they look like. I personally love it.
https://www.facebook.com/SAS/videos/the-new-sas-livery/468541627331135/

I can't wait to buy this. It is one of the main long haul planes for SAS.

26 minutes ago, BudSpencer said:

I would say 99% chance that you get it by a talented repainter in the download section of the forum within few weeks or even days after release - as well as any other nearly popular airline repaint. Just look at how many of them there are for the A320/321 now.

BTW, I also prefer the new SAS livery over the old one.

No doubt about it.... I love the new SAS livery as well, and I forwarded it to Stefan the day it was announced.

Our last official statement regarding liveries delivered with the Airbus Professional A330 was there would be 4 liveries delivered with the product:

1. VIRGIN ATLANTIC

2. DRAGON AIR

3. CATHAY PACIFIC

4. LUFTHANSA

Now it's possible that may change, but please don't bet on it unless you see an official announcement from Mathijs or Stefan.

Also, we are well aware of which major airline liveries people are interested in having (because after all, they exist in real life too), so there is no need to ask for them in this thread.  One the product is released, we'll likely have a Livery Request Thread you can use if you can't find a specific livery you're looking for.

Bud is also correct, and has the best answer. After the paintkit is released to the community, the extremely talented repainters (whom we are all very grateful for) will go to work and likely produce a large number of different repaints, which usually start with the larger and more popular airlines and eventually work themselves down to the less known ones.

Additionally, and due to the low number of present liveries, I've asked Mathijs and Stefan to see if it was possible to release the paintkit before the aircraft is released, so that repaints could get to work and have other liveries ready when the product is released.  That decision has not been made mostly because the graphics aren't completely done yet, so more time is needed before that decision can be made. But if the paintkit can be released, even if it's just to the repainters we know, I'm sure it will be.

By the way, my favorite livery Delta (which doesn't use RR engines, but like most I don't care about that), which is also a VERY large user of the A330-300, did not make the list - and Stefan is a friend of mine!  LOL!!!  But as Bud said... one of our beloved repainters will surely tackle that as soon as the painkit/product is released.

I hope I answered your question!

My very best wishes!

• Like 4

vor 10 Stunden , aplong sagte:

Could you please advise what doors will be operational? Cabin and Cargo and bulk cargo doors? Could the bulk cargo doors be added also to the A320 series? Even if GSX cant load things in there, it would be a nice addition to be able to open them.

All doors can be opened and closed ........

Regards,

Rolf

17 hours ago, aplong said:

Could you please advise what doors will be operational? Cabin and Cargo and bulk cargo doors? Could the bulk cargo doors be added also to the A320 series? Even if GSX cant load things in there, it would be a nice addition to be able to open them.

All doors should be functional in thew A330, but keep in mind that GSX2 also has it's limitations. Have you checked out the video published?

5 hours ago, Jackstar275 said:

This year and no, there will be no cabin modelling

Indeed, we focus on the cockpit and really don't care a lot about the cabin.  I am sure there will be another add-on that will costs more that includes a full cabin. Just keep in mind we focus on the job of the PF and PM. That's why we have good framerates and a reasonable price. 

I have a question. Will there be left and right wing views?

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

2019-09-28_21-42-06.png

That's way over 1500 liveries for our older busses.

And I've also found that the livery manager will convert liveries intended for the 32 bit versions and install them on the 64 bit versions

2 hours ago, aplong said:

Could you please point me in the direction of the forum on how this conversion works? I can't get it too work or find the forum. Apologies for going off topic. I'm surprised there is not an Air France livery for the A319/20/21 Professional in the professional livery forum.

All information is provided in the A32S support forum:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/864-repaints-liveries-livery-manager/

• Thanks 1

vor 13 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I do not believe that the bulk cargo door will be added to the A320 series. But ss stated by Mathijs already all A333 doors will be operational e. g. can be opened and closed (see screenshor attached). The reason why GSX cannot use the bulk cargo door is quite simple: The A333 dimensions e. g. the distance between the bulk cargo and the aft cargo door are too narrow so that two GSX loaders cannot park on the right position in front of the doors at the same time. Therefore only the two main cargo doors will be used in the GSX A333 configuration.

Regards,

Rolf

A333 Doors.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

I'm glad to see a model coming soon with extended range,  but it's the same cockpit as the 320 I think and no EFB and rear cabin?

It is of course not the same cockpit, just take a closer look on the already shown previews here in this topic. 

I strongly suggest to read a little through this topic before also claiming that there is no EFB.

But yes, the cabin is not modelled, like in no Aerosoft Airbus. 

52 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

But yes, the cabin is not modelled, like in no Aerosoft Airbus. 

Good news though. I am working on a stand alone Passenger Sim addon where you can use an Avatar and sit in the cabin of one of three airliners. There will be a moving map on the seat back in front of you and you can even play a movie on the screen so long as you own the movie.  This Passenger Sim only works for long haul flights though, and the only view you get is out of the passenger window. Bryan at FS2Crew may will program an addon for the Passenger sim to add disgruntled passengers, babies crying (loudly, and you HAVE to listen to it), people complaining about most everything and from time to time a fight, followed by the aircraft diverting, etc.

Of course you can't visit the flight deck or control the aircraft, which makes sense because it's a Passenger Simulator.

I'm laughing pretty hard right now, and having just a little fun with you guys.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

vor 2 Stunden , AirbusCG sagte:

Well, a modelled toilet including flushing and the smoke detectors to check for the cabin crew are also nice to have!

I won't buy without them!

We already had the flushing toilet in the Flight1 ATR back in 2004 (my idea to annoy a forum user who complained about too much bling 😉 ). Old stuff 😉

• Like 1