Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

Edit by moderator: Deleted copied pix to save room on the page.

What I see there, I like it very much. Keep it up, I'm always happy when there's something new about this project.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Florentin28 said:

Is there an Option to deactivate the pbr textures 

No, why would you want to do so?

1 hour ago, SWOOS said:

There is no Information About an Eurowings repaint?

36 minutes ago, sverss said:

Is there going to be a Scandinavian Airlines livery included on release?

Please please please, read before posting. It's not been long since I commented with exactly what you want to know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dennis Karlsson said:

hello, when is the realese?

Welcome to the Aerosoft forums, Dennis. It's not possible to estimate an availability date. The cost has not been established and won't be until very close to release. When the date and cost are known, you will see it announced here, so no need to ask later on.

:)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The resolution of the textures tells you nothing about how the addon will look in the end. It depends on how much fuselage is mapped to a certain space of textures.
An easy example to make it easier to understand:
Imagine you have one single 4096px texture and try to squeeze the complete aircraft in it: There will not be much space left per aircraft part.

Now imagine having 48 1024px textures: That gives you twice as much space for the actual aircraft than the single 4096 file.
Therefore the 1024px texture would look more detailled.

Stefan is doing an excellent job to give you a detailled aircraft, just look at those close up previews already seen (for example those of the cargo hold or the wheel well) or wait until you have the final product in your simulator and I can assure you you will not be disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Florentin28 said:

Because the antialiasing is really Bad in my p3d with pbr textures

Making versions without PBR means doubling all the models and texture sets, sorry not planned.

11 hours ago, chris1549 said:

Hello, will the exterior textures be in 4096x4096?

Do you feel that what is shown does not look detailed enough? Keep in mind that the moment you overload the memory amount on your graphics card your framerate collapses.  

• Thanks 1

vor 12 Stunden , chris1549 sagte:

Hello, will the exterior textures be in 4096x4096?

The wings of our A330 for example are made as 4096er maps to get the desired detail out for that huge surface (which is almost the whole tube fuselage again as surface). The fuselage is made in an optimal 2048er resolution as several maps, having clear cylindrical, not stretched boundaries for easy painting. How Emanuel already told, the idea that 4096er maps overall bring automaticly more quality with them holds not true. A development team could promote their product with 4096er maps where they use for example one single map for the whole aircraft. Then another company does the same aircraft with 4x2048er maps for some reason. The information stored in both cases is the same and one could argue about technical favours in this and that direction. In the end what counts on the screen is the resolution per area unit, so how much pixels fit into a squaremeter of the objects surface and how fast that is computable by the equipment. Using blurred or washed out source data/imagery in maps, can so also lead to less quality in higher resoluted textures. There were even companies basing their business on modding with creating ultra-high-resoluted maps for realtime products. But how many of them survived and why? Others try to "cheat" in more resolution by using less resoluted paints and dropping decal geometry ontop of it to simulate a locally higher resolution than actually is there. But on a A330 sized aircraft you have then an extra sheet of many dozens or hundreds of single decals you must administrate to different languages later or recolor to fit a certain paintscheme. That fastly becomes a nightmare for repainters and they complain often already, we would make their work already too hard. And it is tough hobby no doubts.

So we do a honest and direct approach: You get the labels inside the paintkit with direct and fast access and they are fully layered, so you have to full freedom to manipulate them like you want. We go for smooth framerates running on possibly many machines, because that primarily also makes the sim-feeling, not stop-motion cinema. And not forget about another fact: Filling a texture with 4 times more content not only makes it slower running on your machine in the end, it also takes considerably more development time and more costs, which would also mirror in what you have to pay. Either one person works longer for that task or you have to apply more persons. But also those persons have to be paid.

Like anything that wants to survive in nature, we have to see whats works best and have to adapt. It is often not what we think makes us lucky in the first, fast and direct way, but once is understood why, we should be thankful that people take the time the think on later consequences of decission which make us more lucky in the long run. And at the end so at all....

And see how many thoughts just evolve out of the simple seeming question: Does it have 4096*4096 textures?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Stefan, thanks for all the in-depth answers! really enjoying reading along with all the considerations on your end ;)

Any chance of getting a paintkit out a few weeks beforehand so the community can get painting?

Niels.

vor 50 Minuten, niels95 sagte:

Stefan, thanks for all the in-depth answers! really enjoying reading along with all the considerations on your end ;)

Any chance of getting a paintkit out a few weeks beforehand so the community can get painting?

Niels.

That will happen and be reported by an announcement here.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, JOAQUINGONZALEZ said:

Stefan, is it posible to see some cockpit pictures?

Please do not quote all posted images again, if your question do not directly relate to any of these pictures.

I have therefore removed the images from your post.

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

I'm quite speechless from the above previews! The exterior model really looks amazing. Just wondering if you will be able make a PBR livery of Sri Lankan Airlines A333,which could ship with the product? As a Sri Lankan it will be ecstatic to fly my national carrier!

Thanks , Don Asalage 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JOAQUINGONZALEZ said:

Stefan, is it posible to see some cockpit pictures?

As long as you understand that the current textures are NOT complete and need at least two more layers (among them PBR). So this looks rather flat and lifeless right now.

2.png

1.png

3.png

Again, this is NOT complete but being worked on at this moment.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Donddsa said:

Hi all,

I'm quite speechless from the above previews! The exterior model really looks amazing. Just wondering if you will be able make a PBR livery of Sri Lankan Airlines A333,which could ship with the product? As a Sri Lankan it will be ecstatic to fly my national carrier!

Thanks , Don Asalage 

Will try to do that for you! Planned to do the UL livery once the paintkit is released. :) 

58 minutes ago, ols500 said:

This has taken years, hope its worth it lol. Looking foward to some virgin atlantic & delta flights. 

Delta's A330s use GE engines, AS is only making the one with the RRs right now

2 hours ago, Flyer330 said:

Delta's A330s use GE engines, AS is only making the one with the RRs right now

Which of course does not mean you can not paint a Delta livery and fly it nontheless. How many simmers flew the 777-200LR instead of the ER, not even talking about the different engine versions which were available on the -200ER compared to the -200LR ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Airbus A319 said:

Does it have failures? Like going into the MCDU and selecting ENG 1 fail with optional speeds, altitudes to type in and having the ENG 1 fail on the ECAM, and having the ECAM completely working.

Welcome to the forums!

None of our Airbus variants, including the A330, have failures model.  We only model normal operations.

Best wishes!

@DaveCT2003 Thanks for welcoming me to the forums, and thanks for the information! With the Aerosoft A330, there is finally going to be a nice usable A330, and it's perfect, especially when you compare it to that Blackbox. ;) 

I can't wait to fly your A330! :) 

I'd like to thank Aerosoft and their developement teams for this incredible aircraft! :) 

Greetings,

Airbus A319 (it isn't my real name) ;) 

11 minutes ago, Airbus A319 said:

@DaveCT2003 Thanks for welcoming me to the forums, and thanks for the information! With the Aerosoft A330, there is finally going to be a nice usable A330, and it's perfect, especially when you compare it to that Blackbox. ;) 

I can't wait to fly your A330! :) 

I'd like to thank Aerosoft and their developement teams for this incredible aircraft! :) 

Greetings,

Airbus A319 (it isn't my real name) ;) 

Most welcome!

I am waiting for A330 made by Aerosoft 

because i enjoy A320,321 professional for flight Europe area  , it's stable, robust model  and reasonable price

Yes, there are some fantastic company for sim aircraft ... but A330 model is rare for P3d v4

I hope Aerosoft team makes this A330 model highly sophisticated and study level as against FSLab

Cheers

3 hours ago, Tony kim said:

I am waiting for A330 made by Aerosoft 

because i enjoy A320,321 professional for flight Europe area  , it's stable, robust model  and reasonable price

Yes, there are some fantastic company for sim aircraft ... but A330 model is rare for P3d v4

I hope Aerosoft team makes this A330 model highly sophisticated and study level as against FSLab

Cheers

The A330 is meant to not model failure, only normal, usual flight operations. However, personally, I only do failures on smaller aircraft because this will likely be my plane used for overnight long hauls whilst I sleep and likely some short hops around Europe. When the 330 drops I'm flying that thing all around Europe :D 

26 minutes ago, Maximilian1912 said:

So an engine failure  ,for example, is not possible or cannot be simulated at all???

We have had the discussion about failures often enough by now, the summarized result is:
The vast majority of simmers only use them once or twice and then do not touch them anymore.
Seeing that the amount of work needed to simulate those failures would pretty much doubt the product price we do not see it justified and therefore do not model failures.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 7/13/2019 at 2:07 AM, Emanuel Hagen said:

We have had the discussion about failures often enough by now, the summarized result is:
The vast majority of simmers only use them once or twice and then do not touch them anymore.
Seeing that the amount of work needed to simulate those failures would pretty much doubt the product price we do not see it justified and therefore do not model failures.

Yes, that is the truth of it.  By not modeling failures (that would not really be used) it would greatly lengthen developement time and raise the cost to three times the cost of the aircraft. 90% or more of our customers would not want that and would not use failres even if they were built in.

Best wishes.

24 minutes ago, EmuEiichi said:

I'm almost in tears with these screenshots, the model is superb ! The A330 is my favorite aircraft, and I'm so glad to finally see a proper one arriving into simming world.

I am forcing myself to not ask the forbidden question about when this beauty will be ready, (oops I did) - But I have one question : is the workload to create the other variants heavy ? Or do you have to create each model separately (was that the case for the A320 family) ?  

There is a lot of work involved in creating other engine variants, based on past experience developing the A320 series you can take a couple of months per engine or aircraft variant.

This said, keep in mind it was never said it will not be done! All that has been said is that initially the A330-300RR will be developed. If there is demand for it and if it is feasible to do so you can be sure other versions will follow!

15 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

There is a lot of work involved in creating other engine variants, based on past experience developing the A320 series you can take a couple of months per engine or aircraft variant.

This said, keep in mind it was never said it will not be done! All that has been said is that initially the A330-300RR will be developed. If there is demand for it and if it is feasible to do so you can be sure other versions will follow!

but to be fair though. many Xplane user modified the a330-200RR only variant with PW and GE engine on their own. that sort of tells me that most people don't really care about engine performance as long as it's still believeable, they only care about how the plane looks. but that's just my opinion anyway

anyway i was about to ask. will the plane have 8,33Khz radio? i'm just worried because the other known boeing developer doesn't have it. their reason is because p3dv4 default ATC doesn't use 8,33 frequency seperation(p3dv4 atc are like from 2006) so they don't implement it

3 hours ago, Ustio said:

but to be fair though. many Xplane user modified the a330-200RR only variant with PW and GE engine on their own.

TBH, what user do on their own doesnt matter at all. Whenever Aerosoft delivers a A330 with PW and/or GE engines, customers can expect that these are behaving as close as possible to the real thing and not being some fake engines.

• Like 1