Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 Professional Preview

I think all you want should be possible. We have not yet decided if we would make it a full browser. Free to show what ever (does not make a lot of sense in an EFB) or that their will be a set of links.

3 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

Alright. What about working the other way around?? Like locking some sites that clearly show no interest (won't quote i promise) and letting the rest free. Because TBH there's just too many sites we simmers go to: I myself without any navigraph stuff already can tell i use about 30 different websites at least.  And I mean browsing just depends of where the user will go so he is responsible of where he is going 100%. 

This is absolutely not about being able to view certain websites. We couldn't care less what you view.
The question is more: Does it makes sense to simulate internet access while surfing the webs is clearly forbidden for pilots? So why simulate simthing if it's not done anyway.
Or if we do it: What comes next? The netflix abo included in the product? ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Will the A330 have different panel states (cold & dark, turn around, taxi, take off) like the A320 family package has? Thank you very much!

9 hours ago, marcusjm said:

I used the search function but couldn't find out whether this will have the nice First Officer/Checklist function that A3xx has.

Would be nice to have FS2Crew as well but I guess that is not up to Aerosoft :).

It'll have all features which the A320 also had.

7 hours ago, europe.au said:

If a solution comes out later on in development (or post-development), would you guys re-implement RealLight or leave it out of the aircraft?

To go back would take many many weeks of work. So very unlikely.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FestiveDuck said:

I'm going to assume yes, purely as there will be Connected Flight Deck and it would be strange for people to both be sitting on the same side of the aircraft, as the person flying as the F/O may want different charts or something on the EFB than the Captain

Also, silly questions.
1. Is there going to be an option to Dim / Brighten the EFB?

2. Are we going to be able to "pop out" the nav display / PFD / FMS' just like in the PMDG aircraft?

It's a bit complex as there is no way to run multiple webbrowsers in the sim so it would always be the same screen. There is also the fact that these displays take an amazing amount of cpu power so we have to be careful.

The ND will be poppable like the PFD now is.

1 hour ago, klisura said:

So what will happen on 320? It will never see PBR or is it going to loose Real Light?

We have to see, right now we only know that we can't get RealLight and PBR not working together.

Some other cool news... our icing module is completed and you can get up to 700 KG of ice on your A330. With all effects on fuel flow etc etc. Don't try to land with severe icing. Makes big holes in airports.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, AidanM said:

Hi guys. Have you made any progress on the landing gear animations?

Nope... the animation we need requires changes in the game engine and Lockheed seems unwilling to make those at this moment (not surprisingly). So while it works now 'reasonably' there are some bits that won't stay fully connected while they move.  Rumour has that the new MS sim allows all these animations without a problem and that will make a lot more possible.

8 hours ago, jeancarlo903 said:

Can we see a video Working With GSX Level 2...?

I'll see if one of the testers has that installed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AidanM said:

Hi guys. I don't mean this to sound as harsh as it does, but I don't see how the A330 will be out this year if something as major as the landing gear animations can't be sorted out soon. However, as I've said before, I still can't wait for this to be released. Can't wait to do some flights across the Atlantic in this bird!

I don't see that as harsh, but if the sim does not allow a certain animation there is absolutely no way we could add it. That's really all very hard coded in the sim. So unless Lockheed surprises us, what we now have is at it will be. This is not something spending more time on will solve.  And as I said, it does not look bad, just not as good as we like.  We'll make a video next week.

So we spend our time on things that do work, for me that is the content of the EFB this week. We are now implementing the import of flight packages from PFPX etc.  This is from PFPX.

image.png

and this is from Simbrief:

2019-09-19_18-14-45.png

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, generale84 said:

web page or pfpx package?

Well PFPX also does not contain weather sat images but they use a build in browser to display what is available on the web. Just as we do. Depending on the region it might even be the same image.

About subscriptions...

To get the charts you will need a paid subscriptions to NavDataPro Charts or Navigraph Charts. For all other things we will do our best to avoid any subscriptions. It might be that PFPX or ActiveSky users will have some active links not available to others but as always we try to keep our products free of obligatory links. 

48 minutes ago, Balogh Ádám said:

There are always lot of people who fly default aircraft just because of shiny graphics. They use autoland and switch to outside view during the landing. However there are the more professionals who prefer quality addons over shiny graphics. I hope this latter are the majority.

Tjee and we really do try to make our aircraft and airport look really good and shiny!

The amount of people who do not care a lot about how things look is very very small. Selling something that looks like crap simply will not work. Never did, never will. In the end the best looking simulator will get the best most users, so the best add-ons. Always did, always will. You will notice that in 2025 when you are still on P3d V4. 

You got until monday to suggest more 'pages' for our EFB.

• Checks / Flows: all the flows for both pilots and the checks (all local)
  • Charts: Enroute and airport charts (overlayed with aircraft symbol showing where you are) (needs connection and account)
  • Calc: what you need to trim etc (all local)
  • EFF / Weather: documents related to your flight. Flight packages from SimBrief and PFPX, sat imagery and metars (local and connection)
    Please note we have not found legal sat images for the other regions.Work in progress.
    Please note that we read real time weather and NOT weather in the sim, so you will need a weather tool that is able to insert accurate (!) actual weather.
  • Docs: the complete step by step guide (based on flows) (all local)
  • More: links to 3rd party tools + 8 pdf documents and 8 internet links selectable by the user via ini file (local and connection)

CHECKS / FLOWS Cockpit Preparation
  Before Start
  Engine Start
  After Start
  Taxi
  Before Takeoff
  Takeoff
  After Takeoff & Climb
  Cruise
  Approach
  Final
  Short Final
  Landing
  Go Around
  After Landing
  Parking
  Securing the Aircraft

CHARTS NavDataPro
  Navigraph

CALC Weight / Balance
  Speeds / Trim

EFF / WEATHER Flight Package
  Trip Metar
  Metar
  Satellite Europe
  Satellite Africa

DOCS Introduction
  Setting Up
  Cockpit Preparation
  Before Pushback & Start
  Engine Start
  After Start
  Taxi
  Before Takeoff
  Takeoff
  After Takeoff & Climb
  Cruise
  Approach
  Final
  Short Final
  Landing
  Go Around
  After Landing
  Parking
  Securing the Aircraft

MORE PMDG Global Flight Operations
  OnAir
  1_(PDF)
  2-(PDF)
  3-(PDF)
  4-(PDF)
  5_(PDF)
  6-(PDF)
  7-(PDF)
  8-(PDF)

Note how skillfully I bend this topic around the release date of the A330, lol.

In my personal opinion we are 2020 will be a new heyday for flightsims. I think we will have three platforms that all have their own audience. 

• P3D for the hobbiest who feels semi professional but where most development is these days done on missions and weapons. There is a markable twist towards single seat professional fighters and not a lot new for airliners.
  • X-Plane that caters for any user.
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (no FS2020 as many say, it is just 'Flight Simulator') that Microsoft wants to position as the new platform for commercial use.

Now I am 100% sure that Microsoft will choose to make the new sim extremely hard on hardware. Look at what they shown and you know it will demand very serious hardware. But that's fine, they are setting a platform for 5 years. The hardware always grows into the sim and the only way to get new features is to make them and hope the hardware will be fast enough to support it. EVERY version of MS FS did that and almost all versions of P3d did that. 

FSX was deadslow for most users when it was launched. Now 7 of my 8 cores do absolutely nothing when I run it. My graphics card does not even spin up it's fans. If you make some virtual machines you can run several FSX version at the same time on the same machine without any slowness.  When Microsoft Flight Simulator released next year it will demand very very serious hardware. We are investing massively in hardware to be ready. 

so does it means we can browse to whatever address we want or do we have to put everyting in the ini file?

I personally use ChartsFox so any info about compatibility is welcome.

Also, could we get the load manager to be both integrated into the efb or by the actual APP? A bit like QW 78 if you see what i mean

Oh and don't forget the AS forums :-p

Basically if you can run the website in Chrome it should work. We just not allow any storage of data and/or passwords for security reasons. So forums will need manual login etc, not very agreeable. But we'll allow storage of some data (such as for NavDataPro and  Navigraph) so we'll see.

We are not planning to incorporate the load manager in the EFB at this moment as we have a few limitations that will be very hard to works around.  Depending on how things lok next year we'll might do that.

23 hours ago, europe.au said:

IIRC, they said that the 3rd MCDU on the A330 will be used for the menu items (i.e. the doors, pax, etc.).

Yes for now that will stay as it is.

vor 10 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes for now that will stay as it is.

Maybe the EFB could used as options panel. Like the Zibo Mod. The third MCDU can be used then for sth else. That would be better for CFD. Or let‘s say more realistic.