Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

2 hours ago, Ustio said:

but to be fair though. many Xplane user modified the a330-200RR only variant with PW and GE engine on their own. that sort of tells me that most people don't really care about engine performance as long as it's still believeable, they only care about how the plane looks. but that's just my opinion anyway

anyway i was about to ask. will the plane have 8,33Khz radio? i'm just worried because the other known boeing developer doesn't have it. their reason is because p3dv4 default ATC doesn't use 8,33 frequency seperation(p3dv4 atc are like from 2006) so they don't implement it

We use P3D radios, so whenever Lockheed upgrades P3D to support 8.33kHz ours will also have it.

8 minutes ago, Florentin28 said:

Are you going to implement the wingflex into the A320?

No since there simply is no visible wingflex on the real A320. This has been discussed a thousand times, for a more detailled answer please simply run a forum search and you'll find your answer.

Followups on the A320 wingflex topic will be deleted.

How's the progress on the EFB coming along? Are there any screenshots of it?

Sorry to ask like this, but what more is left to fully complete the 330 and get it ready for release?

I also hope very much that there will also come a version for FSX.
I have invested a lot in the FSX for many years and would like to continue using it. 
A switch to the Prepar 3D V4 is not financeable for me.

Many Greetings

Jürgen

47 minutes ago, Fly0812 said:

Do we know or have a expected release date?

Please read at least one or two pages back before asking such a question. Chances are high that you find an answer to this question there. 

On 7/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, ols500 said:

This has taken years, hope its worth it lol. Looking foward to some virgin atlantic & delta flights. 

Well.... yes and no. 

We have been working on these Airbus projects for 10 years now and released 6 products you know about. But there also have been other releases you probably never seen. Educational versions, training versions for ground personal (fuel etc), static trainer versions. Next to that we did deliver for movies, advertisements etc. I wish I could post a complete list of all the releases done but that is simply not commercially possible. 

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well.... yes and no. 

We have been working on these Airbus projects for 10 years now and released 6 products you know about. But there also have been other releases you probably never seen. Educational versions, training versions for ground personal (fuel etc), static trainer versions. Next to that we did deliver for movies, advertisements etc. I wish I could post a complete list of all the releases done but that is simply not commercially possible. 

Greetings Mathijs,I for one appreciate all you and the Aerosoft team has done so many wonderful products and this new A330 is just going to be another masterpiece and im looking very much to it’s release. Thankyou sir and your team for all the great products you have brought us through out all these years.

Best Regards 

Zdenek.

• Like 3

Not sure if we shown all of these already.

15.png

14.png

12.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You have, but since the work is so excellent, you might as well show them again for our pleasure. :)

Thanks, Mathijs!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

14.png

Though I know this is still in the development, but is the sign (2?) near the slats reversed?

vor 1 hour , OZWesker sagte:

Though I know this is still in the development, but is the sign (2?) near the slats reversed?

No, that was an earlier development image...

SlatRight2.png

• Like 2

Thanks for all these pics - she's a real beauty :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Moderator Edit: Pix deleted in quote to save page space.

Great pictures Mathijs.  In the past, I have seen Cathy's A330 close up.  The detail that your team has recreated on the rear fuselage looks like the real thing.  One question, your livery looks immaculate, too clean for a working aircraft.  Will your team add weathering and dirt to the exterior at a later date?  Will a clean/dirty version be selactable in the paint kit?  Finally, is there a way I can contact you in private manner?   

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...]

Thankyou very nice pics can’t wait.😊

Regards.

Zdenek.

vor 8 Stunden , CheapCharlie sagte:

Great pictures Mathijs.  In the past, I have seen Cathy's A330 close up.  The detail that your team has recreated on the rear fuselage looks like the real thing.  One question, your livery looks immaculate, too clean for a working aircraft.  Will your team add weathering and dirt to the exterior at a later date?  Will a clean/dirty version be selactable in the paint kit?  Finally, is there a way I can contact you in private manner?   

Thats a very delicate topic. It´s hardly to make it right to the people. Once more dirt is visible they complain that they don´t want to buy something that looks like a "used car" (literally happend that way). But of course you will be able to tune up and down the amount of dirt or add your if needed, as there is a special layer reserved for this issue inside the painkit. To contact me, you can use the PM function of this forum.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Thats a very delicate topic. It´s hardly to make it right to the people. Once more dirt is visible they complain that they don´t want to buy something that looks like a "used car" (literally happend that way). But of course you will be able to tune up and down the amount of dirt or add your if needed, as there is a special layer reserved for this issue inside the painkit. To contact me, you can use the PM function of this forum.

I like my aircraft clean for instance ;)

Most "dirt" I usually see on those I fly in real life is dead insects on the gear struts. Even on brand new aircraft (flown one which was 10 days old at that time!) the front of the gear struts is already covered in dead bees, flies, etc.

Apart from that even in regular service our aircraft are usually kept quite clean.

Most "dirty" paints in the community I find to look like they were parked on a boneyard for 20 years or longer. I am yet to see such dirty aircraft actually in passenger - or for the matter of fact even cargo - service.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I like my aircraft clean for instance ;)

Most "dirt" I usually see on those I fly in real life is dead insects on the gear struts. Even on brand new aircraft (flown one which was 10 days old at that time!) the front of the gear struts is already covered in dead bees, flies, etc.

Apart from that even in regular service our aircraft are usually kept quite clean.

Most "dirty" paints in the community I find to look like they were parked on a boneyard for 20 years or longer. I am yet to see such dirty aircraft actually in passenger - or for the matter of fact even cargo - service.

I could not agree more!

It's not mentioned very often, but the reason that airlines work to keep their aircraft clean is far more than how they appear. Clean aircraft save a great deal of fuel across the fleet when compared to dirty aircraft, so the cleaning helps the airline save money!

I believe that aircraft developers should produce clean aircraft, and the repainters (who do terrific work) can add a dirt layers later on.  One of the best repainters in our community is Steve Drabek, and I'm sure we'll see some nice repaints from him!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am also not a fan of dirty aircraft. It is often overdone and you remove a lot of the 3d effects. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Isn't this something the various talented painters of the community could add, with the paintkit if they wish?

29 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Isn't this something the various talented painters of the community could add, with the paintkit if they wish?

On 7/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, Stefan Hoffmann said:

But of course you will be able to tune up and down the amount of dirt or add your if needed, as there is a special layer reserved for this issue inside the painkit.

• Like 1

It is an area we have done some work on.

But said,  try one of the add-ons that state they done a lot of work on this and claim realism. Set warm weather, dry, accelerate to 100 mph and brake as hard as possible, using whatever system available. Now set the same temp and have it rain and do the same. Note you will most likely see a different in time before you come to a complete stop. Now try the same with a default airliner of the sim. You will most likely see different timing, but on most that we tried the difference in percentages is the same.

Always be wary of feature lists. Always compare aircraft of similar price.

1 hour ago, Maximilian1912 said:

Is the simulated braking distance realistic?

Yes and no. Yes on a dry runway or on a wet (braking action good) runway.
These are the two states P3D knows.

No for a contaminated runway or any other braking action than good.
The sim simply does not know about the many variations you find in real life. The sim only knows: Runway dry/wet.

I find it interesting how some other developers claim their aircraft would react correctly for all kinds of runway states: How should their aircraft even know whether there are 3mm of slush or 6mm? Whether it's Braking Action Medium or Poor? Or Medium-Poor? Or maybe patches or snow or ice? Frozen Water on top of compacted snow?
These are all options we calculate for in real life. Neither P3D nor any weather addon can simulate those.

In my last recurrence simulator we trained for proper actions in case of loss of control if the runway state is different than expected.
Part of that training was the effect of thrust reverse and brakes on a contaminated runway and on a frozen runway.

Believe me, no high end addon on the market is able to show even remotely what happened there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

In my last recurrence simulator we trained for proper actions in case of loss of control if the runway state is different than expected.
Part of that training was the effect of thrust reverse and brakes on a contaminated runway and on a frozen runway.

Believe me, no high end addon on the market is able to show even remotely what happened there.

Even in the Class D simulators, it is rather difficult to simulate and even identify between a contaminated runway braking action versus a loss of braking.

:)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Polo said:

Even in the Class D simulators, it is rather difficult to simulate and even identify between a contaminated runway braking action versus a loss of braking.

:)

It is not just hard, it is impossible. People are thinking too much into those full flight simulators.

During the type rating when you start on the fixed base sim you think"wow, what a great airplane to fly", then you go to the full flight sim and you're thinking "wow, that fixed base sim was really shit". Then you go to the real aircraft and..... guess what ;)

After half a year you then go back to the sim for your first recurrence check. And believe me, it'll be the worst flying experience you'll ever have, the thing handles so shitty, you will hardly believe it is actually simulating that aircraft you just collected 400h on.

From your second RST onwards you'll then be given couple free takeoffs and landings by your instructor as they know how different it is from the real aircraft.

This is of course just the normal handling of the aircraft.

You can imagine though what the abnormals must look like. To be fair though: I do not want to get any chance to verify or deny this.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1